Beyblade Random Thoughts

Everyone else was saying tornado battlers, I was just saying it didn't look like it, though it could be something else.

Hopefully it's a new stadium exclusive beyblade. As I said in the Zero-G topic, I love the idea behind the stadium so I would probably get the beyblade too.
Honestly who cares if TT releases a gimmick. They are in the buisness to make money not to adhear to our every whim. They can do whatever they want with thier franchise. If you dont like it, dont buy it. Just because they release a gimmick doesnt mean thier reputation as a company is ruined...many of you make it sound like the world will end...
This is the Random Thoughts topic, I was simply voicing some of my 'Random Thoughts'.

The wheel looks quite wide, and to me looks a bit like a cross between VariAres and LDrago Destroy (but might just be me though).

And I know the world ain' going to end, that'll only happen when they release a cross between Cyber and Dark. I just don't want TT to end up being another Hasbro, 'cause the Gimmiced beys from Hasbro have ruined it for me...
I think it will be hilarious precisely because the "TT ARE SUPERIOR HEIL MOTHER JAPAN" crowd will be choking to death on crow.

and I will be the one forcing it down their gullets.

Seriously, though, non-competitive releases do not negatively affect anyone. To hear certain people tell it, however, those products are killing children with guns and handing out cigarettes to infants.

"Oh no Hasbro released a toy I am not interested in!!! Quick, to the Demonization Mobile!!!!"
As was I. I didnt name you specificly or anyone else, nor did I say anything insulting. I am sorryy you interpreted it that way 0_o

Assuming that a beyblade or any spinning top was put in real zero gravity (well there is no such thing as zero g technicaly. Fg always goes down to the smallest decimal...) that would just be so cool. Putting a beyblade in space would be even cooler. Ignoring all the negligble forces the zero g vacum of space, in theory a beyblade spun in space would spin forever...
(Jan. 13, 2012  2:48 AM)Hazel Wrote: I think it will be hilarious precisely because the "TT ARE SUPERIOR HEIL MOTHER JAPAN" crowd will be choking to death on crow.

and I will be the one forcing it down their gullets.

Seriously, though, non-competitive releases do not negatively affect anyone. To hear certain people tell it, however, those products are killing children with guns and handing out cigarettes to infants.

"Oh no Hasbro released a toy I am not interested in!!! Quick, to the Demonization Mobile!!!!"

Ha, I would love to see the "Holy Church of TT" ripped apart by this. I would hate all the pointless backlash comments people would make as a result, but it would be worth it haha
Yo guys, TT did release (and basically invent the idea back in plastics) of the super control beyblades.

Just saying, you guys seem a little behind the time (as does everyone).

The only significant TT>Hasbro or TT<Hasbro arguments are:
1) TT have released a fair stadium or two whereas hasbro releases stupid stadiums and then uses stupid rules to nerf attack even harder.
2) Hasbro benefits in terms of reinforced molds because TT releases wheels first, by the time hasbro release anything, TT have already made any suitable mold adjustments.
3) Hasbro haven't released a left-spin string launcher, and use shorter ripcords on ripcord launchers.
4) Takara's support of competitive play is significantly better than Hasbro, especially outside of the USA,.
5) Both have different recolours and exclusive releases, which comes down to opinion.
6) Hasbro have made it much cheaper to get things like MB and XF

TT releasing things first isn't even a valid argument, hasbro try to release things with the anime, which started later here. Hasbro even went so far as releasing the maximum series in time for the world championships, despite the anime not showing it.

In general, I'd say TT are slightly better, due to the stadiums, launchers, and competitive play. In terms of actual beyblades though, there isn't any difference so deal with it.

That said, it's often cheaper for me to buy Takara beyblades with shipping, particularly ones that have been out long enough for hasbro to release them, than it is to go to a store and buy hasbro, mainly because hasbro charge nearly double here, and my local store has only just started getting anything past the legend series.
And that is just overlooking the fact that Hasbro basically showed many of us Beyblades in the first place.

'Tis a minor fact. That should really end any kind of Hasbro>TT>Hasbro>TT arguments.
(Jan. 13, 2012  2:58 AM)th!nk Wrote: mainly because hasbro charge nearly double here

I'd like to once again point out that Hasbro has a lot less control over this than some people like to emphasize - the fact that Australians pay hideously larger amounts of money for just about everything should be a fair indicator of this. I blame Kangaroos.

I still maintain that gimmick products are beneficial to the market, or at the very lest, completely neutral. Certainly not the criminal offense they are made out to be, at any rate.
True, I phrased that poorly, I was just basically indicating how it is for me, personally. I'm very much aware that we pay more for everything, being a musician and having ordered almost everything online (I wish retailers could do the same: they could charge less and still make a significant profit if they bought from US retailers rather than direct from the manufacturer, especially with bulk shipping and such).

However, I'm yet to actually find any good reason for why we pay more for everything, given we're slightly closer to Asia, where most of this stuff is produced, and our currency is quite strong in comparison to other places. In terms of supermarkets, we have a relatively non-competitive market here, but outside of that, I've done a fair bit of looking around, and the only real reason I've found is our relatively low population density, which is still a poor excuse for charging nearly double. The thing is, most companies don't seem to have any good reason to do so, other than "other companies do it too and here are some vague, highly questionable reasons why that make very little sense when you actually give them more than a seconds thought", so I'm not convinced hasbro couldn't charge less.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

As for gimmick releases, I'm in agreement: I don't really see how they truly harm sales, or at least, do more harm than good.

You're getting taken to the cleaners because more of you aren't buying your goods from overseas. Without the competition of independent importers, the traditional import channels will continue to price as a regional oligopoly. (high)

The Australian Dollar is high enough now compared to other currencies that the opportunity for market arbitrage is enormous. Even if local regulations prevent this at a large scale, small groups could still come together into buying cooperatives for personal use without much trouble.

You can't do this for perishable items obviously, but there are enough staple household items and durable goods to make a real difference for the average household if you make the decision to do so.

Even if this proves to be too daunting at a larger scale, surely you could sort this out for beyblades? It's what I do for my community and so we all pay lower prices for TT beys than are found at eBay let alone some of the other toy retailers in the States.
More and more of us are, but guess what?

Instead of trying to source or price things more competitively, retailers are instead asking for increased taxes and tariffs on goods imported through the post. The media does little to question this, and just incites panic about the downfall of Australian Businesses due to the *dramatic music* INTERNET.

I'm afraid I don't currently have the capital to do anything like that on a decent scale, nor the organisational abilities to co-ordinate it.

I did propose it for TT beys at some point, and a few people here do sell TT beys at tournaments, as far as I recall (I wasn't there for the last one, where I think it started). I don't really know how I'd get things much cheaper, though a few people have whispered in my ear about it, but yeah, right now my income flow isn't quite as steady as it could be were I not dealing with some personal things, but even then, it's a pretty small wage.
Gimmick releases for any toy line is comprable to ones part time job. If ones full time job isnt earning the, a suffecient income, or they would just like some extra cash, then they take on a part time job. Obviously the main Beyblade line is the full time job, and gimmicks are the part time job, in this scenario. A gimmick beyblade is ment to appeal to different age grops, as well as non competative players. Its really just a smarter way to earn more money for the main game

While this may be random thoughts, alot of discussion on this has taken place. Perhaps members should now be expected to not bash either company (SK too but why would you bash SK anyway?) without proper reasoning, and/or stating it is only an opinion.
I'd bash SK for their gravity mold, the accompanying LR launcher, and poor moulding, at least during season 2 releases, with lots of little bits of extra metal that should have been cleaned off properly.
I had no idea SK quality was like that sometimes. My only physical encounter with an SK bey was my best friend's Driger G. He still owns it. Apparently when he was a kid and still into beyblade, his parents got him a beyblade from South Korea (he is south korean) and the bey is in very good looking condition. Sadly unlike his carp beys, he wouldnt sell me the Driger for that reason. Damn emotions... =P
(Jan. 13, 2012  5:09 AM)th!nk Wrote: I'd bash SK for their gravity mold, the accompanying LR launcher, and poor moulding, at least during season 2 releases, with lots of little bits of extra metal that should have been cleaned off properly.

Hehe! Bad for whoever who even bought it... Tongue_out
I know of the age old idiom- "Don't judge a book by its cover".
But tbh, I always found Hasbro beys better in comparison to the TT/SK beys, because of the relatively beautiful boxes they made in the plastics era.
And now, its the opposite. I like TT more for their epic boxes! Grin
I wonder what did Hasbro get in making a box which would look garbage after being opened... At least they packed the bey... Tongue_out
I mean, its not like they have been doing this from the beginning. They had beautiful boxes in the plastic gen. I wonder why did they make such boxes now...
I know, I love hasbro plastic boxes.

I hate their MFB packaging, primarily because of how impossible it is to get to the facebolts, but I hate blisterpacks in general. Takara Tomy make fantastic box designs that look cool, that I wouldn't be entirely embarrassed to show to an attractive checkout operator. Hasbro packs look very childish and as such I have to have some lame excuse about a cousin or younger brother prepared.

Uncertain
Ugh, it's torture to get out the facebolts.

Usually when I look at Beys, to see if I can find a Hell Kerbecs, I'm like saying, "Hm, what did my brother want?" And I don't even have a brother..it's just that some people think I'm a baby for loving Beys. Usually, I don't think about the embarrassment factor, since I don't really care what other people say about me.

But the Takaratomy boxes look way cooler. Personally, the part I hate the most is the facebolt pack: I cut myself pretty deep in my finger trying to get it out.

I've never seen Hasbro plastic boxes..I'll probably look it up.

EDIT: I put cute myself instead of cut...
(Jan. 13, 2012  4:09 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Jan. 13, 2012  5:09 AM)th!nk Wrote: I'd bash SK for their gravity mold, the accompanying LR launcher, and poor moulding, at least during season 2 releases, with lots of little bits of extra metal that should have been cleaned off properly.

Hehe! Bad for whoever who even bought it... Tongue_out
I know of the age old idiom- "Don't judge a book by its cover".
But tbh, I always found Hasbro beys better in comparison to the TT/SK beys, because of the relatively beautiful boxes they made in the plastics era.
And now, its the opposite. I like TT more for their epic boxes! Grin
I wonder what did Hasbro get in making a box which would look garbage after being opened... At least they packed the bey... Tongue_out
I mean, its not like they have been doing this from the beginning. They had beautiful boxes in the plastic gen. I wonder why did they make such boxes now...

I can guarantee you it is a cost issue, with some combination of the following:

* Blister pack is cheaper to produce / has cheaper materials
* Cheaper/easier to integrate a blister pack into existing assembly lines than a printed folded box
* Spoilage costs go down for a blister pack as it resists crushing better than a folded box and is less susceptible to water damage
* Theft goes down for retailers as it is harder to get parts out of blister pack
* Returns go down for retailers as when parts theft occurs it is easy to see in the blister pack and people just don't buy a partial pack whereas a taped folded box you can't see into and so have no way of knowing without opening it up in the store.
Mmm, I guess the extra sales from good packaging wont cover those losses. A real shame.
TT-style packaging would lower sales in American Markets, to be entirely honest. Shoppers in America want to actually be able to see the item they are purchasing, not a pretty picture of it. Dimensions, metallic shine, a 3D, physical object in sight... all much more endearing than a picture with basic photoshop effects surrounding it.

This is basic psychology. Smile
Maybe my sense of aesthetics are off kilter, I just find the idea of rows of TT Boxes lining the shelves so much more appealing, and a lot of people do seem to. They are more attractive, dramatic. From a distance, I can't tell beyblades apart from any other toyline, they're pretty generically shaped boxes in plain, standard toy colours (maybe there is a reason for that), whereas TT Boxes are uniquely shaped, and rather bold.

I think you Americans are just all weird and tasteless Serious
I like seeing the item we're buying, not a picture of it. I could not care less what a box looks like if I cannot actually see the thing that the box contains.

Moreover, for me, I like that they all look the same from far away - and once you're up close, everything is blatantly obvious. The way my Wal-Mart is arranged also has light going down the backs of them(from a sunshaft above the aisles - we only use half-electric lighting), which lets the CWs shine a bit. It really is quite visually interesting - and seeing how the Beyblades actually look, in three dimensions, right in front of me, makes it easier for me to decide if I really want one or not.

Hasbro packaging also allows you to spot inconsistencies in their products, which can rule out defects entirely before you even buy it. It is especially nice when shopping for a new CS!
Yeah, I guess, but somehow, pretty packaging attracts me. One of a number of times where I choose form over function.

And the lighting at most stores here isn't very interesting. They're pretty lazy.

And still, their facebolt packaging is a pain in the butt, and leaves gunk on the facebolt when you finally prise it out.
See, if you could trust a company like I trust TAKARA-TOMY, a lot of that could be avoided.
(Jan. 13, 2012  6:59 PM)th!nk Wrote: Yeah, I guess, but somehow, pretty packaging attracts me. One of a number of times where I choose form over function.

And the lighting at most stores here isn't very interesting. They're pretty lazy.

And still, their facebolt packaging is a pain in the butt, and leaves gunk on the facebolt when you finally prise it out.

Their newer Facebolts do not come in that packaging... at least, none I've bought recently had it.

(Jan. 13, 2012  7:00 PM)Kai-V Wrote: See, if you could trust a company like I trust TAKARA-TOMY, a lot of that could be avoided.

Yes, but I am a realist. Smile