Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jan. 02, 2012  12:30 AM)BlackWingAngel Wrote: Today's the day I get back to Blading... but who to start with?
Purchase Consultation, use that.

When I posted in the Beyblade Whine about your breaks thread ages ago about the 2 pillars on the left side of the AR of Draciel Metal Ball Defencer, which hold the bit chip broke because of the plastic see through casing for the bit chip. I found that the molds on the sides, which fit into the AR was too big to fit inside MBD so I found a solution to weaken the molds by rubbing them onto the hard wooden floor of my bedroom and now it fits perfectly onto my MBD ^^

I can't believe I didn't think about this until now. When I get my Driger S from my friend and see a similar mold of it I'll do the same with it's casing
(Jan. 01, 2012  11:34 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Jan. 01, 2012  10:36 PM)sum 472 Wrote: I find it funny how people think Variares and Blitz are good because of recoil, It's because of smash attack abillity that the two wheels have.
R145 is still a track for defense, it's shape isn't that good compared to recent defense tracks.

If people seriously think their recoil is a positive attribute, as really seems to be the case, people need to learn the meanings of words before using them.

R145, on the other hand, is a track that creates very significant recoil - it's only really useful for extremely heavy combos and only when GB145/BD145 are not available.

*cough* Variares *cough*
LAWLS

>dat synergy on Variares R145 yo
(Jan. 02, 2012  7:36 AM)th!nk Wrote: *cough* Variares *cough*

VariAres R145 is a defense combo, now? I was clearly talking about Defense uses... otherwise why would I say GB145, haha? Plus, the post I quoted...
The post you quoted was talking about smash and recoil, which is why your post struck me as odd.

BD145 caused me more questions, considering GB145 does have use on beat, as you yourself have been very keen to point out.

Defensively, I'd rather use a low track over r145. If r145 was the best defense track I had, I'd use anti meta, or not use defense.
The bottom line of the post I quoted called R145 a defense track. I was replying specifically to that, as should have been entirely obvious...
Yep, just noticed, completely missed that somehow! My apologies, octopus, it has been a rather hectic morning/afternoon.
Quite odd, though...
Anyways, BD145 being banned is quite meh...
I've seen Kei's post in Ban Basalt, saying that if Phantom surpasses Basalt's strength, then he'll ban Basalt.
Then he said that he now thinks otherwise. In the same way, if TH170 and BD145 should be great tracks, I think we can avoid the ban. Smile
Except for the Basalt BD145MB/CS combo, I haven't seen a BD145 combo 'dominate' recently. Correct me if I am wrong. Smile
Also, I've always wondered how did R145 even enter the Defense tier. Even if it had a cameo appearance, it seemed pretty much undefined. The recoil was huge, and anything that has too much of recoil sucks for Defense. I think people considered it for the weight, but it was quite a major trade off to gain a couple of grams. Smile
BD145 has basically no chance of being banned any time soon.

As for r145, I think there were a lot of factors that gave it seemingly good results, keep in mind that was before we made 20 the minimum number of rounds :p
R145 was the heaviest track before BD145, if I recall correctly, which is part of why it was used for some Defense combos - and when paired with Earth/Libra(two very low recoil MWs), and stuck on RS(EXTREME recoil reduction), it played out pretty nicely.
Yes, it was/is the heaviest after BD145. Smile
I completely forgot Earth/Libra! XD
Such is the domination of the current wheels, that those two slipped out of my mind. Tongue_out
No wonder it made a cameo appearance, as BD145 was released soon after, and so was Basalt.
Even its Attack use was quite limited, thanks to BD145(again) and the evergreen CH120; which soon formed two of the most famous attack combos of that time.
But hey, would it work well on Death/Duo(Low Recoil wheels)?
It would have been advantageous for R145 if Basalt was not THAT recoily...
It overhangs the track, which would 'hide' R145 for the most, avoiding every possibility of a recoil based self-KO/spin loss.
It was still somewhat questionable even when it was heaviest, considering how low most attackers hit. It was great if you were against a 145-height attacker, but against the 85's, eeehh
Was 85 around pre-BD145? I cannot remember... I know 90 was.
I believe so, it first came on Mercury Anubis 85XF, which I believe the campaign started at the beginning of Season 2.
Don't forget the Meteo Reshuffle set.You make me nuts, Octopi.
My face when Galaxy Pegasus reveals it's epically short spin time = >8(

My face when I gave it Flame Byxis' Fusion Wheel = 8\

My face when it increased spin time for a few seconds longer = 8D
(Jan. 02, 2012  10:31 AM)Hazel Wrote: Was 85 around pre-BD145? I cannot remember... I know 90 was.

Probably yes, but it was quite rare.
As Raigeko already told you, it was released with Mercury Anubis which was quite rare...
@th!nk- I knew so, and it was hence important to get R145 covered. I haven't seen one in person out of a box, but even when inside a box, I could see why people call it recoily.
If you manage to cover the upper part where those three 'wings' come out, R145 might have been great. As Hazel said, it was good only with low recoil wheels, and RS. Now, the two low recoil wheels he listed, are no longer as great. At the same time, RS is too tall to make R145 fall prey to LTACs.
I always considered a GB145 the best track for Defense, as R145 didn't satisfy me. Smile

@BlackWingAngel- Galaxy Pegy is an Attack type. You can't expect it to spin for longer. Smile
If you do want it to spin longer, put in Flame Byxis' tip. You'll be shocked to see the change.
Note- This applies only for Solo Spin Time. Otherwise, the combo will be meh..
(Jan. 02, 2012  2:25 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: @BlackWingAngel- Galaxy Pegy is an Attack type. You can't expect it to spin for longer. Smile
If you do want it to spin longer, put in Flame Byxis' tip. You'll be shocked to see the change.
Note- This applies only for Solo Spin Time. Otherwise, the combo will be meh..

I forgot to mention I don't actually have a Beystadium yet, but I intend to acquire a BB-10 Attack when I get the chance. I've actually seen Galaxy Pegasus kick some carp, which is kinda putting hope back into it's Wheel for me.
Well, you certainly won't be impressed with the MW. It sucks.
You may get some lucky KOs though, and it seemed to do well against Basalt for a while. But it was not at all consistent. So, do not expect much out of the MW. Smile
The only good parts it offers are the R²F, and Pegasus II CW; which seems to be a good substitute for Bull/Aquario/Kerbecs/Cancer, should they be unavailable. Smile
Galaxy might've been a tad ok if they didn't hollow it out on the bottom.Tired
Am i the only guy here who likes recolors i read a couple pages ago someone didn't like recolors of beys....and no i don't mean recolored characters in paint but like say dark wolf in midnight blue and silver ya know?
Last summer I picked up 4 bootlegs thinking they were beyblade imports. And yet somehow, $20 less, I am still optimistic. (the 4th is something very special)

The 1st ended up being a Counter Scorpio, but the spin track refuses to fit into the MW, making it crooked. Launching it results in almost instantaneous breakage. Comes with a Leone FB sticker that looks like Leone haa a drug problem.

The 2nd is a Cyber Aquario. Same story as Counter Ecirpio, except this one gets stuck on the launcher and it is difficult and very annoying to remove. Considering these were fakes, I launched this one off my porch onto concrete a few times. Part of the spin track broke, and the crappy Aquario wheel (unlike the other bootleg CWs this one was hollowed out) sbaped in half. I decided to burn its messed up Leone sticker with a match while on the FB. FB is burbed but not damaged

The 3rd appears to be a Thermal Wolf DF145___ with a Libra sticker. Despite some ratteling, and the MW being hollowed out like the Aquario CW, the bey holds together nicely, and actualy functions. It's weaker than a Inferno Sagitario, but I will keep it Smile

Now this is an interesting one. A Poison Zurafa with a SGTO sticker and with a spin track I have never seen before. It is a big thin disk on a height lower than 100, possibly an 85. Now this is really interesting; The bey fits really well and holds together like a real bey would. All of the parta seem to be of higher quality as well. For a while however, I assumed that you couldnt launch it. It just wouldnt stay on the launchers. Today however, I put it on a left launcher and it spun perfectly! Posion Zurafa in left spin!!!
UGH... My mum won't let me spend 75$ on a NIB Takara Death Gargoyle MS. Probably going to have to convince her that most other HMS are WAY more expensive.
i need this to start a hms collection, as well as making smash attackers Speechless
(Jan. 02, 2012  5:15 PM)Clonetos Wrote: Am i the only guy here who likes recolors i read a couple pages ago someone didn't like recolors of beys....and no i don't mean recolored characters in paint but like say dark wolf in midnight blue and silver ya know?

God, YES. They are amazing. Recolors are the reason why very serious collectors will lose all their Birthday money in ONE DAY. Three words: Ice. Burn. Phoenix.