Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jun. 19, 2022  12:19 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2022  9:55 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Watched a vid on someone's views on which Beys shouldn't get BU evos.
5. Air Knight becuz Garuda rip-off (psyche, its happening)
4.Ashura becuz it was disappointing. (How? I mean, Bushin was probably the best base for defense before lord came around, and wouldn't a BU evolution make it better?)
3.Horusood becuz it will be too similar to Ragnaruk. (How?)
2. Unicorn becuz too similar to Xcalibur (Only applied to U2, U1 predates X1 and is 2 sided)
1.Jinnius becuz he hates Joshua (I mean he's not coming back, so..?)

Air Knight is no rip-off. "Forgettable" is one thing maybe, but not "a rip off".

Bushin Ashura was never good for Defense even when it was new since it was way too bursty. Defensively you'd be far better running Cho-Z Spriggan/Archer Hercules/Perfect Phoenix over Bushin. Even Cosmo and Grand were better defensively than Bushin as a base, to the point where the only good thing about it was Keep. Disappointing, yes, but there's many more disappointing things than this.

I guess any Stamina type is "too similar to Ragnaruk" by whatever logic is going on here. It's bad logic.

Unicorn is nothing like Xcalibur, they're not even remotely the same typing. This baffles me.

Jinnius would actually be fun, it's gimmick was fairly unique and I don't see that changing any time soon.
I think for number 2 he got in an arguement with small Beytuber EB Beyburst, and its revealed he only thinks its becuz U2 is kinda like X2, but then its not teh same.

His arguement for no Horusood is also flawed, I agree.

Anyone feeling BU is experience Hasbro syndrome? Especially in stupid driver choices, and the whole Divine Bey being near completely worthless outside of Belial 2 (and maybe 3 and Nexus, but Vanish has teh former, and the latter is useless without +S, so might as well buy Astral's set)
(Jun. 21, 2022  7:11 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Anyone feeling BU is experience Hasbro syndrome? Especially in stupid driver choices, and the whole Divine Bey being near completely worthless outside of Belial 2 (and maybe 3 and Nexus, but Vanish has teh former, and the latter is useless without +S, so might as well buy Astral's set)

I wouldn't call it Hasbro Syndrome. That's insinuating that BU is just trash, which is a bit premature with more designs and new gears to come. "Underwhelming so far" perhaps, but Dragon may have potential, so may Xcalibur, and there's still more we don't know of yet too.

I'd sooner say that BU suffers from Ultimate Valkyrie Syndrome, where they've been trying to make their new designs imitate as many of its predecessors as possible at one time. Xiphoid Xcalibur has aspects of Xeno in the center, the blade and general shape of Sieg, and the sword hilt of Buster all wrapped into one. Gatling Dragon looks like Tempest at first, but when fully awakened has more of that squashed oval shape of Imperial. Chain Kerbeus is trying to go hard on the chain design that's been prevalent from the beginning, much like an advanced form of Kaiser Kerbeus, but with a driver more like Hazard. Honestly all these driver choices are things with a strong relation to a previous version, which is honestly fine.

If anything Divine Belial is the exception to the rule, unlike either of its predecessors short of gear compatibility. I will say Divine as a blade is underrated and works better without the F Gear and should use the L >Gear for the added weight and height (though it's still no Savior or Ultimate, the underside of this thing can be deadly), and Adventure almost feels like a straight controllability upgrade to Venture when you're using the V Gear. Jury's still out on if the A Gear can make this better, we'll need to wait and see.

Either way, for as much as I like these designs I'm not going to immediately assume they'll warp the meta around them until I see them in action, especially after the Chain blade ended up performing worse than Cyclone in my early testing. I'm not going to complain about them, especially after seeing what Hasbro's Ultimate Evo Valtryek is supposed to look like and the parts it has. Just... why Hasbro, why?
(Jun. 21, 2022  7:58 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jun. 21, 2022  7:11 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Anyone feeling BU is experience Hasbro syndrome? Especially in stupid driver choices, and the whole Divine Bey being near completely worthless outside of Belial 2 (and maybe 3 and Nexus, but Vanish has teh former, and the latter is useless without +S, so might as well buy Astral's set)

I wouldn't call it Hasbro Syndrome. That's insinuating that BU is just trash, which is a bit premature with more designs and new gears to come. "Underwhelming so far" perhaps, but Dragon may have potential, so may Xcalibur, and there's still more we don't know of yet too.

I'd sooner say that BU suffers from Ultimate Valkyrie Syndrome, where they've been trying to make their new designs imitate as many of its predecessors as possible at one time. Xiphoid Xcalibur has aspects of Xeno in the center, the blade and general shape of Sieg, and the sword hilt of Buster all wrapped into one. Gatling Dragon looks like Tempest at first, but when fully awakened has more of that squashed oval shape of Imperial. Chain Kerbeus is trying to go hard on the chain design that's been prevalent from the beginning, much like an advanced form of Kaiser Kerbeus, but with a driver more like Hazard. Honestly all these driver choices are things with a strong relation to a previous version, which is honestly fine.

If anything Divine Belial is the exception to the rule, unlike either of its predecessors short of gear compatibility. I will say Divine as a blade is underrated and works better without the F Gear and should use the L >Gear for the added weight and height (though it's still no Savior or Ultimate, the underside of this thing can be deadly), and Adventure almost feels like a straight controllability upgrade to Venture when you're using the V Gear. Jury's still out on if the A Gear can make this better, we'll need to wait and see.

Either way, for as much as I like these designs I'm not going to immediately assume they'll warp the meta around them until I see them in action, especially after the Chain blade ended up performing worse than Cyclone in my early testing. I'm not going to complain about them, especially after seeing what Hasbro's Ultimate Evo Valtryek is supposed to look like and the parts it has. Just... why Hasbro, why?
Ok, UVl2 syndrome it is then. Also, a view on Divine and Adventure having some sort of niche is new. I've only seen bad stuff about those parts. 

Also reason why Hasbro does this: (Opinion warning) the execs are Jerks. Like they can make good transformers figs (only one I see someone say is bad is one Studio Series Exo-Suit with bad QCs and not much to play with/see), why can't they make good beyblades? Since the former is good, I don't balme the company, I blame the execs/whoever is put I/C of this/CEO. (This happened to Ben 10 with CN and Nintendo's recent "no good" games, why can't it be the same.) Or even (conspiracy): the artists went on strike when painting the official art/Hasbro had some weird limits on what they could do (AKA Legacy Arcee syndrome).
(Jun. 16, 2022  3:16 AM)The Dank Memer Wrote:
(Jun. 05, 2022  12:08 PM)BeySkozo Raky Wrote: Because no one seems to answer me on the Questions Forum I'll say it here as an exception (I know it's off-topic but again, it's an exception).
So for anyone wondering I'm asking for help to remove the spring cap of my Edge-Q driver without damaging the cap or the driver itself. Cause for whatever reason I wanted to replicate the Bahamut Core's rubber lock by putting chewing gum into the slopes of the Hasbro version. I assembled it, and now there are bits of the gum still sticking inside the cap and in the middle part of the driver, which I want to remove all of course. So again I'm asking for someone's "instruction" to help me in this problem. Thank you in advance! Smile

100% Honest, i really dont think you can- if u can, it have too have some special screwdriver or something-
I know the answer comes rather late, but still thanks. I'll try to look for another solution, it shouldn't be impossible.
Hi guys, I have a question. What layer is better/Who would win in a battle? Yggdrasil single layer or Wild Wyvron double layer? Also another question about what layer is better, Galaxy Zeutron or Cho-Z Valkyrie.
Edit: Oop just realised I have 2 more layer questions.
Guilty longinus vs Lucifer the end.
Astral spriggan vs Rage longinus.
If you are answering this then please properly reply with the button instead just of writing it.
(Jun. 26, 2022  7:51 PM)TX24 Wrote: Hi guys, I have a question. What layer is better/Who would win in a battle? Yggdrasil single layer or Wild Wyvron double layer? Also another question about what layer is better, Galaxy Zeutron or Cho-Z Valkyrie.
If you are answering this then please properly reply with the button instead just of writing it.

The 1st two I’m unsure about as I’m not as knowledgeable in god layers. 1. guilty or Lucifer? If we are talking about which layer is just better overall right now, Guilty. Guilty being a series above and having better attack power than Lucifer. Lucifer is just outclassed, and Imo I think Lucifer isn’t good without drift lol. 2.Astral spriggan vs rage longinus? Rage was an absolute tank, but if we are talking competitive like before, and only based on layer, Astral, it’s versatile and more of a competitive part, if they battled (fully stock combo speaking) spriggan could probably win with rage swiping a few points because of rage being more dominant on attack. So overall, pretty much both db layers will outclass the sparking layers you’ve laid out.
(Jun. 27, 2022  12:40 AM)AvertedEnergy Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2022  7:51 PM)TX24 Wrote: Hi guys, I have a question. What layer is better/Who would win in a battle? Yggdrasil single layer or Wild Wyvron double layer? Also another question about what layer is better, Galaxy Zeutron or Cho-Z Valkyrie.

The 1st two I’m unsure about as I’m not as knowledgeable in god layers. 1. guilty or Lucifer? If we are talking about which layer is just better overall right now, Guilty. Guilty being a series above and having better attack power than Lucifer. Lucifer is just outclassed, and Imo I think Lucifer isn’t good without drift lol. 2.Astral spriggan vs rage longinus? Rage was an absolute tank, but if we are talking competitive like before, and only based on layer, Astral, it’s versatile and more of a competitive part, if they battled (fully stock combo speaking) spriggan could probably win with rage swiping a few points because of rage being more dominant on attack. So overall, pretty much both db layers will outclass the sparking layers you’ve laid out.

Then what about if its the stock combo with them.
Cho-z Valkryie for stock and it’s layer is better
Guilty’s layer is better, but Lucifer the end comes with the drift driver so it’s your choice
Astral is better
(Jun. 27, 2022  5:50 PM)TX24 Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2022  12:40 AM)AvertedEnergy Wrote: The 1st two I’m unsure about as I’m not as knowledgeable in god layers. 1. guilty or Lucifer? If we are talking about which layer is just better overall right now, Guilty. Guilty being a series above and having better attack power than Lucifer. Lucifer is just outclassed, and Imo I think Lucifer isn’t good without drift lol. 2.Astral spriggan vs rage longinus? Rage was an absolute tank, but if we are talking competitive like before, and only based on layer, Astral, it’s versatile and more of a competitive part, if they battled (fully stock combo speaking) spriggan could probably win with rage swiping a few points because of rage being more dominant on attack. So overall, pretty much both db layers will outclass the sparking layers you’ve laid out.

Then what about if its the stock combo with them.

Astral and Longinus, however Lucifer with drift is a great counter for left spinning beyblades. The lack of weight compared to longinus and astral however brings it down depending on the stadium with knockouts. Astral depending on spin direction, can beat lucifer. Rage on the other hand, great attack but compared to those two db layers, stamina is outclassed despite its attack.
(Jun. 27, 2022  7:31 PM)AvertedEnergy Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2022  5:50 PM)TX24 Wrote: Then what about if its the stock combo with them.

Astral and Longinus, however Lucifer with drift is a great counter for left spinning beyblades. The lack of weight compared to longinus and astral however brings it down depending on the stadium with knockouts. Astral depending on spin direction, can beat lucifer. Rage on the other hand, great attack but compared to those two db layers, stamina is outclassed despite its attack.

Oh ok. What about Astral vs Guilty and single layer Xcalibur vs Wild Wyveren. (Not just the layer but with the best parts to go with it.)
Umm, just asking, anyone else no get Kei's articles? I want to use them to build Chain draft but if I don't understand...
(Jun. 27, 2022  8:11 PM)TX24 Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2022  7:31 PM)AvertedEnergy Wrote: Astral and Longinus, however Lucifer with drift is a great counter for left spinning beyblades. The lack of weight compared to longinus and astral however brings it down depending on the stadium with knockouts. Astral depending on spin direction, can beat lucifer. Rage on the other hand, great attack but compared to those two db layers, stamina is outclassed despite its attack.

Oh ok. What about Astral vs Guilty and single layer Xcalibur vs Wild Wyveren. (Not just the layer but with the best parts to go with it.)

Best parts to go with those layers? That would be either Guilty on Giga/Fortress/Xtreme’,Xtreme metal (despite the ruin of teeth though Longinus has pretty sturdy teeth) bahamut core would be good if you’re making an attack. Haven’t seen many other guilty combos that aren’t attack. For astral, I’d assume giga/fortress/over drift, astral has a good ring for drift imo. As for the VS part, Longinus is great against spriggan IF solid hits are involved for a burst either left or right. I feel it’s a 50/50 Spriggan half the time winning from a stamina finish. Both layers are pretty decent but Spriggan majors in defense/stamina while Guilty is mainly attack.
My beyblade timeline
Bakuten shoot
V force
G revolution
Burst
God
Cho z
Gt
Sparking
Db
Metal fight
Metal masters
Metal fury
Shogun steel
Beywheels
Bey warriors bey raiders

This was just made from observations from the anime. Feel free to criticise
I went to a local for funsies and traded my stock prominence for the following:
-both artermis and apollos (you need both to play after all, RB version)
-Hold (red)
-Venture (original)
What do you think?
I have 2 ideas for beyblades I think are pretty interesting. The first is sort of like lost longinus, but it has these round spring loaded things on the part other beyblades hit. It would also look kind of like victory valkyrie, but upside down. Now, port this idea to BU and name it thor. Marvel is trademarked, but Norse mythology is public domain. My other idea is a bunch of spring loaded things facing outward, so you could press on it and it would recoil, for the sake of defense. My original idea for a name was "deathadile", but that is a thing I made up and not from mythology. If the other one was not made it could be named Zeus, but otherwise it should be named Medusa, because my name starts with M. The motif could be sort of like Valkyrie but with snakes resembling those on hasbro's cobra drive chip. My idea for a driver is a driver with a spring, so that it jumps early on. Kind of useless, but it might be fun.
(Jul. 02, 2022  2:41 AM)megagekk Wrote: My beyblade timeline
Bakuten shoot
V force
G revolution
Burst
God
Cho z
Gt
Sparking
Db
Metal fight
Metal masters
Metal fury
Shogun steel
Beywheels
Bey warriors bey raiders

Each saga is its own separate continuity , not linked at all.
(Jul. 06, 2022  10:24 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
Bakuten shoot
V force
G revolution
Burst
God
Cho z
Gt
Sparking
Db
Metal fight
Metal masters
Metal fury
Shogun steel
Beywheels
Bey warriors bey raiders

Ngl that’s debatable. Mfb and beywheels are def their own separate timelines but I’m pretty sure there are some callbacks in the burst manga to 2000s, but I’m not sure and probably have to brush up on my lore again lol
For a while, I've been thinking about how I would create my own series of battle tops if this was somehow possible. I wanted less worrying about life after death and more prominence of attack. I think I could figure out how to make attack better. But I am wondering, if you gave the original lost longinus some really competitive parts, would it be able to defeat any of the right spin db stock combos?
(Jul. 06, 2022  6:19 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Jul. 06, 2022  10:24 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Each saga is its own separate continuity , not linked at all.

Ngl that’s debatable. Mfb and beywheels are def their own separate timelines but I’m pretty sure there are some callbacks in the burst manga to 2000s, but I’m not sure and probably have to brush up on my lore again lol
I can say for certainty that Plastics, MFB and Burst is not connected. It has been confirmed a while back.
As for the callbacks, they're likely easter eggs.
(Jul. 06, 2022  10:24 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
Bakuten shoot
V force
G revolution
Burst
God
Cho z
Gt
Sparking
Db
Metal fight
Metal masters
Metal fury
Shogun steel
Beywheels
Bey warriors bey raiders

Yea I know. But if they were it would explain alot of things.

Beywheelz Burst would be a good idea(it's not).
Would anyone like the plastic gen to come back. Or metal saga.

(Jul. 06, 2022  6:26 PM)PokeSonicBey Wrote: For a while, I've been thinking about how I would create my own series of battle tops if this was somehow possible. I wanted less worrying about life after death and more prominence of attack. I think I could figure out how to make attack better. But I am wondering, if you gave the original lost longinus some really competitive parts, would it be able to defeat any of the right spin db stock combos?
Nice idea. I would buy, definitely
(Jul. 07, 2022  12:50 AM)megagekk Wrote:
(Jul. 06, 2022  10:24 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Each saga is its own separate continuity , not linked at all.

Yea I know. But if they were it would explain alot of things.

Beywheelz Burst would be a good idea(it's not).
(Jul. 07, 2022  9:29 PM)megagekk Wrote: Would anyone like the plastic gen to come back. Or metal saga
I'm sure plastic Gen fans and MFB fans would definitely like to see it back.
Which plastic gen logo do u guys prefer. Hasbro or Takara
Honestly I'm starting to have suspicions on Super Beyblade Family's battles for some reason is able to get a lot of wins out of chain, and chain stinks.
(Jul. 08, 2022  12:56 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Honestly I'm starting to have suspicions on  Super Beyblade Family's battles for some reason is able to get a lot of wins out of chain, and chain stinks.

I do sometimes feel like youtubers rig their battles to be more interesting.

So, there is some news of new beyblades, and I believe there will be a new spriggan, among other things. What do you think these final beyblades could be called? I first thought of "legacy spriggan", but legacy is already a part. Then I thought "terminal spriggan". What do you think they should all be named?