Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jan. 29, 2020  6:00 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jan. 29, 2020  3:39 AM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote: you must have a fake Lord Spriggan cause drivers can't be unscrewed.

So much this. Real drivers use this sort of flat metal rivot that prevents the driver from being disassembled at all without breaking it. On top of that official layers use tri-wing screws that can't be unscrewed with a standard flathead/phillips screwdriver. Ordinary screws on (almost) any part is a sign that your bey is counterfeit and not an official Hasbro/TT product.

The only exception to this is electronic drivers (e.g. Hybrid, Ignition', Hasbro's Ripfire drivers) which all have a single standard screw for access to the batteries, though they still use tri-wing screws everywhere else for assembly. It would sorta be a problem if you couldn't actually access the batteries, so that needs a common type of screw.

targatomy you cant unscrew?
(Jan. 30, 2020  1:38 AM)Infernia Wrote:
(Jan. 29, 2020  6:00 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: So much this. Real drivers use this sort of flat metal rivot that prevents the driver from being disassembled at all without breaking it. On top of that official layers use tri-wing screws that can't be unscrewed with a standard flathead/phillips screwdriver. Ordinary screws on (almost) any part is a sign that your bey is counterfeit and not an official Hasbro/TT product.

The only exception to this is electronic drivers (e.g. Hybrid, Ignition', Hasbro's Ripfire drivers) which all have a single standard screw for access to the batteries, though they still use tri-wing screws everywhere else for assembly. It would sorta be a problem if you couldn't actually access the batteries, so that needs a common type of screw.

targatomy you cant unscrew?

The drivers for sure. If there's any Phillip's head screws then it's definitely a fake. Takara Tomy and Hasbro layers have Tri-Wing screws which can be unscrewed (although I would advise not to do it!), but only with a special Tri-Wing screwdriver
(Jan. 30, 2020  1:38 AM)Infernia Wrote: targatomy you cant unscrew?

That is what I said, yes. TT layers either use tri-wing screws that require a special type of screwdriver to unscrew or don't have screws at all, being held together by some other means (such as some Cho-Z layers where the metal ends in a rivot to hold the layer together).

The only exception to this is the underside of Hybrid and Ignition', which have a single hybrid phillips/flathead screw so you can replace the batteries.
what about legend spriggans eneryg layer to change the meatal peace?
(Jan. 30, 2020  1:42 AM)JoMario67 Wrote:
(Jan. 30, 2020  1:38 AM)Infernia Wrote: targatomy you cant unscrew?

The drivers for sure.  If there's any Phillip's head screws then it's definitely a fake.  Takara Tomy and Hasbro layers have Tri-Wing screws which can be unscrewed (although I would advise not to do it!), but only with a special Tri-Wing screwdriver

You CAN unscrew tri-wing screws without a special screwdriver. I've done it with Orichalcum.
(Jan. 30, 2020  11:32 PM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote:
(Jan. 30, 2020  1:42 AM)JoMario67 Wrote: The drivers for sure.  If there's any Phillip's head screws then it's definitely a fake.  Takara Tomy and Hasbro layers have Tri-Wing screws which can be unscrewed (although I would advise not to do it!), but only with a special Tri-Wing screwdriver

You CAN unscrew tri-wing screws without a special screwdriver. I've done it with Orichalcum.

Well, that's a lot harder and could strip both the screwhead and the screw driver. But yes, it is possible to do that.
(Jan. 31, 2020  12:01 AM)JoMario67 Wrote:
(Jan. 30, 2020  11:32 PM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: You CAN unscrew tri-wing screws without a special screwdriver. I've done it with Orichalcum.

Well, that's a lot harder and could strip both the screwhead and the screw driver. But yes, it is possible to do that.

This is one of those times where "it's possible" doesn't mean it's a good idea. As a society we've sort of forgotten that just because we can do something doesn't mean we should.
I had a wierd dream where there was a GT Ragnaruk but the GT chip was just the center piece of Crash Ragnaruk. Plus, it had the Rock Layer base and was compatable with a level chip!
(Jan. 31, 2020  2:49 PM)lilphilyb Wrote: I had a wierd dream where there was a GT Ragnaruk but the GT chip was just the center piece of Crash Ragnaruk. Plus, it had the Rock Layer base and was compatable with a level chip!

GT bases intrinsically don't work with level chips, so this is very much just a dream and not a reality. The level chip would have to go through the GT chip-locking tabs, and a level chip would block Gen from being used if it could miraculously fit on somehow as they'd both fit in the same gaps.

Rock is also a terrible fit for a Ragnaruk bey. Doesn't even remotely fit its design, though Grand is decently close.
Takara-Tomy layers are MUCH HARDER to unscrew than the Hasbro ones. If you wanna do that, be careful. Screws don't move at all? Don't force the screw driver or you'll ruin the screw head. Instead, push in the screw driver as hard as you can while turning it , if you do it right you'll feel the layer kinda shaking in your hands. Do the same with the other screws. Hasbro layers don't need you to do the same thing in a certain way, screws are MUCH EASIER to remove.
(Jan. 31, 2020  3:38 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Takara-Tomy layers are MUCH HARDER to unscrew than the Hasbro ones. If you wanna do that, be careful. Screws don't move at all? Don't force the screw driver or you'll ruin the screw head. Instead, push in the screw driver as hard as you can while turning it , if you do it right you'll feel the layer kinda shaking in your hands. Do the same with the other screws. Hasbro layers don't need you to do the same thing in a certain way, screws are MUCH EASIER to remove.

Thank you, I know this wasn’t for me but I needed it
(Jan. 31, 2020  9:47 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote:
(Jan. 31, 2020  3:38 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Takara-Tomy layers are MUCH HARDER to unscrew than the Hasbro ones. If you wanna do that, be careful. Screws don't move at all? Don't force the screw driver or you'll ruin the screw head. Instead, push in the screw driver as hard as you can while turning it , if you do it right you'll feel the layer kinda shaking in your hands. Do the same with the other screws. Hasbro layers don't need you to do the same thing in a certain way, screws are MUCH EASIER to remove.

Thank you, I know this wasn’t for me but I needed it

You're welcome Smile
I'm a mods' enthusiast.
A GT Cheeto! The name would be Cheeto Horusood
mine is lord, diabolos 2 (master) and judgement, PLUS, I really like KEN AND SHU!!!! plus valt
(Feb. 02, 2020  6:46 AM)mrule5 Wrote: What’s everyone’s favorite bey?

Probably a balance type like lord or union
I’m new to burst, but So far I really like my Glyph Dragon!
(Feb. 02, 2020  7:38 PM)mrule5 Wrote: I’m new to burst, but So far I really like my Glyph Dragon!

You got Glyph? Hasbro Glyph Dragon?
Yeah! I found him at target yesterday and fell in love with the design
(Feb. 02, 2020  8:42 PM)mrule5 Wrote: Yeah! I found him at target yesterday and fell in love with the design

In America or in Canada?
(Feb. 02, 2020  10:06 PM)mrule5 Wrote: In America

Wave 2 is in target but not in Walmart? Aw man.
Which is better lord spriggan or prime apocolypse
(Feb. 02, 2020  11:33 PM)Nik P. Wrote: Which is better lord spriggan or prime apocolypse

Does pa have the Big Bang armor
(Feb. 02, 2020  11:54 PM)The Rex Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2020  11:33 PM)Nik P. Wrote: Which is better lord spriggan or prime apocolypse

Does pa have the Big Bang armor

Left Lord Spriggan is crazy on Br/Xt+. On right it's meh. Prime Apocalypse is definitely better than Lord in same-spin, even if pA has no armor. With armor, you can imagine how good it is.