Beyblade Random Thoughts

I know... that’s why I picked what I picked
So my sister go this L.O.L surprise thingy for her birthday (which was today btw.) And the case that came with it makes for a extremely fun BeyStadium. I might make a video about it to show.
Maybe I’ll celebrate this new year with a harder launch on my Turbo Valtryek.
Anyone have new year's resolutions for 2020? Yes to do with beyblade
Wow, Zephyr dents a lot. Not even from a KO this time, I don't think. Second Zephyr totaled.
(Jan. 02, 2020  1:38 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Wow, Zephyr dents a lot. Not even from a KO this time, I don't think. Second Zephyr totaled.

Zephyr can be dented pretty easily, but it's still a lot more sturdy than it's MFB counterpart Hole Flat. You could almost dent that by breathing on it.

A single dent isn't going to trash its performance too terribly, though too many or too big a dent and it could be problematic.
Remember back in the old days of the plastic generation when you could swap the Bit Chip of each bey?
[Image: img_20200102_084023_by_naivintage_ddnin7...bO-EPeFn-k]
(Jan. 02, 2020  2:53 PM)Dracieleone Wrote: Remember back in the old days of the plastic generation when you could swap the Bit Chip of each bey?
[Image: img_20200102_084023_by_naivintage_ddnin7...bO-EPeFn-k]

Damn! That is cool
Hey anyone know if unicrest is useable against any future (or TT) beys?
(Jan. 04, 2020  2:30 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: Hey anyone know if unicrest is useable against any future (or TT) beys?

Just in Burst Classic, and if you don’t have Any forge disks (the ones that don’t have numbers for name) you’ll have to borrow one at that type of tournament.
(Jan. 04, 2020  2:34 PM)I’m BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 04, 2020  2:30 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: Hey anyone know if unicrest is useable against any future (or TT) beys?

Just in Burst Classic, and if you don’t have Any forge disks (the ones that don’t have numbers for name) you’ll have to borrow one at that type of tournament.
No, I’m good in that department. Just got seven yesterday while hunting for atomic.

2020 Beyblade resolution: participate in more tourneys and don’t lose immediately
(Jan. 04, 2020  2:37 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote:
(Jan. 04, 2020  2:34 PM)I’m BuilderROB Wrote: Just in Burst Classic, and if you don’t have Any forge disks (the ones that don’t have numbers for name) you’ll have to borrow one at that type of tournament.
No, I’m good in that department. Just got seven yesterday while hunting for atomic.

2020 Beyblade resolution: participate in more tourneys and don’t lose immediately

No, I mean no core disks, which includes all discs that are named numbers. Only ones with names like vertical or wing or Gravity.
So things like magnum
(Jan. 04, 2020  2:45 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: So things like magnum

Yep, you got it!
Me has question, is 9 legal????
(Jan. 04, 2020  2:59 PM)Dacatman Wrote: Me has question, is 9 legal????

Yes, however it is not called 9, it is called nine.
So, someone brought up the "buffs" with the white Wizard and the blue Cosmo in Discord, and I sorta went a little bit nuts once I found the little interior tab there present on those releases that were absent from their predecessors. So naturally, I took this a step further and found out exactly which GT bases have this interior tab.

Bases that always have this tab:
Upgraded Bases that didn't originally have this tab but now do:
Bases that have yet to see release with this tab:
Thing is, if you pay attention you can see when these layers without these tabs gained them: sometime after Random Booster 15 (Cosmo Valkyrie)/Grand Valkyrie Zenith Hold', but before Random Booster 16 (Flare Dragon)/Random Layer 2 (Poison Hydra). Nothing that has changed was released between these two points in time, and the first changes were seen in Random Layer 2 with Rock Valkyrie and Bushin Hydra, and has more recently spread to Cosmo, Wizard, and Grand. I don't know if the orange Grand from Grand Valkyrie Ωuter Variable' is of the new mold, though I believe it probably does given its release date.

EDIT: Added Naked to the "no tab" list, as I just got it. Every other release in this random booster follows along with every other layer base of their type.
(Jan. 04, 2020  11:47 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: So, someone brought up the "buffs" with the white Wizard and the blue Cosmo in Discord, and I sorta went a little bit nuts once I found the little interior tab there present on those releases that were absent from their predecessors. So naturally, I took this a step further and found out exactly which GT bases have this interior tab.

Bases that always have this tab:
Upgraded Bases that didn't originally have this tab but now do:
Bases that have yet to see release with this tab:
Thing is, if you pay attention you can see when these layers without these tabs gained them: sometime after Random Booster 15 (Cosmo Valkyrie)/Grand Valkyrie Zenith Hold', but before Random Booster 16 (Flare Dragon)/Random Layer 2 (Poison Hydra). Nothing that has changed was released between these two points in time, and the first changes were seen in Random Layer 2 with Rock Valkyrie and Bushin Hydra, and has more recently spread to Cosmo, Wizard, and Grand. I don't know if the orange Grand from Grand Valkyrie Ωuter Variable' is of the new mold, though I believe it probably does given its release date.

So just to clarify, by "buffs" you meant they made the newer molds more Burst resistant by letting the Chips go deeper into the Base, hence increasing the friction of the Chip teeth with the Driver? Or is it adding additional clicks compared to the predecessor molds?
(Jan. 05, 2020  12:46 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: So just to clarify, by "buffs" you meant they made the newer molds more Burst resistant by letting the Chips go deeper into the Base, hence increasing the friction of the Chip teeth with the Driver? Or is it adding additional clicks compared to the predecessor molds?

I'm not sure about the chips going deeper in, though I think they might do that too (though I haven't yet confirmed this). What I'm talking about is the confirmation both of a mold variation and the timing thereof.

Take any of the layers from the first list and look on the inside of the central ring. You should see this vertical strip of plastic aligned dead-center with the tabs, and right at the end of the flanges on the bottom. These "upgraded" layer bases in the second list didn't originally have this vertical strip, but as of any release from Random Booster 16/Random Layer 2 on has gotten a new mold that now does (including specifically the colors mentioned in said list, and maybe the orange Grand from GV.Ω.V').

Given that there are claims that the blue Cosmo and white/black Wizard are tighter and have better burst resistance, and I've at least felt this with Wizard, it's possible that this different mold corresponds at least somewhat to this "buff" in burst resistance. This in turn leads to the assumption that Bushin, Grand, and Rock have also been buffed similarly in terms of burst resistance as well.

I see no way to add extra clicks from a layer base though. That's not how they work.
(Jan. 05, 2020  4:46 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2020  12:46 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: So just to clarify, by "buffs" you meant they made the newer molds more Burst resistant by letting the Chips go deeper into the Base, hence increasing the friction of the Chip teeth with the Driver? Or is it adding additional clicks compared to the predecessor molds?

I'm not sure about the chips going deeper in, though I think they might do that too (though I haven't yet confirmed this). What I'm talking about is the confirmation both of a mold variation and the timing thereof.

Take any of the layers from the first list and look on the inside of the central ring. You should see this vertical strip of plastic aligned dead-center with the tabs, and right at the end of the flanges on the bottom. These "upgraded" layer bases in the second list didn't originally have this vertical strip, but as of any release from Random Booster 16/Random Layer 2 on has gotten a new mold that now does (including specifically the colors mentioned in said list, and maybe the orange Grand from GV.Ω.V').

Given that there are claims that the blue Cosmo and white/black Wizard are tighter and have better burst resistance, and I've at least felt this with Wizard, it's possible that this different mold corresponds at least somewhat to this "buff" in burst resistance. This in turn leads to the assumption that Bushin, Grand, and Rock have also been buffed similarly in terms of burst resistance as well.

I see no way to add extra clicks from a layer base though. That's not how they work.

In that case, the said "buffs" due to mold variance may be the most plausible reason as to why some of the Base recolors felt much tighter with the same Chip+Driver setup as opposed to their original color counterparts. But that still might not explain why Ashura Chip from Booster felt looser than the RBV one.
(Jan. 05, 2020  5:12 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: In that case, the said "buffs" due to mold variance may be the most plausible reason as to why some of the Base recolors felt much tighter with the same Chip+Driver setup as opposed to their original color counterparts. But that still might not explain why Ashura Chip from Booster felt looser than the RBV one.

Well that's because that's a chip, not a base. That's a totally unrelated aside.
I don't want to necro-post so I'll just put this here, but putting silicone lubricant into the gears in an LR Burst Beylauncher (into the gaps where the plastic gear rotates on a metal axis) is still considered illegal? I'm just curious since I just wanted to do it to preserve the Launchers as I recently found out that the main reason why several of my previous launchers continued to skip despite having fixed the "8" ring on the launching prong is that the main gear for right spin mode has worn down to such extent that it wobbles and subsequently also breaks the other gear it meshes with. The end results in weak Bey spins despite monster-pulls from the string (while creating a disorienting crackly ratchet-y noise). I'm talking about trying to preserve the launchers as the main purpose, not to make it as a way of "cheating" or getting ahead of others.

Another is if it is illegal to sand down some Layers/Chips that tend to stick to the LR Launcher so as to let them off easily during launch instead of harming the internals of the Launcher due to the Bey sticking to the prong.
I recently made a Q&A thread asking this same question...
and Unfortunately putting LubeSauce in your launcher is illegal... DC told me...

Tbh I think its a rule that won’t hurt anyone if it was removed, cuz it only preserves the gears, and I’ll dare say that it “restores” performance, not really “enhancing” performance... launchers aren’t getting any more affordable, so I think that a rule Change should at least be considered...

I hope they do remove the rule... cuz I spent over $100 on my 2nd pair of digital sword launchers cuz my first pair wore out quite quickly... and I would love to (maintain) the launchers I have now instead of constantly barfing out money for new launchers.... jus saiyan....
(Jan. 05, 2020  7:22 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote: I recently made a Q&A thread asking this same question...
and Unfortunately putting LubeSauce in your launcher is illegal... DC told me...

Tbh I think its a rule that won’t hurt anyone if it was removed, cuz it only preserves the gears, and I’ll dare say that it “restores” performance, not really “enhancing” performance... launchers aren’t getting any more affordable, so I think that a rule Change should at least be considered...

I hope they do remove the rule... cuz I spent over $100 on my 2nd pair of digital sword launchers cuz my first pair wore out quite quickly... and I would love to (maintain) the launchers I have now instead of constantly barfing out money for new launchers.... jus saiyan....

Just saying, Digital Sword Launchers are the most expensive launchers with the shortest lifetime possible (sometimes even less than a day). You really shouldn't be relying on them for any sort of longevity. I can easily get the same power out of long string launchers, and only slightly reduced power from either long light launchers or long L/R ripcord launchers. I'd highly suggest finding out which of these works better for you so you're not chucking out so much cash. Also, maybe buy wholesale from everwish if you're really afraid of launcher breaks? Even after shipping, if you get enough things you're still saving a ton by finding a more durable launcher.

That being said, any sort of lubricant on the inside will naturally make it easier for the gears to spin and subtly improve performance, though you may not notice it immediately. I know for my launches the friction of the internal components is one of the only things limiting my launching power, and this sort of lubrication could really power up my pulls. That's not fair for anyone.
Well said... numbuh 1... I don’t necessarily “rely” on the digital sword launchers, specifically cuz the control factor on those launchers are close to nuffin, but even if we’re talking about the LR string launchers, long ripcord launchers, even the regular sword launchers, I usually hafta buy 3-4 at a time cuz I blow through the geerz so fast (and no, I’m not a launcher clicker....) and I think that sucks..

Numbuh 2... in my case of using LubeSauce, it doesn’t necessarily (Enhance) the launcher’s performance,
It more so (restores) it’s original performance.
Well... then again, that’s what I seen in my case,
You may have seen and felt something different and I respect that.

I’m not afraid of farting out tons of money for beyblades, beylaunchers, or bey accessories, I just don’t want to if I don’t have to!
And not everyone has been blessed with ankle-deep pockets full of fiat currency to spend on launchers, (As most of them are children) and i don’t think that’s fair for anyone, as It’s already bad enough that beyblades themselves will cost ya yer face...