Beyblade Random Thoughts

here's a random thing, if slash valkryie and union achilles had a battle who would win?
(May. 30, 2021  12:11 AM)Johnnyboy7 Wrote: here's a random thing, if slash valkryie and union achilles had a battle who would win?

IRL Union Achilles dominates this fight. Slash is super burst prone, Union is sharp enough to tear it apart. Not even close, even with Convert dragging it down.
random thought #2: why does union Achilles speed mode exist?
(May. 30, 2021  1:21 AM)Lucha Burst Wrote: random thought #2: why does union Achilles speed mode exist?

It's actually a significant difference. Though Power mode is heavier, it relies on two points of contact and blocks off some smaller contact points. Speed Mode is more consistent, hitting off of a larger number of contacts but not hitting nearly as hard.

It's basically power vs. consistency.
(May. 30, 2021  1:26 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(May. 30, 2021  1:21 AM)Lucha Burst Wrote: random thought #2: why does union Achilles speed mode exist?

It's actually a significant difference. Though Power mode is heavier, it relies on two points of contact and blocks off some smaller contact points. Speed Mode is more consistent, hitting off of a larger number of contacts but not hitting nearly as hard.

In my testing, it doesn't really even work as much more than a stamina layer without the union swords, instead of the aggressive balance type it is. with the right combo, the Union Achilles layer is awesome but the same combo without the union sword bursts a lot... i honestly don't see the purpose or use of it...
#3 what if valt won the battle in Cho-Z
Random Thought #3: What would happen if Hasbro was good?
(May. 30, 2021  1:54 AM)Lucha Burst Wrote: Random Thought #3:  What would happen if Hasbro was good?

Well they could have best TT
(May. 30, 2021  1:30 AM)Lucha Burst Wrote:
(May. 30, 2021  1:26 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: It's actually a significant difference. Though Power mode is heavier, it relies on two points of contact and blocks off some smaller contact points. Speed Mode is more consistent, hitting off of a larger number of contacts but not hitting nearly as hard.

In my testing, it doesn't really even work as much more than a stamina layer without the union swords, instead of the aggressive balance type it is. with the right combo, the Union Achilles layer is awesome but the same combo without the union sword bursts a lot... i honestly don't see the purpose or use of it...

I haven't seen bursting issues from Speed Mode, and none of this contradicts what I've said either. Hitting weakly a ton of times can likely make it look like a Stamina type, which having that sort of flexibility is what Balance is about. Like, that itself is the point: it has a more and less aggressive mode.

Overall though, Union is just unimpressive any way you spin it. Better in Hasbro Only where there are fewer good raw Attack options, but Judgement is too strong from TT and doesn't give it a shot to succeed. I don't know why it's so overhyped as a layer still.
random thought#2: if spriggan, achilles, and valkryie were fused what would the bey have and what would the combo be?
(May. 30, 2021  1:54 AM)Lucha Burst Wrote: Random Thought #3: What would happen if Hasbro was good?

Fewer wild game-changing gimmicks, an actual chance to keep up without raising the prices so high like Pro Series, and just generally an easier way to get releases you may have missed from TT.
tbh hasbro did a great job on switch strike
Random thought #4 what if TT was bad at making beybade
(May. 30, 2021  2:32 AM)JJustice Wrote: Random thought #4  what if TT was bad at making beybade

Nope
(May. 30, 2021  2:27 AM)Johnnyboy7 Wrote: random thought#2: if spriggan, achilles, and valkryie were fused what would the bey have and what would the combo be?

An aggressive bey with a mode changing driver, 3 sides, and a rubber layer addon.
(May. 29, 2021  6:14 PM)USN Wrote:
(May. 29, 2021  3:34 AM)Orochi\s Blade Wrote: Yeah, eternal is better

In stamina or LAD?

both
(May. 30, 2021  3:05 AM)Orochi's Blade Wrote:
(May. 29, 2021  6:14 PM)USN Wrote: In stamina or LAD?

both

Hard disagree there.

Eternal's same spin is a little weaker compared to drivers like Revolve, and it's LAD is highly reliant on severely outclassed disks (e.g. Outer) or an absence of frames (on core disks) to avoid floor scrapes. It's usable, as long as you don't get a mold that wobbles (which for me was every release before Random Booster 22 sans the stock color from Archer Hercules) and as long as you don't use it with a double chassis (they will scrape for sure), but it's not as amazing as people hype it up to be in Standard and outclassed in older formats.

Absorb at its best can outspin Eternal and closer match drivers like Revolve, if you can control its earlier aggressive movements to avoid wall strikes. This is difficult when the combinations are heavy, making it hardest for Standard where heavy weights make it nearly uncontrollable short of a soft launch, but it's far easier in Classic where Absorb and Absorb-S are both top tier and perhaps even better than Revolve from sheer same spin alone. Even then in an optimized Standard combo Absorb should edge out Eternal in LAD as long as it's soft launched for control, winning there too.

Eternal is safer for Standard by sheer virtue of controllability, but Absorb is definitely stronger overall in both raw same spin power and LAD and shows it's strength even more in lightweight formats like Classic.
(May. 30, 2021  3:03 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(May. 30, 2021  3:05 AM)Orochi\s Blade Wrote: both

Hard disagree there.

Eternal's same spin is a little weaker compared to drivers like Revolve, and it's LAD is highly reliant on severely outclassed disks (e.g. Outer) or an absence of frames (on core disks) to avoid floor scrapes. It's usable, as long as you don't get a mold that wobbles (which for me was every release before Random Booster 22 sans the stock color from Archer Hercules) and as long as you don't use it with a double chassis (they will scrape for sure), but it's not as amazing as people hype it up to be in Standard and outclassed in older formats.

Absorb at its best can outspin Eternal and closer match drivers like Revolve, if you can control its earlier aggressive movements to avoid wall strikes. This is difficult when the combinations are heavy, making it hardest for Standard where heavy weights make it nearly uncontrollable short of a soft launch, but it's far easier in Classic where Absorb and Absorb-S are both top tier and perhaps even better than Revolve from sheer same spin alone. Even then in an optimized Standard combo Absorb should edge out Eternal in LAD as long as it's soft launched for control, winning there too.

Eternal is safer for Standard by sheer virtue of controllability, but Absorb is definitely stronger overall in both raw same spin power and LAD and shows it's strength even more in lightweight formats like Classic.

Okay, that's what my testing has shown too. Thank you!
Hello everybody, i have a question about Pro series Hasbro beys: are they only flawed by fast teeth wear or even the rest of the beys is liable to break or wear down fast too? I wanted to buy the set with Chozetsu Achilles and Valtryek recolor, especially for the black Achilles but if the rest of the layer is as tough as its teeth i will have to skip that one.
(May. 30, 2021  6:45 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Hello everybody, i have a question about Pro series Hasbro beys: are they only flawed by fast teeth wear or even the rest of the beys is liable to break or wear down fast too? I wanted to buy the set with Chozetsu Achilles and Valtryek recolor, especially for the black Achilles but if the rest of the layer is as tough as its teeth i will have to skip that one.
the teeth don't wear down that much if you click them together slowly when putting the combo together, but in my experience, the layer is decent quality and isn't at much risk of breaking
(May. 30, 2021  6:45 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Hello everybody, i have a question about Pro series Hasbro beys: are they only flawed by fast teeth wear or even the rest of the beys is liable to break or wear down fast too? I wanted to buy the set with Chozetsu Achilles and Valtryek recolor, especially for the black Achilles but if the rest of the layer is as tough as its teeth i will have to skip that one.

I've heard from one of the WBO staff that the metal from one of their pro series beys broke off and zankye has had his pro stadium crack
The thing that worries me the most is that Chozetsu Achilles' attack points can wear down too fast, if you have it please let me know.

Guys, Draciel F hypersphere is out! I've seen it on ebay.
(May. 30, 2021  1:54 AM)Lucha Burst Wrote: Random Thought #3:  What would happen if Hasbro was good?

The we’d go back to the days of switchstrike, where the only gimmick was the layer gimmick TT gave the beys. Good times

Also can someone test Volcanic’ awakened on Giga or tapered? Low mode could be the next big advancement in tornado stalling.
Hi guys, just got my tt Infinite Achilles sword mode. But i noticed something weird, the stickers sheet was kinda messed up. I mean, they couldn't come off as they were designed to be. Some of them are not even symmetrical, the bey looks strange. Decals have thicker borders on one side, thinner on the other for example. I read that random booster vol. 22 was kinda messy, wrong parts with wrong beys for example because of the lack of a more accurate quality control by Takara Tomy. Have you encountered problems like mine?
Thank you.