Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Apr. 30, 2011  5:40 PM)Otsu Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2011  1:24 PM)poseidon Wrote: My set has just came and this is whats included
dranzer g
driger g
dragoon g
tornado attack
pretty good eh . I might sell my attack staduim and use that for testing

Why sell your attack stadium? Tornado attack isn't a legal tournament stadium. Using it for testing would be pointless.

im waiting for advanced members to pass judgement
um why exactly? Just because their advanced they have supposedly have more knowledge? Wrong. Bluezee is one of the most experienced and knowledgable here yet he isn't an advanced member IIRC. IMO there's no point ditching your attack stadium for tornado attack. I mean no one else really has a tornado attack stadium. So testing in it is pointless.
http://ameblo.jp/takunanabey/image-10876...29271.html

Wow... That's a really nice recolor of Fang Leone...
Did he just Spray Paint it or is it a Legit TT produced Recolour.
I don't know. That's why I posted here instead of the Fang Leone topic.

Edit- Google translating it tells you that it's a prize for an unofficial tournament, so no.
That is nice I love the idea of the custom.

Chupa it can still be legal after you paint a bey
Haha Callum I know. I was just thinking if TT produced it that Colour for a Limited Edition or someone just Sprayed the normal one.

Thanks Mr. N
(May. 01, 2011  12:03 AM)Chupa Chups Wrote: Haha Callum I know. I was just thinking if TT produced it that Colour for a Limited Edition or someone just Sprayed the normal one.

Thanks Mr. N

I painted a storm wheel black some time ago, and now I'm dedicated to have that leone for collection, need to find metallic blue acrylic now lol, and black
(Apr. 30, 2011  10:10 PM)poseidon Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2011  5:40 PM)Otsu Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2011  1:24 PM)poseidon Wrote: My set has just came and this is whats included
dranzer g
driger g
dragoon g
tornado attack
pretty good eh . I might sell my attack staduim and use that for testing

Why sell your attack stadium? Tornado attack isn't a legal tournament stadium. Using it for testing would be pointless.

im waiting for advanced members to pass judgement
My judgement is don't bother waiting for one of us.
(Apr. 30, 2011  11:42 PM)Mr. N Wrote: http://ameblo.jp/takunanabey/image-10876...29271.html

There is an actual WBBA recolour that has the same colour scheme ...
http://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/shop/iy_cup.html
(May. 01, 2011  2:53 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2011  11:42 PM)Mr. N Wrote: http://ameblo.jp/takunanabey/image-10876...29271.html

Wow! The one Kai-V just presented looks great too! Sorry for not understanding Japanese, but I'm guessing the one Kai-V presented is obtainable by some tournament Takara is hosting?

They both look great as well as the red F:D and the Pegasis II Special Color!

Thanks for the info, Kai-V!
Is this appropriate to post here? I could've done so in the competitive combos thread, but I decided to do it here since it's a thought that has been bugging me for a while.

I think what the beyblade metagame is evolving into, is use Basalt or you'll use, and members have sorta got the idea in their head now that we must test against Basalt combos. Sure, there is a difference between completely viable and top tier, but if you peek at the first post of the COmpetitve Combos thread in the advanced forum, which no-one bothers to do anymore since its always the only one that gets replied to anymore, instead users are dircted to the last post; combos like Pegasis, L Drago and Vulcan arre still there. Why? I don't know. But perhaps Big Bang and Fang shold be up there too, as you see, they are horrible against Basalt BD145, but maybe Big Bang would've acheived excellent results against an old combo, MF-H Earth Bull GB145CS? There is an exception with ray though, as it's horrible against even RSF on EB...

So yeah. IMO, MF Fang (Counter) S130RF, MF Sag 130RF, MF Big Bang S130RF and if someones willing, maybe even another attack wheel that performed badly against Basalt. Does anyone else ee my reasoning here?

However, I want to give a shoutout to Buezee for helping me realize this, and also for hinting me on these amazing combos. I get great results with Fang and Sag angainst BD, although not as good as Maximum Meteor and Lightning Tank. IKMV too. Thanks guys.
(May. 01, 2011  3:58 AM)✔ Wrote: Quote Removed
True, I do understand what you say. Though there is reasoning why Fang and Big Bang haven't been up yet. It's due to the fact that they haven't had enough testing. If you see the original Basalt Testing thread, you can clearly see it has so many pages. And now, its left alone, because it's in the top.

Now, when I say there hasn't been enough, I mean it. But there still has though:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Big-Bang-Discussion

You can tell Big Bang is not that use full.
(May. 01, 2011  3:18 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote:
(May. 01, 2011  2:53 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

Wow! The one Kai-V just presented looks great too! Sorry for not understanding Japanese, but I'm guessing the one Kai-V presented is obtainable by some tournament Takara is hosting?

They both look great as well as the red FGrin and the Pegasis II Special Color!

Thanks for the info, Kai-V!

Those are prizes for a tournament. Fang Leone and a Gold WBBA face is first prize. F: D and a silver face are 2nd. Pegy CW and bronze face are 3rd prize. And then the red WBBS face is for fourth.
My comments on the tournament Metagame in general:

230 combos
I love the fact that people love to just go in with Basalt 230. I've always seen it as insanely stupid tbh. I don't really understand how no one has noted this yet. If you encounter someone using a decent attack type with sliding shoot you've basically already lost. It's not hard at all to take down 230 combos with Hell Kerbecs BD145(Boost Mode)RF/R2F. I did it very successfully when in the tournament yesterday and very nearly made it to the finals. Bladers in New York are obviously really smart or bladers in the UK are really dumb or think that no one is ever gonna use an attack combo because Bluezee has remarked his amazement that 230 combos dominate tournaments. I've never really liked 230 stamina against 230 stamina either. Which one wins is so down to small factors that you basically might as well pray.

Attack combos
I really want to remove this stigma that people have towards using attack types in tournaments. I see people saying that attack types are risky in tournaments. I find it hard to believe this tbh. If you think they are then you're insane imo. I mean if you think about it makes the most sense using attack. I mean in a tournament metagame like the UK where everyone uses mostly either stamina or defence or balance, attack types are basically a sure way of winning. All you have to do is know how to use sliding shoot which is really not hard at all although the kids I see at tourneys seem to find it impossible although this may be cause they don't own an attack stadium and it is therefore pretty useless.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Ultrablader
Tornado Attack is an infinitely better stadium than the MFB Attack stadium. If they were widely available I would've made them tournament legal. I still hope TT will revise the Attack stadium to be more like this.

(Apr. 30, 2011  11:58 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2011  7:54 AM)blah Wrote: Urgh, all these wannabes. You realise they only want their own site so they can tell people what to, and not to do because they can't be an admin here ? LOL.
He kept asking me to judge tournaments and he was angry when no one would sanction his tournaments. This is why...

IMO, not even Beyblade.com, if they had any direction, would top this site. This site took nearly an entire decade (going back to OtC) to get the reputation it's received.

:')
(May. 01, 2011  2:01 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: My comments on the tournament Metagame in general:

230 combos
I love the factreally? that people love to just go in with Basalt 230. I've always seen it as insanely stupidPeople use what combos they like; I find this very disrespectful tbh. I don't really understand how no one has noted this yet. If you encounter someone using a decent attack typevague description of a beyblade with sliding shoot you've basically already lost. It's not hard at all to take down 230 combosAgain, vague. with Hell Kerbecs BD145(Boost Mode)RF/R2F. I did it very successfully when in the tournament yesterday and very nearly made it to the finals. Bladers in New York are obviously really smart or bladers in the UK are really dumb or think that no one is ever gonna use an attack combo because Bluezee has remarked his amazement that 230 combos dominate tournaments.I stand by that; people play what they like and we play in seperate metagames I've never really liked 230 stamina against 230 stamina either.A nice bit of bias to undermine your argument Which one wins is so down to small factors that you basically might as well pray. ControL_'s 3-1 match versus Hell kid only utilising KOs when using MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH220WB versus MF-H Basalt 230D says otherwise

Attack combos
tldr; I don't know what attack means.

Ultrablader
(May. 01, 2011  2:28 PM)BladeStorm Wrote:
(May. 01, 2011  2:01 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: My comments on the tournament Metagame in general:

230 combos
I love the factreally? that people love to just go in with Basalt 230. I've always seen it as insanely stupidPeople use what combos they like; I find this very disrespectful tbh. I don't really understand how no one has noted this yet. If you encounter someone using a decent attack typevague description of a beyblade with sliding shoot you've basically already lost. It's not hard at all to take down 230 combosAgain, vague. with Hell Kerbecs BD145(Boost Mode)RF/R2F. I did it very successfully when in the tournament yesterday and very nearly made it to the finals. Bladers in New York are obviously really smart or bladers in the UK are really dumb or think that no one is ever gonna use an attack combo because Bluezee has remarked his amazement that 230 combos dominate tournaments.I stand by that; people play what they like and we play in seperate metagames I've never really liked 230 stamina against 230 stamina either.A nice bit of bias to undermine your argument Which one wins is so down to small factors that you basically might as well pray. ControL_'s 3-1 match versus Hell kid only utilising KOs when using MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH220WB versus MF-H Basalt 230D says otherwise

Attack combos
tldr; I don't know what attack means.

Ultrablader

1)Fine maybe be not a fact but I was trying to show that anyone with 230 track normally uses it. I kinda regret paying for one now since it is useless imo.
2)Fine they can use what they want but isn't kinda the point of competing so you can win? 230 combos have a lot of faults that people clearly don't see or recognise. Either that or they don't care.
3)Any 230 combo is pretty vulnerable to 145 attack combos.
4)Yeah so what if they utilise KOs? That doesn't do anything to my argument. Of course TH220 will beat 230 since it will just get under the wheel and destabilise it. No other track has really been high enough to do this. Unless you count M145 but that is due to the gimmick and not the height.
5) How was the attack bit too long? The 230 bit was longer yet you read that... Was that sarcasm that you don't know what an attack type is? Please tell me it was.
(May. 01, 2011  3:20 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: 1)Fine maybe be not a fact but I was trying to show that anyone with 230 track normally uses it. I kinda regret paying for one now since it is useless imouseless is too strong a label for 230.
2)Fine they can use what they want but isn't kinda the point of competing so you can win? 230 combos have a lot of faults that people clearly don't see or recognise. Either that or they don't care. Sometimes, ignorance is needed to enjoy the game
3)AnyBeing a bit too adventurous there 230 combo is pretty vulnerable to 145 attack combos.again, vague
4)Yeah so what if they utilise KOs? That doesn't do anything to my argument. Of course TH220 will beat 230 since it will just get under the wheel and destabilise it. Last time I checked, TH220 is 1mm shorter than 230 - and I'm pretty sure at high angular velocity, Basalt will not tilt a full 45 degrees...No other track has really been high enough to do this.You forget that some wheels sit higher on tracks, some bottoms are taller than others Unless you count M145 but that is due to the gimmick and not the height.
5) How was the attack bit too long? The 230 bit was longer yet you read that... Was that sarcasm that you don't know what an attack type is? Please tell me it was.I'm merely expressing my indifference to how you expressed the concept. Categorisation by types is good to get a base understand of the game, but a little more precision and description is needed for the intimate and finer details of the game.
It's just contempt for a stigma which makes little sense. I mean how is it risky to use if you use a top tier attack combo and are well versed in how to perform sliding shoot? Especially considering the fact that attack combo can be beat both stamina and defence pretty well whereas the other two mainly can't. I believe the defence combo I which can actually stand up to attack types atm is MF Basalt Bull BD145MB/CS which was shown in the tourney partially when someone used a big bang attack combo and it really didn't do much. Granted Big Big isn't the brilliant for attack but seems to have some good attack ability.
(May. 01, 2011  4:16 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: It's just contempt for a stigma which makes little sense. I mean how is it risky to use if you use a top tier attack combo and are well versed in how to perform sliding shoot? Especially considering the fact that attack combo can be beat both stamina and defence pretty well whereas the other two mainly can't. I believe the defence combo I which can actually stand up to attack types atm is MF Basalt Bull BD145MB/CS which was shown in the tourney partially when someone used a big bang attack combo and it really didn't do much. Granted Big Big isn't the brilliant for attack but seems to have some good attack ability.

What do you use when you go to those tournaments then, and how well do you perform ?

I am totally against targetting the amount of Beypoints someone has in general, but yours does not seem that high if you think you know what can easily beat people and that you can apparently use it well.
Until now i've used stamina and i've done terribly. Partially this may be bad luck I guess. And then the first time I use attack I make it into the semi finals and very near to the finals. I have a lot of knowledge on combos but I get it in very little practise due to the fact that I don't live at home and as such am away from my blades a lot. Also i'd like to note that my beypoints don't really have that much to do with my knowledge... I know very well what the best combos were for stamina but when I used them luck turned against me and if you gave me every part could easily make a top tier list so I really don't appreciate what you're saying and concieve it to quite rude tbh. Also what does how good I am have to do with whether my opinion is right or not...
(May. 01, 2011  6:18 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: I make it into the semi finals and very near to the finals.

What tourney had semi finals? Gasp
I thought the last one did. I nearly got to the finals then.
(May. 01, 2011  6:31 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: I thought the last one did. I nearly got to the finals then.

How did you get semi-finals from double elimination? - I am so nonplussed. You didn't even play in the last 2 matches of the group...