Beyblade Random Thoughts

Also: MLD is kinda like Dragoon F, in the colouring and that it has a different material built in for shock absorption.
so guize, i herd u leiked making olde beys wit nu parts....I can make Flame Pegasus by using Flame and Pegasis. Ar har har har har har har har har

No, but really. I never thought of Meteo being like Dragoon F until now, mostly for the fact that Dragoon F's AR was worthless and Meteo has a decent amount of use. But I can totally see the similarity now. This blows my mind.
Heh, I lol'd.

Also, HEY, DUDE, BACK OFF, Dragoon F's AR wasn't totally useless. It still had decent spike/smash, plus, I always found it had decent balance/survival compared to other Attack AR's. Well, it was better than Dragoon GT, anyway. Tongue_out
I LOVED that AR. It's not 8-spiker by any stretch, but it's not bad. But then, I don't know that much about official plastics.

Speaking of which, turns out that's rare now. I paid 15 bucks for one, shame the EG broke and I lost my
AR: Dragoon F
WD: Probably an Illegally heavy Circular one, lighter than my main one, though.
SG: Dragoon GT
BB: Dranzer GT
Tip: Dranzer GT

Combo. It wasn't great, but I WANT MY DRAGOON F AR. My first broke, and I lost my second. I spent moths searching for that bey as a Kid. Happiest day when I got it. (When I first saw it I "stupidly" chose the "useless" Driger S instead, just for 8-Heavy. Eventually I realised the tip was a beast. Only upon finding the WBO did I realise that I was teh idiots, it was one of the best beys ever. Heh).
No harm meant by that! I remember desperately trying to find use for it back in the day, but always ended up using Smash Turtle (until 8-Spiker came out).

All this talk of plastics is burning a hole in my wallet, giving me these urges to pay exuberant amounts for antiquated plastic spinning tops. Damn you nostalgia!
(May. 18, 2011  4:45 PM)th!nk Wrote: When I first saw it I "stupidly" chose the "useless" Driger S instead, just for 8-Heavy. Eventually I realised the tip was a beast. Only upon finding the WBO did I realise that I was teh idiots, it was one of the best beys ever. Heh

Yeah, one of the most useful beys made. Base was extremely useful, as well as the AR being great for zombie combos.

(May. 18, 2011  4:48 PM)Evan Wrote: All this talk of plastics is burning a hole in my wallet, giving me these urges to pay exuberant amounts for antiquated plastic spinning tops. Damn you nostalgia!

YJA is your friend! I get a lot of rare plastics for cheap prices there.
(May. 18, 2011  4:49 PM)BeyFan Wrote:
(May. 18, 2011  4:45 PM)th!nk Wrote: When I first saw it I "stupidly" chose the "useless" Driger S instead, just for 8-Heavy. Eventually I realised the tip was a beast. Only upon finding the WBO did I realise that I was teh idiots, it was one of the best beys ever. Heh

Yeah, one of the most useful beys made. Base was extremely useful, as well as the AR being great for zombie combos.

Even more so than that, it could hold it's own un-customized. I had so many multiples of this bey because of it's multitude of use.

Tiger Defense - One of the best compact defense and zombie ARs.
Metal Change Base - One of the BEST bases ever for stamina, defense, and balance.

2 standard grey-white ones
Phantom Force smokey grey one
A Gold Takara one
and Hasbro's Jumping base (I only include this because it basically was Driger S with a terrible jumping base).

(May. 18, 2011  4:49 PM)BeyFan Wrote:
(May. 18, 2011  4:48 PM)Evan Wrote: All this talk of plastics is burning a hole in my wallet, giving me these urges to pay exuberant amounts for antiquated plastic spinning tops. Damn you nostalgia!

YJA is your friend! I get a lot of rare plastics for cheap prices there.

I'm always so confused when I want to order from YJA. I don't really understand (even with the topic here on WBO) how to order, what happens if I lose, how I calculate shipping, or how to even find when things are ending (stateside).
I rarely saw any of the main character's V-series beys here, I wanted a bunch of them, but yeah, they never appeared anywhere I looked. Couldn't get many G-series ones either. Eh.
I lost my Draciel S AR along with the super-cool Blue Dragon bitbeast that came with Dragoon F. Some kid stole it from me. Uncertain Also, I can't find my fake trypio AR. That was cool, though.
Out of the box it was basically the perfect compact combo, given what was released at the time. 10-Heavy isn't a huge change, though the ?HMC? would be. I personally use War Lion for the AR, but yeah.

I have a gold Sonokong one now, but as I was still in "plastics Modding Mode" when I got it, I shaved the inside of the BB a little to make it accept regular SG's. I also bought the gold Dranzer S that came with it. I also bought a Galeon. My first beys were Dranzer S and Galzzly (it wasn't really as bad as people make out. Definitely not worth 4 stars for attack, though), quickly followed by Dragoon S (the Blade Base is now broken, the rubber won't stay in). Dranzer S' AR has bitten the dust, and I lost Galzzly's sub-AR. I also had Draciel S.

Other official beys... Hmmm.. Wolborg 4 (parts missing), Rock Bison (Parts missing), Dranzer GT (All but AR and EG missing), Dragoon GT (Broken EG), Dragoon G (recent purchase), Two Dragoon F's (one base and sub AR broken, one AR+Sub AR missing). Got a trygle off a friend. I prefer 8-spiker, though. Transforming Hayate II (lol)

Fakes that I can remember, Gekiryu-Oh or Bistool, Trypio, Draciel F, HongLi Driger F (Broke so fast), Black Galman, Hayate II, Flash Leopard II (with no magnecore, BB broke easily), Wolborg (worked okay, lost the SG, but it made a decent zombie once, by accident). Griffolyon (the AR isn't that bad for spike attack, actually). Dragoon S, original Dragoon thingo (metal tip though Uncertain), Two different, really horrible fake dragoon F's. Master Dragoon (mostly broken), Kid Dragoon (AR broke recently Uncertain ), Master Dranzer, A bunch of fake AR's (Dranzer V, 2x Driger V, Knight Dranzer, Metal Ball Defenser, Flash leopard, 2x Flash Leopard 2). Also, a fake one that I can't remember the name of, but it's listed, it had a tiny sub-ring, really weird. But yeah.

Also, those Kellogs AR's weren't bad. Vulture was a great compact, from my usage, and while the Silvery-grey one wasn't great, it's not that bad, and it works for a specific modded combo I made better than other AR's.

There was one thing the "Star-Ratings" got right, Bump King had the lowest total number of stars I ever saw.

That's a looong list, but it's nice to actually list them off. Tongue_out
Evan i find that using moj is the most painfree way of using yja. Also. If you're in est time zone then japan is 13 hours ahead. So thats how you figure out ending times.
(May. 18, 2011  4:52 PM)Evan Wrote: I'm always so confused when I want to order from YJA. I don't really understand (even with the topic here on WBO) how to order, what happens if I lose, how I calculate shipping, or how to even find when things are ending (stateside).

I'm too lazy to figure out the MOJ stuff...so I just use a middleman service.
Random Hasbro thought: I wonder if/how Hasbro will ever release Vulcan. Also, FIRST BEYBLADE-RELATED POST ON THIS PAGE NOT INVOLVING OLD BEYS! GO NEW STUFF!
Imagine if Hasbro was actually cool like TT/SK.
Hahaha, that would be hilarious.
Seriously, everyone go check out http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BEYBLADE...ters-HOBBY and have a look at the renames (PCC PM'd me to take a look, but seriously, everyone needs to see this).

And I'm sure hasbro WILL release vulcan, it's in the Anime. It may be with a game, or it might be a standalone, we don't know, but I'd be surprised if they didn't release it.
We were all off with our guesses for renames of basalt we were not close apparantley it is "Twisted Tempo" I bet Beafowl is going to be evil peacock and hell kerbecs Mean Doggy ...
sorry for double post
[Beyblade Hasbro Version!]
3, 2, 1, LET IT RIP!!!
GOGO MEAN DOGGEH
[Beyblade Takara Tomy Version!]
3, 2, 1, GOOOOO SHOOOOT!!!
GOGO HELL KERBECS
I mean wtf man.
Hide ya beys hide ya pieces because they be changin names to all these beys up in here
Oh and I believe "Ray Striker's" special move is lightning sword now ...
(May. 18, 2011  7:23 PM)PattyCakeChamp! Wrote: Oh and I believe "Ray Striker's" special move is lightning sword now ...

BWAHAHA!
Well, OBVIOUSLY, we got Hasbro buying rights from Takara Tomy,
They sell in north america, they ruining beyblade's name

so Ya'll better hide yo beys, hide yo kids, hide yo beys, hide yo kids,
And hide yourself cuz they changes every beys name.
Hasbro you got yo striker and yo gasher and you are really dumb, like really dumb, fo' real.
You dont need to come, and confess. We know you by now, we know you by now
So you can run and make that, run and make that, we'll just buy on ebay. E-E-Ebay!!

Awesome is now occurring
(May. 18, 2011  7:17 PM)PattyCakeChamp! Wrote: We were all off with our guesses for renames of basalt we were not close apparantley it is "Twisted Tempo" I bet Beafowl is going to be evil peacock and hell kerbecs Mean Doggy ...

(May. 18, 2011  7:19 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: [Beyblade Hasbro Version!]
3, 2, 1, LET IT RIP!!!
GOGO MEAN DOGGEH
[Beyblade Takara Tomy Version!]
3, 2, 1, GOOOOO SHOOOOT!!!
GOGO HELL KERBECS
I mean wtf man.

Hey, if hasbro released it as "Mean Doggeh" I would have no qualms about calling it that. That name is sicknuts.
I can picture Damian with his dubbed Mickey mouse voice like go Mean Doggie use Mean Fence !
something is wrong with my laptop stop double posting !!
LMFAO at Mean Doggeh xD. I was thinking Underworld Puppy at the time when I got my Hellkerbex. Lmao yall funny
I think the closest thing they can use in place of "hell" would be "Terror", since it doesn't fall too close to "Killer" and is in the same range as "evil". As for Kerbecks? Cerberus might not be a major connotation.

EDIT:

In the Solid Iron Faceoff 2-Pack I noticed a Thunder/Infinity Leone. Quite clever since the metal wheel resembles Heat (which later led up to Infinity, really) and Leone which is commonly used by thousands.
"Various Soulful Face", hah :
http://i52.tinypic.com/2w672va.jpg