Beyblade Random Thoughts

If Hasbro does mess with the 4D wheels, I'm hoping they make them lighter. I hardly seems an achievement to take down Basalt with a 40 gram plus metal wheel.
Vodka?any perfume with alcohol instead?is it safe for cleaning?but i would prefer soap if tis good since the cheapest ever way to clean it..XD
Seriously, I used to use 96% alcohol solution. The plastic seemed cleaner as in more transparent, but it really did not clean the scuff marks. Also, the surface became not as smooth as before (sticky and squeaky).

I then used soap and water, it cleans all the rubber marks real well. Towel dry it, and buff with an automotive shine solution to rid the scuff marks. Rinse the second time with water, and towel dry again. Perfect.
automotive shine solution?what is that thing actually?things for cars?somelike oil?
Paste-like substance, any brand. You can find it in any convenience store everywhere.
Nail Varnish Remover may clean MWs nicely but don't get it near the other parts. It will disolve them.
(Nov. 18, 2011  6:29 PM)Uwik Wrote: Seriously, I used to use 96% alcohol solution. The plastic seemed cleaner as in more transparent, but it really did not clean the scuff marks. Also, the surface became not as smooth as before (sticky and squeaky).

I then used soap and water, it cleans all the rubber marks real well. Towel dry it, and buff with an automotive shine solution to rid the scuff marks. Rinse the second time with water, and towel dry again. Perfect.

Any time you scrub something with rubbing alcohol, and it is a surface like plastic, you need to rinse it in water afterward and then dry it. I've used 99% isopropyl alcohol solutions in the past, and the squeaky, dry surface effect is completely negated after you rehydrate the surface, and does not return.

I called Arupaeo Kevin because of his beard's heavy resemblance to Kevin Smith's. He was aware of what I meant, I'm sure.

Quote:If Hasbro does mess with the 4D wheels, I'm hoping they make them lighter. I hardly seems an achievement to take down Basalt with a 40 gram plus metal wheel.

...are you kidding me with this? The only MWs capable of reliably downing Basalt are 40g+ MWs. Lighter is worse when your opponent weighs 50g+. This isn't plastics.

Quote:Vodka?any perfume with alcohol instead?is it safe for cleaning?but i would prefer soap if tis good since the cheapest ever way to clean it..Pinching_grin

Isopropyl alcohol has an extremely powerful smell, but it does dissipate quickly. Vodka has very little odor, and should clean well enough - but given the nature of these boards, discussing people handling liquor in any fashion is a bit... out of place, I think.

(Nov. 18, 2011  6:48 PM)Uwik Wrote: Paste-like substance, any brand. You can find it in any convenience store everywhere.

Goo-Gone is basically what he's talking about, guys. There are similarly-named products, "Goop", for example. It's the most powerful non-solvent adhesive removal-approved cleaning substance available to the commercial public, and also removes scuffs, stains, etc.
99% content of Isopropyl Alcohol is even beyond laboratory grade. That's serious overkill haha.

Anyway, just to be clear, the scars on the stadium are there permanently. It's not going to disappear by any means of cleaning. What we can do is 'cover' those scars temporarily by substances. The best would be of course any form of stable, viscous oil based substances that can dry up quite well, leaving the solid residue to 'cover' up the scar marks. Even then, over time, and after prolonged uses, it will disappear too, exposing the same old scars. This is when we repeat the cleaning process.

Don't expect any magical result, like brand spanking, shiny new stadium.
I've used 99% without problems, it's just imperative to use very little. 70% will do the job though, honestly. 50%... eh.
(Nov. 18, 2011  6:53 PM)Hazel Wrote:
Quote:If Hasbro does mess with the 4D wheels, I'm hoping they make them lighter. I hardly seems an achievement to take down Basalt with a 40 gram plus metal wheel.
...are you kidding me with this? The only MWs capable of reliably downing Basalt are 40g+ MWs. Lighter is worse when your opponent weighs 50g+. This isn't plastics.

I know what I'm saying and I mean it. A 43 gram wheel going up a 45-47 gram Basalt isn't really enough of a disadvantage to make your win seem like an a mazing feat now is it? That's only 2-4 grams difference.
Now beating it with a 35-37 gram wheel, that's a full ten grams of achievement!

EDIT: oh and on the alcohol subject, has anyone tried vanilla essence? It's almost entirely alcohol and should give your bey a wonderful taste scent.
(Nov. 18, 2011  7:11 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: I know what I'm saying and I mean it. A 43 gram wheel going up a 45-47 gram Basalt isn't really enough of a disadvantage to make your win seem like an a mazing feat now is it? That's only 2-4 grams difference.
Now beating it with a 35-37 gram wheel, that's a full ten grams of achievement!

'Amazing feat' is overrated. A win is a win.
Beating MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS should not feel cheapened by the weight of your Beyblade... really, why the physical properties of your MW would "cheapen" it at all is just... inconceivable, to me.

The shape will not do it alone, weight is needed. The designs are all so massively recoil-heavy that if they weighed 10 grams less they would fire themselves out of the Stadium and literally bounce off of ANYTHING - even Earth! A 30 gram VariAres would literally get on a Kawasaki Motorcycle and drive out of the Stadium at 180 km/h.

This is not plastics. You may know what you're saying, but I don't think you actually thought about it for more than the amount of time it took you to type it.
I know I would take a win with or without a lighter Metal Wheel, hah. It is cool if you want to challenge yourself once you can already achieve a regular victory, but you just make sure that you make the best choices.

Hazel Wrote:imperitive

I never thought I would see a mistake in one of your posts. At least, it seems like it can indeed only be written "imperative" in that context.
There are words I cannot often recall the proper contextual spelling/general spelling for, actually. This happens to be one of them!

I just don't like the implication that making MWs 10g lighter would be a good thing, because it would not.

If you really want to challenge yourself, try beating MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS with MF-H Beat Lynx GB145RF - and use Kai-V's launch technique.
I never said make them 10 grams lighter. Just make them under 40.

Also, I have no idea what Kai-V's technique is but I've spent most of my life perfecting my semi-sliding shoot so I'm kinda stuck with it.
(Nov. 18, 2011  7:46 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: I never said make them 10 grams lighter. Just make them under 40.

Also, I have no idea what Kai-V's technique is but I've spent most of my life perfecting my semi-sliding shoot so I'm kinda stuck with it.

Lowering their weights at all is a terrible idea. They already need MF/MF-H to lower their recoil to a controllable level, for the most part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ5hMtJEkfY Skip to 2:30 for her launch technique.
Well, the question had been asked (as to where TT would go now after producing so many round wheels) and I guess heavier is the answer if the ultimate DX set is any indication of design direction.

So it would appear that whether one likes it or not, the wheels are getting heavier - and basalt is definitely in trouble... Eee
(Nov. 18, 2011  7:51 PM)Hazel Wrote: Lowering their weights at all is a terrible idea. They already need MF/MF-H to lower their recoil to a controllable level, for the most part.

Wow, 4D sounds bad!

(Nov. 18, 2011  7:51 PM)Hazel Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ5hMtJEkfY Skip to 2:30 for her launch technique.

WTF?! Kai-V made the lefty launch work? That's one thing I've really missed since starting MFB.
That is not even an actual launch technique and I am not even left-handed, hah.
Of course it's not and I doubted you were. I used to be able to launch ambidextrously but MFB launchers ruined that for me. IIRC it was one of those stupid restrictions that Hasbro allowed users of the main four S-series beys to force on opponents (5s early launch for Draciel or no launcher grips for Dragoon).

Also, I lack those parts, would Basalt Bull 230 WD with Galaxy Gill GB145 R2F count?
KOing WD is not difficult...
It is when it's flat, you can't launch straight and your bey sucks.
Oh god, just remembered that plated WD are banned Angry
I think that rule was useful in the day, but now nearly all Wide defence and Wide survivors are plated, which pretty much the best WD of plastic's, any chance of an un-ban; it's not like there's ]that many plastic tourneys i mean.
Without a MF, Basalt is going to be very easy to KO on 230WD.