Beyblade Random Thoughts

Has anyone ever thought of some of the original HMS Beyblades as spiritual succesors to original plastics? By original I mean having never been featured in the show.

Aero Knight MS' RC is clearly Trypio's AR.
DEMS (you know, the real Driger MS) Circle Upper getting upgraded into Samurai Upper, speaking of which Samurai Changer MS brings Driger V2 to mind. Although Samurai Changer MS is horrible uncustomized, the AR is clearly designed for right spin Upper Attack as well as having a CWD that also adds Upper Attack, not unlike Driger V2's Support Part and AR. Jiraiya's Bearing Core 2 is also clearly Wolborg 2's BB. Zeus is Shining God MS, not good on their own, but feature a free spinning CWD and Sub-AR that are great. Einstein MS is Kenny's Beyblade (right down to the Hasbro name).

Just thoughts of mine.
(Jul. 11, 2015  7:48 AM)HEAVYARMS Wrote: Has anyone ever thought of some of the original HMS Beyblades as spiritual succesors to original plastics? By original I mean having never been featured in the show.

Aero Knight MS' RC is clearly Trypio's AR.
DEMS (you know, the real Driger MS) Circle Upper getting upgraded into Samurai Upper, speaking of which Samurai Changer MS brings Driger V2 to mind. Although Samurai Changer MS is horrible uncustomized, the AR is clearly designed for right spin Upper Attack as well as having a CWD that also adds Upper Attack, not unlike Driger V2's Support Part and AR. Jiraiya's Bearing Core 2 is also clearly Wolborg 2's BB. Zeus is Shining God MS, not good on their own, but feature a free spinning CWD and Sub-AR that are great. Einstein MS is Kenny's Beyblade (right down to the Hasbro name).

Just thoughts of mine.

A few people do bring this up though honestly I do dismiss it though while editing a 3+ video I think I seen a Kenny reference(Straight up looks just like Kenny minus the glasses).
Actually, Einstein MS is Kenny's beyblade, speciffically from the point at which he's trying to train Tyson in using his new HMS one. It is a completely different beyblade from the one he used earlier in their first tournament, which, while unnamed in the show, is actually Jumping Base, a combination of a spring tip and all the best parts Kenny had lying around. Yeah, he knew what was up when he picked tiger defenser.

As for the others, I feel it's just inspiration being taken from past releases but it doesn't exactly surprise me that the gods would be similar.
Today I was going through and following some Japanese bladers on Twitter, and I swear they just kept popping up out of nowhere. After I decided to take a break i realized, most of them follow each other. The Japanese fans are a lot more collected than I thought!

Also, there's an unofficial Beyblade Cafe opening in November! Grin And not as cool, but still cool, it turns out Yokohama City University has a Beyblade club!!

And there we have it, even in Japan Beyblade has a pretty aged fanbase.
Remember Light Wheels? What the heck, man.
(Jul. 13, 2015  11:22 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Remember Light Wheels? What the heck, man.

I ordered one of those just to see what they were like and I can you the 2 big reasons they sucked: they barely worked if they weren't launched fast enough and the fact that they were plastic in a series that had Metal in its name.
Well, I don't think they were intended to work as much as be a cheap way of getting new plastic parts. But I agree it sucked, and it seems the market agreed, considering how quickly they were canceled.
(Jul. 13, 2015  12:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Well, I don't think they were intended to work as much as be a cheap way of getting new plastic parts. But I agree it sucked, and it seems the market agreed, considering how quickly they were canceled.

That's true, too. At the same time, if I do buy a Beyblade, I expect it to kinda work, haha.
Dunno why plastic wheels are created in the first place consider how useless they are.....
(Jul. 13, 2015  1:37 PM)TenshouTsubasa Wrote: Dunno why plastic wheels are created in the first place consider how useless they are.....

(Jul. 13, 2015  12:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Well, I don't think they were intended to work as much as be a cheap way of getting new plastic parts. But I agree it sucked, and it seems the market agreed, considering how quickly they were canceled.

BTW, I only brought it up because I randomly thought of how absurd they looked fighting against metal Beyblades in the anime.
I actually like Light Wheels for their aesthetics and so I can wipe them out with a metal beyblade for satisfaction.
In some way I'm impressed by Hasbro's Metal Masters releases. I don't know why, but all in all everything seems pretty good to that point. Nice packaging and quality, and great two-packs. Each one contains a - at least in my opinion - really good looking stock recolor and a exotic custom. There are a few I would like to get in the future: this super nice looking red Galaxy Pegasus & Grand Pegasus, the Lightning Sword pack with an awesome recolor of Ray Striker, Inferno Byxis, Vulcan Cetus...
I love to collect recolors and Hasbro has released a handful of really nice looking ones.
(Jul. 13, 2015  9:43 PM)DrigerGatling Wrote: In some way I'm impressed by Hasbro's Metal Masters releases. I don't know why, but all in all everything seems pretty good to that point. Nice packaging and quality, and great two-packs. Each one contains a - at least in my opinion - really good looking stock recolor and a exotic custom. There are a few I would like to get in the future: this super nice looking red Galaxy Pegasus & Grand Pegasus, the Lightning Sword pack with an awesome recolor of Ray Striker, Inferno Byxis, Vulcan Cetus...
I love to collect recolors and Hasbro has released a handful of really nice looking ones.

The major problems for me were:
-The tips wear noticeably faster than the one in the Metal Fusion line, if anyone recalls EWD Hasbro is more fragile than the TT EWD you'll know what I mean, as I remembered the Metal Fusion tips still were as durable as TT, at least for me, my over four year old WD on Earth Eagle is much sharper than the Perseus WD I got over a year later and I used it less often.
-Of all the series, these over saturate what we had left of Beyblade in the UK, they were more common than the other series and if I manage to find any beyblade products, it's from the Metal Master era, ESPECIALLY the damn XTS carp.
I dunno, My Metal Masters M145 is far superior than my Metal Fusion M145.
M145 + superior are not compatible words.
(Jul. 13, 2015  11:33 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: M145 + superior are not compatible words.

Man, what happened between |BeyBouncer| and MissingNo. hah ?
(Jul. 13, 2015  11:41 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2015  11:33 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: M145 + superior are not compatible words.

Man, what happened between |BeyBouncer| and MissingNo. hah ?

Wot r u torkin abowt? Thay wur nefur the saim peepul!

Seriously, I noticed that he acts a little different between the two.
|BeyBouncer| never existed.

Seriously, it's hard to believe but I gained some knowledge since the time when I was crazy about M145 haha.
(Jul. 13, 2015  11:58 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: |BeyBouncer| never existed.

Seriously, it's hard to believe but I gained some knowledge since the time when I was crazy about M145 haha.

Wot?! Hav yew seen da shuw?! M145 waz soopa pawurfull agenst Leone!!!

Seriously though imagine it on a Zero G stadium though?... It's still fun to use nonetheless.
Nah, I wasn't such a big fan of the show, only of the bouncing gimmick itself.

Bey Brad actually used (for fun) Kai-V's Poison Scorpio M145Q in the Zero-G attack stadium, it was pretty nice to see and worked a lot better compared to the BB-10.
(Jul. 14, 2015  12:08 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: Nah, I wasn't such a big fan of the show, only of the bouncing gimmick itself.

Bey Brad actually used (for fun) Kai-V's Poison Scorpio M145Q in the Zero-G attack stadium, it was pretty nice to see and worked a lot better compared to the BB-10.

I can see an unbalanced bouncing synchrome tilt the stadium so hard it causes a Zero G KO.
Haha, I think the chances of me winning any real match with it was zero.
Bassalt Gill M145 Q is actually pretty powerful if you align all the parts right. How you launch the bey will make a massive difference to its motion, making it able to act as any type, though its stamina potential comes more from the ability to completely wreck that of the opponent than actually having a good spin time itself.
If you build it wrong, don't know how to use it or don't know the matchup, you will lose every time but, with practice, it can have a good win rate against nearly everything.
Gimme a Storm Capricorn M145Q and watch me win every match~

May make a video based on a series of battles using that bey.