Beyblade Random Thoughts

Hell would be renamed to Hades, I could imagine, since Hades can also refer to that location.
Does anyone have ideas on what could come of the control starters?
They are definitely coming with a new launcher, please correct me if I am wrong.
The Random Booster 8s also seem fairly interesting.
You can never go wrong with a random booster Joyful_3
(May. 19, 2011  4:09 AM)Lexos Wrote: You can never go wrong with a random booster Joyful_3
Yes you can Tongue_out

Up until RBV7, you could get a lot of bad parts from a random booster. And, the plastic gen random boosters weren't all good either. Especially since you could get an attack ring that would be a completely different colour the the rest of the bey in the box.
(May. 19, 2011  3:09 AM)Kai-V Wrote: "Various Soulful Face", hah :
http://i52.tinypic.com/2w672va.jpg

Are we still suppose to believe that a bitbeast resides in it? LOL
It seemed not Fitting for Ask a Question Get an Answer.

MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145RF or MF-H Hell Kerbecs S130RF?
Well, it did suit Build me a Combo. Stupid
IMO, I think that the BD145 is good. But, I doubt it will scrape(provided you use normal mode).....
S130 is quite good, but I think its a Defense track.... So, even though I am confused about scraping, I think it'll be BD145 track combo. Its better.
I like Leone as an attack but i don't own it i have seen it KO libra and earth . On the topic of libra i wonder why it was banned leone pegasis and quetz could KO it. then when RS was released LLD could KO it so i do wonder why it got banned in the first place ?
This Metal Face Remodeling Version is just... so... DEEP.. and soulful... *dreamy stare*

I find BD145, if it's in Normal Mode, clashes with the BD145 of BasaltBd145MB, meaning you lose regularly, but it does let you KO the CS version sometimes. Doesn't scrape too much. That may have been on R2F though, I'm not sure. RF may lack the required POWAH! Haven't tried it on S130 yet though Confused

Libra destabilised and twisted the metagame, Libra CH120RF could manage against almost everything, until RS came along. It shut down attack, KO'd stamina, and had a semi-decent chance of defeating defence customs. You either used it, or you used a counter to it.
That's pretty much basalt these days , with the exception of the lightning tank , max meteor etc.
Also i am actually surprised that MF-H midnight bull gb145R2F could KO Earth bull r145 rsf same with inferno but i think people would expect that Smile i wonder if Bull is any good and i really want a leone for some strange reason Confused
Removing basalt alone doesn't make things better. It opens up Beat to dominate the metagame, while other atack wheels are still dominated by BD145 and 230. The metagame is somewhat balanced, given Beat's testing to show true win rates. And, MM and LT also further balance it. It's a fair enough metagame, it's just very narrow, however to fix it would result in a metagame unrepresentative of that allowed in TT tournaments, and it would be imbalanced each time a new part was released.
That said it is of course a rather narrow metagame. This is why there is a proposal of and, from what I can see, much support for, a second format, banning all the over-powered and "over-powered but checked by other overpowered parts". I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about, right?

I'm quite sure Leone is actually considered better than Bull for attack, at least, MF Leone H145RF was apparently reasonably popular in Italy until one of the new defense parts destroyed it. That said, I've got both coming in the mail, along with Saggitario and the original LDrago.
Lucky i think i might order some metal system beys soon , also i am completely against the banning of basalt as like you said will make the metagame unbalanced. That said if we were to ban all the over powered parts wouldn't Libra become dominant again unless i am assuming it being over powered which IMO its not but even if the second format happens something else will dominate the meta game . Who new spinning tops could be so confusing
That's all discussed in the thread, Libra isn't that overpowered, as in the proposed new metagame, we have RS/RSF, and against RS, Libra get's extremely poor (0% in some cases IIRC) results against defence, and it generally has a touch more trouble with new attack parts, plus Metal Flat, if legal, is an option to maintain a little control and attacking force while adding stamina to attack types, if you can avoid being KO'd you can survive. The talk of unbanning occured before the maximum series.
That said, it does limit the metagame a little, reducing the use of older wheels, but without it, attack becomes arguably too powerful. That's why I'm for making it's ban/not-ban a temporary thing, while we see if it overpowers the metagame, or, if it's banned, if the metagame becomes too attack-dominated.

This has all been discuss in the "second format testing" thread, so if we are to carry on this discussion, I'd suggest we all post there instead Smile
(May. 19, 2011  4:19 AM)BeyFan Wrote:
(May. 19, 2011  4:09 AM)Lexos Wrote: You can never go wrong with a random booster Joyful_3
Yes you can Tongue_out

Up until RBV7, you could get a lot of bad parts from a random booster. And, the plastic gen random boosters weren't all good either. Especially since you could get an attack ring that would be a completely different colour the the rest of the bey in the box.

I felt as though I didn't have to expand on that -.-
i wonder if anyone just like never puts stickers on a bey and just leave it bland
Wow after looking at the drama on bluezee's thread, I kinda miss Roan. He would give out warnings and lock it down... Wish I wasn't so harsh with him in the first place.. =/. Plus its kinda weird that LLD multi hut mode has pretty good destablizing.......
CloneTOS, sometimes I don't put stickers on because I like the plain look of some CW's, and hate the way stickers come off. I rarely put stickers on the MW because of how easily they fall off and because it could dull the metal-on metal impacts. Meh.

not really beyblade related but in response to the argument stuff (Click to View)

I'm not that surprised LLD's multi hit mode has some use. I'd imagine removing the stickers from mine might help that a little. Still, I can't get my LT to work anyway. Working on it Tongue_out
(May. 19, 2011  3:20 PM)th!nk Wrote: But yeah, it's pretty horrible to see everyone arguing like that, especially when committee members got involved with the off-topic argument. I'm not blaming anyone, I just think sometimes, you've gotta stop when it's getting out of hand.

We are all Community Managers. Actually, that was supposed to be entirely my job when Brad left but how can you be an administrator and not manage the community.

So, yes, there was obvious off-topic and we should have stopped it, but at the same time, there was a bigger, deep sentiment that we thought was not healthy for this community and that we found had to be addressed. We did not even really speak about that among ourselves before we intervened, it is just something that we came to develop as a Committee. Probably what makes people administrators or not.
(May. 19, 2011  3:20 PM)th!nk Wrote: CloneTOS, sometimes I don't put stickers on because I like the plain look of some CW's, and hate the way stickers come off. I rarely put stickers on the MW because of how easily they fall off and because it could dull the metal-on metal impacts. Meh.

not really beyblade related but in response to the argument stuff (Click to View)

I'm not that surprised LLD's multi hit mode has some use. I'd imagine removing the stickers from mine might help that a little. Still, I can't get my LT to work anyway. Working on it Tongue_out

huh emphasis on the TOS much? anyway I like stickers it adds that customization for well its aesthetic not needed but optional and I like that
(May. 19, 2011  3:25 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 19, 2011  3:20 PM)th!nk Wrote: But yeah, it's pretty horrible to see everyone arguing like that, especially when committee members got involved with the off-topic argument. I'm not blaming anyone, I just think sometimes, you've gotta stop when it's getting out of hand.

We are all Community Managers. Actually, that was supposed to be entirely my job when Brad left but how can you be an administrator and not manage the community.

So, yes, there was obvious off-topic and we should have stopped it, but at the same time, there was a bigger, deep sentiment that we thought was not healthy for this community and that we found had to be addressed. We did not even really speak about that among ourselves before we intervened, it is just something that we came to develop as a Committee. Probably what makes people administrators or not.

Yeah, community management is always going to be part of any administrators job.

That's completely fair, and I'm definitely in no position (and have no desire) to argue with you over what is and isn't appropriate/correct. If it were me I would have moved it all to a different thread is all, to keep the discussion in that thread focussed on the actual combo Smile Not saying that that is necessarily any better (I have 0 experience in managing large communities), it's just what I would have done (i.e. not worth anything) Tongue_out I think I can see where everyone was coming from, though. My main concern was that the thread had already been totally derailed once, and I didn't enjoy watching it happen again. Smile

(May. 19, 2011  3:28 PM)Clonetos Wrote: huh emphasis on the TOS much? anyway I like stickers it adds that customization for well its aesthetic not needed but optional and I like that

Sorry, used to TOS as "Terms of Service". For some reason If find myself writing it in capitals quite often Tongue_out Sometimes, I like to keep them plain if I like the colours and feel the stickers don't complement it well. A lot of random booster beys with the original colour stickers are like that Uncertain
(May. 19, 2011  3:37 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(May. 19, 2011  3:25 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

Yeah, community management is always going to be part of any administrators job.

That's completely fair, and I'm definitely in no position (and have no desire) to argue with you over what is and isn't appropriate/correct. If it were me I would have moved it all to a different thread is all, to keep the discussion in that thread focussed on the actual combo Smile Not saying that that is necessarily any better (I have 0 experience in managing large communities), it's just what I would have done (i.e. not worth anything) Tongue_out I think I can see where everyone was coming from, though. My main concern was that the thread had already been totally derailed once, and I didn't enjoy watching it happen again. Smile

(May. 19, 2011  3:28 PM)Clonetos Wrote: huh emphasis on the TOS much? anyway I like stickers it adds that customization for well its aesthetic not needed but optional and I like that

Sorry, used to TOS as "Terms of Service". For some reason If find myself writing it in capitals quite often Tongue_out Sometimes, I like to keep them plain if I like the colours and feel the stickers don't complement it well. A lot of random booster beys with the original colour stickers are like that Uncertain
eh its all good....hey whats your thought on Zurufa instead of giraffe to me I think its actually awesome think about GO ZURAFA! then again i do use some arabic words heck one of my monsters is named Karaha which is arabic for hate.
I posted my thoughts in the thread. Zurafa sounds cool, I just think it's an odd choice because paranoid people will get enraged Tongue_out
(May. 19, 2011  3:50 PM)th!nk Wrote: I posted my thoughts in the thread. Zurafa sounds cool, I just think it's an odd choice because paranoid people will get enraged Tongue_out
they can suck it besides giraffe doesnt sound intemidating (well they are violent but still) I dont wanna think of jeffery giraffe when i battle i wanna think of that kick butt creature that it represents!
There were much worse names they could have chosen other than Zurafa.

Also some other part names we will never see due to Trademark:
Bear
Pig
Dragon
Horse
Puppet
fish
frog
seal/walrus
octopus
turtle
bird
duck
bovine
canine (So much for Infernal Canine for Hell Kerbecks)
lion
tiger
and a bunch more.
(May. 19, 2011  4:21 PM)Omega12 Wrote: There were much worse names they could have chosen other than Zurafa.

Also some other part names we will never see due to Trademark:
Bear
Pig
Dragon
Horse
Puppet
fish
frog
seal/walrus
octopus
turtle
bird
duck
bovine
canine (So much for Infernal Canine for Hell Kerbecks)
lion
tiger
and a bunch more.

I hope companies are paying a lot to maintain those trademarks, because those are just stupid.
No more stupid than T-Mobile's claim that Engadget Mobile using pink on their site was a breach of their "trademark". This resulted in a couple of days in which a large portion of major tech blogs turned pink in support.
/nerd

The things one can trademark are stupid, and a lot of people will ignore them as most courts won't really call it practical. That said, Hasbro don't need the risk, it's bad for investors and stock prices Tongue_out