Beyblade Random Thoughts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23P3DfTPX...re=related

SD has a really neat movement pattern in Wide Square.
(Aug. 10, 2009  8:11 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Let's take a look at some horrible combos that somehow managed to win first prize in Japanese WBBA tournaments:

MF Rock Wolf 105D
MF Lightning L-Drago 100HF
MF Rock Leone D125FS
MF Rock Pegasis 105HF
Rock Aquario C145WB
Flame Saggitarrio C145WB
MF Rock Leone WD145WB
Wolf D125HF

Wut!?

Going from a lot of videos that I've seen of Japanese tournaments, and previous experience of playing using walls, these really don't surprise me at all...

1. Walls of course make it damn near impossible to use any form of shooting technique.
2. The height that they're launched from if you're launching 30cm (the recomended launching height acording to the attack type stadium instrctions) above the stadium would cause most blades to bounce straight back out of the stadium.
We had this more than a few times when we were using walls at Spinoff.
3. The finals are done by launching blades on to a plastic ramp, which then throws the blade in to a stadium. Usualy resulting in a self KO.
It's all total luck, it wouldn't surprise me if MFAquario105F was one of the winning combinations :\
Were EG blades always this disappointing?

Now that i've played with mfb
Plastics just can't seem to satisfy me anymore.

They kinda suck.
At least the they have alot of visual variety

edit:
So yeah, playing with Dgoon GT. it's alright but seriously no great shakes
The i remembered a recent ebay listing...

Honestly, somebody would seriously fork out 85 bucks for this thing? seriously?
there's a reason i'm selling all my non-MFB, plastics and even HMS just don't do it for me now
(Aug. 11, 2009  6:57 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: there's a reason i'm selling all my non-MFB, plastics and even HMS just don't do it for me now

QFT
When I play with my 'ole plastic ones I would feel nostalgic...

I 'member Using the Engine Gear, ah so awesome to watch...

Your beyblade loosing spin, with your opponent wearing a smug look as if he has already won...

Then a high pitch rev sounds with your Bey coming back to life with second wind and attacking viciously.

Stopping and knock you shocked opponent's bey against the wall and out of the stadium flipping like it would in the series...

*Hums*
(Aug. 11, 2009  7:55 AM)RurouniBlade Wrote: When I play with my 'ole plastic ones I would feel nostalgic...

I 'member Using the Engine Gear, ah so awesome to watch...

Your beyblade loosing spin, with your opponent wearing a smug look as if he has already won...

Then a high pitch rev sounds with your Bey coming back to life with second wind and attacking viciously.

It then smashes into the walls of the stadium aimlessly before grinding into the floor, having literally no effect on your opponent whatsoever.
Engine gears suck; I remember paying $30 USD for Dranzer G to have it imported when it was relatively new.

I tried so hard to justify that purchase, but was never really able to succeed.
(Aug. 11, 2009  8:15 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: unnecessary edit
Bey Brad I don't care if you did make the site, please PLEASE don't do that (changing what I say out of spite of something else) That is a pet peeve of mine.

Khel Wrote:Engine gears suck; I remember paying $30 USD for Dranzer G to have it imported when it was relatively new.
I tried so hard to justify that purchase, but was never really able to succeed.
I opened up the engine gear and made "adjustments" If i have problems with a stock part i either replace or fix it myself. So kind of the reason why it worked for me and on the second one I purchased I learned you didn't have to wind it all the way which is what most people do!
(Aug. 11, 2009  4:05 PM)RurouniBlade Wrote: I opened up the engine gear and made "adjustments" If i have problems with a stock part i either replace or fix it myself. So kind of the reason why it worked for me and on the second one I purchased I learned you didn't have to wind it all the way which is what most people do!

This is an illegal modification, I'm sure.
opening up an engine gear to modify it is illegal.
Finally.
Play-Asia's order is coming (while I'm away from Ankara lmao).
Well, at least it is refreshing to know that my 2nd Quetz is on its way. Tongue_out
(Aug. 11, 2009  4:21 PM)Khel Wrote: opening up an engine gear to modify it is illegal.

If I ever play in a tournament and they would have to really care to actually inspect my blade to that extent... And it was only one :\

And Yugi, good for you hope it comes in soon...
Just because you don't plan to play in a tournament, doesn't make the modification any more legal. It can still give you an unfair advantage when you face your friends.
yeah and compared to them mine is more legal, I don't take nails and punch the through the bey in hopes it carves up the other Bey. and all I did was turn the tension spring so it wasn't so wound or stressed...geez, and you would get that same thing if you use the engine gear a lot (Which I doubt most of you would do considering you hate it).

In all thats why I call it an adjustment, yes its still illegal so I'm not justifying it. Second you didn't read my post all the way anyhow

Quote:on the second one (EG) I purchased I learned you didn't have to wind it all the way which is what most people do!
so after learning that, that would be what I do instead of opening it up.
Thoughts on having some sort of EG incorporated into mfb?
Like a special track or something. Think they'd try it?
I hope so! that would be awesome if they did.
(Aug. 11, 2009  5:30 PM)asterisk93 Wrote: Thoughts on having some sort of EG incorporated into mfb?
Like a special track or something. Think they'd try it?

I'm not sure how'd they pull it off. The track would need to be exceedingly wide, yet small enough for the Face to screw in, and have enough space for it to screw into. It would also be pretty tall (above 14.5mm I'd imagine), to fit everything needed. Also, it would need to be able to crank, and somehow the Bottom would need to be attached to the track, yet, to be able to spin freely for when the EG engages.
ugh tisinc is sold out of everything apparently =/ I want Dark Bull after seeing Kei's SD testing...
just got my takara dragoon g in the mail. I love it. Just seeing how it self ko'ed so many times against dragoon GT was so entertaining. Anyway, now that i have it in my posession, it marks the end of my shopping intrests for the plastic era.

It also happened to be my first non MFB takara product. way better than the hasbro versions imo
(Aug. 11, 2009  5:45 PM)Tempestas007 Wrote: I'm not sure how'd they pull it off. The track would need to be exceedingly wide, yet small enough for the Face to screw in, and have enough space for it to screw into. It would also be pretty tall (above 14.5mm I'd imagine), to fit everything needed. Also, it would need to be able to crank, and somehow the Bottom would need to be attached to the track, yet, to be able to spin freely for when the EG engages.

I have seen very small mechanisms that achieve the same thing as engine gears, some have been more powerful, however if they every did this there is still the matter of a triggering function. Like Driger EG or Dranzer, this would ultimately result in a rather fat track to to mention quite a bit of additional weight.

The weight is the reason I'd say this is unlikely, an engine gear would easily add 8-10g's and likely more if they wanted it to be stable and have any sort of longevity. With the WBBA's current weight standards I'd say you'll never see something exceed them to that point. This is also another reason I believe our current competitive format is so stagnant. Considering our current top tier defense type is OVER the weight standards by a considerable degree, I'm hard pressed to say we'll ever get anything that completely outclasses MF Libra C145WB or (I guess now) Libra CH120RF.
(Aug. 11, 2009  4:05 PM)RurouniBlade Wrote: Bey Brad I don't care if you did make the site, please PLEASE don't do that (changing what I say out of spite of something else) That is a pet peeve of mine.

joke
noun
1 they were telling jokes funny story, jest, witticism, quip; pun, play on words; informal gag, wisecrack, crack, one-liner, rib-tickler, knee-slapper, thigh-slapper, punch-line, groaner.
How many time's have you had to use that now?
Would anybody want me to ask Miingno if he could scan the sticker sheet that is showed here, once he gets the latest CoroCoro issue ?
http://ameblo.jp/animalkaiser/entry-10319501179.html

I am not certain they will necessarily show up on Yahoo! Japan Auctions.
Yes! I want an Aries face Smile