Beyblade Random Thoughts

MSF Genbull Genbull M145Q could be cool to see. in zero g stadium
I just achieved #2 in shooting power, and #60 in bey points!

Congrats! So ... Umaterios? Grin
Today I learned Drago F230 GF doesn't work. goodnight.
Why does the protagonist always have an attack type? I mean i'm sure there reasons such as it's more exciting for kids and rubbish like that but would it really make a lot of difference? I mean yes it moves quicker I guess but you could make others move as quick.
It's probably because they don't want to have someone that is new to beyblade just using two defense or stamina beys and getting introduced to beyblade with boring sleepout battles. Also so you will buy more, even casually. You would want the protagonist, antagonist and the best of each type
Perhaps not surprising, but MFB was not the smash success that the original Beyblade series was:

Quote:The original franchise expanded into over 880 countries and regions worldwide and shipped over 350 million toys, garnering over 365 billion yen (about US$2.97 billion) in sales since 1999. The second generation of the franchise debuted in 2008 and shipped 190 million toys worldwide for over 200 billion yen (US$1.6 billion) in sales.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/201...ing/.89422
Just thinking, with plastics, HMS and MFB all having jumping beys, how long until Burst follows suit and how do you think the new hopper will differ from those of old?
It could be way better if it could avoid getting burst by jumping all around but still hitting the other player, to burst them
(Jul. 20, 2015  4:39 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Perhaps not surprising, but MFB was not the smash success that the original Beyblade series was:

Quote:The original franchise expanded into over 880 countries and regions worldwide and shipped over 350 million toys, garnering over 365 billion yen (about US$2.97 billion) in sales since 1999. The second generation of the franchise debuted in 2008 and shipped 190 million toys worldwide for over 200 billion yen (US$1.6 billion) in sales.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/201...ing/.89422

Ah ? I had found a Japanese article a few weeks ago that said exactly the contrary. There were several million more units sold.
http://bylines.news.yahoo.co.jp/yanagiuc...-00046656/

Perhaps Metal Fight Beyblade was more popular in Japan this time, but overall less successful worldwide somehow ?
(Jul. 20, 2015  1:28 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: It could be way better if it could avoid getting burst by jumping all around but still hitting the other player, to burst them

Given that bursting occurs when the layer is unscrewed from the driver, up and down motion would not be of much benefit in causing a burst, though it could still help to avoid one. A better idea for that use would be some kind of driver resembling E230 as the gear shape would work to unscrew the opposing layer while yours was out of reach.
You know what would be interesting? A dragon-based burst with rubber scales sticking out from the clear area for hit absorbtion. I hope a bey called Dragon Spread Rush (a rubber flat with jog spikes on it)
Beyblade Bursts are made in Vietnam now what the hell hah. Perhaps we will see less factory leaks though ... ? Also, Hasbro and TAKARA-TOMY might not share the same factory location anymore ...

Oh, and the height limit to launch has been reduced to twenty centimetres. I cannot remember if TAKARA-TOMY had already made that change near the end of Metal Fight Beyblade.
(Jul. 20, 2015  10:11 PM)Ṧɨⱺn̼̊ Wrote: You know what would be interesting? A dragon-based burst with rubber scales sticking out from the clear area for hit absorbtion. I hope a bey called Dragon Spread Rush (a rubber flat with jog spikes on it)

The scales would also add friction so, depending on how much force it takes to unnotch, those scales could actually increase bursting, despite clearly cushioning regular hits. Rush would be hard to do but I guess you could put plastic spikes through the rubber. Rubber ones would wear way to fast to be useful though.
Well two things. I bought a draciel a while back and the running core broke almost instantly so I superglued it to the bit protector and it was fine. Except that I didn't pay attention to orientation and I ended up not being able to launch it. So yesterday I put it under a leg of my bed and smashed it. So now I have the other two parts and smashed plastic. Grin also last summer I missed my ir beyblade launcher with a normal launcher prong instead of the ir one. It has good rpm and is really comfortable.
(Jul. 20, 2015  10:21 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Oh, and the height limit to launch has been reduced to twenty centimetres. I cannot remember if TAKARA-TOMY had already made that change near the end of Metal Fight Beyblade.

Twenty centimetres ?! Damn, how can you launch so low in the Burst Stadium ?
That 20cm is probably just the height of the ceiling.
I actually found some old Beys of mine that I thought I sold.
Beys: Flame Serpent, Lightning L-Drago, (White) Grand Cetus, Hyper Aquario, Ray Striker, Meteo L-Drago, Flame Byxis, (Red and Blue) Rock Zuraffa, Torch Gemios, Gravity Perseus/Destroyer (It's not the black one.), Flame Aries, Rock Orso, Cyber Pegasus Legend, A red L-Drago with a Purple Face Bolt, and Cyclone Herculeo. I don't know what parts are good or not so...
(Jul. 22, 2015  4:17 AM)Registeel Wrote: I actually found some old Beys of mine that I thought I sold.
Beys: Flame Serpent, Lightning L-Drago, (White) Grand Cetus, Hyper Aquario, Ray Striker, Meteo L-Drago, Flame Byxis, (Red and Blue) Rock Zuraffa, Torch Gemios, Gravity Perseus/Destroyer (It's not the black one.), Flame Aries, Rock Orso, Cyber Pegasus Legend, A red L-Drago with a Purple Face Bolt, and Cyclone Herculeo. I don't know what parts are good or not so...

That Torch Fusion wheel is no good, I'll tell ya that~
I have zero g magic. I bought a volume one zero g random booster a long long time ago in a state far far away. And I was like "oh yea first zero g bey I wonder what it is" And theif pheonic! First try. Then last summer I got volume three. First try band is genbu! But I don't seem to have this luck when it comes to volume nine. Fusion hades. -.- But I got Beat Lynx on first try as well. So I'm pretty happy with my random booster luck. I wish hasbro did random boosters. I could shake before I buy XD.
Is there a Tier List or a list in general? I wanna know what parts are good and what parts aren't the best.
(Jul. 22, 2015  8:44 PM)Registeel Wrote: Is there a Tier List or a list in general? I wanna know what parts are good and what parts aren't the best.

There are many, one for each format hah. Which format in particular were you looking for ?
(Jul. 22, 2015  8:44 PM)Registeel Wrote: Is there a Tier List or a list in general? I wanna know what parts are good and what parts aren't the best.

Each customization forum has a Competitive Customs topic.
Wow lol that's pretty smart.