Beyblade Random Thoughts

Duo isn't overpowered. Every combo is easily taken down by another relatively common combination with another wheel.

kbuno50, do you actually have a Duo?

Furthermore, I am tired of everyone thinking of things on a part-by-part basis. No matter how strong a wheel is defensively, if it's on MS it's easy to KO. If it's on RF, it has poor stamina. Maybe it is Harder to KO or has better stamina relative to other wheels in the same combination, but that doesn't change the fact that the resulting combo is easy to KO/OS. We don't play with parts, we play with combos. Stop thinking in parts, start thinking in combos.
(Dec. 22, 2011  6:27 PM)kbuno50 Wrote: I think we can all agree duo is overpowered.
C'mon, a slightly heavy one and it can outspin phantom and defend better than basalt.

I think we can all agree that you need to actually take the time to thoroughly read things before making such wildly incorrect statements, actually.
(Dec. 22, 2011  6:27 PM)kbuno50 Wrote: I think we can all agree duo is overpowered.
C'mon, a slightly heavy one and it can outspin phantom and defend better than basalt.

The thing has weaknesses, It falls to higher defense combos using BD145, Basalt beats it on TH170(220 Mode btw).
th!nk's post from it's thread:
Unlike Basalt, Duo doesn't have any offensive ability, so it won't be the new Basalt BD145CS, it doesn't have a decent chance against everything, especially with stronger attack wheels around if it isn't using BD145. If it is using BD145, it loses to taller combo's, which are also very common.

Yes, it comes down to working out what combo your opponent is using, but at tournaments, it's not as hard as you might think unless you're facing one of the more elite players.

Personally, I don't think a metagame where Variares and Blitz can beat almost anything is too healthy, though Duo is a bit overpowered, I don't think it's serious enough to be a cause for concern at the moment, especially given it's total lack of offensive ability.

That's kinda a general essay on "it's not the new basalt relax don't ban it". It's a very, very good wheel, but it's not the same as basalt was.
(Dec. 22, 2011  6:40 PM)th!nk Wrote: Duo isn't overpowered. Every combo is easily taken down by another relatively common combination with another wheel.

kbuno50, do you actually have a Duo?

Furthermore, I am tired of everyone thinking of things on a part-by-part basis. No matter how strong a wheel is defensively, if it's on MS it's easy to KO. If it's on RF, it has poor stamina. Maybe it is Harder to KO or has better stamina relative to other wheels in the same combination, but that doesn't change the fact that the resulting combo is easy to KO/OS. We don't play with parts, we play with combos. Stop thinking in parts, start thinking in combos.

Here here th!nk! This is exactly in line with what I've been saying over on the other thread.
most, if not ALL of Metal Masters is released already, only seems that that susanow is the only new thing, does anyone think Metal Fury could be out sooner than we think, february/March maybe???
(Dec. 23, 2011  2:25 AM)JDBriggsBlader Wrote: most, if not ALL of Metal Masters is released already, only seems that that susanow is the only new thing, does anyone think Metal Fury could be out sooner than we think, february/March maybe???

No, because Metal Masters will not air again until February, for a reason I cannot recall...

But if you're talking about just the toyline, then I dunno.
(Dec. 23, 2011  2:29 AM)iBeyblader Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2011  2:25 AM)JDBriggsBlader Wrote: most, if not ALL of Metal Masters is released already, only seems that that susanow is the only new thing, does anyone think Metal Fury could be out sooner than we think, february/March maybe???

No, because Metal Masters will not air again until February, for a reason I cannot recall...

But if you're talking about just the toyline, then I dunno.

i doubt metal fury will come out they will let it stagnate for a year once they realeased all the metal master beys
Indeed, they must make the metal fury episodes before they release the beys so it will not be released for a while to come, Habro tends to come up with as many ways to make money out of a toyline before moving it on to a new series.
Hasbro released Metal Masters way too early and way too condensed in the beginning. The decision by TAKARA-TOMY to cut 4D episodes in half was probably not spontaneous, so Hasbro should have really planned this better ...
Hasbro: LET'S RELEASE BEYS FASTER THAN THE ANIME GUISE
PERFECT FOR US TO REVEAL... THE STEAL BATTLERS!
OH RELEASE DATES? KEEPING KIDS EXCITED? NAH LET'S JUST RELEASE EM IN NO ORDER WHATSOEVER! C:
I have the sudden urge to being ranting again but I'm not even sure where to start...
Also I'm performing surgery on 2 different Beylauncher L/R's... String on one got messed up (this is one of the WORST things to happen to me...) and it's damn hard replacing the string and making that knot... If only I have a pin, so I could get that plug out, and I would've been done an hour ago... I'm trying to combine a good string with a good handle but this is pretty difficult without the pin.
string
Y U SO FRAGILE
But yeah Grey L/R + Red L/R = frankenstein L/R
It's ironic that I have a thread to fix all this.
Hah, guess it's time to add another guide...
I too had to surgery my L/R. was able to transplant the String of my beylauncher and replaced the broken handle of my L/R. Its 100% effective until now...
Me just got hit in me no-no place(blame Nano for this quote) by me Christmas present. They should call it Vari Painful X;D
Hasbro people are really funny...
First the Vice President of the Marketing Section jumbles up the basics of Physics of a Stamina tip and an Attack tip...
And now, they aren't releasing things quick enough... I still can't find a Twisted or Hades in my stores, those things are STILL rare... Unhappy
About the anime, I don't know what made them do that. I was elated to see Ryuga in the last episode which aired, and then Poof! I see those guys telecasting repeat episodes... Tired
Zero- Hm, you should be careful...
@Raigeko- I hope you succeed in your Beylauncher L/R's surgery... Get Well Soon, BeyLauncher L/R...
Rai's BeyLauncher L/R- *whisper* Hey launcher, be careful. All the best for your surgery. You might not return, btw. Raigeko isn't a certified doctor. R.I.P. my friend.. Or, to keep you more cheerful as you breath, uh I mean, swish your last; Let it R.I.P. ;'( *sob*

jk. XD
Doesn't L3R stand for Light Launcher Left/Right?
(Dec. 23, 2011  2:32 PM)Z.E.R.O Wrote: Doesn't L3R stand for Light Launcher Left/Right?

Come on ZERO, you can do that search yourself...
I know. I just found that it sounded wierd and...Nevermind... .... Zzzzz Wha? Oh yeah , never let it rip with your underwear. There might be bad results. Anyway,I recently bought this waistpouch attachment which was awesome and had many ,many compartments. It even had a little 'holster' for my launcher. Awesommeee,but I don't think it fits.
(Dec. 23, 2011  2:30 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Hasbro people are really funny...
First the Vice President of the Marketing Section jumbles up the basics of Physics of a Stamina tip and an Attack tip...
And now, they aren't releasing things quick enough... I still can't find a Twisted or Hades in my stores, those things are STILL rare... Unhappy
Really, that's weird. Darwin, the last place to ever get anything in all of Australia have Destroyers, Byxis, Hades, Gills, Poison Virgos and Flame Serpents (Like who would care about the last two). I was surprised that they even had them of all cities in Australia Gasp
There are a few them but mostly the section has Galaxies (some have the bars in them), Strikers etc.

@Z.E.R.O - You just made me remember that a Blitz ____ hit me in the place when it went out of the Beystadium during the Perth Tournament a few months ago...luckily I'm female and I was kneeling so it didn't hurt XD
You should be careful though... XD
Actually, India's one place where things come in last...
Still, we had Destroyers, Galaxies, Strikers, etc.
People have reported spotting Twisted and Hades, but those things are too rare...
I mean, if we have almost every MM release, why should these be SO hard to find?!
(Dec. 23, 2011  3:39 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Actually, India's one place where things come in last...
People have reported spotting Twisted and Hades, but those things are too rare...
I mean, if we have almost every MM release, why should these be SO hard to find?!
Either slow, very slow releases because they prefer selling Transformers and other products over Beyblades or they sell out quickly, India is a country with a lot of people. But seeing as this is Hasbro we're talking about, the first one is highly possible (which is pretty much what you said earlier) Gasp
I wish I hadn't known that. It's just uncivilized when you think about it. Then again,it was wrong for me to wear just my underwear and sit 5 cm away from the nearest opening,and Libra was infamous....vari ares is going to be infamous too,and so will I!......*faints*
(Dec. 23, 2011  3:39 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Actually, India's one place where things come in last...

LOL its like trying to find bigfoot in the wilderness or something. THE BEYS ARE INERT!
Wait, what were you doing with only your undies on? What in the world are you thinking?!

Anyways, seems my 'surgery' went a bit overload and now i seem to replaced ever beylauncher of mine with bright, wierd colors XD

I should make vids about how to do it once...
I'm only in my undies right now
(Dec. 23, 2011  4:07 PM)Z.E.R.O Wrote: I'm only in my undies right now

DJ 2002 - Shock! Put some pants on! LOL
Nahh, I'll wear some uhh...(I'll just call them homepants) homepants before I sleep. My house runs on fans,no AC. My parents don't mind,even my Sis is like that,and it's a worse case for her.leeetsss get back on topic,shall we. I can make a thread for this. Drop by the right forum in five minutes

EDIT: Hold that ridiculous underwear pun,I'm having trouble with creating the thread