Beyblade Random Thoughts

Fine, I'll add an MF.

EDIT: well that was no challenge. Why is MF Basalt Bull 230 WD actually easier to KO than the non-MF version?
(Nov. 18, 2011  9:02 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Fine, I'll add an MF.

EDIT: well that was no challenge. Why is MF Basalt Bull 230 WD actually easier to KO than the non-MF version?

I am honestly not sure, as it should not have been.

(Nov. 18, 2011  8:37 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Oh god, just remembered that plated WD are banned Angry
I think that rule was useful in the day, but now nearly all Wide defence and Wide survivors are plated, which pretty much the best WD of plastic's, any chance of an un-ban; it's not like there's ]that many plastic tourneys i mean.

Strip the paint off.
Playing around with MF-F Phantom Kronos ____RF and in my tests the track helping to produce the most smash is S130. I love B : D. MF-F Phantom Kronos B : D VS Scythe Kronos AD145D is so fun. Phantom gets destabilized then KO's Scythe at the last moment
Tried switching WD to WB and managed to shoot the (still MFed) Basalt combo over the wall. Somehow it still recovered though. I simply can't KO that thing with this combo.
(Nov. 18, 2011  3:10 AM)Hazel Wrote: R145 does better than H145.

I think you mean the other way around =/ H145 is more hard and direct smash. R145 is too soft to be an attack track. H145 4ever ♥ H145 kills Basalt85RS. R145 cant.
...H145 is only useful in three combos, MF LLDH145RF(outclassed), Hell Aquario H145R2F(situational), and MF VariAres H145RF(thoroughly outclassed by all other tracks I'm about to mention). R145 is a dominant Attack part - the common "priority" for attack tracks is CH120 = GB145(Beat only) > R145 > S130 = D125 for Mid-Profile. I'm not sure where you're getting this idea about it being too soft and all this other nonsense, but it's extroardinarily incorrect. MF VariAres R145RF actually completely dominates in several areas, and is essentially the best 145 height Vari.

I will say this one more time, though - MF-H Basalt 85RS is not difficult to KO. It's a combo that succeeded against MF LLD B145LRF, but that combo is now a fargone relic of a land that time forgot.
Hell Aquario H145R2F? Na..

I understand the testings did not match, but against another Attack type the 'situational' is gone..

Though definitely the other combinations, for sure. I have found quite some use in MF-H Gravity Perseus H145RF.
H145 did horribly on Gravity, for me, and Gravity has gone the way of the Dodo for the most part, too.
Hazel wanna compare test?? Not trying to start beef though.

But then again, everyone has different opinoins.
I am simply stating common knowledge. We have a fairly thorough H145 discussion that was made not long ago in the Customizations forum. R145 is the second most popular Attack track for current attack MWs, plain and simple. That is represented both in tournament presence and in testing - I've even had a couple of users PM me about building combos to counter MF Vari R145RF due to its sheer commanding authority over their area.

and even I can KO Basalt 85RS. If I can do it, your average fetus probably can, too.
(Nov. 16, 2011  5:07 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2011  4:52 AM)filipino77 Wrote: i just got a random thought about beyblade(hence the name, 'beyblade random thoughts').
What Takara Tomy (and even better, Hasbro) should do is still have the facebolts' motifs tattooed on there, but the part of the bolt that screws into the spin track should be metal.
Grin

Obviously that would just destroy and damage the plastic of the Track, hence why Metal Faces currently have a plastic encasing. There are good reasons behind most things ...

thats what i mean. there would be a heavier metal- equal to the older MFs, encased by plastic around the screw part, while leaving the top plastic-see-through and tattooed.
although i dont think they would go that far except for like... special edition ones or video game ones. just seems too complicated.
Ha. For those who put stickers on their beys,if you put a Ketos/Cetus CW on Phantom it make it look like a Cyclops

Anyways XD Im completely loving the way Phantom treats M145 like with MF-H Phantom Ketos M145 WD/DS/EDS it hardly bounces at all but most of the time it will tornado stall/slightly bounce or it will tornado stall for a couple of seconds then "switches" to a more stamina like mode.
(Nov. 18, 2011  8:37 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Oh god, just remembered that plated WD are banned Angry
I think that rule was useful in the day, but now nearly all Wide defence and Wide survivors are plated, which pretty much the best WD of plastic's, any chance of an un-ban; it's not like there's ]that many plastic tourneys i mean.

http://worldbeyblade.org/universalrules.pdf

If they were at one stage, which I do vaguely recall, I do not see that in the current rules.

(Nov. 19, 2011  3:57 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote: Hell Aquario H145R2F? Na..

I understand the testings did not match, but against another Attack type the 'situational' is gone..

Though definitely the other combinations, for sure. I have found quite some use in MF-H Gravity Perseus H145RF.

The meaning of situational is that it only works in certain situations. Obviously, playing against attack types are not one of the situations it is suited to.
And as Hazel said, R145 is miles better than H145 on Gravity.

Update on me trying to use variares: Broke off my beylauncher handle, that's two in as many days. The return? Harder launching causes variares to get KO'd harder, self KO harder, DKO harder, or just be more depressing when it misses basalt completely. Keep in mind I'm launching Basalt at the same speed, though I've swapped to MB because CS sometimes self-KO's at these speeds Tired

So, still no good. I honestly don't know what I can do from here. Cleaned the beystadium (turns out I was thinking of turps, not metho, with the smell), tried different tips (anything worn enough to not self KO is too slow to do any real damage, if it actually hits). Speechless
I almost never use full power with VariAres. Use as much power as you can with absolute control. If it's half of you usual power, then use that. The thing with VariAres is, the smash is effective enough to get KOs with low spin. So sacrifice your power for more control.
And my Variares on the other hand never self KOed and didnt even move fast enough to KO Basalt....launcher and launching really do make a lot of difference...since I cant use a beylauncher I was tired of continuosly trying to make it move fast with my LL2 and L3R but finally I discovered that one of my ripcords....C1 I think was the one which gave it a better speed and that was when it moved quick enough to KO Basalt.
(Nov. 19, 2011  8:42 AM)SAM10795 Wrote: And my Variares on the other hand never self KOed and didnt even move fast enough to KO Basalt....launcher and launching really do make a lot of difference...since I cant use a beylauncher I was tired of continuoslu trying to make it move fast with my LL2 and L3R but finally I discovered that one of my ripcords....C1 I think was the one which gave it a better speed and that was when it moved quick enough to KO Basalt.

Maybe it was really your L3R.
No..it was the ripcord...it only worked well with one model of ripcord..the C1 ..even if it was with LL2 or L3R...both worked well with Vari when I used that particular ripcord
(Nov. 19, 2011  8:35 AM)Uwik Wrote: I almost never use full power with VariAres. Use as much power as you can with absolute control. If it's half of you usual power, then use that. The thing with VariAres is, the smash is effective enough to get KOs with low spin. So sacrifice your power for more control.

Don't get enough power to KO at normal controllable speed, don't get enough control, plus too much recoil, and still too little power to overcome that at high RPM. Tired

Honestly, if a bey needs to be launched extra hard as people keep telling me, then it's only going to have a small window until the RPMs drop to more normal levels. And, considering my Basalt is just KOing it back, higher rpm's for both is just increasing the force variares hits my legs/hand/fingers/property.

Remember, it works fine against everything but MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS/MB. It does better against more passive tips, sure, but at a tourney you can't force your opponent to use a "sitting duck" basalt bd145cs.

And I have a blister from what's left of my launcher handle Tired

And yes, I realise how undignified it is to blame a beyblade that everyone else is doing well with when it's probably my fault. I just can't figure out why I just can't use the damned thing.
Whatever happened to MF-H Meteo L-Drago CH120XF, let me guess, Blitz,Vari,Beat,Fang etc. came in and took it's spot, and then with Scythe, BGrin, Death, Phantom, RB how does it fend against these? And it's waaay better bro L-Drago Destroy to steal the L-Drago attack spotlight.
I still remember Late 2010-2011, Basalt, 230, Hell BD145, MF, Gravity, S130 everywhere and this.
Now 4D came and only some of that is viable as it used to be.
4D is comparable to HMS releasing so many great parts in so little time..that's why it is epic...but breaks the bank...
Haha, it's never too easy to KO Basalt BD145 CS/MB regardless anyway, despite what all the testings say. Whenever I feel confident that my opponent will use Basalt BD145 CS/MB, I will choose my stamina bey over VariAres every time.

But anyway, VariAres KOes just fine on low RPM. I've done it myself, and seen it numerous times done by others. But yeah, iirc, none were Basalt BD145 CS/MB.
Dan says it's a 100% for him, as do a couple of others Confused I was leaning towards what you said myself, but yeah.

The thing with using stamina, it depends just how stamina oriented you go, because if the CS is right for it (and most are), it's not hard to send a balanced bey like basalt BD145 into an attacking pattern.

Hm, well I was specifically thinking about Basalt BD145CS/MB, so IDK. That's mainly what mine's been up against.
Where I live, people have actually gotten extremely good with their defense/stamina hybrid beys. Plenty of extremely well primed CS that can outspin WDs / even few B: Ds. CS that can stall as fast as a mint XF. 7-8 minutes B: D that doesn't stay on center. 48+ grams Basalts, MBs with easy flower patterns, etc. That's why for us, it's actually safer to verse Basalt BD145 CS/MB with another stamina / defense combo, instead of attack combo. Biweekly local WBBA tournaments that prohibits the use of 4D beys, where Basalt still runs the metagame, really demands us to excel on stamina / defense types. Something that even VariAres RF still can not yield a perfect win ratio.
(Nov. 19, 2011  12:24 PM)Uwik Wrote: Where I live, people have actually gotten extremely good with their defense/stamina hybrid beys. Plenty of extremely well primed CS that can outspin WDs / even few B: Ds. CS that can stall as fast as a mint XF. 7-8 minutes B: D that doesn't stay on center. 48+ grams Basalts, MBs with easy flower patterns, etc. That's why for us, it's actually safer to verse Basalt BD145 CS/MB with another stamina / defense combo, instead of attack combo. Biweekly local WBBA tournaments that prohibits the use of 4D beys, where Basalt still runs the metagame, really demands us to excel on stamina / defense types. Something that even VariAres RF still can not yield a perfect win ratio.

My CS moves that quick. And moves the stadium with it at times Tired
Outspinning WD is crazy, though Confused

I guess in that case it is probably safer. I certainly wouldn't focus on Variares at a tourney any time soon. That said, I'm not ready for a tourney any time real soon right now.
@th!nk- Eee
That is too fast for a CS tip...
Well, I haven't seen VariAres for quite sometime in the Winning Combinations thread... Recent ones show Phantom holding the Numero Uno title...
Frequenting tourneys with a VariAres is something which only highly confident, and experienced attack users will do. Because-
1. Less than 50% people own VariAres.
2. His Majesty, VariAres is tough to use, so the number goes even smaller.
3. Result- Less VariAres in tournaments/or less VariAres used effectively.

This is why attack has gone so rare in some areas... Uwik, if this continues in Indonesia(well, you aren't the only Indonesian reporting Defense/Stamina domination, hence I refer to the whole country. Smile), then even after 4D beys are permitted for tourney use, VariAres would catch dust...
It's just a unicorno booster one, it came as a semi-aggro, but a few uses later it is more aggro. But stick it on Basalt BD145 and it goes crazy. Same happens to me with most CS's. Unsteady launch hand I guess.

Remember, Variares isn't the only attack wheel out. Blitz and Phantom are both very good.