Beyblade Random Thoughts

Awwww man! Ever since I joined WBO I have been reading old threads non stop. ;_; I miss the old metagame before the Maximum Series came T__T. I remeber random combos winning each tourney instead of "Basalt/Sycthe" every where. I remeber how Lighting L Drago was THE best bey in the metagame. I used to love Earth Bull combos to death until Max Series. The old metgame was much more balanced and wider variety of combos instead of relying on Basalt/Sycthe to win. May the 2007-[early 2011] Metagame Rest In Peace... it was soo much fun back then T___T
Actually IMO before basalt came along the meta (In sydney anyway) was SPAMed by Earth Bull 100WD's and they were easy to get a hold of as well since hasbro kids could use them , since the maximum series I have seen a variety of different combos in every tournament they may not be completely different but it is better then Earth Bull's getting all the places.
.. 2007?
MFB wasn't even announced until 2008. Don't forget we also had the same problem with Libra, it wasn't like Basalt ruined it all.. I think it was only in November or so we even considered Lightning to be the best. Last august we still had arguments over Storm vs. Lightning..
(Sep. 26, 2011  1:10 AM)® Wrote: I miss the old metagame before the Maximum Series came T__T. I remeber random combos winning each tourney instead of "Basalt/Sycthe" every where. I remeber how Lighting L Drago was THE best bey in the metagame. I used to love Earth Bull combos to death until Max Series. The old metgame was much more balanced and wider variety of combos instead of relying on Basalt/Sycthe to win. it was soo much fun back then T___T

i agree so much, fall 2010 was the best time IMO (that was right before RS was just starting to get used, to before maximum AKA: IMO the golden age of MFB). man i want the double format idea to be used

(this is based on the testing i have seen so far):
man you just got to love takara. they release a overpowered metal wheel which dominates (basalt), and to fix this problem, they make a even more overpowered metal wheel (phantom)
great thinking takara
(Sep. 26, 2011  1:10 AM)® Wrote: Awwww man! Ever since I joined WBO I have been reading old threads non stop. ;_; I miss the old metagame before the Maximum Series came T__T. I remeber random combos winning each tourney instead of "Basalt/Sycthe" every where. I remeber how Lighting L Drago was THE best bey in the metagame. I used to love Earth Bull combos to death until Max Series. The old metgame was much more balanced and wider variety of combos instead of relying on Basalt/Sycthe to win. May the 2007-[early 2011] Metagame Rest In Peace... it was soo much fun back then T___T
I agrre with 100% hopefully the metgame becomes balanced again. i miss play with l-drago that used domniate and earth bull100wd
Since you brought up lightning Dan you reminded me that I don't like it anymore. I haven't brought it to my last 2 tournaments and the 3rd coming up I don't think i am going to bring it to that either. It seems so lightweight compared to any of the other wheels I have like LDD and Beat that's why I prefer them over lightning , just a random thought though.
(Sep. 26, 2011  1:22 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Since you brought up lightning Dan you reminded me that I don't like it anymore. I haven't brought it to my last 2 tournaments and the 3rd coming up I don't think i am going to bring it to that either. It seems so lightweight compared to any of the other wheels I have like LDD and Beat that's why I prefer them over lightning , just a random thought though.

LLD being lightweight is a good part of why it found great synergy in MF LLD BD145LRF; Lightning Tank was heavy enough to knock out the big boys.
(Sep. 26, 2011  1:14 AM)Dan Wrote: .. 2007?
MFB wasn't even announced until 2008. Don't forget we also had the same problem with Libra, it wasn't like Basalt ruined it all.. I think it was only in November or so we even considered Lightning to be the best. Last august we still had arguments over Storm vs. Lightning..

Oh, I must've added in the HMS/Plastic metagame by mistake lol. But back then was still fun :V

Man... guys Im glad you feel me. I would do anything to go back in time and have fun again instead of seeing Basalt and Sycthe in my eyes Gasp
i never liked lightning. after i got meteo and gravity, i sold my lightning (becuase gravity and meteo are way better then lightning Serious )

i have no idea why i dislike it, but i just don't...
the solution to basalt/scythe?
use a dark wofl df145ms
(Sep. 26, 2011  1:25 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2011  1:22 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Since you brought up lightning Dan you reminded me that I don't like it anymore. I haven't brought it to my last 2 tournaments and the 3rd coming up I don't think i am going to bring it to that either. It seems so lightweight compared to any of the other wheels I have like LDD and Beat that's why I prefer them over lightning , just a random thought though.

LLD being lightweight is a good part of why it found great synergy in MF LLD BD145LRF; Lightning Tank was heavy enough to knock out the big boys.

Yeah but I find MF LDD BD145RF to do better in tournaments i haven't formal tested anything and I don't plan on it , but it wins more in tournaments.
(Sep. 26, 2011  1:28 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: i never liked lightning. after i got meteo and gravity, i sold my lightning (becuase gravity and meteo are way better then lightning Serious )

Meteo is worse IMO...Too much rubber in the way I never liked Meteo but its fun to watch the colors spin... Also the only time I like Meteo is when I use MF Meteo PersuesR145RF Grin. Super Duper smash like superman! if the commitee made it legal..... It probably would've been the best attack combo to exist. Tongue_out
There is a huge dispute within the current Metagame..

I feel that it is quite great to see the 4D Bottoms gimmicks as we are seeing.. Recently, many users and including me, have been thinking of now Basalt possibly not getting a banning at all. With the release of Phantom, I am seeing mixes in Defense and Stamina:

Defense:
  • Phantom in all remarks is seeming to easily OS Basalt..
  • Basalt is still getting reputable marks against Scythe..

Stamina:
  • EDS is a great current Stamina bottom, but it seems B:D can handle that..
  • BD145EDS seems to be in a disrupted flow with B:D..

I'm hoping we can see a Topsy-Turvy we are seeing with these elements, but on Attack. I am really hoping for the Death Wheel, and really some newer releases.

POINT IN STAND:
What if Scythe or Phantom take over our Metagame, what will happen to Attack?
(Sep. 26, 2011  1:32 AM)® Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2011  1:28 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: i never liked lightning. after i got meteo and gravity, i sold my lightning (becuase gravity and meteo are way better then lightning Serious )

Meteo is worse IMO...Too much rubber in the way I never liked Meteo but its fun to watch the colors spin... Also the only time I like Meteo is when I use MF Meteo PersuesR145RF Grin. Super Duper smash like superman! if the commitee made it legal..... It probably would've been the best attack combo to exist. Tongue_out

i was being sarcastic about it being better then lightning lol Tongue_out . i did put perseus on meteo once, but i never tried it out... i think i know what i am going to do when i get the hasbro meteo (interestingly, i sold my meteo as well after i got gravity attack ver Tongue_out)
POINT IN STAND:
What if Scythe or Phantom take over our Metagame, what will happen to Attack?

[/quote]

To me Sythe is kind of like a prototype Phantom, with it's amazing stamina being perfected in Phantom, but Phantom hasn't been tested against attack yet,
so we don't even know if attack metagame is dead; Anyway with all these 4D MWs that are powerful attackers I don't really think attack is dead.
Also because of EDS/BGrin where do RS,CS and RSF stand.
lightning Discussion: Lightning is better then Meteo and Gravity ATK.
But If you don't want to use it there's lots of other options.
(Sep. 26, 2011  2:22 AM)sum 472 Wrote: lightning Discussion: Lightning is better then Meteo and Gravity ATK.
That's true, but to them Ligtning is kind of a cheap way to win. I agree as well; my current attack combo is with Beat.
(Sep. 26, 2011  2:22 AM)sum 472 Wrote: lightning Discussion: Lightning is better then Meteo and Gravity ATK.
But If you don't want to use it there's lots of other options.

like i said, i was being sarcastic, we all know lightning is better, i just prefer gravity over lightning

I just came to this realization.

The metallic purple Aries wheel from the Legend Series Torch Aries is a very fitting alternate wheel for the "Perseus" facebolt. It'd resemble the horns from his helmet. Just need original decals that match the actual Perseus clear wheel's style.
Lol, did you know that Perseus fits on Torch? It fits one way, but not the other. It's still bad though lol.
It'd be hilarious of Hasbro read your post. They'd take that literally and make it a faceoff second Beyblade.
Meteo L-Drago Ch120EWD is literally the best spin-stealing (yes AND equalizing) combo I have ever senn.
try it for yourself.... Grin
I will, still I would think on B:D it would do better..
I so can't wait to do that, since wave 3 will be here soon Eee MLD and Evil Beafowl (renamed Befall lolol) will be released in it IIRC. I've been wanting an EWD for so long Tongue_out
@BBS
Well since BGrin is so high, I'm not so sure. It all depends lol Tongue_out
I think I can ask that here, but it is 'Befall' officially?
(Sep. 26, 2011  4:56 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote: I think I can ask that here, but it is 'Befall' officially?

yes yes it is
Ive been using the TBS Ldrago 2 clear wheel+TT Meteo MW+CH120XF with the LightLauncher L/R and it does wonders against Basalt BD145