Beyblade Random Thoughts

Likewise, they look really good! It'd be cool to have larger images of them to vector from as well.
So I'm quite positive my LLDrago will be at my house tomorrow (EMS update said it arrived in America earlier today), and I can't wait to test it out!
Lucky I won't be geting my MOJ order till late september
(Aug. 13, 2009  1:26 AM)Khel Wrote: Lucky I won't be geting my MOJ order till late september
why lucky?
My bad forgot a semicolon after the word lucky.

I meant:

Lucky; I won't be getting my MOJ order till late September.
mine's coming in a week and i'm incredibly underwhelmed for it considering pretty much nothing interesting has been released since storm pegasis
L.L Drago?

That has me interested. That and the Super Attack Stadium
(Aug. 13, 2009  1:45 AM)Khel Wrote: L.L Drago?

That has me interested. That and the Super Attack Stadium

LL Drago is OK, but 100HF? Really guys?

didn't get Super Attack because the prices on YJ are extortionate

i'm actually pretty underwhelmed with MFB right now. perhaps it's just the new job talking, but HWS seems like a step in the wrong direction and i am pretty sure they just designed it so they could reuse metal wheels and the bey would still have a "new" name. we haven't had a bey with all-new parts since Libra DF145BS for god's sake

by the end of the year there will be 9 metal wheels and sixteen clear wheels
(Aug. 13, 2009  1:47 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: LL Drago is OK, but 100HF? Really guys?

didn't get Super Attack because the prices on YJ are extortionate

i'm actually pretty underwhelmed with MFB right now. perhaps it's just the new job talking, but HWS seems like a step in the wrong direction and i am pretty sure they just designed it so they could reuse metal wheels and the bey would still have a "new" name. we haven't had a bey with all-new parts since Libra DF145BS for god's sake

by the end of the year there will be 9 metal wheels and sixteen clear wheels
I got 3 super attack for 2000 yen each.
I got tired of it pretty fast=( its the most random and weirdest (yet very fun to play in) ever. The fights are also VERY random. I won twice with wind (yes wind) aquario against the defense combo =0000 I think its the only stadium where this MIGHT happen.

But hws are so pretty=((( plz remind me again why hws is a step in the wrong direction? i seriously thought most of the non hws mfb to be very cheap and sucky looking compared to the hws.
(Aug. 13, 2009  1:52 AM)Beynval Wrote: But hws are so pretty=((( plz remind me again why hws is a step in the wrong direction? i seriously thought most of the non hws mfb to be very cheap and sucky looking compared to the hws.

There are several reasons. First of all, they're all pretty much the same thing. Yes, there are subtle differences between them, but in the end they are incredibly minute and even then, the differences aren't as pronounced as if you'd had a full Metal Wheel in the first place.

Metal Wheels having to be compatible with Clear Wheels effectively lessens how much space on the Metal Wheel can be utilised in the design process:

Storm and Leone are almost exactly the same width, but look how much space on the Metal Wheel has to be left "undesigned" to accommodate the Clear Wheel. This is just an example, though; when you start getting into Wheels like Quetzalcoatl, gameplay-wise it becomes a lot more pronounced. Metal Wheels are going to have to get a lot wider to match pre-HWS Wheels (which, as you must know, are all still top-tier).

By giving the Clear Wheel the "character" name, they can effectively release the same parts over and over again with a new Clear Wheel -- which are incredibly easy to design, it's a circle with a few details on it -- and it will be considered a new Beyblade. By the end of the year we will have had three regular releases with the Dark, two with Flame, two with Storm. We're still getting loads of copies of the same useless parts. This is a more shameless recycling of parts than we have ever seen in Beyblade.

The entire point of Metal Fight Beyblade was ... METAL. So, I think it is difficult to argue that the addition of a plastic part that has so far caused nothing but detriment to gameplay was an addition that was best for Bladers. It was very obviously a calculated decision by Takara-Tomy to sell more products with less work involved, and I'm sure I'm not the only one worried that this behaviour is going to lead to a quickly-bursting fad bubble.
You point about the difference in amount of space available to design on the different types of Wheels is really interesting. I never really thought about something like that until now; even though I did notice the designs were become less ... intricate? Maybe that is the word.

I too have always thought HWS was a step in the wrong direction though, and I totally agree with everything you've said there, Brad. Aside from selling more products with less work involved, there really was no reason for them to over complicate the series with the addition of Clear Wheels.
A few people mentioned to me they didn't really notice the space difference, which was pretty shocking to me as it was the first thing I noticed. I hope I'm not the only one feeling burned by MFB. It started off really well but we're just a year in and I already feel like it's sputtering out.
The HWS thing has been bugging me for a while as well, perhaps subconsciously; every time I play with my Bey, I just don't get that same awe from looking at the parts, compared to Plastics and HMS.

I'm quite an art and design-orientated person, so aesthetics are a massive factor for me. HMS were by far and away my favourite series, and MFB's approach, especially the HWS, is surprisingly lacklustre in terms of visuals - most HWS Metal Wheels have really boring designs ("less intricate").
I think L. L. Drago is the most aesthetically pleasing HWS, to me. And I guess the issue about space that Brad brought up isn't present as much in it, since the Clear Wheel is practically on top of the Metal Wheel as opposed to in it. What I'm trying to say is that the Clear Wheel has more purpose than to sit there and look pretty. Granted, that doesn't really fix the whole Plastic element in Metal Fight Beyblade. I doubt I'm explaining all of this correctly...

On a similar note, you know how we shorten Lightning L. Drago to L. L. Drago? I was thinking about it earlier and "Ladies Love (Cool) Drago" popped into my head, as per, L. L. Cool J.
If anyone ever comes to Beyblade in Fort Wayne, I turned my basement into a Beyblade stadium.

Picture Refrence: My Basement Tongue_out_wink
i guess not really a random thought but i didn't know where else to post this but i ordered some MFBs from eBay and they said they'd arrive at my house in 7-14 days. today was day #13 if they don't show up tomorrow... i'm probably going to go crazy.
Are you counting weekends?
(Aug. 14, 2009  5:43 AM)Tempestas007 Wrote: Are you counting weekends?
just saturdays.
Saturdays usually don't count in shipping. Most shipping is detailed in business days which is Monday through Friday.
oh, that sucks i just thought you only didn't include sunday, if THATS the case then i still have until the 19th. bummer
(Aug. 13, 2009  6:28 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: A few people mentioned to me they didn't really notice the space difference, which was pretty shocking to me as it was the first thing I noticed. I hope I'm not the only one feeling burned by MFB. It started off really well but we're just a year in and I already feel like it's sputtering out.

Yeah to be honest, the HWS isn't really looking as awesome as it used to be, for TT to recycle the same Metal wheels over and over again by slapping on Plastic pieces ( Which to be honest doesn't have a big effect on the game ) is just plain laziness. The Metal layer is the only part doing all the work ( Aside from LL Drago ) the Clear wheels are just there for ascetic purposes.
[Image: hws.jpg]

i can't post this picture enough
hey brad do you know where i can get a roller defender
(Aug. 15, 2009  8:00 AM)trence9 Wrote: hey brad do you know where i can get a roller defender

that's it i seriously need to leave this board because i can't deal with people asking wrong questions in wrong topics anymore agh