Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Aug. 15, 2015  10:22 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2015  10:21 PM)loyd87 Wrote: may be they count on this wearing to put more cash in development and improvment of the burst system.

People like us are an extreme minority. Mass market isn't going to buy multiples no matter how fast they wear down.

I feel like the extremely fast ware may leave some distaste and keep the mass market from buying alot of Burst if they continue to have this issue. It's not like in MFB that when certain parts worn after lots of use, it was just a certain part. So far all of these seem to have the same issue.

Hopefully either TT fixes it for the next "season" or Hasbro does when they release these.
(Aug. 15, 2015  10:28 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I also meant Metal for the Driver part that holds the layer, I knew if it were plastic it would scratch like hell.

I think a soft Plastic sounds like a good idea, not fragile ones but one that isn't too Brittle, it may feel looser but it could also wear down less.

The problem is in the design itself; the thinness of the teeth and the materials. As long as Layers' teeth continue to be manufactured as thin as they are and made of a softer plastic than the white plastic in the Driver, the teeth will continue to deteriorate at a rapid pace. Making both the teeth and the white part of the Driver out of the same material will result in both deteriorating at approximately the same rate, so the only solution I can think of is a new method of construction altogether.
These days I am really trying to imagine a mechanical way for Beyblades to progressively burst that would not wear down anything at all, and so far, unfortunately, I am still thinking ...
I can tell rubber teeth could become a gimmick.

I really hope Bursts don't end up being a financial bomb.
(Aug. 16, 2015  1:43 AM)Kai-V Wrote: These days I am really trying to imagine a mechanical way for Beyblades to progressively burst that would not wear down anything at all, and so far, unfortunately, I am still thinking ...

That could foreseeably be realeased by a toy company? Difficult to imagine. The problem at the end of the day is that hits between Beyblades will always be punching through the teeth.

The best solutions I can think of would be a gear system--much like the launcher--with friction between the axle and the gear created by something like thick grease. Or, a simple ratchet system designed to slide at X force.

Edit: With a more resistant spring, the pawl and spring inside any of the ripcord launchers preventing Winders from entering the opposite way would actually do the trick.
I can accept that the mechanism wears down slowly and gradually, but the extreme degradation on parts like Valkyrie is too much.
My valkyrie bursted one time and I could see some white spot on one of the teeth
You guys are making me want to wait till burst comes out in the usa instead of buying online? Maybe that is a good thing
Yeah. The biggest problem is that Valkyrie wears down to the point where it is pretty much useless. You can still battle with worn Spriggan vs worn Kerbeus and have really good 50/50 is battles. Worn Valkyrie gets owned by parts with equal wear
(Aug. 16, 2015  3:23 AM)loyd87 Wrote: My valkyrie bursted one time and I could see some white spot on one of the teeth

Pour a small amount of boiling water over it, making sure it all runs off, then leave it to cool. So long as you don't put pressure on it while warm it shouldn't affect tightnesses but may well undo that stress mark.
Hmmm. Maybe soaking parts in warm water would prevent wear a little bit then?
no it won't. these aren't stress marks; the plastic is literally being abraded.
(Aug. 16, 2015  3:26 AM)infinitycross Wrote: You guys are making me want to wait till burst comes out in the usa instead of buying online? Maybe that is a good thing

I'm a little worried that hasbro won't release burst or will nerf it down and try to make it safer. I'm just concerned that with all the flying parts, it will be too much of a lawsuit hazard in the u.s. Americans are all about some lawsuits...
Hopefully i'm wrong
Hasbro could always just say to not use burst beyblades in any other stadium exept the new one
(Aug. 16, 2015  3:47 AM)infinitycross Wrote: Hasbro could always just say to not use burst beyblades in any other stadium exept the new one

That was my initial thought until playing with them a lot and getting hit by pieces flying over the top of the barrier multiple times.
I don't think they could really hurt anyone that badly unless their face was literally right next to the stadium. But American corporations are just so cautious legally these days. It worries me a lot.
Has anyone considered coating the teeth from a burst layer with a thin coat of clear nail polish? It can't do much of a difference in performance, can it? All I can see happening is it chipping off the nail polish but not damaging the teeth as much. I was actually hoping to test that out once I get some spare burst parts.
(Aug. 16, 2015  3:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I can accept that the mechanism wears down slowly and gradually, but the extreme degradation on parts like Valkyrie is too much.

Except you ram small teeth sideways into a white bump to push down a spring so it goes to the next tooth. You're bound to encounter problems.
(Aug. 16, 2015  4:02 AM)Blader_Kev Wrote: Has anyone considered coating the teeth from a burst layer with a thin coat of clear nail polish? It can't do much of a difference in performance, can it? All I can see happening is it chipping off the nail polish but not damaging the teeth as much. I was actually hoping to test that out once I get some spare burst parts.

That is a pretty interesting idea. However if it changed the peaks and valleys at all, it would change the overall performance, maybe not much if it was done carefully.
Yeah, definitely worth a shot once we end up with multiple sets of worn layers

Woooooooo!!!!!!!!!! 5k shots and I got 20 whole beypoints. Seriously TT? 20? Lol. Come on....
If the teeth and mechanism were metal, wouldn't it be more durable (or would it just not work properly)?
If we consider one part plastic and one part metal, the plastic part would get shredded; if we consider two parts metal, the mechanism is likely to just jam.

Edit: Although, I'm reminded of the Ultimate Balance Mode gimmick from Diablo Nemesis, which used one part metal and one part plastic. I wonder if anyone used it enough to notice speed or significance of wear.

Edit 2:
Ultimate Balance Mode: ramp and tooth (Click to View)
Yeah, there was metal on plastic contact there, but the tabs on XGrin were never designed to hold Diablo's Metal Frame in place like the teeth of Burst Layers.

The Burst mechanic really should've been built like the clutches of plastics launchers, or with a ball and spring mechanism similar to the one akirasdaddy used in his modified Sniper Launcher video, though the former would've been simpler...
Nobody liked Survive at first but seems quite popular now, I would suppose due to the fact that everyone's has become worn so it has better balance and defensive capabilities.
Yeah I would say it is the best for defense. That number one ranked dude bought a bunch of ragnaruks before the Valkyrie booster came out, seemingly just for new survive drivers. I guess possibly for heavy disks too, but there is pretty much 0 wear issues with those. And my tests with it show that it is better than the defense driver