Beyblade Random Thoughts

That is true Brad i agree and also Battle Strikers arn't designed to vs beyblade in general and if they were then guys obviously they would last longer in battle. So can we please drop the whole thing about battle strikers will never be as good as beyblade/MFB because it is getting kinda boring, and plus battle strikers take different strategy with battling them aswell unlike beyblade it's a diffrent game guys.

Sorry Brad i know i'm not moderator but it's really getting on my nerves and i'm guessing on yours aswell.
(Oct. 29, 2009  9:20 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I wonder why everyone here has to turn every mention of Battle Strikers into "BUT CAN IT BEAT A BEYBLADE" ...

It's the fanboy mindset of "I can only choose 1, so I must defend my choice"
It's like the console wars, The average kid can have either a PS3 or a 360, so whatever choice they make, they have to rationalize that and say the opposite choice is carp.

It's similar with Beyblade/Battle Strikers. The average kid probably doesn't have the income to buy the newest releases for BOTH hobbies, so they have to convince themselves that the toy they didn't pick is the worse option.

And since Battle Strikers came 2nd, people like to hop on the "The original is ALWAYS better" train. Only room for one spinning top toy for a lot of people.
it's like digimon vs pokemon all over again hahaha
Sorry, I wasnt trying to sound like Beyblade thrashes strikers, just everytime i battle its usually 10 seconds before the striker wobbles

Strikers are still awesome
i went to walmart yesterday to buy a starter battle striker called dragonblaze i think battle strikers r most intersting i love both b eyblades an battle strikers
(Oct. 29, 2009  9:30 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: it's like digimon vs pokemon all over again hahaha
That takes me back... Digivice VS Pokedex was a rather one sided battle.
(Oct. 30, 2009  12:51 AM)theflightyellz Wrote: That takes me back... Digivice VS Pokedex was a rather one sided battle.

who won
(Oct. 28, 2009  1:51 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: wait for TT to release something interesting (don't hold your breath)

digital launcher is intresting
(Oct. 30, 2009  1:41 AM)lahtel Wrote: who won
Well, since one was just horrible black and white pixel images of Pokemon with pokedex data, and the other was an actual game that could connect, battle, and evolve...
I'll let you be the judge
(Oct. 30, 2009  1:57 AM)theflightyellz Wrote: Well, since one was just horrible black and white pixel images of Pokemon with pokedex data, and the other was an actual game that could connect, battle, and evolve...
I'll let you be the judge

how many pokemonSpeechless
(Oct. 30, 2009  3:01 AM)lahtel Wrote: how many pokemonSpeechless

Depends on which series Pokedex it was. Why does it matter?

Edit: I really want to re build my collection. I'm unsure on whether to wait untill the UK release or to start buying now. I'll have a search on Ebay and MOJ but if nothing turns up i'm waiting untill 2010 (impatiently!)
Why don't you build it up again and then keep building up and just don't let anyone use your beys or borrow your beys.
(Oct. 30, 2009  3:11 AM)Neeek Wrote: Edit: I really want to re build my collection. I'm unsure on whether to wait untill the UK release or to start buying now. I'll have a search on Ebay and MOJ but if nothing turns up i'm waiting untill 2010 (impatiently!)

I'd probably just get a few staple parts and the most important parts first, like Storm Pegasis, Libra, Virgo, etc and wait until 2010 to get everything else and fully rebuild the collection Smile
(Oct. 30, 2009  12:49 PM)Aqua Wrote: I'd probably just get a few staple parts and the most important parts first, like Storm Pegasis, Libra, Virgo, etc and wait until 2010 to get everything else and fully rebuild the collection Smile

I think i'm going to go with this, luckily christmas is coming up. Smile
I think i'll get the S & D reshuffle, Storm Pegasis and take it from there.

I don't know what to expect with the UK prices on release. I'm guessing around £6 - £8 ? I hope they're as cheap as they used to be, I remember how I used to find them expensive to buy with my £3.50 pocket money! xD
Just a note, this isn't directed at anyone here, just something I've been thinking about.

There is no way to argue that the Hybrid Wheel System has been good for the gameplay of Beyblade. None whatsoever. If there is an element of the design that allows it to make the gameplay better, we have not yet seen the fruits of it.

You can argue that there are Hybrid Wheels that are good, such as Flame and Earth. This is totally true. Would these have been as-good or better as pre-Hybrid Wheels? Absolutely. I've posted ad-nauseum about the reduction of designable surface (almost half of pre-HWS).

Some people can argue that Hybrid Wheels look better ... yes, that's definitely possible (though I disagree). In terms of gameplay, Hybrid Wheel System is more useless than EG. At least EG did something.
the main problem with HWS is that you can't use the metal without it. If it was a decorative option such as the plastic series bit chip, I wouldn't have a problem. Sometimes, they just add unnecessary weight.
(Oct. 30, 2009  2:15 PM)Cyber Kerberous Wrote: the main problem with HWS is that you can't use the metal without it. If it was a decorative option such as the plastic series bit chip, I wouldn't have a problem. Sometimes, they just add unnecessary weight.

That is not the main problem at all. Without the Clear Wheel they are much lighter than pre-HWS Metal Wheels. I do not see at all how this can be described as the "main problem". The main problem is that they are a lazy tactic to re-use Metal Wheels, and that they reduce the designable surface by 50%.
So you are saying they made the system to delay new releases of new Metal Wheels?
No.. He's saying that the main problem with the system is the fact that the piece of plastic on top has severely limited the amount of creativity that is possible since there has to be an area of metal kept identical to keep a clear wheel on.
Before the wheel could have pretty much been of any thickness, shape, or size, as long as it had a hole in the center for a face.
(Oct. 30, 2009  2:41 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: No.. He's saying that the main problem with the system is the fact that the piece of plastic on top has severely limited the amount of creativity that is possible since there has to be an area of metal kept identical to keep a clear wheel on.
Before the wheel could have pretty much been of any thickness, shape, or size, as long as it had a hole in the center for a face.

This is true, but

(Oct. 30, 2009  2:35 PM)フェルグラント Wrote: So you are saying they made the system to delay new releases of new Metal Wheels?

So is this. Takara-Tomy could not have re-released Metal Wheels before because the "character" part was the Metal Wheel. Now that it's a Clear Wheel, we're seeing Flame Libra, Storm Capricorne, etc.
^ what you said is sadly true brad.

what about the manga? i havnt been reading it lately. but i remember it was pre hybrid blades...?
or did they change them somehow to the hybrid wheel system?
i've noteced a neat concept in the newest beyblade design, less peaces less to go wrong, unlike some if the older ones wich if anything didn't fit just right it wont work, or it mite fall apart mid-spin.
(Oct. 30, 2009  2:06 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: In terms of gameplay, Hybrid Wheel System is more useless than EG. At least EG did something.

Along with the other design restrictions caused by HWS that you've pointed out, this is how I've always felt since the system was introduced ... There really is no upside to Clear Wheels. It's the biggest mistake TT has ever made in regards to the gameplay of Beyblade, but financially I suppose it has worked out; for now, at least.
Considering everyone is buying them, I doubt Takara cares, which is also a part of the problem. If they know they can make profit by adding a colorful piece of plastic, they will.
Maybe I'm stepping into dangerous territory here, but I think a large part of it is also to do with Japanese complacency as consumers. It's unlikely to see a Japanese Blader saying something critical about TT -- indeed, our comments must seem almost like heresy. Since it is unlikely that Japanese consumers are going to call TT out on what must be considered lazy design and marketing, TT doesn't really have any reason to correct their behaviour.