Beyblade Random Thoughts

Valkyrie would be good in almost any situation if you aren't facing Wyvern. Deathscyther would be good if facing Wyvern, and Wyvern would be good if facing Valkyrie attack.
(Oct. 10, 2015  2:10 AM)gankoba Wrote: The tourament im joining is coming up in 2 days, would like to get some last minute advise please!
I have four Bey setups I'm thinking about using:

Valkyrie Heavy Accel
Wyvern Heavy Accel
Deathscyther Spread Survive
Spriggan Heavy Accel

My question is when should I use which Bey?

Also I will be taking photos and videos! Most likely featuring my son. Having a son there will give me free reign on taking photos Smile

That line up is looking pretty good! I honestly still think Spriggan has more raw Attack power than Valkyrie (though it does have less Stamina), so it's nice to have Spriggan Heavy Accel available. Use it when you are sure your opponent will use Stamina.

Use Valkyrie Heavy Accel when you suspect your opponent will use Stamina, random combos (ie. Trident Oval Fusion lol) or Spriggan on Accel. If they use Spriggan on Accel, do you best to avoid it because you will likely be able to win by outspin.

Use Wyvern Heavy Accel against Attack.

Use Deathscyther Spread Survive against anything that isn't Attack or Deathscyther Spread Survive.

I also think Kerbeus is still relevant. It has less defense than Wyvern, and less Stamina than Deathscyther, so it currently sits in the middle as a defense/stamina-hybrid. If you're not sure whether your opponent with use a Wyvern combo or an Attack type, it might be worth considering using Kerbeus Heavy Survive/Defense/Claw, especially if you are certain the player you are up against is unskilled with Attack anyways.

Good luck! Can't wait to hear about how it goes.
(Oct. 10, 2015  2:03 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Oh and I had tried getting in contact with a guy who hosted regular events in Japan and they basically showed me the finger hah.

Oh wow, that's sad to hear. Thought they would be a little more welcoming.
Thank you very much Ginga, Kei, and Hato!!! Awesome advise!!
Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! my mom took away all my beyblades and stuffed them in a small plastic bag for coming home late Unhappy
omg my only good B: D is in there and it probably broke from mixing around with all my parts. r.i.p. standard
and zero g format Unhappy lol for some reason i don't really care that she took them haha. ill try to persuade her for atleast my burst beys before Zankye100K, wish me luck guys Crying
Were you breaking the bathtub with them again? Lol. Sorry, but that made me think of those poor kids on that ebay listing. Seriously tho man, good luck. Be good and make her breakfast or do laundry or something else nice for her
(Oct. 10, 2015  3:08 AM)U wot m8 Wrote: Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! my mom took away all my beyblades and stuffed them in a small plastic bag for coming home late Unhappy
omg my only good B: D is in there and it probably broke from mixing around with all my parts. r.i.p. standard
and zero g format Unhappy lol for some reason i don't really care that she took them haha. ill try to persuade her for atleast my burst beys before Zankye100K, wish me luck guys Crying

So she took your Beyblades because you came home late? A little dramatic isn't it?

I'm sure with good behaviour and time, she'll forget all about it.
Someone said on Twitter wrote there were only 5 people at his local Beyblade burst tournament. His kids got 4th and 5th place, hehe
Well ya win some and lose some, poor kiddos...
Hope the one I'm going to has so few people, I wanna win!
It was probably a small store, I doubt they ever got ten players on a regular basis anyway since they would have to accomodate part of the shop for the tournament, and now they just seem to place the stadium stand in the middle of an alleyway and everyone is around it.

To come back to what I was saying about Japanese fans not knowing about upcoming releases at all for Beyblade, what I just cannot believe is that a company would do that, be so secret about it, and yet expect fans to still be super eager and attentive the next month when they do not even know that there is really something coming out the next month and what it is. Parents also have no time to prepare the money because the costs are also unknown to them, and kids essentially only ask their parents about it two days before the release date because that is when they learn about it. I do not know, budgets ?

And if TAKARA-TOMY allowed stores to list upcoming products on their website, pre-orders would also be possible, and that would actually be very useful for them because they could gauge what the upcoming interest is for their toyline.

It all just makes no marketing or financial sense to me at all, and just for the sake of sometimes being the first to announce it, but two days prior to the release date ? I doubt it is worth it ...
Doesn't CoroCoro usually have teasers/images of future releases a couple week ahead of time or so? I mean people here complain about not knowing what the Beyblade looks like right away or having any information besides the name, but surely the time we get scans/information is better than the day before the Beyblade's release. Is the magazine just not as popular among the Japanese fanbase?

(Oct. 10, 2015  2:10 AM)gankoba Wrote: The tourament im joining is coming up in 2 days, would like to get some last minute advise please!
I have four Bey setups I'm thinking about using:

Valkyrie Heavy Accel
Wyvern Heavy Accel
Deathscyther Spread Survive
Spriggan Heavy Accel

My question is when should I use which Bey?

Also I will be taking photos and videos! Most likely featuring my son. Having a son there will give me free reign on taking photos Smile

Given what I've read around here and how Japanese players prefer Stamina, Valkyrie Heavy Accel will probably be your go-to combo if you're confident with Attack, but not too confident in your prediction skills. As the tournament progresses your opponents will see you are winning with Attack and attempt to counter you with Defense. I'm not sure how familiar the Japanese Bladers are with the concept of Active/Mobile Defense, but if it's almost exclusively a WBO based concept you should be fine, as they will most likely throw stationary Kerbeus and Wyvern combos at you which Valkyrie has little trouble Bursting/Outspinning.

Make sure you use Spriggan to practice with Attack as you don't want Valkyrie's teeth to wear down.
Thanks for the advice Wombat! Valkyrie will definitely be my top contender. Wyvern will be my second if I come across any attackers. I'm guessing my Spriggan won't even have a chance to spin, gonna be my bench warmer. Probably deathscyther too
(Oct. 10, 2015  6:21 PM)Wombat Wrote: Doesn't CoroCoro usually have teasers/images of future releases a couple week ahead of time or so? I mean people here complain about not knowing what the Beyblade looks like right away or having any information besides the name, but surely the time we get scans/information is better than the day before the Beyblade's release. Is the magazine just not as popular among the Japanese fanbase?

CoroCoro is definitely quite popular, but not to every single Beyblade fan obviously, and even then, it gets released around the 15th and so far release dates are always around the 15th as well, therefore it is not really advance notification at all. In the past, sometimes CoroCoro was able to show teasers for the upcoming month's Beyblade, but that is not really the case right now.
Update on our tournament, turns out it wasn't a tournament at all, it was, but then they canceled it and it became just a practice tournament thing. It was fun though, but we got our butts whooped. Second to last place. My son has to work on his launch, lol. But he had a great time so all's well.
We did get around 830 points for participating and also a beylogger sheet.
Most of the people were using survive and defence drivers. One kid kept on using a stock Trident and he was the only guy we could beat, hehe. Saw some stock Valkyries too. One thing I saw several kids use was Deathscyther Heavy Defence. Was surprised when one kid pulled out a Wyvern Heavy Accel. Guess he was well informed.
We could have done better, really gotta work on that launch! Next week we're going to an actual tournament, I think...
Yeah, if they all use that, you gotta work on your sliding shoot and use Valkyrie Heavy Accel. Once you get good with it, you should be able to burst them almost every time
Has anyone tried actual beyblades in the Beywarriors Octagon stadium? I bought onew because it was cheap and looked decent and so far it's seeming like a slightly smally, 2 exited version of the classic attack stadium. My only issue with it is that the tornado ridge is ~75 degrees, not 90, so it doesn't catch as well.
Its terrible, not even the funny kind of terrible.
(Oct. 12, 2015  10:40 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Has anyone tried actual beyblades in the Beywarriors Octagon stadium? I bought onew because it was cheap and looked decent and so far it's seeming like a slightly smally, 2 exited version of the classic attack stadium. My only issue with it is that the tornado ridge is ~75 degrees, not 90, so it doesn't catch as well.
Actually I remember someone trying that stadium out a while back to see if it was a decent alternative to those who were limited to Hasbro products and I actually don't think it differed to badly in results, although you would probably want to check that your self as it's been a while since I've seen that thread.
It's what I use when I remove the reds pockets, and I still find it better than most of their stadiums.
Hasbro Stadiums = why have more than 1 type?
There's only one type of Hasbro stadium; awful.
(Oct. 13, 2015  12:26 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: There's only one type of Hasbro stadium; awful.

I don't know man;
You gotta use that super duper amazing BEYBLADE METAL FUSION ™ PORTABLE STADIUM BY HASBRO
(Oct. 13, 2015  1:28 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Oct. 13, 2015  12:26 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: There's only one type of Hasbro stadium; awful.
I don't know man;
You gotta use that super duper amazing BEYBLADE METAL FUSION ™ PORTABLE STADIUM BY HASBRO

Got it and it's ok but only for the keychain beys. Everything else just hits the side and bounces around like crazy.