Beyblade Random Thoughts

The tip is on the SG, the BB is the weird thing with 2 wing things higher up the bey Tongue_out
Oh, I never knew that could be done! Amazing!
Seriously, M145Q won't jump even half as high, IMO. Tongue_out
Oh dear, I have a hunch I might become a basalt abuser. Not because of the weight, but because of how it casually spins around the stadium, nudging my other beys out or in, depending on the angle it hits. Though I don't really actually test that often, or even enter tournaments too much, It's fun watching how basalt acts on different tracks and tips. Basalt M145 Q is freaking crazy. It does tiny spastic jumps as it speeds around the stadium.
I think this goes here:
Today at a tourney, I beat a MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170D (195/220) using a Jade Orion C145MF. The score was 3-2.

I have been using Big Bang Unicorno II S130RF and It works against quite a few good combos. Its really good!
I used L-Drago Destroy BD145RF (Mint) and Jade Orion C145R2F (New) against each other and did a test:

LDD: 10 Wins
Jade: 10 Wins

Big Bang Kerbecs BD145HF/S, L-Drago Destroy C145RF and Jade Kronos 85EWD are actually quite good.
Jade is the worst though
(Oct. 01, 2011  8:50 AM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2011  8:45 AM)th!nk Wrote: Going to ignore the previous conversation, as it is driven by a single person's ignorance.

Anyway, PLASTICS!

Just saying, they did release a bey with amazing parts all in one. More than one, even. Driger S and Galeon are both excellent, at the time of it's release, driger S could only be improved by adding a 6 heavy weight disk instead of it's own, which is honestly quite minor. Putting Galeon's AR on it would've been equally good, but yes, both were basically perfect out of the box at the time, as far as I know.
Driger V2 is quite solid out of the box as well.

EXACTLY!
Out of the Box beasts were released and they were capable of ruling most tourneys!
Um, lets see... Strata Dragoon V was good too, I guess?
Its sad to realize that no EG beys made it into the 'OOTB Amazing' list. Unhappy

In my mind, Dragoon G was pretty good OOTB, but maybe it wasn't. I just remember that Dragoon G's AR+EG meant really early KO's at my summer camp. Stupid TITAN...
I had a Beyblade nostalgia day today. Well sort of nostalgia. I went back to May 2010.

First, I made the combos I made before I joined the WBO. So only beyblades that i had before october. They were top tier combos when I made them, I only visited here as a guest for quite a while though. I made Burn Bull 145SD, Earth Leone 145WD, Earth Bull C145WB, Storm Aquario 100RF, and Pegasis 145RF. No metal faces, no Beylauncher, no attack stadium.

Oh my, just watching the battles. It was so cool. Not the battles themselves, but I remembered what I thought back then. Tried to get M145Q to do well In the PTW, using the launcher with the correct face sticker on it, and watching Momo's YouTube videos. Holy that was so much fun.

Then I slowly moved up in time, and I remembered thinking that Rock Leone was unbeatable. I also remembered getting earth Aquila and seeing it beat rock leone.

So, then I did the first MFB battle I ever did. With everything the exact same. Exact same launchers, exact parts, exact stadium. Dark Wolf Vs Rock Leone in the Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium.

Good memories. Just havin' fun.
(Oct. 01, 2011  9:54 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: thinking that Rock Leone was unbeatable.
I remember this time for me...
That was the only bey I would ever use, because it always beat my brothers and my brother's girlfriend. This was about December, long before I payed attention to a metagame. The first time I saw it lost, I saw so shocked. A Storm Peggy hits it into a pocket into the Lightning Force stadium, and I almost freaked because I was so mad.
Now, it's somewhat humurous, it gets KO'd in one hit XD

Yeah it's so funny how parts I used to think were unbeatable basically suck now. Haha Earth Bull C145WB.
(Oct. 01, 2011  10:03 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Yeah it's so funny how parts I used to think were unbeatable basically suck now. Haha Earth Bull C145WB.
Exactly.

Recently, I tried that combo and other pre-Basalt defense combos against Beat Lynx R145RF, and I enjoyed watching them fly out the stadium. Smile Good times.

Rock Leone was always my favorite <3
I also used to think Dark was impossible to beat... which is why I never dared to put it up against my Rock Leone... Dark Wolf and Dark Bull were my prizes, I never used them, since Dark had '12 blades' and it could destroy my other beys...
Oh man, I hated when my bro used Earth Wolf 105WD, I always lost against it. I hated it so much, I banned it from usage in my house, and when I got Earth Virgo, he banned THAT since it always beat Earth Wolf...
Noob times are the most fun, IMO XD
(Oct. 01, 2011  10:07 PM)CRUelty Wrote: I also used to think Dark was impossible to beat... which is why I never dared to put it up against my Rock Leone... Dark Wolf and Dark Bull were my prizes, I never used them, since Dark had '12 blades' and it could destroy my other beys...
Oh man, I hated when my bro used Earth Wolf 105WD, I always lost against it. I hated it so much, I banned it from usage in my house, and when I got Earth Virgo, he banned THAT since it always beat Earth Wolf...
Noob times are the most fun, IMO XD

Lol. I think I posted this somewhere else, but a year ago, I thought my best combo was Dark Leone ED145HF/S. That was back when I had no idea about the WBO, hah. Tongue_out I mean, come on, what kind of combo is that?

The thing about the 'blades' on Dark was the same with me; I thought it was amazing for that reason. XD Then I found Earth, and Dark got overthrown as my 'Defense King', I guess. Tongue_out
I remember when I thought Earth Eagle was the best beyblade Tongue_out then the truth literally hit me in the face when my Earth Eagle came flying at me after a hit from LLD with an RF a the tip....... Unhappy
Fake? It doesn't look it. Haven't heared anything about it before. I think they called it Phantom Orion parts set because the parts are 'good' with Phantom Orion. Black 230 though...
No, that's real. You should've searched, it's been mentioned multiple times
When I was at Wal-Mart today, they had the Lightning Sword Showdown pack in, so I investigated the rumors of the CS in it being not only different, but highly inconsistent. All 7 of the ones they had in stock had a different CS. Three of them had the plastic so far into the rubber they looked like RF from the side and bottom, one had a VERY protruded plastic piece(the one I bought), and the others were inbetween, but all noticably different.

Consistency -10, Hasbro.
Eh, I'd find that useful because if the view is that good to you [when I bought my Striker I was just too excited], then it could help the Beyblader more.
While technically true that offering varying types of CS is a boon for specific Bladers, there's also the likelihood that they won't have a good one for you in stock, and moreover, that CS as a part is already hard enough to categorize/explain.
I hate the snipe launcher. a hasbro light launcher with a ripcord ripped in half performs better...
(Oct. 02, 2011  12:09 AM)BigBangSoda145 Wrote: I hate the snipe launcher. a hasbro light launcher with a ripcord ripped in half performs better...
I think that means you're not using it right...?
I wouldn't know, I don't have one Tongue_out
(Oct. 02, 2011  12:12 AM)CRUelty Wrote:
(Oct. 02, 2011  12:09 AM)BigBangSoda145 Wrote: I hate the snipe launcher. a hasbro light launcher with a ripcord ripped in half performs better...

No, the Snipe Launcher really is quite terrible. Awful launch power, and it's fidgety to hold, compared to the others. For me, anyway.
(Oct. 02, 2011  12:24 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 02, 2011  12:12 AM)CRUelty Wrote:

No, the Snipe Launcher really is quite terrible. Awful launch power, and it's fidgety to hold, compared to the others. For me, anyway.
Eh, I can believe it, with that swivel-type gimmick it has...
It isn't that, it's really the grip that's uncomfortable. It cuts into your hand.
Give it a shot with a Light Launcher 1, it's actually pretty decent then.

@Hajel
Uhh, it isn't the grip that gives the launcher the power... It's the launcher... But I have to agree that it us quite hard to hold, especially if you're over the supposed "average" age of about 8?
(Oct. 02, 2011  1:01 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: It isn't that, it's really the grip that's uncomfortable. It cuts into your hand.

@Hajel
Uhh, it isn't the grip that gives the launcher the power... It's the launcher... But I have to agree that it us quite hard to hold, especially if you're over the supposed "average" age of about 8?

He doesn't mean the Snipe Launcher Grip, Rai. He means the Snipe Launcher. It is a Takara Tomy product. BB103.
(Oct. 02, 2011  1:01 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: It isn't that, it's really the grip that's uncomfortable. It cuts into your hand.

@Hajel
Snipe Launcher... is not a grip...
EDIT: Thank you, Hazel.
Ahh I totally misread it. XD My bad Hazel!