Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Oct. 13, 2021  2:25 AM)Wizard Wrote: In retrospect, it's crazy how may Beyblade designs were utterly ruined by Hasbro during MFB. Several face designs were outright butchered, names of constellations were censored and stickers on the inner wheel with interesting patterns were changed to be bland. And many of the disks were changed to awful colors like that snot-green Pegasus.

Do they still do that with Burst?

I mean, a lot of layer recolors aren't that great, though some of them totally are. They used to be almost entirely good, but lately they've been falling into Hyperblades territory and it's not working as well as it once did.

The bigger issues aren't color-wise though, but rather Hasbro's decisions to remove the metal, gimmicks, and hollow out layers and disks alike. Remember Hasbro's original "4D" releases, missing all the shape-changing and tip gimmicks? Now imagine that they've been doing that since Season 3 of the anime (we're on, what, season 6 or 7 now?) and also adding in generally unhelpful gimmicks into the tips that (short of Slingshock, the first of those gimmicks) have made them either worse or totally unlike the TT releases.

That's what Hasbro has been doing here, except even worse because they're not even compatible with TT short of disks and disk frames and most of the names are horribly butchered (e.g. Slash Valkyrie became Sword Valtryek in Hasbro's line). Sure, I get some name changes (no parent would let a kid buy Curse Satan, so Curse Satomb is an alright substitution), but by and large Hasbro is like if the entire line was Burst Limited and power creep just stopped existing.

Well, short of Pro Series, but given that it's not compatible with their own mainline I don't really consider it a true Hasbro product.
Quattro makes any bey look like a tornado battler (or a 230) and I find that funny.
(Oct. 13, 2021  7:50 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: The bigger issues aren't color-wise though, but rather Hasbro's decisions to remove the metal, gimmicks, and hollow out layers and disks alike. Remember Hasbro's original "4D" releases, missing all the shape-changing and tip gimmicks? Now imagine that they've been doing that since Season 3 of the anime (we're on, what, season 6 or 7 now?) and also adding in generally unhelpful gimmicks into the tips that (short of Slingshock, the first of those gimmicks) have made them either worse or totally unlike the TT releases.
Wait, they changed the entire structure and they're not compatible? At that point it's not even the same product. Man, I really can't understand Hasbro.
(Oct. 14, 2021  12:36 AM)Wizard Wrote:
(Oct. 13, 2021  7:50 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: The bigger issues aren't color-wise though, but rather Hasbro's decisions to remove the metal, gimmicks, and hollow out layers and disks alike. Remember Hasbro's original "4D" releases, missing all the shape-changing and tip gimmicks? Now imagine that they've been doing that since Season 3 of the anime (we're on, what, season 6 or 7 now?) and also adding in generally unhelpful gimmicks into the tips that (short of Slingshock, the first of those gimmicks) have made them either worse or totally unlike the TT releases.
Wait, they changed the entire structure and they're not compatible? At that point it's not even the same product. Man, I really can't understand Hasbro.

Welcome to the fold. This has been most of us since 2016 when we saw the first releases of Hasbro Burst.
(Oct. 14, 2021  2:31 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2021  12:36 AM)Wizard Wrote: Wait, they changed the entire structure and they're not compatible? At that point it's not even the same product. Man, I really can't understand Hasbro.

Welcome to the fold. This has been most of us since 2016 when we saw the first releases of Hasbro Burst.
2016 is when I dropped out of the hobby. I moved to Japan at that time, I bought a few releases after arriving, but I was unable to find a community to play with so I dropped off. I ended up joining a beigoma community a few months later though, and I have been actively playing with them ever since. Although I haven't played in quite some time due to having a baby and then the pandemic hitting, I'll be going back for sure once this is all over.
(Oct. 14, 2021  7:18 AM)Wizard Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2021  2:31 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Welcome to the fold. This has been most of us since 2016 when we saw the first releases of Hasbro Burst.
2016 is when I dropped out of the hobby. I moved to Japan at that time, I bought a few releases after arriving, but I was unable to find a community to play with so I dropped off. I ended up joining a beigoma community a few months later though, and I have been actively playing with them ever since. Although I haven't played in quite some time due to having a baby and then the pandemic hitting, I'll be going back for sure once this is all over.

Well, 2016 is when Hasbro's Burst landed, and started confusing the masses with their incompatibility. Some parts were a far cry from their TT counterparts, especially layers like Valtryek (Valkyrie was top-tier as a burst attacker, but the Hasbro version was a bursting hazard), Unicrest (which was strictly better than the TT version of Unicorn, with far better burst resistance and good Stamina), and Nepstrius (Neptune was a good staller layer, Nepstrius was shaped slightly more aggressively and became much easier to burst through its worse shape).

And now that everything's so different, with two different chip systems, no chassis on Sparking system beys, e.t.c... it's not the same thing. It's not as bad as I think some believe, there's plenty of merit in simply playing casually, but that's just what Hasbro blading has become: Almost strictly a casual event. Pro Series exists solely to give it a competitive foothold, but it's 2 seasons behind the TT mainline and a far cry away in power level because of it despite being nearly identical otherwise.
It also really doesn't help that lately, Hasbro seems like it has been starting to price gouge. The Slayer Set, being around 90$, is REALLY not worth it when the stadium is simply a larger Volt Knockout and the beys are random bad combos with Dual Layer discs. Pro Series is debatable on worth, and frankly, with what we've seen of Wave 4, I'd lean on the "why are these 20$ + tax again?"
I don't know why, but I kept all of the beyblade packaging that I bought and threw them in my closet.

Any ideas before I decide to recycle them?
(Oct. 14, 2021  7:30 PM)peek Wrote: I don't know why, but I kept all of the beyblade packaging that I bought and threw them in my closet.

Idk any ideas. I made a little beyblade fortress in my room where I can have some me time. I started a tradition where I keep the broken box of the most recent bey I got just cause I feel like it. I’ll send a pic when I get home if you want. 
Maybe take a last look at the gimmicks or something in case you forget them?
(Oct. 14, 2021  8:01 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2021  7:30 PM)peek Wrote: I don't know why, but I kept all of the beyblade packaging that I bought and threw them in my closet.

Idk any ideas. I made a little beyblade fortress in my room where I can have some me time. I started a tradition where I keep the broken box of the most recent bey I got just cause I feel like it. I’ll send a pic when I get home if you want. 
Maybe take a last look at the gimmicks or something in case you forget them?

I've been thinking about cutting up the boxes then storing the front sides in a ziploc bag to archive the purchases I made. If I plastered them on my wall my mom would be mad for doing that.

Speaking of ziploc bags, I did keep the stickers sheets (and other misc stuff) in a bag just because of the stars in case if I (eventually) go into a mirror match.

I think I need a bigger bag for when I get my overdrive set...

I also keep them all. The TT ones, anyway, not the Hasbro stuff. I cut all the tape bits, flatten them out, and put them all into a giant Ziploc for posterity.

EDIT: actually that's not totally accurate: I keep the Hasbro PRO boxes too. And the big TT Stadium sets I don't break down - I keep those intact and throw them in the attic...
(Oct. 14, 2021  9:01 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2021  7:18 AM)Wizard Wrote: 2016 is when I dropped out of the hobby. I moved to Japan at that time, I bought a few releases after arriving, but I was unable to find a community to play with so I dropped off. I ended up joining a beigoma community a few months later though, and I have been actively playing with them ever since. Although I haven't played in quite some time due to having a baby and then the pandemic hitting, I'll be going back for sure once this is all over.

Well, 2016 is when Hasbro's Burst landed, and started confusing the masses with their incompatibility. Some parts were a far cry from their TT counterparts, especially layers like Valtryek (Valkyrie was top-tier as a burst attacker, but the Hasbro version was a bursting hazard), Unicrest (which was strictly better than the TT version of Unicorn, with far better burst resistance and good Stamina), and Nepstrius (Neptune was a good staller layer, Nepstrius was shaped slightly more aggressively and became much easier to burst through its worse shape).

And now that everything's so different, with two different chip systems, no chassis on Sparking system beys, e.t.c... it's not the same thing. It's not as bad as I think some believe, there's plenty of merit in simply playing casually, but that's just what Hasbro blading has become: Almost strictly a casual event. Pro Series exists solely to give it a competitive foothold, but it's 2 seasons behind the TT mainline and a far cry away in power level because of it despite being nearly identical otherwise.

Did it release towards the end of the year? I came over here in June of that year and I don't remember Hasbro beys being available yet.
So just to ask this, what are y’all opinions on this being bursts last season? I saw somewhere (can’t remember the specific thread) that Hiro Morita made a Twitter post or something about starting a new manga. I think burst has had its run and that it’s an amazing story (for 3 seasons at least) but at this point they’re running out of ideas and going back to smaller beys and starting a new system would be good for everyone. That way we can start simple and grow through the next system as a more United community of bladers! Plus a hiatus wouldn’t hurt so we can enjoy burst, catch up on releases and stuff as well.
(Oct. 15, 2021  1:52 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: So just to ask this, what are y’all opinions on this being bursts last season? I saw somewhere (can’t remember the specific thread) that Hiro Morita made a Twitter post or something about starting a new manga. I think burst has had its run and that it’s an amazing story (for 3 seasons at least) but at this point they’re running out of ideas and going back to smaller beys and starting a new system would be good for everyone. That way we can start simple and grow through the next system as a more United community of bladers! Plus a hiatus wouldn’t hurt so we can enjoy burst, catch up on releases and stuff as well.
I honestly think that a new series of Beyblade (not burst) would be cool. I have no clue what they would be like but I agree.
(Oct. 15, 2021  1:52 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: So just to ask this, what are y’all opinions on this being bursts last season? I saw somewhere (can’t remember the specific thread) that Hiro Morita made a Twitter post or something about starting a new manga. I think burst has had its run and that it’s an amazing story (for 3 seasons at least) but at this point they’re running out of ideas and going back to smaller beys and starting a new system would be good for everyone. That way we can start simple and grow through the next system as a more United community of bladers! Plus a hiatus wouldn’t hurt so we can enjoy burst, catch up on releases and stuff as well.

If it is the final burst season, THANK GOODNESS it is because I remember when we assumed Sparking would be the last one.

Burst is like MLP: FIM: A popular generation that lasted for so many years we didn't know how hasbro would end it. Burst has been on the scene for 6 years now. I think it's about time for TT to breathe some fresh air. Though the question is, I don't know how they will make their next system.
(Oct. 15, 2021  2:01 AM)peek Wrote:

If it is the final burst season, THANK GOODNESS it is because I remember when we assumed Sparking would be the last one.

Burst is like MLP: FIM: A popular generation that lasted for so many years we didn't know how hasbro would end it. Burst has been on the scene for 6 years now. I think it's about time for TT to breathe some fresh air. Though the question is, I don't know how they will make their next system.
I’m sure they’ll think of something! They though of Burst so I have absolutely 0 doubt they’ll think of something just as awesome!

Party with the boys, the end of a horrible anime, and decent toyline

I'm worried. I've heard about the Metal-Burst hiatus and it sounds pretty brutal. While overall it's healthy, there are some people that I can't imagine leaving forever. The WBO will lose traction without new releases and I feel like this could leave us in a pretty bad place. Between no more releases and people not likeing the community, I can see a great deal of members leaving. On the flip side, once the new series starts I can see a lot of member joining. I feel like I got into beyblade at the wrong time. I started just before the vicious cycle of season-hiatus began. As soon I get used to everything... it's gone. No more releases, no new beyblades, people leaving due to boardom. It's gonna be hard on me.
(Oct. 15, 2021  2:26 AM)USN Wrote:

I'm worried. I've heard about the Metal-Burst hiatus and it sounds pretty brutal. While overall it's healthy, there are some people that I can't imagine leaving forever. The WBO will lose traction without new releases and I feel like this could leave us in a pretty bad place. Between no more releases and people not likeing the community, I can see a great deal of members leaving. On the flip side, once the new series starts I can see a lot of member joining. I feel like I got into beyblade at the wrong time. I started just before the vicious cycle of season-hiatus began. As soon I get used to everything... it's gone. No more releases, no new beyblades, people leaving due to boardom. It's gonna be hard on me.

Think of this like BC Sol. Ok this sounds weird but let me explain. So Metal fight was the OG series right? Like very BEGGINING of Beyblade and what most people got into it in. Then there’s burst where in the very beginning people like me joined the game. Then near the middle/end-ish people like you joined. The community was growing throughout and people who didn’t like the game left. Burst has been around for 6 years now and has a place in all blader’s hearts. But it’s very likely about to come to an end. This means a brand new system where everyone can start fresh. If people get bored of Beyblade through the hiatus that probably means they don’t thoroughly enjoy it. Cause you shouldn’t need new releases or the anime to enjoy beyblade, that is if you actually enjoy it. People will leave without a doubt but that leaves the people who enjoy beyblade the most and will form a stronger and more United community that can help guide the newer bladers. With the pandemic likely being over by the time the new series hits and a whole new community everything starts fresh! There’s MFB formats, Burst Formats, and the new series formats! Everything is blossoming and growing and it just gets better! We will have ups and downs but that shouldn’t stop us from doing what we love. Beyblade!

(Oct. 15, 2021  2:26 AM)USN Wrote:

I’m quoting you again jot talk about how you joined later on. I get that you just got used to things and will have to re-adjust but it’s not like anything’s going away man. Burst is still gonna be here, hiatus will help you catch up with releases and if you need anything at all I and the rest of the WBO are here for you. I know that sounds cringe and I can’t really know how you feel since I got used to burst around 5 years ago lol, but nothings going away, just something new is coming. You got this man no fear! 👍
(Oct. 15, 2021  12:53 AM)Wizard Wrote: Did it release towards the end of the year? I came over here in June of that year and I don't remember Hasbro beys being available yet.

I think it was mostly Canada that got it first, but it was still plenty to show to everyone here that it wasn't compatible. Probably after June though.

For me personally it's gonna be overwhelming - i joined this community in September 2019 and that was the GT Season i believe and i've become more and more excited towards Beyblade Burst since then (considering it's what got me into Beyblade in the first place). If DB is the last season then i really don't know what i'll do, i do know that my activity here on WBO will decrease drastically once burst ends because i will eventually run out of things to talk about and i will definitely run out of original content for fanfictions so i think once i've run out of steam for burst, i might just leave until a new series gets announced.

That doesn't mean i'll stop loving Beyblade, i love Beyblade just as much as the next person but if we have no content for a few years then it might be best to take a little break. I'll still watch the animes and i'll try to write new fanfictions when i can but i think it is safe to say that Burst while it had its ups and downs in both Products and Anime/Manga, it was definitely something that united the fanbase to talk about these amazing spin tops that hit each other to death and to finally say goodbye after 6 seasons might just be for the best

Overall, while it will be difficult to say goodbye. All good things must come to an end at some point and i'm excited to see what will come in the next series (if there is one)

Thank You, Hiro Morita for giving us an amazing series loved by bladers of all ages!

(This took way longer than it needed to, i cried a bit typing this)
(Oct. 15, 2021  3:53 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:

For me personally it's gonna be overwhelming - i joined this community in September 2019 and that was the GT Season i believe and i've become more and more excited towards Beyblade Burst since then (considering it's what got me into Beyblade in the first place). If DB is the last season then i really don't know what i'll do, i do know that my activity here on WBO will decrease drastically once burst ends because i will eventually run out of things to talk about and i will definitely run out of original content for fanfictions so i think once i've run out of steam for burst, i might just leave until a new series gets announced.

That doesn't mean i'll stop loving Beyblade, i love Beyblade just as much as the next person but if we have no content for a few years then it might be best to take a little break. I'll still watch the animes and i'll try to write new fanfictions when i can but i think it is safe to say that Burst while it had its ups and downs in both Products and Anime/Manga, it was definitely something that united the fanbase to talk about these amazing spin tops that hit each other to death and to finally say goodbye after 6 seasons might just be for the best

Overall, while it will be difficult to say goodbye. All good things must come to an end at some point and i'm excited to see what will come in the next series (if there is one)

Thank You, Hiro Morita for giving us an amazing series loved by bladers of all ages!

(This took way longer than it needed to, i cried a bit typing this)

I cried  LOT just READING this...
I wonder if they would do another hiatus or if they would launch a new series. Usually the hiatus is to allow the older generation of bladers to grow up and to wait for the next generation to come of age. Having a gap like that makes it seem like something new and fresh for the next generation rather than something that has been around forever. Although now Beyblade is popular among adults in their 20s in Japan, so I wonder if that would be enough for them to not do a hiatus this time.

Edit: Nevermind, Burst isn't ending. Morita-san is starting a new manga but he's also going to continue writing Burst.
(Oct. 15, 2021  6:27 AM)Wizard Wrote: Edit: Nevermind, Burst isn't ending. Morita-san is starting a new manga but he's also going to continue writing Burst. And GhostFox agrees

Yes I do Wizard.. LOL!

Also, phewww! I was about to faint when u guys said that burst was ending!
I mean beyblade burst is my LIFE!
(Oct. 15, 2021  6:27 AM)Wizard Wrote: Edit: Nevermind, Burst isn't ending. Morita-san is starting a new manga but he's also going to continue writing Burst.
Hold up Hirota Morita ISNT ENDING BURST!? AND HE’S STARTING A NEW SERIES!? THIS IS LITERALY THE BEST POSSIBLE OUTCOME! A NEW SERIES+ THE BEST SERIES STILL HAPPENNING! THATS INSANE! We’ll be able to have 2 different series all at once. Only problem I see is now we spend 2 times as much money, except for me my parents won’t do that. So people like me have to choose “okay it’s been 2 months I get another bey. Do I want burst or the new series” and believe me that questions gonna be hard to answer. Especially considering that I’m also into competitive now.