Beyblade Random Thoughts

wtf, it came with key chains? Mine came with nothing but the case.
(Oct. 13, 2015  12:26 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: There's only one type of Hasbro stadium; awful.

The old hasbro HMS stadiums weren't too bad. I liked them. I think I had the Iron battlefield stadium (pretty sure thats what it was called). It wasn't bad, nor do i think the old plastic stadiums were awful. I really enjoyed the Driger Den and Draciel Fortress stadiums. But then again, typically they were the same lol.
(Oct. 13, 2015  2:35 AM)oldieblader Wrote:
(Oct. 13, 2015  12:26 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: There's only one type of Hasbro stadium; awful.

The old hasbro HMS stadiums weren't too bad. I liked them. I think I had the Iron battlefield stadium (pretty sure thats what it was called). It wasn't bad, nor do i think the old plastic stadiums were awful. I really enjoyed the Driger Den and Draciel Fortress stadiums. But then again, typically they were the same lol.

Back when I was a kid I had a green/purple Draciel stadium and thought it was just fine, I had a lot of fun matches in that stadium. Later on I got the yellow/green Bladebreakers stadium which was much larger and seemed even better at the time. Now after having grown up and owned Takara Tomy stadiums, I'm going to have to agree with @[MissingNo.]
For some reason, whenever I see a hasbro made stadium and or accessory...

This comes to mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J---aiyznGQ

It seriously breaks my concentration...Because my temptation to now purchase a hasbro made good is now a complete 0.

Strangely enough, takara made goods make me feel like they seem completely legit...strange since i've mostly been a hasbro buyer my whole life. lol.
(Oct. 13, 2015  2:35 AM)oldieblader Wrote:

I looked up the Iron Battlefield stadium and saw that was actually one of the two or three stadiums I had as a kid, so that was a major blast from the past. The other one was some red/orange Engine Gear stadium. I had fun, but looking back, those stadiums really are terrible, at least in my opinion. Defense and Stamina dominate in Hasbro stadiums because they're always way too flat; Attack types never seemed to reach the center until their spin was running out. At least the old Hasbro stadiums looked cool. I'm sure that if, as a kid, I knew about the TT stadiums and their superior performance, I still would've stuck with the Hasbro stadiums because of the designs. I mean, look at this one. I always wanted that one as a kid because of how sweet it looked.

On a side note, the Magnacore stadium I hated even as a child.
Hasbro has made some really awful stadiums though. I was just stating the ones I used to have a lot of fun in as a kid. I never thought they were awful. Any mobile beystasium pretty much sucked and so do the ones they sell in any type of vs set. The hasbro stadiums may not be up to par with TT but they sure looked sweet. Lol.
(Oct. 13, 2015  2:54 AM)Meta madness Wrote: Strangely enough, takara made goods make me feel like they seem completely legit...strange since i've mostly been a hasbro buyer my whole life. lol.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with (most of) the Hasbro-made Beyblades, it's just the stadiums that are trash and that is likely for child safety reasons.
I used to watch Keyblader007 when I was younger. Honestly I've never seen so many stadiums. Takara definitely has better stadiums but I enjoy the nostalgia of playing in the old hasbro ones I had as a kid. I still wish that I had one, for collection purposes at least.
(Oct. 13, 2015  4:43 AM)Wizard Wrote:
(Oct. 13, 2015  2:54 AM)Meta madness Wrote: Strangely enough, takara made goods make me feel like they seem completely legit...strange since i've mostly been a hasbro buyer my whole life. lol.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with (most of) the Hasbro-made Beyblades, it's just the stadiums that are trash and that is likely for child safety reasons.

FWIW, Mega Bloks was an extremely strict company from a safety perspective after the Magnetix death incident, but the Knockout Stadium we designed for Battle Strikers was not any more safe than something like BB-10. I never felt the kind of strict restrictions that would seem to be in place to justify the Hasbro BeyStadiums, from a safety perspective.

Either Hasbro is being overly cautious, or marketing is dictating these needs.
I was reading some the Beyblade Burst announcement thread and was surprised about how many people were saying it would be the death of Beyblade! And most people thought the design sucked! I love the look of Burst, and actually not a huge fan of the plastics and metal generation looks.

What surprised me the most was how accurate most of the predictions were though!! You guys really understand Beyblade mechanics well!!
(Oct. 13, 2015  1:02 PM)gankoba Wrote: I was reading some the Beyblade Burst announcement thread and was surprised about how many people were saying it would be the death of Beyblade! And most people thought the design sucked! I love the look of Burst, and actually not a huge fan of the plastics and metal generation looks.

Haha, I was one of those people. What ended up saving it for me was that a. Reassembly appeared to be much easier than I thought, b. They looked so darn cool, and c. I had a strong desire to reenter the game. And also reading Brad's post about getting back in helped, which I was surprised to read because HE was also vehemently against Burst upon its announcement. I'm certainly glad he's back, he's proving invaluable to advancing and explaining the metagame.
(Oct. 13, 2015  1:02 PM)gankoba Wrote: I was reading some the Beyblade Burst announcement thread and was surprised about how many people were saying it would be the death of Beyblade! And most people thought the design sucked! I love the look of Burst, and actually not a huge fan of the plastics and metal generation looks.

What surprised me the most was how accurate most of the predictions were though!! You guys really understand Beyblade mechanics well!!

I had a similar problem with MFB (because it was different to plastic) but they are different ways to play the same game when it don't seem to, in my expirience

I like how plastic can simply fly off by a powerful blow, at the same time I love MFB strategy and variety in possible combos, and I will certainly enjoy the new variables burst adds to beyblade
(Oct. 13, 2015  1:40 AM)Meta madness Wrote: wtf, it came with key chains? Mine came with nothing but the case.

Mine didn't come with the keychain beys, they were bought seperately. They lack any degree of customization but they're just so amuzingly and cutesily tiny.
(Oct. 13, 2015  2:41 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Oct. 13, 2015  1:40 AM)Meta madness Wrote: wtf, it came with key chains? Mine came with nothing but the case.

Mine didn't come with the keychain beys, they were bought seperately. They lack any degree of customization but they're just so amuzingly and cutesily tiny.

Oh pfft, okay was about to have a heart attack,

Anyway, they are cutsy small and what not, really wasn't to fond of them not really appearing a lot else where.
(Oct. 13, 2015  1:45 PM)Half Nail Wrote:

Haha, I was one of those people. What ended up saving it for me was that a. Reassembly appeared to be much easier than I thought, b. They looked so darn cool, and c. I had a strong desire to reenter the game. And also reading Brad's post about getting back in helped, which I was surprised to read because HE was also vehemently against Burst upon its announcement. I'm certainly glad he's back, he's proving invaluable to advancing and explaining the metagame.

lol, my thoughts exactly. One thing that's important to note is that the initial photos and videos we got for Beyblade Burst were all pretty terrible. In retrospect, I should've known as much. I am pretty embarrassed by my over-dramatic reaction.

I think pretty much the only Beyblade generation I find flat-out-ugly is Zero-G, though. Burst is definitely the nicest series so far from an aesthetic perspective.
This guy put some fluorescent paint on a Spriggan, and it looks jaw-droppingly amazing under a black light.... we should have a black light tournament... That would be so cool...
https://twitter.com/cap_nobule/status/65...0428422144
(Oct. 13, 2015  2:45 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Anyway, they are cutsy small and what not, really wasn't to fond of them not really appearing a lot else where.

Yeah, as one of the better spinoff lines, I'm quite dissapointed by the lack of support the keychains recieved. I mean, atleast japan got a scale model of the attack type stadium for their gatchapon beys. Ours just came and went so quickly.

(Oct. 13, 2015  2:55 AM)Half Nail Wrote: On a side note, the Magnacore stadium I hated even as a child.

You're a fan of everything Takara yet you hate the magnacore stadium?! The magnacore stadium was the only stadium sold in my local import shop when I was a kid and I never regretted that purchase.
Infact, I now have 36 magnets for it, just to make sure I can manage every possible combination, but yes, the magnets were just a gimmick. The real appeal and why I still used it right up until L-Drago shredded its walls is that it's simply so much better in terms of shape, size, slopes, stability and longevity than anything hasbro ever put out. I mean, this thing had been kicked, chucked, stepped on, Tyson-launched into, suspended from a fan, used on a trampoline, floated in the bath and used with the most outrageous fake weight disks ever. Only L-Drago RF did any serious damage and even that took serious amounts of repeated use to build up. A normal hasbro stadium would have died ages before MFB even came out with all that use. Hell, a single crazy plastics battle was all it took to shatter the wall of my MFB attack stadium.
No, it is not suited for competetive play but the magnacore stadium is still one of the greatest stadia I have ever owned, second only to my short-lived love of the attack type.

(Oct. 13, 2015  4:05 PM)gankoba Wrote: This guy put some fluorescent paint on a Spriggan, and it looks jaw-droppingly amazing under a black light.... we should have a black light tournament... That would be so cool...
https://twitter.com/cap_nobule/status/65...0428422144

I'm trying to set up a Beyblade group at my university. Now I know what I'm doing for our obligatory club nights, thanks dude.
I enjoy the fact that most of the community on here has come to their senses and have made their mind up about burst. Meanwhile on youtube we have a lot of people very misinformed, who don't own the actual tops yet, or don't know how to purchase them (yeah it's that bad). It's kind of irritating for us youtubers having people completely biased against any of our content involving burst cause their logic is typically "It's not ginga and the gang" or "It's not metal fusion so it sucks". I guess we just need to wait for hasbro to release it..
Dracomageat

I just personally wasn't a fan of the gimmick after I bought it as a kid, I preferred the regular stadiums. Definitely didn't consider any competitive aspects, as I was only a child, haha.
There is not a ton of content that really explains Burst on YouTube, though. Just out-of-context battle videos. Can't exactly blame young kids for not knowing everything us obsessives do.
(Oct. 13, 2015  11:16 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: There is not a ton of content that really explains Burst on YouTube, though. Just out-of-context battle videos. Can't exactly blame young kids for not knowing everything us obsessives do.
Very true, however I have come across people who are utterly against burst, even after providing them with some basic information/explanations. Haha
(Oct. 13, 2015  11:16 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: There is not a ton of content that really explains Burst on YouTube, though. Just out-of-context battle videos. Can't exactly blame young kids for not knowing everything us obsessives do.

I'm working on a Beyblade YouTube project right now, but a video explaining the ins and outs of Burst as well as going over the basics of how the metagame works and whatnot will definitely be one of my first videos. Hopefully I can put it in a way that kids will understand.
From the sounds of it, all of us are working on burgeoning YouTube channels and all of us want to make that video first. lol
(Oct. 13, 2015  11:25 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: From the sounds of it, all of us are working on burgeoning YouTube channels and all of us want to make that video first. lol

Haha, no hard feelings if anyone beats me to it.