Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Mar. 03, 2017  4:55 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: I stumbled across this video recently while searching for picture references for the Burst Dragoon and it's pretty cool.

If Dragoon S is as good at spin-stealing as shown in this video, the meta may/may not get even more one-sidedly rekt by stamina lol. I'll have to remember to do some tests once my L2 and White Dragoon arrive.

That's definitely interesting, but the relevancy of it competitively was put into question immediately after he put it up against OHR haha.

I still don't have Dragoon S myself and I was actually wondering; has anyone tried it on Revolve at all? I'm guessing it wouldn't be that great, but I have wondered if it could be better than L2 in terms of Stamina because it isn't as aggressively designed.

(Mar. 04, 2017  3:47 PM)Wizard Wrote: I'm really excited for this, I'll take photos and write up a post afterwards about my experience. Smile

Looking forward to hearing how this goes!
This is probably the very craziest commercial we have seen of Beyblade:

That is like, the derpiest thing I have seen in months...
Dat face tho
If I was not already interested in Beyblade, that would have done the job no doubt lol.
My brother and I were discussing what the dub names of the remaining Dual Layers could be and it was insane

If Anubion A2 is called "Awesome Anubion" in the dub I will burn my Hasbro collection in effigy (a dark effigy, if you will. (my puns will die when i die))
I just made up a beyblade burst nursery rhyme in the tune of "I'm a little teapot" while I was playing with my burst beys

I'm a little beyblade short and wide
These are my wheels, thus is my driver
Once you launch me up, I rev up tight
Clang
Boom
Boom
I explode on sight

I know corny but hey I tried
I'm sure this has been mentioned before but the uriel 2 bey is probably the most fragile beyblade I ever owned. Even with care, assembling it still caused damage to the bey. I'd recommmend buying capricorn strike g as it's much more stable a bey.
(Mar. 05, 2017  10:35 PM)Yblader1 Wrote: I'm sure this has been mentioned before but the uriel 2 bey is probably the most fragile beyblade I ever owned. Even with care, assembling it still caused damage to the bey. I'd recommmend buying capricorn strike g as it's much more stable a bey.

It's called gold plastic syndrome and it's well known about. Yeah the only problem with that is that Uriel 2's tip is one of the best for attack whereas Capricorne Strike G has the gyro base instead. And also people want to buy Uriel 2 because it looks like the one in the anime unlike Capricorne Strike G.
(Mar. 05, 2017  11:10 PM)Ultra Wrote: It's called gold plastic syndrome and it's well known about. Yeah the only problem with that is that Uriel 2's tip is one of the best for attack whereas Capricorne Strike G has the gyro base instead. And also people want to buy Uriel 2 because it looks like the one in the anime unlike Capricorne Strike G.

GPS!!! I thought this was a transformer only problem, I had no clue that it existed in beyblade,  I wonder if the plastic was gold though....fascinating...and yet terrifying
(Mar. 05, 2017  11:58 PM)Clonetos Wrote: GPS!!! I thought this was a transformer only problem, I had no clue that it existed in beyblade,  I wonder if the plastic was gold though....fascinating...and yet terrifying

Well, it exists with all gold and yellow plastic, and as far as I know, Transformers are just the ones who suffer from it the most, so it's a common mistake to think it's Transformer exclusive.
(Mar. 06, 2017  1:57 AM)Discord Blader Wrote: Well, it exists with all gold and yellow plastic, and as far as I know, Transformers are just the ones who suffer from it the most, so it's a common mistake to think it's Transformer exclusive.

Tbh I only ever heard of it, and saw cases in transformer toys...I cannot begin to know the cringe of seeing a bey crumble in your hands
(Mar. 06, 2017  3:36 AM)Clonetos Wrote: Tbh I only ever heard of it, and saw cases in transformer toys...I cannot begin to know the cringe of seeing a bey crumble in your hands

If one of my beys crumbled in my hand I would cry in the darkest corner of a dark closet and, call the manufacturer and SUE THEM FOR THE SUM OF $75,886,722,838,640,610,468,340,648,640,664,846,861,816,004,606,406,106,046,846,009,570,640,310,640,034,064,066,489,843,816,001,331,258,810,018,676,016,780,163,726,480,437,601,510,248,406,858,894,875,789,046,484,637,810 with .99¢! Is there a name for that number?
(Mar. 06, 2017  3:58 AM)Discord Blader Wrote: If one of my beys crumbled in my hand I would cry in the darkest corner of a dark closet and, call the manufacturer and SUE THEM FOR THE SUM OF $75,886,722,838,640,610,468,340,648,640,664,846,861,816,004,606,406,106,046,846,009,570,640,310,640,034,064,066,489,843,816,001,331,258,810,018,676,016,780,163,726,480,437,601,510,248,406,858,894,875,789,046,484,637,810 with .99¢! Is there a name for that number?

The number is called 'utter spam' Wink
(Mar. 06, 2017  4:00 AM)Hato Wrote: The number is called 'utter spam' Wink

Thnx. So I will sue them for an utter spam with .99¢ for making a bey that crumbles in your hand.
[Image: qqrcef.png]
This may be a pathetic attempt to get someone to buy this lol, but now this has me somewhat interested: Were there actually any summer promos actually done by hasbro back in Metal Fusion?
(Mar. 05, 2017  5:13 AM)Kei Wrote: That's definitely interesting, but the relevancy of it competitively was put into question immediately after he put it up against OHR haha.

I still don't have Dragoon S myself and I was actually wondering; has anyone tried it on Revolve at all? I'm guessing it wouldn't be that great, but I have wondered if it could be better than L2 in terms of Stamina because it isn't as aggressively designed.

Looking forward to hearing how this goes!

It looks to me like Dragoon's grip on opponents helps a lot in terms of spin equalisation and it's lack of weight means that it will take less angular momentum for the same amount of RPM, again making it more effective. Where L2 outshines it is in lack of recoil (both sides) and better balance. DS looks to topple crazily easily so it'll need a very stable driver to win on stamina.

Personally, I'd like to see it with a compact disk on yielding. Zeus' tip, Rock Bison's base and ten heavy made it utterly insane in the old days.
(Mar. 06, 2017  1:57 AM)Discord Blader Wrote: Well, it exists with all gold and yellow plastic, and as far as I know, Transformers are just the ones who suffer from it the most, so it's a common mistake to think it's Transformer exclusive.

Not all gold plastic gets it, it was just named because it was seen in gold plastic first. If anything it is in metallic like plastic and the only sign of it is if there are swirls in said plastic but even then only time will tell if it crumbles or not
(Mar. 06, 2017  6:12 PM)Clonetos Wrote: Not all gold plastic gets it, it was just named because it was seen in gold plastic first. If anything it is in metallic like plastic and the only sign of it is if there are swirls in said plastic but even then only time will tell if it crumbles or not

I never knew this was a thing. In my plastics collection I have a yellow Wolborg (I think?) And it has a free-spinning base. Well, that free-spinnjng base is cracked completely in half and thinking on it now I'm pretty sure there was a swirl on it. Very interesting.
I'm so far behind on anything Burst related and this has most likely been discussed before, but I bought my first Burst today and the Hasbro naming system is whack. Not liking that the drivers and discs are literal numbers. They're very pretty though. :3
(Mar. 05, 2017  12:07 PM)Ninja Blader Wrote: Initial sketch of Deathacyther

If image isn't working

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRQRsfMgyGFc...JCsgWoA00/
[Image: BRQRsfMgyGFcX1LRD8USunv0WMcYY9JCsgWoA00]

Interesting! Some of the initial sketches definitely look a lot more offensive, like Deathscyther was actually supposed to be an Attack type.
Imgur is not working for me don't know why.
But this is the initial sketch of Armed disk
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRYIbbHA3Mxk...MTylSzhY0/
(Mar. 08, 2017  1:31 PM)Ninja Blader Wrote: Imgur is not working for me don't know why.
But this is the initial sketch of Armed disk
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRYIbbHA3Mxk...MTylSzhY0/

There is nothing initial about it though: that is the blank drawing of Armed and they are showing you where you can find an "A" in the design. 

Also, since these are usually posted on Twitter, why don't you just post Twitter's URL for the pictures? You do not need Imgur or Instagram.
Is anyone concerned for the disks of the next generation of Burst? Sure, some may be good in the fat that thy could potentially make contact with other disks, but they all are flat so far. I know we have only seen 3 disks from the new gen, but this plus the fact that more plastic is being used rather than metal makes me worry about the weight. Idk, i'm just concerned about this generation of Burst being too 'gimmicky', as seen with Legend Spriggan, especially.
There will be a God Beyblade Design Contest in Japan. The grand prizes are ironically old Beyblades: a gold Victory Valkyrie, one of the Lost Longinus recolours, amaterios and Baldur. Secondary prizes are the blue and the black/gold Lost Longinus recolours. I believe that the deadline is April 14th 2017.