Beyblade Random Thoughts

It just occured to me (slow learner) that the Beylauncher effectively ruined the motto ''Let it Rip!''
(Dec. 12, 2011  7:41 AM)KaizerMFB Wrote: It just occured to me (slow learner) that the Beylauncher effectively ruined the motto ''Let it Rip!''

Not if you use the LL2 :p.
(Dec. 12, 2011  1:29 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Dec. 12, 2011  7:41 AM)KaizerMFB Wrote: It just occured to me (slow learner) that the Beylauncher effectively ruined the motto ''Let it Rip!''

Not if you use the LL2 :p.

Hence why he clearly wrote "the Beylauncher", which is not what the Light Launcher 2 is ... You may have your own expressions, but if you cannot even understand ours, which are the official terms, then your lexicon is completely useless and just fancy.

Hah! No wonder the Japanese were sensible enough to use the expression- "Go Shoot!"
At least that is still sensible enough...
But seriously, MFB brought with it a whole new series of beys; new characters; new launchers; etc.
They should have changed the Battle Calls too...

Also, there were string shooters in HMS (wonder if they were legal or not). So even during that time, "Let It Rip!" held no meaning, provided many people used it...
AFAIK, those shooters weren't that popular...
The HMS series itself wasn't that popular. Tongue_out

I would love to hear- "3...2...1... LET IT SWISH!" Tongue_out
The string probably makes a 'swish' sound while retracting.
(Dec. 12, 2011  1:46 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Hence why he clearly wrote "the Beylauncher", which is not what the Light Launcher 2 is ... You may have your own expressions, but if you cannot even understand ours, which are the official terms, then your lexicon is completely useless and just fancy.

I know what he wrote and I know full well that your "beylauncher" is my "SS". I was under the impression that he meant that the "beylauncher" removed the use of all launchers where that phrase makes sense, which is simply not true.

The SS and rev-up launcher are the only two modern contexts where the phrase doesn't work. In all other contexts, including that mentioned above, the phrase is still sound.
That is not what his post meant at all ...
If you would read the drafts in the 'Launchers and Grips' drafts topic, you'll realize that the BeyLauncher variety is used more often than the Light Launcher Series.
The standard Light Launcher hardly offers any power, while LL2 and L3R are too rough. When using LL2/L3R, you will frequently get unwanted weak launches; thanks to the roughness of the launchers.
As opposed to the "beylauncher" with which I will always get unwanted weak launches due to my inability to use it properly...

Yes, I know the "beylauncher" is far more mainstream but that doesn't make it the only viable option.

EDIT: also, I would like to point out that the reason for me having my own terms is that yours, while more official, are needlessly confusing.
Certainly, yes.
But as Kai-V said, that was not the point of Kaizer's post.
He just singled out the BeyLauncher, and stated that it 'effectively ruined' the motto "Let It Rip!"

Why did it effectively ruin it?
Because it has a string and not a 'rip' cord.

Why do we consider it?
Because majority of people use it.

How does it matter?
This is Random Thoughts...
I dont have my Ult. DX set yet but its seems too look quite similar to wing pegasus if you flip BBP's MW upside down on to its core.
(Dec. 12, 2011  3:27 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: As opposed to the "beylauncher" with which I will always get unwanted weak launches due to my inability to use it properly...

Yes, I know the "beylauncher" is far more mainstream but that doesn't make it the only viable option.

EDIT: also, I would like to point out that the reason for me having my own terms is that yours, while more official, are needlessly confusing.

You know why it's "mainstream"? Because it's several multiplicative factors more powerful than ripcord launchers available in MFB. Spend the day(at most) it takes to learn how to use it right, and you will never look back.

Our terms are all very much straight forward - and in most cases, refer to the actual names of the parts. I am not sure how knowing what parts are called is needlessly confusing, although I suppose it does bother you with the task of reading for a brief period of time.
I might point out that "Let it rip" generally means "get going with vigor", and is also used as a euphemism for a variety of non-beyblade situations - some of which are probably quite funny to the majority of WBO members... Wink
New Beyblade slogan modified for Beylauncher prominence: "Pull it out!"

Nope.
(Dec. 12, 2011  3:27 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: As opposed to the "beylauncher" with which I will always get unwanted weak launches due to my inability to use it properly...

Yes, we have a standardised naming system based on the actual names of things.

SO CONFUSING _/(0_o)\_

Random Thought: Man, 4D bottoms have been so incredibly worthless... You'd think with all that room to do stuff they'd have done something decent. I mean, B: D is niche and it's still the only remotely useful one.
(Dec. 12, 2011  5:19 PM)Hazel Wrote: You know why it's "mainstream"? Because it's several multiplicative factors more powerful than ripcord launchers available in MFB. Spend the day(at most) it takes to learn how to use it right, and you will never look back.

Believe me, I have tried. Having spent half my life with the classic dragon winder, I just can't adjust to a non-ripcord launcher.

(Dec. 12, 2011  5:19 PM)Hazel Wrote: Our terms are all very much straight forward - and in most cases, refer to the actual names of the parts. I am not sure how knowing what parts are called is needlessly confusing, although I suppose it does bother you with the task of reading for a brief period of time.

"Beylauncher" isn't an ambiguous term that, if one didn't know better, could be assumed to refer to any beyblade launcher?
The middle two types of MF custom are memorable enough that they can be told apart by abbreviation alone?
Yes, and a single person's terms for things are going to be so much easier to remember.

If you want to push stuff like that, go to beyblade wikia or some other place where they don't actually care about facts.
All in all, you just seem very unwilling to accomodate change in hardware...

You do know better, and anyone who would take more than a second to look it up(which is overestimating the time requiremtn), let alone anyone who frequents this board, will easily recognize the term Beylauncher as well.

Yes, all types of MF are quite easily memorized. One could figure it out simply by looking at the parts...
I honestly have no idea whether "MF-L" is metal hexplate and plastic core or plastic hexplate and metal core. Also, I have no idea what the other one even is. I see no need to force everyone to look up such terms repeatedly when simple and obvious terms could be used instead.

Also, I now have a video showing just how much I suck with the Meteo string launcher, I'll upload it shortly. It's not unwillingness though, it's simple inability to use it and the fact that my other launchers seem more than adequate.
There is also no such thing as "hexplate" : it is called a frame, and it totally makes sense, because you frame a photograph, for instance.
I was lead to believe "hexplate" was the official term. Still, if it's not then I'll ave to think of something else to call it ("frame" is also ambiguous since it could refer to that, a 4D wheel frame or even the "Frame" metal wheel).
(Dec. 12, 2011  5:49 PM)th!nk Wrote: If you want to push stuff like that, go to beyblade wikia or some other place where they don't actually care about facts.

We're doing our best to revamp it. If you're not happy with it, why don't you contribute and sort out our stuff.

Besides, we're already on agreement terms with the WBO, and part of the agreement was to stop hate for us...
I've seen your responses to standard criticism, Th!nk isn't really off about what he is saying to you.

(Dec. 12, 2011  6:39 PM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: I've seen your responses to standard criticism, Th!nk isn't really off about what he is saying to you.

It doesn't really help the problem just complaing and hating though Uncertain

We try to write everything up ourselves, but then we get anonymous users who then decide "i sall nw type tis" and can't even spell. I didn't perform 7,000+ edits and become a Bureaucrat there just for everything to get messed up again Uncertain
Plus, Wikia Staff won't let us block Anonymous editing without a very good reason, since they don't approve of it.
All I'm asking is that people just stop critising us and maybe just give us suggestions on how to improve. We had an agreement with Kai-V anyway, and that involved us removing the Anon's plagerised information and even changing the name of our wiki. We didn't really ask for much in return Uncertain

I'm sorry if I sounded aggressive, but it does annoy me Uncertain
I don't recall this thread being called "fuss about wikia".

Manaphy, if you take issue with someone pointing out flaws in the wikia, PM them about it. th!nk, don't do that. Codeine, do not instigate.

We all clear? Good, back on topic.

(Dec. 12, 2011  6:31 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: I was lead to believe "hexplate" was the official term. Still, if it's not then I'll ave to think of something else to call it ("frame" is also ambiguous since it could refer to that, a 4D wheel frame or even the "Frame" metal wheel).

4D frames are called "Metal Frames" or "Polycarbonate Frames". I am not aware of a MW named "Frame"... you're scapegoating nonexistant things.

The beywiki very clearly explains things, and - yes, actually, we would rather have people be educated on proper terminology, even if it means they have to spend ten seconds looking something up, than have people coming up with new terms for things. Combo nicknames were banned for a very similar reason.
Nicknames should be used to quickly identify something. I personally believe that if nicknames were to be used that they would be formatted in an alphabetical manner. A1 = attack combo, A2 = another attack combo, B1 = defense combo, C1 = stamina combo, ect. I would apply these characters to the top combos until the committee discovered better ones.

It would primarily be used by advanced members, or even just people who take the time to look it up.

The probability of this actually being worth something, or even being used (correctly or not) is minuscule.