Beyblade Random Thoughts

(May. 21, 2011  6:45 PM)Mr. N Wrote:
(May. 21, 2011  5:59 PM)® Wrote: Waaooooo Otsu Tired;. Also I might get MLD URS in June. I think the Rush Ver is kinda my style since red and black is my fav color xD. And we need more testing on the plastic version of the MLD set. Which is the blue one.

Rush is the blue one, IIRC. Also, there has been testing, and Rush and Assault aren't really good.

Edit - Oops, my bad.

Nah, Rush is red, Assault is Blue, both are worse than Absorb, and Lightning. Neither work at all well, they both aim to do what lightning did perfectly already. Rush looks sweet, but it sucks, it's like lightning but not good. It covers the slopes of meteo no matter which mode it's in, and can only reveal the "feet", meaning it doesn't get under beys like it should.
Assault looks promising at first, it has a lot of recoil, but it doesn't hit hard enough, because it's a huge wall of plastic. Lightning again does everything better.

The thing is, the only reason meteo L drago is useful and not totally outclassed is it's rubber. Without it, it's inferior to it's predecessor.

Rush looks sweet, though, and the purple MLD and the facebolts are really nice too. But it's still kinda a waste, you only get one good bey out of it, and a few extra pieces. Meh.

Looks like I've become some kind of horrible news-bearer here with the rubber-lifespan thing Uncertain
Or an Adv Forum wannabe for typing huge BCR's in every thread? Eh? Lmao not hating btw. But personally I would keep them for collection.
My old usertitle was "Forever Verbose". I'm trying to cut it down :c
That said
Tongue_out

Anyway, yeah, same reason I bought Sol Blaze (Eclipse Ver). Totally useless, but man, do the parts look AMAZING. Still, for most people who can't spare the cash, it's a bit of a waste. LRF is totally great though, of course, but not worth that much Tongue_out
But deikailo sells XF for $25 I've heard. Like wow... XF isnt worth half of $50. Its just a mere small little tip. Lmao I LOL'd when I heard that. And I think R145 from hasbro maybe stronger. One of the parts im truly excited for.
Pre- 4D, it's a fair en ough price, as it only came in rare sets. Now it's in the pegasis DX set and rbv7, I doubt it'd be that much any more. Very few people sell LRF, and those that do, it's normally about as much as the MLD reshuffle anyway Uncertain understandable, but eugh.

Actually, there's one on ebay, if you search for it, for 18 bucks, with DF105. Which is actually a really good price. I can't justify it as I have one, but I think I bought from the seller (JH1026) before. Not entirely sure, but yeah.
I was justing reading around and hasbro is going to call basalt horogium "Twisted Tempo" what kind of name is that
One that we've already talked about at length already Tongue_out
Check the "Beyblade Metal Fusion/Metal Masters HOBBY" topic, the discussion is in that thread. Everyone is all "WTFGUISE"
Here's a link to it that also happens to be a link to my initial response: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BEYBLADE...#pid651693
I'm pretty curious as to what the next incarnation of Beyblade will be, once MFB finishes. I hope that they'll do something that involves magnets more.
The magnet feature of magnacore blades was useless though.
id say the would do titanim or sumthing
maybe add metal wheels which can swicth around ( like 4d metal wheel (big bang) but can swicth the big wings with like fangs claws for example)
id like to see some sort of engine gear or magnets though, like different versions
me and my friends made a whole season of beyblades based on this ( pm if u want to talk about it)
Titanium is very expensive, and extremely hard to work with, due to various properties. Casting titanium would be far too expensive for a toy where the current materials are fine. PLUS, titanium is relatively lightweight, which for the most part we don't really want (except for stamina, but yeah).
There's a reason titanium isn't really used for toys.
Also, titanium powder/shavings and non-oxidised titanium surfaces, which can occur from cracks or hitting hard objects, catch fire easy Uncertain

Were you there for engine gears? They broke so easily, and also were kinda sucky.
And the only good thing the Magnetic part of magnacores did was give us casings that head to the Heavy Metal Core of Metal Driger. Which was released with an engine gear by hasbro, ruining it.

Uncertain

That said, a return to the plastics-era customisability and variations would be AMAZING, though somehow, I don't think it'll happen, as it's not that viable economically.
(May. 22, 2011  12:58 PM)th!nk Wrote: Were you there for engine gears? They broke so easily, and also were kinda sucky.

F:D and F:S are a bit like engine gears (except for their automatic), and F:D has had alot of breaks already (not mine haha)
(May. 22, 2011  3:14 AM)Greimatter Wrote: I'm pretty curious as to what the next incarnation of Beyblade will be, once MFB finishes. I hope that they'll do something that involves magnets more.

metal wheel made of magnet, stamina beys, have magnets to push other beys away, defence to attract, attack a unmagnifiable metal

(i know that unmag thing is not a word couldnt find the correct wording)
If the Metal Fight Beyblade series is forced to an end, I doubt TAKARA-TOMY will bring Beyblade back a third time ... With this one, they try to learn from their mistakes.
(May. 22, 2011  1:41 PM)Kai-V Wrote: If the Metal Fight Beyblade series is forced to an end, I doubt TAKARA-TOMY will bring Beyblade back a third time ... With this one, they try to learn from their mistakes.

It'll have to end eventually. Nothing sells forever, at least in the sense of a toy limited to being a spinning top (customisable as it is). Few toylines survive forever. You could say lego, but beyblade is more comparable to a single theme of lego, and even those end eventually.

I wouldn't necessarily rule out a return eventually, if a new anime was produced, they'd sell, they'd just need to take a break until they have a new audience again.
That said, you'd know more about the motivations than me, so I could very well be wrong.
(May. 22, 2011  1:08 PM)Callum6939 Wrote: metal wheel made of magnet, stamina beys, have magnets to push other beys away, defence to attract, attack a unmagnifiable metal

(i know that unmag thing is not a word couldnt find the correct wording)

That's pretty much exactly what I had in mind. Positively/Negatively charged metal wheels to either attract or repel opponents.

(May. 22, 2011  1:41 PM)Kai-V Wrote: If the Metal Fight Beyblade series is forced to an end, I doubt TAKARA-TOMY will bring Beyblade back a third time ... With this one, they try to learn from their mistakes.

Isn't that what the five-year break after plastics was for? I think it's pretty evident that TT cares about the success of Beyblade, I mean, if they're willing to bring it back so many times.
I didn't necessarily mean "end" as in "died out", I meant it as in more of a "This specific generation is pretty popular, but has been running a bit too long. I think we need some kind of switch-up" sort of way. Kind of like what Disney does, and runs shows for three years, then either makes a spin-off from them if they were popular enough, or replaces it with something different.
Bad news: Crying So my parents and I had an argument, and they took away my Meteo, the one that arrived yesterday. D: I also got kicked out of going to the tournament... ;_; I don't know when I'll get Meteo back.

Semi-good news: My Virgo is a 3 min. mold. (I got the one where the chance of a 5 was highest, oh well...)
Welp new random thought. Has anyone noticed that that Thermal and Killer are pretty much Legend wheels, IE remakes of the PHWS beys? Killer = Gemios and Thermal = Pisces.
Welp Omega12, as much as I can't see your post (I can't see page 658. I don't know why. This is frustrating), my email notification told me the first sentence or so. I actually mentioned that when pointing out that the only User-Name available on beybladebattles.com that hadn't been released as a wheel yet was Shadow, and pointed out wolf was the only original wheel that hasn't been "Legend'd Up". (LDrago and Escolpio were later releases, Wolf was there from launch, I think?), and the only practical one left. Also, that Shadow seemed like the kind of thing hasbro would call a "wolf" bey.

Anyway, the others were Pisces and Gemios, which I explained were already done in Thermal and Killer. Some people got very upset by that for some reason.

Of course, Doing LDrago would be impossible given the shape of the Ldrago I CW, compared to original LDrago, and escolpio probably wouldn't hold together with any less metal.

That said, Rock is a LOT like Leone, and Flame resembles Saggitario a little.

Speaking of which, looks like Shadow isn't being released
Counter resembles Leone way more than Rock ever does.

Shadow might be released in another special series, if there is to be a 'Legend Series 2' in the future.

The legend series were released in two waves at a time. Or three, if you count Thunder Libra and Inferno Saggitario as an independent "wave".
In reference to greimatter's post last page, kind of like plastic to HMS. Beyblade was still popular, but they wanted to switch it up.
My random thought: Good thing hasbro is releasing Galaxy pegasis and i think meteo l drago
(May. 22, 2011  8:45 PM)U JELLY BORT? Wrote: Counter resembles Leone way more than Rock ever does.

Shadow might be released in another special series, if there is to be a 'Legend Series 2' in the future.

The legend series were released in two waves at a time. Or three, if you count Thunder Libra and Inferno Saggitario as an independent "wave".

Thunder libra is the only one to be in a wave by itself. nferno and Counter were together.

Legend LDrago could look something like this:

[Image: legendldrago.png]

Now imagine that, only better looking.

Also, it would work, Ldrago CW itself is pretty round.
The angles are all wrong, I believe. When I get my LDrago I'll line them up properly and see, but I was old it would be impractical. At the very least, it would be difficult as unlike other CW's, you can't just hollow out the middle and put in the CW, you have to hollow out the rest of the wheel too.

(May. 22, 2011  5:45 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Bad news: Crying So my parents and I had an argument, and they took away my Meteo, the one that arrived yesterday. D: I also got kicked out of going to the tournament... ;_; I don't know when I'll get Meteo back.

Semi-good news: My Virgo is a 3 min. mold. (I got the one where the chance of a 5 was highest, oh well...)

Man, that sucks. Eventually, you'll be old enough that they can't take stuff away. It's pretty cool.

Yeah, 3-min mold kinda sucks, but it's REALLY rare to get a 5 min mold now. That said, it's probably the second best looking Pre-HWS wheel, after Silver Quetz, and it's still a nice wheel. I just wish someone had one so we could test it against modern stamina combos to see how it does. Uncertain I'd also like to have a shot at figuring out the difference... Uncertain
I've really never seen how People think killer and gemios and Pisces and thermal look that alike. Killer and gemios I guess but pisces looks nothing like thermal at all. One thing is that thermal is a lot wider and a lot thiner, so how is it similar in any way apart from the general shape which is sort of similar.
(May. 22, 2011  3:25 PM)Greimatter Wrote: Isn't that what the five-year break after plastics was for? I think it's pretty evident that TT cares about the success of Beyblade, I mean, if they're willing to bring it back so many times.

There was absolutely no pause after the plastics ... The Heavy Metal System was released right after with no break.