Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Sep. 01, 2011  1:33 PM)Nwolf Wrote: TT hongli is a type of fake brand of beyblade, its one that alot of people think are real

The very reason why there was such a funny rumor. Smile The word Hongli reminds me of a Hindi word which means fake! It sounds almost similar, just that remove that 'L' and add a......... OK leave it, I better not mention it as Hindi ain't allowed. Tongue_out

Well, there were a few instances when people complained about a rattling BD145. I tried to see if even mine rattles or not. After a few beybattles, the face tends to become loose, and scaredy cats(like me) who don't put the face tightly (fearing they might end up screwing it too tight), have their tracks rattling. This happens mostly in normal mode, when the impact of a lower bey simply destabilizes HK, and.....scrape scrape scrape! So, the reason for that is simply the loosely put faces. Even my 100 track rattles at times, but the effect is not seen as the track is too small and short compared to the HUGE BD145.
yeah i'm thinking of doing this service i thought sounded quite call, where people tell me what sort of things they like, what they're favourite type of bey is, and i can tell them which bey suits them based on that, kinda like:

music lover defence beys

Beat Lyra BD145EWD not top tier combos, but i thought it sounded fun
Because ewd is so defensive and totally compatible with bd145...
(Sep. 01, 2011  4:06 PM)Nwolf Wrote: yeah i'm thinking of doing this service i thought sounded quite call, where people tell me what sort of things they like, what they're favourite type of bey is, and i can tell them which bey suits them based on that, kinda like:

music lover defence beys

what did i say?
(Sep. 01, 2011  5:17 PM)Nwolf Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2011  4:06 PM)Nwolf Wrote: yeah i'm thinking of doing this service i thought sounded quite call, where people tell me what sort of things they like, what they're favourite type of bey is, and i can tell them which bey suits them based on that, kinda like:

music lover defence beys

what did i say?

That (see bold, italicised, underlined).
As for the other half of my comment there's a difference between "not top tier" and "can't actually last more than 10 seconds before scraping and dying". You've managed to do the latter, making a turd instead of a usable bey. NICE WORK BRO!
(Sep. 01, 2011  5:22 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2011  5:17 PM)Nwolf Wrote:

music lover defence beys

what did i say?

That (see bold, italicised, underlined).
As for the other half of my comment there's a difference between "not top tier" and "can't actually last more than 10 seconds before scraping and dying". You've managed to do the latter, making a turd instead of a usable bey. NICE WORK BRO!

yea but i don't want to chose another tip, and people just go:

oh nah, thats carp and totally not top-tier! you know nothing.

if you want me to change it:

145WD, basically it's just the fun of making a bey which is related to what you like, for example mines:

cyber (like games) fox (favourite animal) 100MF (i like metalwork at school)

WD still has absolutely nothing to do with defence. Do you actually have any idea of what a defence bey is supposed to do? (Protip: it takes hits, something WD is even less capable of than EWD...).

We actually have lists of what is/isn't top tier, so if you were going defensive, those tips are very well known, as they haven't really changed in ages. (WD and EWD are not among them), and it's pretty hard to mess up.

You said defence, and then posted a bey that has horrible defence, if it even lasts long enough to take a hit. If you're making a bey for someone who likes defence types, then why make a bey with very little to do with defence?

Again, there's a difference between "not top tier defence" and "not in the least bit defensive". Srsly, I don't care about your stupid ideas, I just get annoyed when people are being pants-on-head retarded.

Also, make the effort to use the Shift key. It's actually not hard and it will make me a helluva lot less annoyed every time you hit the post button.
(Aug. 31, 2011  9:56 PM)Nwolf Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2011  9:46 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2011  9:43 PM)Nwolf Wrote: yeah, but like a worldwide group you can join, and go to tournaments seperately, and then people can be representing that guild

This is exactly what Beyblading Teams are. I'm really not sure what part of this you're not understanding.

Some Beyblade teams choose to meet up, or are composed of members living near one another that attend tournaments together. The majority of them just do their own thing and rep their team when at tournaments, without necessarily being with other members from the team. Guild = Team.

then how come, the only teams i have seen, are certain places? like europe? or america? i mean a team which is worldwide, so everywhere! and we go to the tournaments with anyone, and.... oh forget it...

anyway, i've just seen all the different colour sharpie pens i have and am thinking of making a rainbow bey!
has anyone else noticed that beys like Night virgo, and i'm guessing all the other of that type of beys are really annoying when it comes to assembly? is it just me? or does the spin track not fully fit in the bit in the metal wheel you put the spin track in? because my night virgo can't spin properly for this reason

I tried to make one, but it ended up as a a failure
Ok look, this was just for fun, these beys weren't meant to be for competitive use, if you want that use the build me a combo thread, i'm just trying to let people have some fun, and perhaps have some fun in the meantime.

I looked at the tier list, and WD was one actually:

Fine then, let me restart this th!nk as you wish:

Beat Lyra GB145RSF

I hope this is better for you, also what did you mean about shift key?
That's more of an attack type given RSF's tendency to move, Beat being insanely aggro and GB145 being a suitable attack type track for it. BD145 would have been better...

And I've already answered the "they weren't for competitive use" part twice, which you keep missing, so go back and read more carefully.

As for WD being on the tier list, that's for stamina. If you honestly can't see why it sucks for defense then I don't know what to say other than get out

I meant that you need to actually use it to capitalise words because you rarely make the effort.
Well, finally saw that Gravity Destroyer does just come with a right light launcher. Man...Hasbro really needs to get more left launchers out there, lol.
Ok I give up, I just used this thread:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Tier...d-17-08-11

Sorry if I am being utterly stupid about this whole thing, I just wanted to set up a thing for fun, and I just give up now. Anyway about the capitalizations, yeah I do that alot, sorry about that. Also i'm not very good with combos, but I thought I'd give it a try. Now I see how stupid an idea that was. Can I give it one last try then?

Beat Lyra BD145CS? If it's utter carp I know I shouldn't have bothered and I'll go back to story writing.

Yeah, well tier 3 on that list shouldn't even exist, because those tips are useless for defence (and WD doesn't even belong even there).

That combo is an improvement (though beat is horrible for defence, the music thing is what you're going for). It's defensive enough.
YES! FINALLY!

Yeah I could think of better defence wheels, it's just I thought beat would be better for the music theme. Also thanks for the info th!nk, I have to admit it infuriated me, but atleast now I know what's an ok combo. Atleast I know who to ask for any help!
I am slowly drifting away from the Beyblade hobby...everything is so time consuming.
(Sep. 01, 2011  5:47 PM)BeyFan Wrote: Well, finally saw that Gravity Destroyer does just come with a right light launcher. Man...Hasbro really needs to get more left launchers out there, lol.

Some come with Left Spin launchers. JpOt unboxing came with a left spin one.
(Sep. 01, 2011  9:27 PM)InfiniteLibra Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2011  5:47 PM)BeyFan Wrote: Well, finally saw that Gravity Destroyer does just come with a right light launcher. Man...Hasbro really needs to get more left launchers out there, lol.

Some come with Left Spin launchers. JpOt unboxing came with a left spin one.

I Think It's A Packaging Error If They Come With Right Spin Launchers. Or Another Theory, It Might Be Random? Very Unlikely. I Think It Said On The Box It Comes With A Left, And You Can Use The Right Launcher You Already Have.
(Sep. 01, 2011  9:51 PM)Tris Wrote: I Think It's A Packaging Error If They Come With Right Spin Launchers. Or Another Theory, It Might Be Random? Very Unlikely. I Think It Said On The Box It Comes With A Left, And You Can Use The Right Launcher You Already Have.

I think more have come with a right-spin one than those that come with a left-spin launcher. Furthermore, the image on Entertainment Earth showed a right-spin launcher.
I just watched a few unboxings on youtube. The ripcords and launchers included with Hasbro's Gravity Destroyer are RANDOM. They are certiantly not packaging errors. I have seen 2 reviews that included the L launcher, and the rest all have Right so far. As for ripcords, I do not think I have seen any with the short Left Neo-Dragon winders, but I am sure one's that include those exist as well
God looking at DustyPotatoes' thread really makes me crave some purchases of plastics and hms again. He has everything you could want. Too bad I have only around £40 atm.
I actually saw a photograph of a kid owning VariAres Blue Phantom Ver. I never thought I would see an actual photograph of any of the CoroCoro lottery Beyblades ...
:0

Link? I would really LOVE to see it!!!
OMFG that is bootifull...
(Sep. 02, 2011  5:03 AM)Kai-V Wrote: http://ameblo.jp/warabe-warabe/entry-11000493550.html

That is a rather nice looking Bey. The kid's hairstyle is... well, a testament to the difference between childhood in the US and childhood in Japan, if nothing else.

Hopefully the kid hangs onto that thing forever. I can't even imagine how much collectors would pay for it, but I don't think it'd be worth parting with.