Beyblade Random Thoughts

Actually, Lightning is just an incomplete attack wheel. Or, to be more precise, the modern Defense combos made it an incomplete Attack MW. To understand Lightning's position as an Attack wheel, we will have to bring back its past-

Lightning came in with a bang, outclassing MWs like Pegasis and Quetz within a few days. It went up to become the most feared Metal Wheel in the meta-game. It killed Earth combos, the predominant Defense/Stamina wheel of the time(considering Libra was still banned), leaving no scope for the two categories. Then, it all started-

It has been said that it lacked the weight required for better attack.
This was the first of its minus points which had been noticed upon Basalt's release.
To rectify this problem, someone invented MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF. It destroyed Basalt combinations, and made every Defense user whine.
Soon, the pros and cons of this combo were out. It slowed down LLD, which pretty much 'wasted' a super fast LRF's purpose. The heavy thing could do nothing, but just 'push out' combos if nothing else.
Still, people were quite OK with this compromise. And LLD BD145LRF continued to remain dominant.

The 4D era came in soon after, and there was still no threat to Lightning as of yet. But, newer tips and tracks stealthily walked in to collaborate with Basalt, and overthrew LLD from its throne. Its successor, LDD also played a vital role in getting Lightning out of the frame. Then was the arrival of VariAres and Blitz, which aggravated Lightning's misery, compelling it to face unemployment. And so this is how Lightning ended its reign.

Lightning has been a great wheel. The 4D series brought with it heavier wheels, which is usually the controlling factor of matches. Some like VariAres, were made of Full Metal, and turned out to be deadly attack wheels.
Lightning has remained my favorite throughout, considering the fact that it was my first bey, and I had bought it with much expectation. The sad thing is, I lost the first and last chance of using it effectively in a beyblade tourney... Unhappy
Hence, Lightning lovers/users can do nothing except reminisce about such a brilliant wheel, which lost its glory now...

EDIT-
Also hey, thanks th!nk for stating that L3R is an official abbreviation. Smile

Lightning came waaaaaaaay before Vulcan, don't mix up eras. I don't think Pegasis was found so awesome and actually put on the tier list until this year or late last year. No one thought Lightning was better than Quetzalcoatl or Storm, or that any current attack bey could stand up to Libra. Though it could, but I blame it on the skill level of the people then. MF Lightning LDrago BD145RF/LRF had a major flaw even during its release: MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS. I don't see how nobody ever noticed to coming: It was glaringly obvious to me. It didn't help Bluez had some extremely hard to do, impossible test results of the two. Those test results are honestly not possible.
It never pushed things out to win: You either smashed the other bey really hard or you lost.
But actually, most users reported that the combo never managed to 'smash' as BD145 put out all chances of making contact... So most people said it was just 'pushing' things out, and not just smashing...
About Vulcan, I think I misunderstood a certain topic, which made me think Vulcan existed before Lightning. I'll fix it. Smile
(Nov. 26, 2011  3:18 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: But actually, most users reported that the combo never managed to 'smash' as BD145 put out all chances of making contact... So most people said it was just 'pushing' things out, and not just smashing...
About Vulcan, I think I misunderstood a certain topic, which made me think Vulcan existed before Lightning. I'll fix it. Smile
Well...no Lightning does make contact. You know I use Lightning BD145RF/LRF a lot right?
So I know that it does make contact.

Yes, I know that you use that quite often! Smile
OK, but does it actually smash opponents out?
Only a handful of people really agree to this point of being able to smash out an opponent using LLD BD145LRF. Tbh, I shared a similar viewpoint(Lightning hits hard), but I was once corrected that it only pushes things out.
This seems to confuse me more than I actually was before... Smile
(Nov. 26, 2011  3:14 PM)Dan Wrote: Lightning came waaaaaaaay before Vulcan, don't mix up eras. I don't think Pegasis was found so awesome and actually put on the tier list until this year or late last year. No one thought Lightning was better than Quetzalcoatl or Storm, or that any current attack bey could stand up to Libra. Though it could, but I blame it on the skill level of the people then. MF Lightning LDrago BD145RF/LRF had a major flaw even during its release: MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS. I don't see how nobody ever noticed to coming: It was glaringly obvious to me. It didn't help Bluez had some extremely hard to do, impossible test results of the two. Those test results are honestly not possible.
It never pushed things out to win: You either smashed the other bey really hard or you lost.

I got it to KO Basalt BD145CS a couple times in my time using it (mostly when it forced basalt's BD145 to scrape and spin itself out of the arena), but mine did actually manage to beat it by OS fairly regularly.

TBH, it did "push" out a lot of opponents, and FWIW I used it very regulary. It did also smash many out, but BD145 combo's and certain low track opponents had to be "pushed".

Anything where BD145 prevented lightning making contact was pushed out. The very common combos (230 etc) that weren't protected by BD145's effects were definitely smashed out.

So you're all right so stop arguing and trying to one up each other Tired
(Nov. 26, 2011  3:28 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Yes, I know that you use that quite often! Smile
OK, but does it actually smash opponents out?
Only a handful of people really agree to this point of being able to smash out an opponent using LLD BD145LRF. Tbh, I shared a similar viewpoint(Lightning hits hard), but I was once corrected that it only pushes things out.
This seems to confuse me more than I actually was before... Smile
Why won't it make contact when shot with a sliding shoot?
It makes contact when shot at an angle. Well you have lightning and BD145 so why don't you put those two together and check.
Edit: was too slow Unhappy
So have we sorted it out now?

Geeze, you guys are all so argumentative. Not like good ol' me.

I realised today that I have all but one support part (Twin Guard). It was such an awesome gimmick, honestly I'm quite sad they didn't make more, as well as more customise bases.

And it's even worse to think that after that they went on to the horrid Engine Gear bases *shudder*.
I do not have a tip that would keep BD145 from scraping. Grin
Also, what th!nk said cleared my doubts. The statement holds true only when against another BD145 and/or a low height combo. Smile
EDIT- Beaten by th!nk
In addition to my previous, now edited, post, as hazel pointed out in "Whine About Your Breaks", the most useful ones also prevented clips flying out and getting lost, without the awkward setup of the EG Base Clips.
(Nov. 26, 2011  3:14 PM)Dan Wrote: Lightning came waaaaaaaay before Vulcan, don't mix up eras. I don't think Pegasis was found so awesome and actually put on the tier list until this year or late last year. No one thought Lightning was better than Quetzalcoatl or Storm, or that any current attack bey could stand up to Libra. Though it could, but I blame it on the skill level of the people then. MF Lightning LDrago BD145RF/LRF had a major flaw even during its release: MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS. I don't see how nobody ever noticed to coming: It was glaringly obvious to me. It didn't help Bluez had some extremely hard to do, impossible test results of the two. Those test results are honestly not possible.

Huh? thts not true..even I use barely use attack and was able to KO Basalt BD145CS with LLDBD145RF. just have to make it floor scrape and then KO. I can at least do it a little over half the time and even OS....
So wait, you're Bluez? I'm kind of getting mixed up here =/
(Nov. 26, 2011  4:03 PM)Spin-Sonic Wrote:

Huh? thts not true..even I use barely use attack and was able to KO Basalt BD145CS with LLDBD145RF. just have to make it floor scrape and then KO. I can at least do it a little over half the time and even OS....

Video please.
Really? I must have had a lot of bad luck then.. :V
Weight is good for attackers now? Why does the Blitz I just got suck so much then?
It only ever beats Basalt when in "Hollow Mode".
(Nov. 26, 2011  4:07 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2011  4:03 PM)Spin-Sonic Wrote:

Video please.

Sure thing! If I can, I'll see if my testing partner is available tonight or in the mornin tomorrow. I think he should use LLD though considering he is better with attack than me LOL.
(Nov. 26, 2011  4:06 PM)J o n Wrote: So wait, you're Bluez? I'm kind of getting mixed up here =/

LOL. NO. i said I barely use attack but I can do it cuz he shows me how to since he keeps tellin me my stamina only play style wont get me far with all this vari/blitz carp goin around. he's my brother...in a non-blood related way
Honestly, I would greatly prefer it if you could launch it, seeing as you've said that you are able to get those KO's. If that partner is Bluezee, he should understand that my respect for his abilities is the reason I'd rather not have him launch, quite simply, his launch is significantly better in some way than most other people's, and I'd rather have something more "comparable" Smile
(Nov. 26, 2011  4:26 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Weight is good for attackers now? Why does the Blitz I just got suck so much then?

Blitz better in low tracks like 85..i need pretty hard launch on it to make it works..XD
Dracomageat: it isn't really "good" per se, but more necessary to control the recoil produced by most any design that would be able to damage a top tier combo. Or something like that. Good distribution is quite important.

As for blitz, have you tried Variares? Often it seems people who don't like one love the other.
The lowest I have is 100 and that's too low to take down 230 Basalt.
Without the PC core ("hollow mode") it's actually pretty effective but it has too much recoil.
(Nov. 26, 2011  7:07 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Without the PC core ("hollow mode") it's actually pretty effective but it has too much recoil.

Is that even legal?
(Nov. 26, 2011  7:07 PM)th!nk Wrote: Dracomageat: it isn't really "good" per se, but more necessary to control the recoil produced by most any design that would be able to damage a top tier combo. Or something like that. Good distribution is quite important.

I find that, with the PC core, Blitz just doesn't have the speed of movement to successfully smash out Basalt and this is clearly due to its weight. Yes, weight lessens the recoil but it also lessens the desired motion.

(Nov. 26, 2011  7:07 PM)th!nk Wrote: As for blitz, have you tried Variares? Often it seems people who don't like one love the other.

No, Blitz was my first 4D bey and I was led to expect a lot from it.

(Nov. 26, 2011  7:26 PM)Nano Wrote: Is that even legal?

No.
(Nov. 26, 2011  7:31 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: I find that, with the PC core, Blitz just doesn't have the speed of movement to successfully smash out Basalt and this is clearly due to its weight. Yes, weight lessens the recoil but it also lessens the desired motion.

F=MA

(Nov. 26, 2011  7:31 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2011  7:26 PM)Nano Wrote: Is that even legal?

No.
That's what I thought, hah.
(Nov. 26, 2011  7:39 PM)Nano Wrote: F=MA

Atleast you're actually stating the equation and not spamming the phrase "newton's second law" around like it means something.
(Nov. 26, 2011  4:26 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Weight is good for attackers now? Why does the Blitz I just got suck so much then?

Because you are incompetent with it. Unless there is a production defect with it, your inability to use it properly is the only reason it is doing poorly.

You do not even need a hard launch to KO Basalt with Blitz.