Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Feb. 16, 2021  5:20 PM)Ryuga's Son Wrote:
(Feb. 16, 2021  5:18 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: My final ranking of the Beyblade stocks:

S tier: Rage Longinus
A tier: Mirage Fafnir, World Spriggan, Infinite Achilles (all modes), Lucifer The End, Helios Volcano, Super Hyperion
B tier: Hollow Deathscyther, First Uranus (anime combo), Curse Satan
C tier: Jet Wyvern, King Helios, Glide Ragnaruk
D tier: Death/Abyss Diabolos, Variant Lucifer,

How about mfb stocks

Which season?
(Feb. 16, 2021  5:24 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Feb. 16, 2021  5:20 PM)Ryuga's Son Wrote: How about mfb stocks

Which season?

Metal Fury, the best one
(Feb. 16, 2021  5:18 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: My final ranking of the Beyblade stocks:

A tier: Mirage Fafnir, World Spriggan, Infinite Achilles (all modes), Lucifer The End, Helios Volcano, Super Hyperion

Brave and Burn are missing, and Variant should be at least B tier or high C tier due to the fact that it wins most opposite spin matches.
(Feb. 16, 2021  5:32 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:

Brave and Burn are missing, and Variant should be at least B tier or high C tier due to the fact that it wins most opposite spin matches.

My bad forgot about Brave and burn (fixed it). As for variant, I’m going to place it in low c tier just because it can only beat left spins.
Admittedly I feel like I’m becoming more and more tired of beyblade burst in terms of the products. Beys are just becoming harder and harder to burst and it’s really starting to get boring. I would say tt could just make the newer system more susceptible to bursting but that would just feel like a downgrade from the previous system to most people and a lot of products would likely be cast out of the metagame. It seems like burst has really just gone down the route of no return with the sparking system.
(Feb. 17, 2021  4:30 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
Admittedly I feel like I’m becoming more and more tired of beyblade burst in terms of the products. Beys are just becoming harder and harder to burst and it’s really starting to get boring. I would say tt could just make the newer system more susceptible to bursting but that would just feel like a downgrade from the previous system to most people and a lot of products would likely be cast out of the metagame. It seems like burst has really just gone down the route of no return with the sparking system.

It hurts reading through the wiki and seeing some cool things, like Nightmare Longinus, and the text basically boils down to "This used to be good, but it's outclassed now." Even a 'welcomed addition' just barely ranks above 'collection purposes only'.

Which is a shame because I think the black, silver, and purple NL is one of the coolest beys there is, yet, if I use it I'm at a significant handicap.

Power creep is the worst. I'm just getting into the series and I'm already feeling shoehorned into specific combos.
(Feb. 17, 2021  5:59 AM)NuclearCommando Wrote:

It hurts reading through the wiki and seeing some cool things, like Nightmare Longinus, and the text basically boils down to "This used to be good, but it's outclassed now." Even a 'welcomed addition' just barely ranks above 'collection purposes only'.

Which is a shame because I think the black, silver, and purple NL is one of the coolest beys there is, yet, if I use it I'm at a significant handicap.

Power creep is the worst. I'm just getting into the series and I'm already feeling shoehorned into specific combos.

Yeah lol, like say for example Spriggan Requiem. Went from god-tier to decent enough now.

TT has a problem with power creep, which is why MFB is my preferred Beyblade system. Sure you could say that zero g beys exsisted, but that power creep didn’t come till the very end of mfb (which is reasonable to end the series with super op beys, kind of like a Big Bang to finish it off). Honestly Beyblade has just come down to pay-to-win now which is really a shame because it just makes a bey which you were hyped for just sort of invaluable. (This is one reason hasbro is better than TT).
(Feb. 17, 2021  6:11 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2021  5:59 AM)NuclearCommando Wrote: It hurts reading through the wiki and seeing some cool things, like Nightmare Longinus, and the text basically boils down to "This used to be good, but it's outclassed now." Even a 'welcomed addition' just barely ranks above 'collection purposes only'.

TT has a problem with power creep, which is why MFB is my preferred Beyblade system. Sure you could say that zero g beys exsisted, but that power creep didn’t come till the very end of mfb (which is reasonable to end the series with super op beys, kind of like a Big Bang to finish it off). Honestly Beyblade has just come down to pay-to-win now which is really a shame because it just makes a bey which you were hyped for just sort of invaluable. (This is one reason hasbro is better than TT).

This is actually why the "Burst Classic" format has caught my attention. Allowing the use of older beyblades and not newer ones.

I wonder if something like that would happen now, or perhaps should happen now, now that we have Superking. A Burst Classic+, perhaps? Allowing everything before Superking became a thing?
I have one really important question: So, are there WBO BeyLoggers that keep track of data? As far as I know, I have only seen WBBA BeyLoggers.

It’s not just the power creep but the fact that beys don’t burst, I feel like it makes the game boring.
(Feb. 17, 2021  6:02 AM)Longinox Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2021  5:59 AM)NuclearCommando Wrote: It hurts reading through the wiki and seeing some cool things, like Nightmare Longinus, and the text basically boils down to "This used to be good, but it's outclassed now." Even a 'welcomed addition' just barely ranks above 'collection purposes only'.

Yeah lol, like say for example Spriggan Requiem. Went from god-tier to decent enough now.

Good riddance. If you were caught facing an opposite-spin Requiem, you'd basically already lost the match.
(Feb. 17, 2021  6:46 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote: I have one really important question: So, are there WBO BeyLoggers that keep track of data? As far as I know, I have only seen WBBA BeyLoggers.

TT controls the WBBA, so as the ones designing and producing Beyblades in Japan they naturally designed the beyloggers and made them available.

The WBO is a nonprofit organization, so they have no ability to produce anything at all, especially not Beyloggers. We're just here because we like Beyblades, and as fans long to see it played.
(Feb. 17, 2021  7:47 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2021  6:02 AM)Longinox Wrote: Yeah lol, like say for example Spriggan Requiem. Went from god-tier to decent enough now.

Good riddance. If you were caught facing an opposite-spin Requiem, you'd basically already lost the match.

Why is it that anything with Dual-spin in Burst means 'impending doom' to you whenever it's in Left-spin mode? (maybe except for Gravity Perseus remake and maybe Cho-Z or Legend Spriggan too)
(Feb. 17, 2021  9:00 AM)Longinox Wrote: Why is it that anything with Dual-spin in Burst means 'impending doom' to you whenever it's in Left-spin mode? (maybe except for Gravity Perseus remake and maybe Cho-Z or Legend Spriggan too)

Mostly it comes down to the fact that most dual spin capable layers are round enough to hold their ground decently well against left spin threats while being able to force LAD matches in its favor against all else. Left spin has always had fewer beys, and thus fewer options, which only makes LAD matches against right spin that much better. To boot most of these layers are round enough that left spin may still struggle to handle them in same-spin which makes it a generally safe play.

Legend Spriggan is indeed the biggest counterexample to this design as the only strictly aggressive dual spin layer (at least before the Gravity Perseus remake), and yet whenever it was still allowed to change directions via WBO rules it still saw some use on Bearing by those trying to cheese the rules and found some mild success there until that too was banned. It's not hyperbole to say that being able to swap spin directions is the strongest gimmick in the history of Beyblade, and always a reason to consider any layer capable of it.
Spriggan Requiem: I am the roundest bey

MFB: you dare oppose me mortal
(Feb. 17, 2021  3:34 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Spriggan Requiem: I am the roundest bey

MFB: you dare oppose me mortal

Let's change that a bit

Spriggan Requiem: I am the roundest bey

Rago: you dare oppose me mortal

Ryuga: I'm the Dragon Emperor
Lui: Now I am
Ryuga: How dare you, weakling?
Lui: *Ryuga rips his bey and Lui begs for mercy*
Ryuga: I am the Master of Left Rotation and Spin Stealing
Free: No I am
Ryuga: Die Weakling!
(Feb. 17, 2021  8:58 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2021  6:46 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote: I have one really important question: So, are there WBO BeyLoggers that keep track of data? As far as I know, I have only seen WBBA BeyLoggers.

TT controls the WBBA, so as the ones designing and producing Beyblades in Japan they naturally designed the beyloggers and made them available.

The WBO is a nonprofit organization, so they have no ability to produce anything at all, especially not Beyloggers. We're just here because we like Beyblades, and as fans long to see it played.

Well, that's disappointing... and well, does Takra Tomy have a system for Hasbro beys? That might be kind of a dumb question, but I'm just asking because I am purely a Hasbro collector.
(Feb. 17, 2021  4:48 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote: Well, that's disappointing... and well, does Takra Tomy have a system for Hasbro beys? That might be kind of a dumb question, but I'm just asking because I am purely a Hasbro collector.

I'm not sure what you mean by this question. I can only guess that you're asking something about whether TT recognizes Hasbeys as official or have some sort of parts tracker like they did with their app, and the answer to that is no. I'm pretty sure Hasbeys are considered unofficial for WBBA tournaments, and therefore cannot be used. Only TT beys or Young Toys beys can be used.

Despite that, given the necessary inter-company communications between the two, TT may have very well been behind the slope system that Hasbro uses and/or played a part in some of Hasbro's redesigns and unique layers. The two companies are connected strongly despite remaining so independent to one another.
(Feb. 17, 2021  6:45 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2021  4:48 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote: Well, that's disappointing... and well, does Takra Tomy have a system for Hasbro beys? That might be kind of a dumb question, but I'm just asking because I am purely a Hasbro collector.

I'm not sure what you mean by this question. I can only guess that you're asking something about whether TT recognizes Hasbeys as official or have some sort of parts tracker like they did with their app, and the answer to that is no. I'm pretty sure Hasbeys are considered unofficial for WBBA tournaments, and therefore cannot be used. Only TT beys or Young Toys beys can be used.

Despite that, given the necessary inter-company communications between the two, TT may have very well been behind the slope system that Hasbro uses and/or played a part in some of Hasbro's redesigns and unique layers. The two companies are connected strongly despite remaining so independent to one another.

Thanks, this is quite useful
Out of a bad batch of midfakes I just got in, I was actually surprised to see 3 real ones in it.

You know, after ordering replacements already from a reputable seller, so now I'll have 3 duplicates.

Good times. This is what happens when you jump the gun
Why didn't anyone on Neoborg visit Tala in the hospital, except Kai? Where was the rest of Neoborg, when Tala was in the hospital?
(Feb. 21, 2021  10:00 PM)xxeliza321xx Wrote: Why didn't anyone on Neoborg visit Tala in the hospital, except Kai? Where was the rest of Neoborg, when Tala was in the hospital?

He could have been visited off screen.
(Feb. 21, 2021  10:13 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2021  10:00 PM)xxeliza321xx Wrote: Why didn't anyone on Neoborg visit Tala in the hospital, except Kai? Where was the rest of Neoborg, when Tala was in the hospital?

He could have been visited off screen.
Yeah, I hope that that was the case, but I didn't wanna just assume something without actually seeing it 🤷🏻‍♀️
My random thought is how many of you will subscribe just by seeing this https://youtu.be/SJFu3tRtfcE

My random thought is how many of you will subscribe just by seeing this https://youtu.be/SJFu3tRtfcE

(Feb. 21, 2021  10:48 PM)B37blad3_master Wrote: My random thought is how many of you will subscribe just by seeing this https://youtu.be/SJFu3tRtfcE