Beyblade Random Thoughts

I'm going to be lambasted for this, but only to a literal degree-

I think Big Bang Pegasis D:D lives up to the "deep customization" subtitle more than any other 4D Beyblade, judging from the absolute amount of modes legally available. If you can even count modes as an exact form of customization.

I speak on a philosophical basis, not a competitive one.
What are the possibilities of hasbro realeasing vulcan in a wave? Sorta like what they did with cyber pegasis an counter leone
Which place is flame libra at stamina 1 2 3 4 5 6 or beyond?
(Dec. 30, 2011  6:43 AM)Yured Wrote: Which place is flame libra at stamina 1 2 3 4 5 6 or beyond?

ask this in ask a question get an anwser but your question does not make any sense
(Dec. 30, 2011  6:35 AM)smoked17 Wrote: What are the possibilities of hasbro realeasing vulcan in a wave? Sorta like what they did with cyber pegasis an counter leone

Belongs in AAQGAA

(Dec. 30, 2011  6:43 AM)Yured Wrote: Which place is flame libra at stamina 1 2 3 4 5 6 or beyond?

Doesn't belong here, but there are so many things wrong with this question it doesn't belong anywhere.

Kai-V: That is true, though I imagine there would be less objections to including it in the standard beypoint system than for entirely different series. There is still much discussion to be had about the whole idea, to be honest.

* was reading the whole back conversation*
Hope no one minds me dropping my 2 cents in on the conversation.

I have to agree with synesthesia on Attack types being viable in the hands of skilled players. Though I still need practice( and to test on a better arena then the Hasbro Bolt Blast Stadium, my BB-46 should be in soon to do a bit better testing.) even with the limited parts me and my friends have I have noticed that if I can shoot just right with a bey built for attack with some defense I can usually Take down a stamina type, however if I fire wrong it takes to long to get a hit and I end up losing in the long run.

As for Kai-V's comment I can agree simply for the fact that I have seen it in other games. things begin to get to unbalanced or only 2-3 ideas are viable and people begin to lose interest because the parts they like wont work against the people who only use whats strongest. their by leading to a mass deflate of players in the game( for example to .hack card game released a few unbalances, so did duel masters and I'm seeing it right now with the WoWTCG) so releasing overly strong pieces do tend to cause people to lose interest their by dropping the amount of people who play and causing a game to go under.

As far as banning or making different formats go, I can see and agree with how it alters the bey point system cause if that where to happen you would need separate bey scores for each format and again in one it would be a race of top tier only vs small, the other would be more skill and thought out processes. but the loss of interest can happen if specific parts are banned. and though its not much better, instead of banning specific parts you could always ban specific part combos. such as( get ready for a bit of a newbie example) This performance tip can't be on the same by as this fusion wheel or this energy ring can't be on a bey using a metal face bolt or so on and so forth. again I'm not fond of the idea of banning cause it does cause some to turn away but if done right sometimes its not to much of a bad thing. finding the right way to do it is whats hard.

(example of a way I think is good. Magic the Gathering for T1 knocks off a set every 4 or 5 blocks and only bans cards hat prove to be a problem, never full decks just certain cards are not allowed. its never an overwhelming number and they do their research so a good balance can be made and to this day their is still a strong gathering of players for those games.

This is mostly just my thoughts ad personal opinion on the subject but this is the point I found in my head for the topic. I would enjoy hearing others thoughts as well. and I do check frequently for updates on info I do not have yet so I do watch and learn.

As stated above, if this is out of line for me I apologize for over stepping the line of things* nods* =)
Sorry to interupt the discussion fellas, but my Diablos are comming today... so what do I test for DEFENSE.

No thread making for me this time, BTW, I'll just post it on the Random Thoughts. Last time, people doubted my launching technique, which is understandable, but I would much rather try out some two combos that can be straight shot.
Why defense? Why defense? It's not going to be that good, I need to know attack.

MF-H Diablo Kerbecs BD145CS vs MF-H Blitz Unicorno CH120RF/R2F, MF-H Variares CH120 RF

There are no attack combo's that can be straight shot.
(Dec. 30, 2011  2:21 PM)th!nk Wrote: Why defense? Why defense? It's not going to be that good, I need to know attack.

MF-H Diablo Kerbecs BD145CS vs MF-H Blitz Unicorno CH120RF/R2F, MF-H Variares CH120 RF

There are no attack combo's that can be straight shot.

Hmm, fine.
If you do feel like testing for attack, MF-H Diablo Kerbecs R145R2F should be boss. Wink
I had a thought last night before bed I was thinking about doing videos talking about beys and what they are based on (Not like the bey wiki i mean going More indepth) it would be talking about the species like say i talk about pegasus Id talk about the mythology surrounding pegasus ya know what i mean?
(Dec. 30, 2011  4:15 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Making a separate format is just trouble for the Beypoint System, remember that.

If I may ask, how would it be trouble for the Beypoint System?
If its because it will be unfair for people participating in tournaments having the 'super-powerful' parts, I don't think so... Smile
I mean, the super powerful parts will battle with parts of equal caliber, while the 'weak' parts will also battle with beys having equal potential. Smile
If there is some other reason, I am sorry. Smile

Synesthesia- Well, Defense/Stamina has been dominant throughout, because TT has been too lazy to design something innovative. In the past few months, we have seen just circular wheels being released. Diablo was the first non-circular wheel after a long gap, but this thing is TOO heavy. The meta-game is out of control, atm. But, when there were threats like Basalt/Scythe/Phantom, VariAres and Blitz chipped in and became the best of attack wheels(remember, both weigh 40+ too).
Now, we are facing a much major threat in the form of Duo, which handles VariAres and Blitz with relative ease. But, we get Diablo now, which with its enormous weight, looks quite potent with attack. If it does turn out to be good, it is certainly a force to be reckoned with.
We have got new wheels, which have been too dangerous. But the very next day, we hear of an announcement of a new release, which is more than just capable of taking down the aforementioned 'new' wheel.
Also, being a Defense/Stamina part, is the most advantageous thing ever. Being Stamina, you automatically outrank Defense wheels. Being Defense, you automatically devastate attackers. Being an 'upgraded' version of existing Stamina wheels, you have already outranked those...
Duo is the latest release as of now... Not many people have it, but whoever does, claims to have seen the most powerful Stamina/Defense MW to date. Hence, it is dominating... Luckily, not many have it, as I said earlier. Smile
Now, its Diablo. I expect it to take down Duo. If you can take down the 'best' part of the meta, you automatically become the best. Then again, this is not true in every situation...
(Dec. 30, 2011  3:10 PM)Clonetos Wrote: I had a thought last night before bed I was thinking about doing videos talking about beys and what they are based on (Not like the bey wiki i mean going More indepth) it would be talking about the species like say i talk about pegasus Id talk about the mythology surrounding pegasus ya know what i mean?

How would learning about mythology help you play BeyBlade?
(Dec. 30, 2011  3:37 PM)â–‘Mercuryâ–‘ Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2011  3:10 PM)Clonetos Wrote: I had a thought last night before bed I was thinking about doing videos talking about beys and what they are based on (Not like the bey wiki i mean going More indepth) it would be talking about the species like say i talk about pegasus Id talk about the mythology surrounding pegasus ya know what i mean?

How would learning about mythology help you play BeyBlade?
the purpose has nothing to do with playing it, but more of learning its origins For example Bulbapedia a pokemon wiki done things called "the origins of species" a twist on the book of the same name so I thought it be informative to those who wish to know more about the mythology and creation of some of our favorite beys

Well, it might just be a bit more fun for him...
Clonetos- I think your idea won't work out...
We already know quite a lot about the mythology surrounding the creatures used as Motifs in Beyblade. Smile
There is Wikipedia and Google, you know. Smile
@th!nk- Hm...
Well, it would be nice to try, but IMO all his hard work would go waste, considering Wikipedia and Google would still offer precise information. Smile
But yes, if he is to state something different, it will be interesting. Smile
Random thought that popped into my head, which of course relates to Beyblade: when Phantom Orion is released...at least by Hasbro, it occurs to me that it might destroy the Hasbro metagame, simply because of the stadium designs. Hasbro has the walls, while the traditional BB-10 have spaces for more epic battles and stadium outs. B: D might be knocked around in the Hasbro Stadium, but it's not often that it will end up in the penalty pocket, at least the way I see it, and in the Super Vortex Stadium, there aren't even penalty pockets.

EDIT: What I mean to say simply, is that...even though B: D is knocked around easily in Takaratomy stadiums, traditionally BB-10, the Hasbro stadiums differ largely in design, and it definitely decreases the amount of stadium outs, with the exception of when I upper attacked my friends Meteo L'Drago out of the Super Vortex Stadium. So B: D might actually be better in Hasbro Stadiums due to that it cannot be knocked out easily, simply because of the Hasbro stadium walls. Besides, attack types are not the best to use even in Hasbro Stadiums.
Ha ha, I actually used an uncustomized Phantom Orion BGrin at the last TRS tournament. They used the Burning Firestrike stadium, so while everyone else' beys were being drained of spin from the ridges at the center, Phantom remained totally unphased. BGrin just murders in Hasbro stadiums.

Hasbro's gonna have to do something about this xD.
At least the MFB version of the Bearing Core will be useful somewhere....
Seriously, it was a disappointment when it was released. If it does find such use in a Hasbro stadium, it'll at least not be a complete let-down of a part...
Yes, that is what I'm excited about. It would be extremely useful at Hasbro tournaments, which makes me worry quite a bit about the Hasbro metagame...and how to even defeat it...besides with another B: D. I have a feeling when Beyblade Metal Fury is out in America, B: D will dominate.

EDIT: I would probably just mainly use B: D all the time in Hasbro stadiums. I hate the Burning Firestrike Stadium..stole me my win...
(Dec. 30, 2011  3:50 PM)th!nk Wrote: Wouldn't hurt to try.

Eh... I dunno. Honestly, like Janstar said, there are already much more complete sources of information than we could probably easily compile - giving people the root names of the constellations in beywiki articles seems like enough to probe most inquiring minds further, if they want to investigate, and we already do that.

(Dec. 30, 2011  4:56 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: At least the MFB version of the Bearing Core will be useful somewhere....
Seriously, it was a disappointment when it was released. If it does find such use in a Hasbro stadium, it'll at least not be a complete let-down of a part...

Honestly, one kind of had to expect such a disappointment, after looking at the other failed plastics bottom rehashes that came out of 4D. I suspect they didn't want to go quite as far over the line as they did with Bearing Core, which is respectable. I just wish they hadn't took such a nosedive under the line to such a great degree.
(Dec. 30, 2011  6:48 PM)Hazel Wrote: /wow

Honestly, one kind of had to expect such a disappointment, after looking at the other failed plastics bottom rehashes that came out of 4D. I suspect they didn't want to go quite as far over the line as they did with Bearing Core, which is respectable. I just wish they hadn't took such a nosedive under the line to such a great degree.

English? (SOOOO much imagery)
Dranzer MS is hella sexy. <3 when I unboxed it and put the stickers on it, it bought back good memories of the plastic and HMS Gen. Oh and Dranzer's RC in HF mode acts like WF/XF I was like woah, better save that for the HMS tourney in Jan.
If anyone here lives in the Philippines do you think that a bey ta machine should be put on timezone arcade?