Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Nov. 27, 2011  8:40 PM)Hazel Wrote: I don't really place any faith in anyone on Youtube that isn't a respected member here.

Nothing more true can be said on that subject. There are so many terrible beyblade reviews on youtube done by irritating children...I have never seen a beyblade video on youtube done by someone who was younger than 13 that was even remotly good or informative...if kids really want to contribute to the community and do reviews they should do SILENT unboxings, not useless commentary filled with pointless gibberish and narration...
R2F may well OS RF but D tips shouldn't be beaten by it like that. Are you sure you aren't tornado stalling?
(Nov. 27, 2011  8:59 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2011  8:55 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Also, RS has terrible stamina. There are attack types that easily outspin it without stalling.

Ikr?
It's funny though, my R²F OS's things like RF and sometimes even things like D/WD.
WTF LOL

I thought R²F has less stamina than RF? just how worn is your RF??? Your R²F must be magic! 0_0 WITCH! WITCH!
A brand new R2F has less contact area since the outer edge is raised/lowered from the rest of the star. It may act like a large rubber HF to some extent so greater than normal stamina is to be expected at the start of its life but it should not outspin non-rubber tips.
Or the R2F bey could just get a bunch of strong hits and dwindle its opponents spin rate until the R2F bey outspins it...
he did say D and WD, perhaps they are weared down or deformed? the D style tips are more prone to wearing than most others types of tips made of plastic.
(Nov. 27, 2011  9:38 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: he did say D and WD, perhaps they are weared down or deformed? the D style tips are more prone to wearing than most others types of tips made of plastic.
From my experience, it isn't that hard to OS the D series with RF/R2F. Like I said, if you can get enough large hits, the bey with D/WD will get a wall save, depleting its spin even further, or just be simply KO'd.
If you're using RF/R2F and aiming to OS rather than KO, you're wrong.

In fact, if you're using RF/R2F and doing anything BUT KOing, you're wrong.
If you have an attack tip made of rubber, OS-ing anything with that bey shouldnt be likely at all. It's either the KO way or the highway.
(Nov. 27, 2011  9:40 PM)Hazel Wrote: If you're using RF/R2F and aiming to OS rather than KO, you're wrong.

I know to aim for a KO, but I'm just saying when it doesn't KO, it can win by OS because the opposing bey is being hit into the wall, though it is more likely the bey will be KO'd. What I'm reading is that it's a rare happening that a bey with the D/WD bottom utilized can be out-spun by another bey using RF or R2F.
If any hits are made, a KO should be. If not, and the RF wins by OS, there is seriously something wrong with whomever launched the D/WD. ESPECIALLY with R2F in Right-Spin.
(Nov. 27, 2011  9:40 PM)CRUelty Wrote: From my experience, it isn't that hard to OS the D series with RF/R2F. Like I said, if you can get enough large hits, the bey with D/WD will get a wall save, depleting its spin even further, or just be simply KO'd.

The truth is, even that shouldn't allow R2F to outspin D/WD.
(Nov. 27, 2011  9:40 PM)Hazel Wrote: If you're using RF/R2F and aiming to OS rather than KO, you're wrong.

Defense...
(Nov. 27, 2011  11:50 PM)Nano Wrote:

Defense...

We're talking about D and WD.

Two tips that are nothing but ludicrously simple to KO.
In theory, defense types beat attack types most of the time because defense types weigh more, and just have more inertia than most attack types. As a result, attadcks types have a hard time getting KOs on defense types. If the attack type can even move it around enough to begin with, wall impacts with defense types wont be too signifigant for this reason(this does not apply to heavy attack types which utilize thier weight for attack) The defense type will either OS the attack type, or sometimes the attack type will be KO'd by the Defense type (if you have a really good combo involving tier one parts like basalt)

Under this same theory, Attack types beat stamina types for all the opposite reasons attack loses to defense. Stamina generaly weighs less and has less inertia, and the weight distribution is different. attack types easily knock stamina types around like playthings, either causing them to lose all balance or just get KO'd by attack types.

And obviously, Stamina will always beat Defense simply because they share the same movement pattern, there is little no no major agrresive movement, and stamina lasts longer. (all of this only applies to the pure versions of each respective type)

Applying this theory, and using such parts honest to thier intended nature like R2F for Attack, there is no way your attack combos should EVER OS defesne combos, especialy parts from the D series, under normal circumstances. Your Attack type either loses like the theory suggests, or you get lucky and with enough power and conditioons meeting up (contact time, velocity, etc) you KO your opponent. OS wins for attack types are very rare in this situation, and for one to have it happen consistantly, means something isnt right. hell, Attack types never really win by OS in any scenario, be it agiasnt a stamina, balance, or another attack type. When they do win, they win by KO 90% of the time, no matter what.
(Nov. 27, 2011  11:52 PM)Hazel Wrote: We're talking about D and WD.

Whoops, read it wrong...

Read it as "if you're using RF/R2F for anything but KOing, you're wrong"
Nano- That is correct, in a sense. Those tips are meant to be used KO other beys. Smile
You know, I'm starting to think I've just lost my ability to use attackers effectively. Having a very rough time with them today, in terms of plastics. Speechless
Hehe! Don't lose your confidence because of certain failures! We all know you used certain combos effectively for attack! But, I wonder why is it tough to get around with attackers... If you were trying to control Uriel 2's tip, then I understand that it is challenging, but if its something else, then yeah. Tongue_out
I think for plastic attack bladers, a catapult shooter is important. Smile
It doesn't matter how much you suck/excel at attack, it will always come in handy. Grin
Uriel 2's tip is surprising easy to control, especially in Tornado Attack. I'm just not getting the same performance out of it I used to, it seems to run out of energy very fast like my launch is far less powerful than it used to be, or something, no matter what I do. :\
Other attackers are doing similarly poorly for me, but that's the most noticeable.

As for MFB, my Variares issues come to mind.
Well, as for me, I never found Uriel 2 easy to control. And considering the fact that I HATED customizing plastics(and even your video wasn't out at that time), my Uriel 2 exploded soon enough. Tongue_out
Also, even I noticed that the spin times of certain beys have reduced... Unhappy I am not sure whether there is something wrong with my launch, or some technical problem. In your case, aybe the tips have worn down, reducing spin time/movement, the power of a beyblader's launch doesn't change overnight, provided you didn't injure your hand... Smile
I have kinda mastered the LF tip though.
Attack is most noticeable, because it requires high velocity to function perfectly. If you can get proper results for stamina/defense(New Condition, so as to ensure there has been no wear down of parts), then rest assured, your launch isn't bad! Tongue_out
Heheh, turns out I was using a right spin upper attacker against a left spin opponent, and, of course, opposite spin upper attack only really works in that one combo (Triangle Wing/Upper Dragoon+Wide Defense+Left SG (free shaft ver (full auto clutch shaft))+Defense Grip base 2). Though it seemed to work okay before, I also realised I was using a different, slightly lower SG setup (Neo Left SG (Double Bearing Ver.) (Wolborg 2 Shaft)), which probably made the rest of difference there.

That said, Upper attack is astoundingly powerful when it does work. So, I went for the one really solid Hybrid Smash/Upper AR, Triple Tiger, alongside Wide Defense, and bam, CONSISTENT KO's.

Of course, being 3 sided I will probably need to fiddle with SP, but for now I'm using (and you'll love this) Dragoon V2's, and they seem to be working nicely. May end up putting on Survivor Ring (the only real 3-sided SP), but yeah.
(Nov. 28, 2011  2:50 PM)th!nk Wrote: Heheh, turns out I was using a right spin upper attacker against a left spin opponent, and, of course, opposite spin upper attack only really works in that one combo (Triangle Wing/Upper Dragoon+Wide Defense+Left SG (free shaft ver (full auto clutch shaft))+Defense Grip base 2). Though it seemed to work okay before, I also realised I was using a different, slightly lower SG setup (Neo Left SG (Double Bearing Ver.) (Wolborg 2 Shaft)), which probably made the rest of difference there.

That said, Upper attack is astoundingly powerful when it does work. So, I went for the one really solid Hybrid Smash/Upper AR, Triple Tiger, alongside Wide Defense, and bam, CONSISTENT KO's.

Of course, being 3 sided I will probably need to fiddle with SP, but for now I'm using (and you'll love this) Dragoon V2's, and they seem to be working nicely. May end up putting on Survivor Ring (the only real 3-sided SP), but yeah.

Hehe! Mystery Solved
th!nk Wrote:Of course, being 3 sided I will probably need to fiddle with SP, but for now I'm using (and you'll love this) Dragoon V2's

And yes, I loved that. Tongue_out LOL!
I am really quite dense sometimes.

I was also having trouble against Weight Based Defense. Triple Tiger seems to have resolved that too, somehow, even though Upper Claw+Upper Attack SP should have done that.

Also Triple Tiger totally sounds like a cheesy kung-fu flick, which is awesome.
But, according to BeyWiki- The Upper Attack bey needs to be heavier than the other... Then how? How would you lift it?! Or, is it just a basic statement, and doesn't hold true for all combos?