Beyblade Random Thoughts

I view it more so that since their primary consumer base is children they don't need to work too hard to position this like a fad. The tie in cartoon is working, the merchandise is popping up and kids are following other kids lead. I'm sure in the previous launch of beyblade many kids played the game because it was the cool thing to do.

It's already evident by the prices on the aftermarket. The past 3 months have seen a decline in prices. The initial craze has slowed down and consumers are not willing to spend as much on these tops as they originally were.

I don't see most toy companies getting critiqued on their marketing unless it's inappropriate, this includes North America so I'm not too sold on the complacency argument. Only very 'involved' players in communities such as this really take the time to critique their current business strategy.

Most kids and parents for toys end up voting with their wallets, not their voice.
You should keep in mind how much more heavily parents are involved in Japan than the Western world. Every single Japanese Beyblade website is administered by adults, not kids or teens.
(Oct. 31, 2009  1:10 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: You should keep in mind how much more heavily parents are involved in Japan than the Western world. Every single Japanese Beyblade website is administered by adults, not kids or teens.

Beyblade Damashii being the best example of this, still remember him saying about taking his children to tournaments and preparing multiple bearing cores for them.
It's a real shame that it never came back, but I'd assume that his children are now at an age where they wouldn't be interested in beyblade anymore.
(Oct. 30, 2009  2:19 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: That is not the main problem at all. Without the Clear Wheel they are much lighter than pre-HWS Metal Wheels. I do not see at all how this can be described as the "main problem". The main problem is that they are a lazy tactic to re-use Metal Wheels, and that they reduce the designable surface by 50%.

I was honestly about to post this if someone tried to rebuke my rant in the Mirage Virgo thread. I'm glad to see you and I agree on this as well as several others. In fact, Kei, you actually beat me in feeling contempt for HWS because I still had a bit of hope for them after they were announced and we all new the plastic pieces would do virtually nothing.
thry dont do vitually nothing
they do Absoulutley nothing
(Nov. 01, 2009  3:54 PM)lahtel Wrote: thry dont do vitually nothing
they do Absoulutley nothing

wahahha..
I stand corrected.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I just lost one of my Dragoon MS's. Been trying to find it for a day.

I just got it too Unhappy
ahhhh i'm sory to hear that khel, hope you find it in the end.
Aww... too bad Khel... I'm positive it will pop up soon!
what ive noticed is that the prongs on the launchers dont get stress marks when use with just HWS beys,so to me it seems like they tried to fix that problem without actully fixing it >_>

comarping MFB to when plastics were 1st realsed they realy havent changed the game play in a decent way,and havent realy realsed alot of decent parts.TT realy needs to start getting more creative
I'm sure when Hasbro start to release the MFB's they'll make new parts that are more creative like they did with the plastic beys and they will most likely change the names of some.
hasbro made there own parts with plastics Confused?i thought they just made alot of parts wrong LOL
Well they did but they was more creative which is what your saying for TT to get more creative.
yeah i get what you mean,but still i think theres quite abit more TT could do with HWS if they put the effort in
Yeah they could put they are being lazy peices of carp which we can't really do nothing about apart from complain to them by email or some way of contact but they would just completley ignore it.
yeah i know argh its so fustrating only haveing a small amount of parts that are actully usefull,why didnt they just do something like they did with HMS and use concepts that they knew worked and adding abit of new stuff which was intresting
Guys imagine a track 10 so like Quetz 10RF
Yes and it will fail miserably because of the lack of height and scrap the stadium with the metal wheel.
No not necessarily because Quets is supposed to have upper attack and so it will it the bottom of the opponents mfb and will make it flip up.
But it won't spin that well because the Wheel will constantly scrap the stadium like Felgrand said.
Fine then a track 20.
I doubt a Bottom will be easy to attach to such a short Track anyway.
I mean Quetz attackthe bottom not the other way round.
(Nov. 02, 2009  1:21 PM)cutewolfsam Wrote: I mean Quetz attackthe bottom not the other way round.
What I meant is that you need a certain height on the lower part of your Track in order to attach the Bottom, RF in this case, to it. However, 10 and 20 would easily be dissimulated by the small 'walls' that encase the Track in the Wheel, so you could not use those Tracks with any Bottom.
Oh ok then i thought like any track from 10 up could work with any bottom lol.