Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Oct. 29, 2016  1:03 PM)Ultra Wrote: I'm kinda hoping the burst Driger S isn't that great because if it becomes top tier we'll have to really shell out to get multiples Crying

From what people who own it have said, they said Driger S' layer seemed crazy strong, and even with a Fusion driver, it actually does okay stock, but I guess we'll need some tests first.
(Oct. 30, 2016  2:12 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2016  1:03 PM)Ultra Wrote: I'm kinda hoping the burst Driger S isn't that great because if it becomes top tier we'll have to really shell out to get multiples Crying

From what people who own it have said, they said Driger S' layer seemed crazy strong, and even with a Fusion driver, it actually does okay stock, but I guess we'll need some tests first.
If Driger S Layer is really powerful and Competitive that it would really became a problem for who aren't getting a Full set of RBV4 ! I am really interested to know if it can beat the Top tier Combos or not ! Even I am looking forward to this Beyblade's Tests hah.
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/BEYBLADE-DEATH-D...Ciid%253A2

Wow this... THING is really strange!
(Oct. 31, 2016  1:16 AM)Jinbee Wrote: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/BEYBLADE-DEATH-D...Ciid%253A2

Haha lol I wouldn't buy that

Edit: My post sounded mean what I meant was that I couldn't buy because I'm kinda broke but it does look interesting
(Oct. 31, 2016  1:20 AM){YT}Enderz Wrote:
(Oct. 31, 2016  1:16 AM)Jinbee Wrote: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/BEYBLADE-DEATH-D...Ciid%253A2

Haha lol I wouldn't buy that

Edit: My post sounded mean what I meant was that I couldn't buy because I'm kinda broke but it does look interesting

It doesn't sound that mean to me. No one would buy that, it's butchered, it's got an extremely ugly paint job, the thing is dangerously sharpened and it's too pricey for it's own good.
Their other auctions aren't much better. Battle damaged version black Dranzer... Pretty sure it's just broken mate. And it's not even an actual black dranzer. It's a terribly painted normal Dranzer F.
(Oct. 31, 2016  1:48 AM)Ultra Wrote: Their other auctions aren't much better. Battle damaged version black Dranzer... Pretty sure it's just broken mate. And it's not even an actual black dranzer. It's a terribly painted normal Dranzer F.

Yeah I've seen that and I think it's even worse than that stripped Driger MS repaint. Now don't get me wrong, the Death Driger MS mod is worse in terms of quality but it's like so obviously terrible that it's easily avoidable, but that normal Dranzer MS recolour is actively trying to scam people.
Now that I think about it, I wonder how crazy/ridiculous/fun it would get with a 20k RPM launch with an M145Q combo in a zero g stadium, haha.
Beyblade Burst is apparently 21st in the Top 30 toys, probably in Japan. Pokémon Go is of course the best.

http://mantan-web.jp/gallery/2016/11/03/...c/022.html
Wow that's cool! Top 30 of the decade? Of all time?
Oh of the year 2016 only hah.
Well... it's still pretty good I suppose.
(Nov. 03, 2016  5:12 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Pokemon Go is not a toy...

http://mantan-web.jp/gallery/2016/11/03/...c/001.html

This looks very toy-like to me.
(Nov. 03, 2016  5:34 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Key chains, hair clips and phone charms look toy-like to you?
(Nov. 03, 2016  5:43 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2016  5:34 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Key chains, hair clips and phone charms look toy-like to you?
that pokemon watch thing, works in conjunction with your phone so you don't have to constantly pull your phone out when playing pokemon go.
It depends on whether app games count as toys, I want to say "yes" but I'm no expert at it.
(Nov. 03, 2016  5:43 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Key chains, hair clips and phone charms look toy-like to you?

Do you even know what you're looking at? lol

I would say you could make a strong case that Pokemon Go, the game alone, could be considered a toy. But the fact that you can buy physical objects that interact with it makes it a no-brainer.
Today I logged into the app and saw a notification about the sword launcher that came with Xcalibur back in August. Something about holding your fingers too close to the top, I think. I actually threw mine away a few months back, haha. Was that a stupid decision or am I not missing anything? I assumed it was useless and was just taking up space (which I'm limited on atm).
(Nov. 03, 2016  6:59 PM)Wizard Wrote: Today I logged into the app and saw a notification about the sword launcher that came with Xcalibur back in August. Something about holding your fingers too close to the top, I think. I actually threw mine away a few months back, haha. Was that a stupid decision or am I not missing anything? I assumed it was useless and was just taking up space (which I'm limited on atm).

Oh that notification is many months old. The Sword Launcher is actually among the powerful launchers of this series, but you go with the type of launcher you prefer, hah.
Just a random thought... I really don't see Hasbro's Beyblade Burst making it.

The 'soft launch' in Canada has shown a huge lack of effort. I just can't see them keeping up with Takara Tomy. We are in the dark pretty much on everything Hasbro. Plus there have been so many changes and downgrades.

I think I might just stick with Takara beys. Hasbro might just not make it unless they start putting in more effort.
(Nov. 04, 2016  8:21 PM)boltoms Wrote: Just a random thought... I really don't see Hasbro's Beyblade Burst making it.

The 'soft launch' in Canada has shown a huge lack of effort. I just can't see them keeping up with Takara Tomy. We are in the dark pretty much on everything Hasbro. Plus there have been so many changes and downgrades.

This is par for the course and Beyblade has still amounted to huge international success in the previous instances Hasbro was in charge. Hasbro may not know how to treat a property with love and care, but they sure know how to market it.
I think the Dual Layer breaking issue, as Brad calls "Screw Syndrome", is not so much an issue with the design of the layers themselves, but rather the screws themselves. Looking at the screws on Wyvern and comparing them to Victory Valkyrie, they are slightly different. Most notably, the V2 ones are larger. This could mean that they're just slightly too big for the holes they're in (By a microscopic amount), and is compromising the structural integrity of the points where they're inserted by expanding the plastic in ways not intended by design, stressing the points of insertion.

The incident that lead me to this idea is the Random Layer Vol. 4 Xcalibur having breaking issues when all other releases of Xcalibur not having that issue. The only differences between the two are the plastic color and the screws, and with both plastics being of the pearly metallic type, I doubt that's the issue.
(Nov. 04, 2016  8:34 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 04, 2016  8:21 PM)boltoms Wrote: Just a random thought... I really don't see Hasbro's Beyblade Burst making it.

This is par for the course and Beyblade has still amounted to huge international success in the previous instances Hasbro was in charge. Hasbro may not know how to treat a property with love and care, but they sure know how to market it.

Yes there is no doubt that Hasbro was super successful before, and they did and incredible job. But their lack of effort in Metal masters and shogun steel has me concerned. I understand the international success of Beyblade and Hasbro can definitely succeed, but I am disenchanted by the lack of effort so far.. But I am excited regardless. Who knows what the future holds Smile
Apparently Beyblade will not be featured at Hasbro Con in 2017, in basically a year I think, so I also have the impression that they are really not using every opportunity they get to show it off, even in the United States. Because clearly in Canada their involvement flew under the radar entirely and it was Toys "R" Us only that advertised it...