Beyblade Random Thoughts

(May. 23, 2011  12:54 AM)Kai-V Wrote: There was absolutely no pause after the plastics ... The Heavy Metal System was released right after with no break.

Then when was the break? After HMS? All I know is production stopped at some point. Ahh, I'm such a noob to pre-MFB.
(May. 23, 2011  1:05 AM)Greimatter Wrote: Then when was the break? After HMS? All I know is production stopped at some point. Ahh, I'm such a noob to pre-MFB.

Yes, Beyblade production was suspended only one year after the beginning of the Heavy Metal System.
My attempt at MFB upper attack: MF-H Virgo 90XF.
The problem with it right now: still too damn light. Plus, I cannot control XF for my life. It shows some promise. And th!nk, I know right?
Italian players say that Vulcan has really good Upper Attack. Credits to it's good slope. Also, MF-H Virgo 90XF isn't "too damn light." It's heavy enough to make some damage, but not heavy enough to show amazing Upper capabilities.
I have a painted vulcan and looking at the chipping and parts that become shiny from repeated impact, it doesn't look like upper to me, the wear patterns are more consistend with smash. I'm gonna be the guy who always comes in now and says this, due to the force of metal-on-metal collisions, it's highly unlikely we'll see actual upper in mfb, as nothing stays on the slope of an opposing wheel, combined with the weight of mfb blades, it's unlikely. However, upwards smash, that is, smash in an upward direction, does occur, though as it requires getting under opponents, it's not always reliable. It can create impressive KO's, though.

EDIT: I WAS WRONG ABOUT THE SPIN DIRECTION THING! SORRY EVERYONE!
Would be interesting to see if when using a left spin defence combo against something like screw if screw would have upper attack. What you're saying is probably why L drago was so exciting when released. Tbh if they haven't managed it in nearly three years I'm not very hopeful.
(May. 23, 2011  1:32 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Would be interesting to see if when using a left spin defence combo against something like screw if screw would have upper attack. What you're saying is probably why L drago was so exciting when released. Tbh if they haven't managed it in nearly three years I'm not very hopeful.

If you are referring to BB-23, to be honest everybody was just relieved to finally see a left-spin Beyblade. I doubt people really focused on Upper Attack ...
Exactly. IIRC there was also some question as to whether it would introduce dual spin to MFB (which it didn't), like HMS. Anyway, the thread is still here if you want to have a read: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BB-23-L-Drago-105F
Someone mentioned upper attack, but no one really paid much attention.

Also, here's something else I love about old threads, on page 5, everyone is asking "what's the point of these silly string shooters?" http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BB-23-L-...5#pid74825
At the same time, everyone gets really upset about how LDrago and Wolf are direction-locked.

EDIT:UPPER REQUIRES SAME SPIN, SO YEAH. MY BAD!
(May. 23, 2011  12:28 PM)th!nk Wrote: I have a painted vulcan and looking at the chipping and parts that become shiny from repeated impact, it doesn't look like upper to me, the wear patterns are more consistend with smash. I'm gonna be the guy who always comes in now and says this, due to the force of metal-on-metal collisions, it's highly unlikely we'll see actual upper in mfb, as nothing stays on the slope of an opposing wheel, combined with the weight of mfb blades, it's unlikely. However, upwards smash, that is, smash in an upward direction, does occur, though as it requires getting under opponents, it's not always reliable. It can create impressive KO's, though.

Oh, and for proper upper ypu need to be spinning in the opposite direction to your opponent, and there are obvious limitations on mfb there.

Well, I have a painted Vulcan too, and I keep re-painting after every week of usage. My point is, it's battle scars and paint chipping is a lot on the upper part of the edge. Besides, I said Italians say, I was not sure of it.

But, you're right. I think Vulcan has this "upwards smash."
(May. 23, 2011  2:57 PM)Electric Wrote:
(May. 23, 2011  12:28 PM)th!nk Wrote: I have a painted vulcan and looking at the chipping and parts that become shiny from repeated impact, it doesn't look like upper to me, the wear patterns are more consistend with smash. I'm gonna be the guy who always comes in now and says this, due to the force of metal-on-metal collisions, it's highly unlikely we'll see actual upper in mfb, as nothing stays on the slope of an opposing wheel, combined with the weight of mfb blades, it's unlikely. However, upwards smash, that is, smash in an upward direction, does occur, though as it requires getting under opponents, it's not always reliable. It can create impressive KO's, though.

Oh, and for proper upper ypu need to be spinning in the opposite direction to your opponent, and there are obvious limitations on mfb there.

Well, I have a painted Vulcan too, and I keep re-painting after every week of usage. My point is, it's battle scars and paint chipping is a lot on the upper part of the edge. Besides, I said Italians say, I was not sure of it.

But, you're right. I think Vulcan has this "upwards smash" but then again, for proper Upper Attack you require opposite spin.

I am really sorry dude, but you are wrong. Both beys must spin in same direction.
As proof, beywiki
I may be wrong, but that's what the wiki says, and because I follow beywiki a lot, my knowledge is influenced by it....
WAIT, MY BAD! Upper attack requires SAME SPIN!!!

So, LDrago doesn't really do upper because of that, I guess, and the rest are for the other reasons I mentioned.
I think one of the big benefits of upper is that you didn't have to deal with recoil so much, with upwards smash you do.

And my vulcan, haven't re-painted, is all polished at the front, TBH that slope isn't long or good enough for proper upper, but it gets under and smashes, hence the chips. I was kinda watching TV when I made my last post.
Seeing as I can't see my last post to edit it, but Jan, you're completely correct, I just noticed it myself, and was editing it when you posted.
Again, MY BAD EVERYONE. I HERP'D AND I DERP'D AND I MADE A WRONG POST Unhappy
(May. 23, 2011  3:03 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: I am really sorry dude, but you are wrong. Both beys must spin in same direction.
As proof, beywiki
I may be wrong, but that's what the wiki says, and because I follow beywiki a lot, my knowledge is influenced by it....

I read that thing too, but, I thought that wasn't updated or something. I was misleaded.

Sorry for confusion. Corrected.
@th!nk-Well, no problem! We are humans, you know!
Still, I always believed Lightning L Drago had upper, because it had that upper mode... Before I came here, all my knowledge was influenced by the anime. Unluckily, I had to suffer big losses because of that...
Back on topic, most Left Spin beys might produce that 'Upper Smash' that you mentioned. On the other hand, LLD does have Upper, but that was produced only against a Dragoon G of the plastic generation. You see, both spin left, and LLD100HF is WAY to low than Dragoon G. The upper attacks seen in battles between MFB and plastic generation beys, are awesome, and reasonably violent. So, as you said, the only reason why there is almost 'no upper attack' in MFB is because of the weight, metal to metal contact, etc..

Electric- Yeah, even I thought it wasn't updated..... Tongue_out
(May. 23, 2011  3:13 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: @th!nk-Well, no problem! We are humans, you know!
Still, I always believed Lightning L Drago had upper, because it had that upper mode... Before I came here, all my knowledge was influenced by the anime. Unluckily, I had to suffer big losses because of that...
Back on topic, most Left Spin beys might produce that 'Upper Smash' that you mentioned. On the other hand, LLD does have Upper, but that was produced only against a Dragoon G of the plastic generation. You see, both spin left, and LLD100HF is WAY to low than Dragoon G. The upper attacks seen in battles between MFB and plastic generation beys, are awesome, and reasonably violent. So, as you said, the only reason why there is almost 'no upper attack' in MFB is because of the weight, metal to metal contact, etc..

Electric- Yeah, even I thought it wasn't updated..... Tongue_out

Haha, yeah, I remember your first month or two. You've improved a helluva lot since then though.
Yeah, I can see plastics being lifted by MFB, because they're light and the plastic dampens the recoil. I thought BD145 in Boost Mode would help upper if anything, but Hell is too heavy, really. Thanks to that weight, you need the metal on metal contact to be effective, and that's why even in boost mode Hell does well defensively.
(May. 23, 2011  3:20 PM)th!nk Wrote: Haha, yeah, I remember your first month or two. You've improved a helluva lot since then though.
Yeah, I can see plastics being lifted by MFB, because they're light and the plastic dampens the recoil. I thought BD145 in Boost Mode would help upper if anything, but Hell is too heavy, really. Thanks to that weight, you need the metal on metal contact to be effective, and that's why even in boost mode Hell does well defensively.

speaking of Hell Kerbecs in boost mode, a MF Quetzalcoatl 100 SF/WF has no recoil when under HK, and Quetz just simply forces HK of balance

Edit: it can be simply solved with Hell Kerbecs in normal mode
Really? I should get around to buying Quetz...
On the downside, well, upside for me, I just won a new guitar pedal on ebay, so I have to hold back on the beys for a couple weeks.

Are you at all able to post videos?

If not, if someone who is reading this likes making videos and has the parts, a side-on would be really interesting.
(May. 23, 2011  3:34 PM)th!nk Wrote: Really? I should get around to buying Quetz...
On the downside, well, upside for me, I just won a new guitar pedal on ebay, so I have to hold back on the beys for a couple weeks.

Are you at all able to post videos?

If not, if someone who is reading this likes making videos and has the parts, a side-on would be really interesting.

yeah i could do a vid, also i wouldnt think you shold buy quetz it looks nice, but seriously does suck (great in standard stadium, not BB-10) it is a fun bey tho, i might get another for collection only
Yeah, I want at least one of every part, I need WF (though I'd probably get Bakushin Susanoo first). The silver Quetz is still the prettiest Pre-HWS wheel, and I can repaint a gold one if I can't get a silver one cheap enough.

If you could do that video, that would be totally awesome Grin
(May. 23, 2011  3:45 PM)th!nk Wrote: Yyeah, I want at least one of every part, I need WF (though I'd probably get Bakushin Susanoo first). The silver Quetz is still the prettiest Pre-HWS wheel, and I can repaint a gold one if I can't get a silver one cheap enough.

If you could do that video, that would be totally awesome Grin

hahaa i was doing the vid and my sister opened my door, and nearly crushed the stadium but i saved it with my arm Joyful_2
OHNOES! D:

Also, I just bought a silver quetz. It was cheap, and real (I've bought from the seller before, etc etc). So yay!
(May. 23, 2011  4:07 PM)th!nk Wrote: OHNOES! D:

Also, I just bought a silver quetz. It was cheap, and real (I've bought from the seller before, etc etc). So yay!

lol, its a nice looking bey, how much was it?

also just finnished filming now to edit and upload
like 25 AU, which is good for silver. It said 145D on the auction, but the images showed 90WF, and I'm guessing they got confused or whatever.

Awesome, man, that was quick. Thanks a bunch Smile
(May. 23, 2011  4:24 PM)th!nk Wrote: like 25 AU, which is good for silver. It said 145D on the auction, but the images showed 90WF, and I'm guessing they got confused or whatever.

Awesome, man, that was quick. Thanks a bunch Smile

cool, it might take 20-60 minutes to upload tho, so dont rush anything Joyful_2

Edit: AHHHHHH!!! the iPod update is taking forever all i want to do is upload 1 vid ¬¬
You mean this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_29z5s37TQ ?

That is pretty cool ! It really made Hell Kerbecs go crazy.

Neat work, Callum6939.
Thanks man Grin Great video!
Curious, does using a different tip on Quetz, like MF, allow it to stay standing better? With the right launch you should be able prevent it hanging around the ridge for too long, even when launched quite strongly.

PS. Libra is an old bey, it's pretty good yeah Tongue_out

Another thing: I may reconsider my feelings towards DS a little, it does seem quite handy sometimes.