Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Apr. 16, 2011  5:08 PM)Azlanslayer Wrote: Is it just me or is Basalt owning the whole Metagame has of now? Even Attack, Defence and Stamina can't stand the awesomeness power of MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145/230CS/MB. Maybe Fang is good, i want to see it in my eyes though. Hope TH170 does something to it Pinching_eyes_2.

um Basalt Bull 230CS is pretty easy to beat with Hell Kerbecs BD145RF. The other one does seem to be very good though and very hard to beat.
(Apr. 16, 2011  8:52 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:
(Apr. 16, 2011  5:08 PM)Azlanslayer Wrote: Is it just me or is Basalt owning the whole Metagame has of now? Even Attack, Defence and Stamina can't stand the awesomeness power of MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145/230CS/MB. Maybe Fang is good, i want to see it in my eyes though. Hope TH170 does something to it Pinching_eyes_2.

um Basalt Bull 230CS is pretty easy to beat with Hell Kerbecs BD145RF. The other one does seem to be very good though and very hard to beat.

Metagame, tournament metagame. Not theoretical play and practice. Sure there are so many combos that can defeat MF-H Basalt 230CS variants, but do you know for sure the opponent uses it?
Yeah well I won a whole round in the meet with my Hell Kerbecs BD145RF against Basalt Bull 230CS actually so not really theoretical play and practise.
(Apr. 16, 2011  9:28 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Yeah well I won a whole round in the meet with my Hell Kerbecs BD145RF against Basalt Bull 230CS actually so not really theoretical play and practise.

Not bashing the combo; as I did use MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145[boost] RF myself today for a positive result. Just wanted you to know the difference between winning a single match and sustaining win streaks needed to qualify for finals (Blitz/ControL_).
is the MS performance tip good because its not good to me if there is a combination that its good with id like to know Stupid
(Apr. 16, 2011  9:48 PM)the_kid98 Wrote: is the MS performance tip good because its not good to me if there is a combination that its good with id like to know Stupid

no, metal sharp is very bad
(Apr. 16, 2011  9:39 PM)BladeStorm Wrote:
(Apr. 16, 2011  9:28 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Yeah well I won a whole round in the meet with my Hell Kerbecs BD145RF against Basalt Bull 230CS actually so not really theoretical play and practise.

Not bashing the combo; as I did use MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145[boost] RF myself today for a positive result. Just wanted you to know the difference between winning a single match and sustaining win streaks needed to qualify for finals (Blitz/ControL_).

I know the difference but it seemed to defeat it pretty easily with that one match.
(Apr. 16, 2011  8:52 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:

There is Quite a Few Combos that Beat it Consistently. The only one is Troubling us is MF-H Basalt Kerbecs/Bull/Aquario BD145MB/CS....

Yes But Bladestorm I see where you are coming from.

Look at all the Young Kids. They will most likely not have access to TT beys Therefore being no Basalt.
But Reality is Alot of Good Bladers will use it at Least once in a Tourney.
We have to find a Counter. Just like Snake Venom, We need a Ant-Venom for each of Snakes Venom. You need to have it Just in Case. You couldnt say "We are not gonna make it because there is a Possibility No one will be Bit."

A counter would be Neccesary I believe. Even just one.

I actually use MF-H Hell Kerbecs R145MF. It works pretty Decent.
(Apr. 16, 2011  11:14 PM)Chupa Chups Wrote: There is Quite a Few Combos that Beat it Consistently. The only one is Troubling us is MF-H Basalt Kerbecs/Bull/Aquario BD145MB/CS....

I haven't seen such combos prevalent in the UK metagame yet. I know of its sucess in the Cherry spring blossom arise (wrong order probably) tournament, but for me it is little/no threat. I've noted Basalt 230CS variants rising in popularity, Hell BD145WD variants popular as ever and Hell BD145RF used frequently. I've also seen other Basalt based combos utilising defence series bottoms on the rise. Mid-height Meteo Absorb combos utilising defence series bottoms is the most sucessful Basalt variant counter so far in the UK, with a win at an unofficial tournament (hell kid) and LeeDraciel edging ControL_ into 3rd at March of the Bladers.

As soon as I got Basalt, I went for MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145MB straight away - it is the heaviest combo and I built it for fun. I was disappointed with it at first, after running through some battles against a variety of concepts and discarded it.
I like Gravity CH120MF against Basalt. It performs Notably for me. Hell BD145WD is also a Good Counter and Personally my Fav Stamina Combo.

I have gone off my MLD ATM. Well for Attack at least. I will have to Try it. Basalt 230 is still a Big Threat But IMO it is Superseded by BasaltBD145.
(Apr. 16, 2011  3:19 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: By next holidays you mean the whole of your summer holiday? You soccer tour can't be that long surely? Mine
is like 2 months.

You live in the England down Under it is Our Winter.

Our July Holidays are 2 Weeks (3 for Private School) The Soccer Tour is 3 Weeks and as I go to a Private School I will not miss any School Smile
well at beywave most people were using basalt 230/bd145/gb145 or libra bd145/gb145 although most of the little children (around 9 years old) used earth combos but the winner of the torney used
basalt bull 230 d (i got eliminted using MLD 90RF it failed so i agree with chupas its pretty carp at attack)
No Its not Black and White like that. I didnt just say it Was carp for Attack. I just dont thin the Combos we are using Really work with it.

But I believe it is in the Process of being Outclassed; yes.
(Apr. 17, 2011  1:12 AM)Chupa Chups Wrote: But I believe it is in the Process of being Outclassed; yes.

meteo getting outclassed? i think not:

(Apr. 16, 2011  3:00 PM)Mr. N Wrote: MF Meteo L-Drago CH145R²F VS MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS
Standard Procedures
Meteo L-Drago Win Rate - 60% (5KOs, 1OS)

MF Meteo L-Drago CH145LRF VS MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS
Standard Procedures
Meteo L-Drago Win Rate - 70% (6KOs, 1OS)

(Apr. 16, 2011  3:26 AM)Mr. N Wrote: MF Lightning L-Drago CH145R²F VS MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS
Standard Procedures
Lighting L-Drago Win Rate - 20% (2KOs)

MF Lightning L-Drago CH145LRF VS MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS
Standard Procedures
Lighting L-Drago Win Rate - 30% (3KOs)

:\
Well, I was just playing around with MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS, and the only combo that could consistently defeat it was MF-F Meteo L-Drago 85MF by one or two rotations. I'll test it more later.

Edit - Well, the good thing about Meteo is that if it doesn't KO, it can Spin Equalize when it's about to stop spinning. I did Lightning tests last night and Meteo tests this morning. I might have just been tired or suck using Lightning...
I like how MF-F doesn't have any metal at all ^^:

Can't wait until my friend get's his BB-10 in the mail. Now my LLD will be unbeatable ^______^
(Apr. 17, 2011  2:41 AM)Nano Wrote: I like how MF-F doesn't have any metal at all ^^:

Can't wait until my friend get's his BB-10 in the mail. Now my LLD will be unbeatable ^______^

(Apr. 16, 2011  3:26 AM)Mr. N Wrote: MF Lightning L-Drago CH145R²F VS MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS
Standard Procedures

Standard Procedures

-__- I mean against my friends combos. Of course I couldn't beat a combo like MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS. However, I might. I believe more in skill, then tier.
(Apr. 17, 2011  2:47 AM)Nano Wrote: -__- I mean against my friends combos. Of course I couldn't beat a combo like MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS. However, I might. I believe more in skill, then tier.

Ahh I see. Yeah, go show them the true power of L-Drago.
Today I ordered Ray Unicorno does any1 think its a good bey
(Apr. 17, 2011  3:02 AM)goon37 Wrote: Today I ordered Ray Unicorno does any1 think its a good bey

Bottom is very good.
Yes it is. But this Should go in Purchase consultation Or Recent Beyblade Purchases.
(Apr. 17, 2011  2:03 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
(Apr. 17, 2011  1:12 AM)Chupa Chups Wrote: But I believe it is in the Process of being Outclassed; yes.

(Apr. 16, 2011  3:00 PM)Mr. N Wrote: MF Meteo L-Drago CH145R²F VS MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS
Standard Procedures

Standard Procedures

Standard Procedures

Standard Procedures

These results are Innacurate.

LLD is by Far better than Meteo.

I'd love to see on Video MLD beating Basalt BD145 Uncertain
(Apr. 17, 2011  3:13 AM)Chupa Chups Wrote: These results are Innacurate.

I'd love to see on Video MLD beating Basalt BD145 :/
Just speculating, but it's probably because LLD could only touch Basalt with its Clear Wheel (which doesn't hit too hard) while MLD was able to hit it with the rubber components of L Drago II (which is the Bey's strongest Smash points). :\

But TBH, I find MF-H Basalt 230CS to be pretty weak.
A MF-L Gravity Perseus CH120R2F (Perseus Attack Ver., Counter Mode, Right Spin) can KO it with ease. (The R2F is pretty fresh though, so it's kinda tall.)

Or maybe it's just that I'm used to MF-H Basalt BD145CS.
Yeah I actually thought a Similar thing. But it was about MLD being able to Steal spin form the Underneath and LLD having nothing on its CW. I still think LLD should of got a Better result though.

I agree with you fully. It has a Massive weakness to any Gravity Attack Combo. It is easy to take down with The Beys that are Capable Just off the top of my Head I can think about 7 That can.
(Apr. 17, 2011  3:13 AM)Chupa Chups Wrote: Yes it is. But this Should go in Purchase consultation Or Recent Beyblade Purchases.
(Apr. 17, 2011  2:03 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:

Standard Procedures

Standard Procedures

Standard Procedures

Standard Procedures

These results are Innacurate.

I'd love to see on Video MLD beating Basalt BD145 Uncertain

I found a combo that could beat it by 1 or 2 revolutions. I stated it earlier. Unfortunately, I have no experience in video-making, so maybe someone else could do it? The combo is MF-F Meteo L-Drago 85MF. I don't own MB, but it beat the CS variation for me at least.
I was just looking at a new bey I got (Screw Capricorn) and noticed something weird, if you use a three sided wheel (Screw, Storm, Galaxy, Ray, etc.) with a three sided clear wheel like Unicorno, there are two possible ways to attach the clear wheel, both of which expose the metal wheel in different ways, spooky

Update: I think Unicorno and Aries are the only three sided wheels.