Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Nov. 26, 2011  8:29 PM)Hazel Wrote: You do not even need a hard launch to KO Basalt with Blitz.

I've had many KO's were Blitz was wobbling around...
Yes. The Blitz Unicorno II 100RSF article even goes into detail explaining that the MW is capable of very low-velocity KOs.

It's kind of the wheel's gimmick. Perhaps if actual legal Stadia were being used...
Of course I'm not using your stadium! My stadium is how it should be. Screw your attack destroying ridges!
Blitz works in our Stadia. It doesn't work in yours.

Hmm...
Well it's not as if mine is unfair in any way. Clearly yours skews matchups.
Yes. It skews MFB into working the right way.
(Nov. 26, 2011  9:09 PM)Hazel Wrote: Yes. It skews MFB into working the right way.

THIS IS MADNESS
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
WE'RE GIVING ATTACK TYPES A FAIR BATTLE?
NO, WE SHOULDN'T
THIS IS MADNESS I SAY
MADNESS

Serious
I'll have you know that both Ray Unicorno (uncustomised balanced ver) and Lightning L-Drago CH120 RF do well in my magnestadium, though the MF doesn't really help at all. It's only Blitz that is particularly rubbish.

By the sounds of it, your stadium actually just skews the game even further towards "weight wins".
The Takara Tomy BB-10 Attack Stadium was made specifically for MFB. How can you seriously be arguing that a non-MFB Stadium is better, when all types work perfectly in the BB-10?

Your habit of trying to defend your relic of a fargone age because you're either too lazy or too stubborn to buy our legalized Stadium is adorable, but really, you have no case whatsoever.
Really? You honestly believe a stadium where 40+ gram attackers are the only ones that succeed is preferable to one where Lightning beats Basalt without BD145? Or even an MF?

So many more parts seem to be worthwhile in the magnestadium. For example, Fury is a viable stamina wheel and destabalisers actually work (primarily with SF). S tips may suck still but BS is ok and FS is a great option if you want a stamina tip that'll dodge repeat attacks.
Heavy attackers work better because they're against heavier opponents. The BB-10 has been the standard MFB Stadium since before 40 gram attackers existed. It is the most balanced Stadium there is.

You're making irrelevant claims - the fact is that the Magnestadium is not suitable. It offers weird advantages to things that do not work outside of it, and things that should work do not work in it.
And what grants you the right to say that it's "weird advantages" aren't how the game should work?
Your second statement could easily be made in reverse to support the magnestadium over the BB-10 since what "should" work is highly subjective. You've just had years with the BB-10 to close off your mind to other options.

And as for heavier attacks working better on heavier defenders, that's not how it works in my stadium. In my stadium there's a clear optimal attacking weight just slightly over that of Ray Unicorno. Surely the ability to use lighter attackers opens up the meta to more variety, making my stadium better?
I've only even been Beyblading for a bit over four months now, so there's no "years of BB-10". MFB should work the way it works in the TT BB-10 because it is the way TT intended it to work - that is simple common sense. What "should" work is not subjective - it is very clearly defined by what does work in the appropriate Stadia.

Making more things viable is not always better, especially when other things are suddenly nonfunctional because of it.
(Nov. 26, 2011  11:01 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: And what grants you the right to say that it's "weird advantages" aren't how the game should work?

He can make that statement by fiat. The WBO has done extensive testing to determine the stadium that it wants to use for official competition - and it isn't yours. So, a-piori, he is correct.

(Nov. 26, 2011  11:01 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Your second statement could easily be made in reverse to support the magnestadium over the BB-10 since what "should" work is highly subjective. You've just had years with the BB-10 to close off your mind to other options.

Yes, the judgement of how a beyblade should work in a stadium is subjective. Again, this organization has made its judgement as to what that performance should be like. Like all things, judgements are subject to change - but that change (from an organizational standpoint) is more likely to occur in a gradual manner than an abrupt one.

Given that, my counsel would be to craft your posts with a little less vinegar and a little more honey. You obviously have a good sense of beyblade mechanics, and I think that could be channeled positively into some constructive arguments that might be better received.

For example, have you tried out the BB-46 red stamina/standard stadium? There's no tornado ridge there, and it is legal for WBO MFB tournament play. If that has a behavior that is more like what you see in your stadium, you could do testing in the BB-46 to try and convince people that using the BB-46 is a better option than the BB-10.

I've had a B-46-specific tournament in my community, perhaps you could persuade others to do the same.
Aaaahhh, that looks so nice. Would definitely get it if I could.
(Nov. 27, 2011  3:07 PM)Kai-V Wrote: A sparkly black Orion Clear Wheel :
http://ameblo.jp/ark0106/image-110903109...80396.html

Is that part of a new WBBA tournament prize series, or is it a personal recolor? I would love to get a limited edition Phantom Orion...
It is supposed to be a grade 4 prize.
Arupaeo: while what you say makes sense, I have never been one to go along with popular opinion without understanding the reason. I still have regular disagreements with the Super Smash Bros community on the ethics of abusing the physics engine of Melee for example.

TBH, it's only recently I've gone as far as to use the Magnestadium even. My original stadium of choice was a massive fake thing I got for £2 with a flat center. The huge amount of movement it allowed for made things rather more exciting but I eventually came to the conclusion that attack type MFBs simply couldn't win in it. After that, it was Magnestadium, Beystadium 2 or Super Vortex Stadium and, after a reasonable testing period, I came to the conclusion that Beystadium 2 was small and dull (and pockets are unfun and MFBs don't get real KOs in it like plastics did) and that the SVS was not only even worse for attack types but making Trypio unbeatable (Trypio unbeatable? Really? That's definitely not right!).

I've come to rather like the Magnestadium and it has tended to work similarly to the BB-10 up until now, with only a few minor variations (usually adding to variety rather than removing from it) but I guess it couldn't hurt to try the stadium you suggest. After the SVS and MFB carry stadium, I really don't like the idea of tornado ridges though.

I would like to mention though, that the Magnestadium with magnets completely messes up MFed beys.

EDIT: From what little youtube has to offer, I could go either way on the stadium. On the one hand, Storm Pegasus doesn't quite touch the walls and stamina battles look a lot more interesting. For the most part it looks like a good balanced stadium. On the other though, and this is what really worries me about it, Burn Phoenix seems almost viable there. If MS can hold its own then what chance do attack types have against better tips?
Still, it's not really enough to judge by.
Thanks for the update, Kai-V.
To be extremely honest, I did not find it quite appealing...
The original Burgundy Orion looks better to me. This, on the other hand, is not too good looking...
Or maybe, a better picture might show its beauty... Smile
But, the black CW placed on the MW which has a green plastic core is a perfect Halloween beyblade! Green and Black have been quite popular as a 'spooky' combination! Grin
I like the glitter but I'm not so sure on the black. Maybe we'll get a second glittery Orion.
Hmm... I used to look up to LdragoWolfe (YouTube guy) because of his humor and 'knowledge' of Beyblade. Looking at his recent Tornado Herculeo and Grand Ketos video where he says Tornado has smash, Grand has potential, 105F 'never fails', and RS is iffy, I've kinda lost my respect for the guy.

His videos are still fun to watch, don't get me wrong, but he's so misinformed it's not even funny :\
I don't really place any faith in anyone on Youtube that isn't a respected member here.
Yeah, I don't listen to what anyone there says. I watch the videos and make my own judgements.
Also, RS has terrible stamina. There are attack types that easily outspin it without stalling.
(Nov. 27, 2011  8:55 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Also, RS has terrible stamina. There are attack types that easily outspin it without stalling.

Ikr?
It's funny though, my R²F OS's things like RF and sometimes even things like D/WD.
WTF LOL