Beyblade Random Thoughts

It occurs to me that maybe Kerbecs would be good on Diablo because it has three places where the weight is distributed. It's hard to explain, but I mean like the weight is helped to be distributed evenly by Kerbecs on Diablo. That or I'm dead wrong about it.
Most tests involving Diablo have either used Unicorno II or Kerbecs, I believe, for precisely that reason. 3-Sided CW go best on 3-Sided MW.
Adding on to what Hazel said, I believe the term you're looking for is good synergy, Ryu-X.
(Jan. 03, 2012  4:41 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Adding on to what Hazel said, I believe the term you're looking for is good synergy, Ryu-X.

Ah thank you. Synergy. The word just wouldn't come. IT just occurred to me. I didn't know that testing for it had already been done. So apparently, time to find a Kerbecs.
(Jan. 03, 2012  12:14 AM)JBey Wrote:
(Jan. 02, 2012  5:15 PM)Clonetos Wrote: Am i the only guy here who likes recolors i read a couple pages ago someone didn't like recolors of beys....and no i don't mean recolored characters in paint but like say dark wolf in midnight blue and silver ya know?

God, YES. They are amazing. Recolors are the reason why very serious collectors will lose all their Birthday money in ONE DAY. Three words: Ice. Burn. Phoenix.

Recolors/Limited Editions + Collector = Supaburn

I really wish thier was a drool emoticon on his forum, what would have suited it better.

Also, Recolors/Limited Editions + Collector = Empty Wallet

No flying money emoticon either haha

Ice Burn Phoenix, Dark Dranzer, Lunar Sol Blaze, Crystal Beys, Metal Masters (plastics) Phantom Force, randoom Boosters, face-off sets...The list could go on forever! Most recolors are just so cool looking!
Ryu-X: if that only just occurred to you, you're about two weeks late to the party.

Hazel: 85 was around a long time before BD145, most notably in BB-96, which at the time of release was an amazing buy, and where a lot of us got it from. A few mercury Anubis versions and the mld URS also contained it, so there was quite reasonable distribution, I guess.
I'd completely forgotten about BB-96, which is why I said I wasn't sure, haha. I thought Mercury Anubis came after BD145, though.
Nah, Mercury Anubis was the first release of 85 and XF.

The Legend version, and I think the brave version, were released after it, but the prize one from the arcade machines came waaay before BD145.
But at the same time, not many owned it before BD145. XD
It was quite rare, and only a handful of people owned it. Out of those, only a few sold it. Tongue_out
So, 85 wasn't easily obtainable, if it was the one with Anubis, IIRC. Thanks to BB-96, it wasn't as rare.
(Jan. 03, 2012  9:43 AM)th!nk Wrote: Nah, Mercury Anubis was the first release of 85 and XF.

The Legend version, and I think the brave version, were released after it, but the prize one from the arcade machines came waaay before BD145.

Thaaat's where I got mixed up - for some reason, despite actually having the original Mercury Anubis 85XF sitting on my desk in front of me, I kept thinking the Legend one was the original release, even though I knew it came later in the anime and so forth.

Oh well! It's strange to me, actually, thinking about a time where LTAC did well... perhaps it's just the current way everything looks and feels(ie: 120-145 being supreme), but it is hard to imagine 90/85 rising in popularity ever again for attackers, unless TT figures out how to make slopes that can still perform effectively even with the minor contact time available in MFB - which I think would be the bee's knees and shinguards!
Can't believe the prices of Stadiums! Oh well, money well spent... when I get around to it. X_x
I saw a Mercury Anubis 85XF on ebay the other day, an for that type of rare bey in such a good condition, it wasnt all too bad of a price. Still too much for me though...

Did random thoughts get un-stickied?
I even used the regular Post Reply method that time... what in the world is wrong with this thread.

Mercury Anubis 85XF actually still isn't very rare, LeonTempest - in fact, I think they've gotten cheaper, lately.
(Jan. 03, 2012  11:46 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2012  9:43 AM)th!nk Wrote: Nah, Mercury Anubis was the first release of 85 and XF.

Thaaat's where I got mixed up - for some reason, despite actually having the original Mercury Anubis 85XF sitting on my desk in front of me, I kept thinking the Legend one was the original release, even though I knew it came later in the anime and so forth.

Oh well! It's strange to me, actually, thinking about a time where LTAC did well... perhaps it's just the current way everything looks and feels(ie: 120-145 being supreme), but it is hard to imagine 90/85 rising in popularity ever again for attackers, unless TT figures out how to make slopes that can still perform effectively even with the minor contact time available in MFB - which I think would be the bee's knees and shinguards!

Its quite weird to see Attackers on a high height, actually. We are SO used to Low-Height Attackers, even in plastics. BD145 and 230 are to be blamed for the extinction of LTACs. Its good to see them come back...
I've usually noticed that BD145 combos fall prey to such low height combos, which are capable of destabilizing them.
I've always seen destabilization as a weakness for BD145 combos. :\
I have no proof to support my statement, but probably Kaiba's recent invention- MF-H Phantom Cancer 85RB flaunts a decent win rate against a BD145, and Kaiba claims to see destabilization in action...
(Jan. 03, 2012  7:47 AM)th!nk Wrote: Ryu-X: if that only just occurred to you, you're about two weeks late to the party.

Hazel: 85 was around a long time before BD145, most notably in BB-96, which at the time of release was an amazing buy, and where a lot of us got it from. A few mercury Anubis versions and the mld URS also contained it, so there was quite reasonable distribution, I guess.

Yup I was late for the party. But I did realize it without looking at testing results, so at least I kind of know how synergy works with Beyblades anyway.

Another random though: VariAres rules. So much recoil unfortunately. I tried adding an MF bolt on it; significantly decreases recoil. I did master it at the DFW tournament though...got third place at my first tourney...at least good tourney..and when I say good, I mean with BB-10's and 4D beyblades.
You know, I was just looking at Unicorno II, thinking how solid it looked and how similar the thickness is to Kerbecs, with more even distribution.

Which was right, it's 3.27g, versus Kerbecs' 3.3g (according to the wiki). Aquario is only 3.2g, according to the wiki.

Might be worth including in the defense tiers now, even, seeing as those CW's are basically just chosen on weight, and after that, balance.

Oh, I'm also mildly suspicious about the "Hasbro Dark has decent Defense, TT Dark sucks" thing... I wonder if it was all based around a slight chance variation in tests and then belief in the "hasbro=heavier" myth.
Unicorno II is a nice CW, for sure, but I'm not sure if it'd work as well as Aquario or even Bull on circular wheels, or wheels with two primary points of weight rather than three. Defense combos also need to have at least some measure of precaution for spin-time put into them, in my opinion, to help against the occasional XF/WF/MF combos.

My Hasbro Dark wheel most certainly does not have decent Defense... even Ray can reliably KO it.
Maybe, but we recommend Kerbecs which is literally 0.03g heavier. At least publicising it as heavy, so people in "build me a combo" know that it's a good choice, might be a good idea (especially as it and basalt come in the same set).

Mmm, we're talking more "50% against storm" "decent" (more horrible, but "having some defense"). But I sincerely doubt there is any difference. I should do some tests just so we can remove it from the Wiki Description...

Actually, I want to redo the D vs SD test there too, but I'm really busy lately.
I don't really recommend Kerbecs for anything but Diablo and non-BD145 Basalt Combos, but I suppose it is a worthwhile mention for those few-and-far-between moments. I wonder if it can be lined up similarly to Kerbecs to pull that extra oomph out of Basalt...

Ah. Yeah, that still sounds kind of weird... I'd test it myself, but I don't own any TT Dark wheels. And, I'd help with D vs SD, but I gave my only D tip away, haha. I need to buy another one.
(Jan. 03, 2012  11:28 PM)th!nk Wrote: Oh, I'm also mildly suspicious about the "Hasbro Dark has decent Defense, TT Dark sucks" thing... I wonder if it was all based around a slight chance variation in tests and then belief in the "hasbro=heavier" myth.

Hasbro Dark is the one wheel mods will back the "myth" for, suggesting that, in this one case, it is actually true. Do bear in mind, though, that the article would almost certainly have been written when Hasbro Dark was new and attackers weren't nearlyas good (or well tested). Even then, it was never actually considered good for defence, only used to point out the significance of Hasbro mold changes.
I'm not sure either if Uni II would work as well as Kerbecs, but it does seem more balanced than Kerbecs. 0.03g should not make any difference at all, lest it be minor, which things like that we can hardly test. I'd say it should work as well as Kerbecs, and if more properly balanced, definitely better, as circular wheels like Duo with 3 points with weight being distributed, it would be greatly balanced, no?
Dracomageat: Ahah, I was around then, but there is no actual visible mold difference between the two at all.

Rai: Duo is still two-sided soooo...

Speaking of weight, I just realised there's a way to put LDD/LDG's metal frame on WD145's centre piece, and attach a tip, put it on scythe, and then use the other Metal Ldrago as the CW, and put on an MF-H. Oh lord.

Hilariously illegal, but just imagine if I had two LDG's! Eee

EDIT: Lol just weighed "MF-H Scythe Destroy Guardian145MB": 126g.
So after playing around with my new Plastics, I realized all those rules covered in the rule book with talks of grandeur and amazing battles like when a Beyblade is Knocked Out while the other stops spinning at the same time which you'd think to yourself ".. What? This isn't possible, I guess they are just putting it in to cover all situations" are all completely possible with Plastics. Seriously. There are just some things you can only see happen in a Plastics battle.

I think we're getting rather dull wheels because if they made some of the designs in Plastics but revamped into MFB format: injuries would probably occur a lot.

so wait what your saying is the plastics rule over MFB or what? either way i think mfb has its moments well in my eyes

I.e: clashing beys doing crazy carp
Dan, I've had that rule happen to me sometimes, I posted about it back in February in that old 'Your best battle' thread. Vulcan is the man. Cool

However, I do agree with your statement.