Beyblade Random Thoughts

Sonic Tiger is a bit on the aggressive side of the spectrum for a lot of things. Driger V's base (metal flat or something, despite being semi flat or sharp depending on the release), is pretty good though, if a bit too tall.

Fantom Grip is pretty good for attack use, actually. It's better than it's made out to be.
Jsb You already have a lot more plastics and I am relatively a 'stranger' to the plastic meta... But I like attack and anything that has gaia dragoon v's parts. Even if th!nk wouldn't have suggested me that combo i would have eventually found it(i read the beywiki a lot more these days... And still end up giving wrong advice Tongue_out).
Anyway last time you beat me in the tourney so it's revenge time *evil laugh*(Tala style) XD

i just made a random combo and want to see what you think (please correct me if this was the wrong place to post)

Variares 105/RSF
This is not the correct place to post that - there really isn't one. If you want improvements on it, use Build Me A Combo.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Vari-Ares-Discussion probably is most appropriate. Testing would be helpful when you post there.
Slowly putting all my plastics back into their original forms, so I can take a couple of photos of my collection (and somehow, I need to resist taking 300 photos of just voltaic ape).

You know, I actually take about as much care of my beys as anyone who uses them as extensively as I do. The only ones that look really beat up are either my very earliest ones that I used extensively on all manner of surfaces, or ones that I bought in that condition. Oh, and my first Uriel 2, that thing is T-R-A-S-H-E-D.

It's quite enjoyable doing this though, plastics really are very, very aesthetically pleasing as a whole, and it'll be fun trying to put customizations back together afterwards, as well as working out what parts I've lost over the years! :3

It really does bring home just how many base clips I've lost, though... :c
It's okay th!nk. All shall be well.

iknowthatfeelbro.jpg
(Feb. 07, 2012  5:30 PM)th!nk Wrote: Sonic Tiger is a bit on the aggressive side of the spectrum for a lot of things. Driger V's base (metal flat or something, despite being semi flat or sharp depending on the release), is pretty good though, if a bit too tall.

Fantom Grip is pretty good for attack use, actually. It's better than it's made out to be.

Oh yes, Sonic Tiger is aggressively designed, but I think the recoil produced does not affect it much (probably because its made to battle all suck-ish combos).
I'll count it as a plastic counterpart of Phantom (a highly inferior one, though); having decent amounts of Stamina, and capable of getting occasional KOs.
As for the base, yes it is a lot more sharper than its name suggests. But for some reason, it still doesn't suffer from Balance problems... The base is also relatively circular, which might have LAD.
So yeah, I am depending on that. Tongue_out
Fantom Grip had always been my favorite attack base, because I used to love its shape and color. Even though it doesn't get enough movement, it might be used for Attack. The only reason why I look to use it for Defense is because of its less movement. It might as well be considered a Rubber-based Defense tip(when its not moving), due to the amount of grip it will have.

(Feb. 07, 2012  6:21 PM)N0body Wrote: Jsb You already have a lot more plastics and I am relatively a 'stranger' to the plastic meta... But I like attack and anything that has gaia dragoon v's parts. Even if th!nk wouldn't have suggested me that combo i would have eventually found it(i read the beywiki a lot more these days... And still end up giving wrong advice Tongue_out).
Anyway last time you beat me in the tourney so it's revenge time *evil laugh*(Tala style) XD

Lot more plastics?! Heh!
As for the revenge thingy, lets see! It was just my luck that you didn't opt for VariAres in the initial stages of the tourney. Tongue_out

@th!nk's recent post- Well, its always fun to do that! My favorite pass time is reminiscing about the plastic beys I owned, and how great a feeling it was, when one saw them battling.
As for how well I cared about my beys, I still remember that I never lost a base clip or any other part to date. Cool
*embarrassed*Then again, I actually lost all my beys in the end. Lips_sealed

All my beys were intact, in sufficiently good condition, and the stickers were also intact.
I used to battle a LOT! I remember that there were around 10-15 bladers in our locality, and we all used to meet for bey-battles every evening! Then what one would see is a stunning Battle Royale, consisting of at least 10-15 beyblades; battling in my teeny-weeny MagneStadium! Aw those BIG battles were fun! Joyful_2
I reckon HMS did the best at actually represtenting what there BP are, Like Dragoon MF's ABS look's alot like to dragon heads whereas MFB pretty much fail at that.
MLD? NEMESIS?... But you are right HMS were best at it and next were plastics.
No, the Metal System was the best at it :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade...#pid885237
I'm realising I may be slightly crazy about plastics. I say this because I am currently organising all my bitchips by colour, having finished putting all of my beyblades back into their original form and sorting them by system (#, A-F, V/V2, G/GT, Non-Numbered Releases/Etcetera). At 2:30 AM. In my room. Which is a total mess.

Eee
That must be a nightmare Tongue_out! Especially considering how much you customise your beys Tongue_out.
I'm good at developing faster systems to do everything. I just disassembled everything, sorted AR's into one container, WD's into another, SG's into a third, bases/SP into one more, and had my bucket of bitchips nearby. It took a few hours to get all 93 of them together (though, I'm short a lot of base clips and a few of them are broken/missing parts so yeah). It was quite fun, though. The weird thing about doing all this is that I'm enjoying it, and I'm generally quite a messy person (I'm a perfectionist, but I'm also very, very messy. I'm weird, k?)

So yeah.

Oh, and after organising them, I then catalogued each one in order of release and wrote anywhere from a sentence to two paragraphs about each individual beyblade, as a writing exercise to get me back to writing articles (I've had a little writers block the last couple of days), and just in case anyone feels like reading through all 11 A4 Pages Worth (hey, there's 93 to write about) of it when I take and post pictures of my plastics collection.

That took a fair portion of my day, but it was very good fun reminiscing about old times, and just thinking about plastics in general, and it was pleasantly broken up with some guitar practice, chatting on facebook, and a steak dinner. So, all in all, it made for a quite nice day.

It's also nice to look at the things I spent ridiculous amounts of money on with their own parts, so I can see why I spent money on them. Good for the mental health, I say.
Just learned that I have depression, and one way that my therapist said to help my depression??

BEYBLADES. MY FACE: Eee MY DAD'S FACE: Serious

So, it seems that Beyblades can help with depression. Finally, I have justification why I spend a whole lot of money on spinning tops that look pretty. XD
Probably explains me too, then, hah.

Though, my psychiatrist wants me to work harder.
Hah, yeah.. Never thought I would be depressed, but... It happens I guess.

And I just had my first visit today. There is probably a lot more that can help than just Beyblades.

But anyway, I've been meaning to ask you something th!nk.
Happens to most people at least once in their life, often it's just a temporary thing. Spinning Tops is one of the most awesome treatments I've heard though.

Feel free to ask here or shoot me a PM Smile
Lol, beyblade for a treatment. That's awesome xD
"Doctor, can I please have a prescription of.... Diablo Nemesis?"
By the way, Beyblade sales in Japan have declined slightly, which might explain why TAKARA-TOMY could end the whole Ginga saga and start a new series, but sales worldwide have increased. Actually, they talk about exports. In any case, we know that Hasbro is making a lot of profit with Beyblades, so that could just imply that the other Asian, Australian, etc. divisions of TOMY have had increased sales.
Sales have definitely declined in other TAKARA-TOMY regions too. It's actually quite visible from the number of players free-playing in local toy stores. Their decision to withheld the 4D releases in those regions to sync with the anime has proven to be flawed. Having no new releases locally for a long time is discouraging. Boredom sets in.

Anime is anime, toy is toy. Even though they are correlated, they operate in a slightly different manner.

Local WBBAs are still working hard with local tournaments to boost up sales, even with the decreasing number of participants though. So, yeah.
Sounds like it's time to put motors in spinning tops. Serious
(Feb. 09, 2012  3:12 PM)th!nk Wrote: Sounds like it's time to put motors in spinning tops. Serious

Last time they tried something like that they had a product prone to literal explosive failure.

Please no.
(Feb. 09, 2012  3:12 PM)th!nk Wrote: Sounds like it's time to put motors in spinning tops. Serious

how would that help!? It takes away the thrill and when the battery runs out ... 0_o
(Feb. 09, 2012  4:15 PM)faissaloo Wrote:

how would that help!? It takes away the thrill and when the battery runs out ... 0_o

[Image: picard-facepalm.jpg]