Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Feb. 01, 2014  9:33 AM)Temporal Wrote: This is probably due to my long hiatus, but the Limited format is seriously interesting...

I stopped being active around the time Blitz and Horuseus were getting big on the scene. I never got around to dealing with Basalt and the like, let alone Synchrome combos.

Playing catch-up is rather interesting. I'm just gonna keep lurking and collecting until I've amassed a more competitively competent collection.
Oh, geezums. I just remembered playing plastics as a kid. IT WAS FRICKIN' EPIC. Electronics trollin', yo. Electronic Dranzer S and Dragoon S were both TANKS. I just broke out my old Dragoon Hurricane Stadium and a couple of plastics. (Somehow, the tip to my old electronic Dranzer is intact. Nice, tight spin. Not too aggro. It acts like any semi-flat tip.)

That said, I cannot find a few of my old HMS Beyblades. Which makes me quite sad. Oh, the nostalgia! OH THE AGONY! Where art thou, Driger MS? Wherefore art thou, Death Gargoyle MS!? (Though I still have Cirle Upper. Just lost the RC, which makes me sad. I still have Sea Drake MS, though. I use the entire thing. Uncustomized. Also, that metal frame is VIOLENT. Took off the plastic part a few years back (had three, so...), and started KOing MFBs. REALLY HARD. Many a Dark combo has been tossed across a room. But it hurt my BB-10 a lot...
Wouldn't it be boss if Zero-G stadium were legal For plastics?

Draciel MBD/S/F & Voltaic Ape's bases & Sharp (Trypio.) =Anti-Sway
Dranzer V base=Sway
Dragooon V2 & Seaborg base (the rubber tipped one.)=attack
Maybe EGs would have some use in 0G, but I doubt it.

#Revolution
Pretty sure wolborg 2's shaft would be broken as heck, though I guess I'm not sure on that because I don't have a ZGA.
Anyone else notice that BeyRaider Ripcords work for regular launchers?

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-The-Use-...pid1193119
(Feb. 03, 2014  5:16 PM)th!nk Wrote: Pretty sure wolborg 2's shaft would be broken as heck, though I guess I'm not sure on that because I don't have a ZGA.

Maybe, but it seems pretty easy to SKO.
what do you guys think of beyblade shogun steel
much steel

such shogun

wow

Well, it's just Zero G but Hasbro and both are awesome, so there's your answer, haha.

Another random thought, I've been doing terrible with attack since last night. I can't seem to KO some of the easiest to KO defense types (even using freaking WB lol). It's been VERY frustrating.
That is one of the reasons I advocate same-day benchmark.
(Feb. 05, 2014  7:13 PM)PRO SEAGULL Wrote: much steel

such shogun

wow

Well, it's just Zero G but Hasbro and both are awesome, so there's your answer, haha.

Another random thought, I've been doing terrible with attack since last night. I can't seem to KO some of the easiest to KO defense types (even using freaking WB lol). It's been VERY frustrating.
Are your tips wearing or something?

#Don'tLoseYoBeypowah
Nah, it's mostly because I can't get my launch right. I have plenty of RF and R2F to use.
I generally redo my benchmarks regularly if I notice a change in how I'm doing (I do always check with a setup I know in the pre-testing I do for everything I formally test), not ideal but again, a matter of practicality if we want people to test - hopefully we make it clear enough that same-day benchmarking is ideal as it is, if not that's something to look into fixing.
Just some random stuff.

For a very long time ago where Beyblade is still hot in HK, I sometimes insist using uncustomed Galaxy Pegasis.
When comparing with attack beys which uses significantly heavier MWs, it seems that with similar launching power and mint of r2f and stuff, Galaxy is noticably faster (but also easier to stadium out itself as well).

Of course in raw strength Galaxy Pegasis is no match to the big bullies, but is it really true that lighter metal wheels will cause greater speed? If that's so, light metal wheels may find some use to go on with, such as making use of Galaxy in limited format.
(Feb. 09, 2014  6:27 AM)天翔翼 TenshouYoku Wrote: Just some random stuff.

For a very long time ago where Beyblade is still hot in HK, I sometimes insist using uncustomed Galaxy Pegasis.
When comparing with attack beys which uses significantly heavier MWs, it seems that with similar launching power and mint of r2f and stuff, Galaxy is noticably faster (but also easier to stadium out itself as well).

Of course in raw strength Galaxy Pegasis is no match to the big bullies, but is it really true that lighter metal wheels will cause greater speed? If that's so, light metal wheels may find some use to go on with, such as making use of Galaxy in limited format.

Weight is an advantage for the most part, a light attack wheel has trouble KOing defence and will get knocked out easier.
Of course lighter wheels are faster, just like it's easier to throw a baseball faster than a bowling ball (I don't suggest testing that out though). However, this lightness means it's harder to do damage and easier to get it done to you.
Edit: Beaten to a pulp *dramatically clutches chest and falls face first to the ground*
(Feb. 09, 2014  6:30 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2014  6:27 AM)天翔翼 TenshouYoku Wrote: Just some random stuff.

Weight is an advantage for the most part, a light attack wheel has trouble KOing defence and will get knocked out easier.

Of course it is, but it is also very entertaining to see how it performs shooting star attack by ramming onto the fences and hits the top part of the others. XD Nevertheless it cannot be used very competitively.

edit, baseball versus bowling ball XD, that's gonna hurt my fingers.

BTW, sometimes when I meddle with a BBP uncustomed, when the Final Drive thing activates it seems to perform an exceptionally strong attack launch which is sufficient to hit a Basalt with RSF pretty far, if not KOing on the first hit. Of course it cannot do the same thing when time passes or the first launch failed, but why is that so?
Lighter weight does generally mean higher speed, however it's not a guarantee - if you're too light for the tip to get good traction, you'll go slower, and for attack types, if you're too light to handle the recoil you suffer even with the speed (movement speed also helps deal with recoil), then that speed isn't going to be worthwhile.

Even in plastics, there are cases where a combination can be too light to handle certain opponents even with speed, but generally as plastic is lower recoil, going for lighter weight for higher speed is generally good. However, it's worth noting that despite being the most externally distributed weight disk, few attack types can use Wide Survivor simply because it's too light, so even there you have a balance that you need to get right, it's just a lot more weighted towards speed over weight.

In MFB, recoil is much, much higher, so the balance tends to lean a lot more towards being heavier rather than faster (and it's also worth mentioning that weight distribution plays a huge part in speed as well, so heavier but wide, edge-focussed wheels *can* move faster than lighter ones. It is still all about finding the right balance though, and in Limited, LLD's speed is IMO a big part of its power (especially because half of its contact points are plastic).

Galaxy, however, will never find use. I actually tried it again yesterday trying to get anything out of it and it was completely ineffectual against even CS-tipped defense (which aren't even legitimate defense combos in Limited, instead CS is a balance tip) with a height advantage and everything (was aiming to make use of the contact points on top of the wheel). Completely awful part.
(Feb. 09, 2014  6:35 AM)th!nk Wrote: Lighter weight does generally mean higher speed, however it's not a guarantee - if you're too light for the tip to get good traction, you'll go slower, and for attack types, if you're too light to handle the recoil you suffer even with the speed (movement speed also helps deal with recoil), then that speed isn't going to be worthwhile.

Even in plastics, there are cases where a combination can be too light to handle certain opponents even with speed, but generally as plastic is lower recoil, going for lighter weight for higher speed is generally good. However, it's worth noting that despite being the most externally distributed weight disk, few attack types can use Wide Survivor simply because it's too light, so even there you have a balance that you need to get right, it's just a lot more weighted towards speed over weight.

In MFB, recoil is much, much higher, so the balance tends to lean a lot more towards being heavier rather than faster (and it's also worth mentioning that weight distribution plays a huge part in speed as well, so heavier but wide, edge-focussed wheels *can* move faster than lighter ones. It is still all about finding the right balance though, and in Limited, LLD's speed is IMO a big part of its power (especially because half of its contact points are plastic).

Galaxy, however, will never find use. I actually tried it again yesterday trying to get anything out of it and it was completely ineffectual against even CS-tipped defense (which aren't even legitimate defense combos in Limited, instead CS is a balance tip) with a height advantage and everything (was aiming to make use of the contact points on top of the wheel). Completely awful part.

I see....... so speed is only useful to LLD because it can suffer less recoil than others?

btw, about the tournment fees.......5 USD is pretty expensive, that is likely equal to 35-40 HKD! 10 USD is just equal to 78 HKD which you can even afford a bey. But i guess it is pretty alright considering the fact that the money is used to buy some prizes.
(Feb. 09, 2014  6:45 AM)天翔翼 TenshouYoku Wrote: I see....... so speed is only useful to LLD because it can suffer less recoil than others?

Mostly, yes. I would presume the contact points are effective in producing force in a specific (and small) area, but the opposite-spin nature of LLD makes the recoil factor less of an issue. But speed is still a major factor with some parts. I mean, the more aggro tips are best for attack because the friction creates speed, which makes the force behind each hit greater. (Assuming the recoil doesn't make it moot.) It's just that force is a factor of acceleration and mass, making mass just as important as the speed an object moves at.

In technical terms, speed AND mass are important. F=m(a), where "a" is acceleration, and "m" is mass. (Obviously, "F" is force.) Recoil, however, is simply the effect of Newton's Third Law. For every action, there is a reaction. (Exact wording: "When one body exerts a force on a second body, the second body simultaneously exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction to that of the first body.") Therefore, when an object like a wheel comes into contact with another, whatever force it exerts is exerted on itself. Recoil happens when that force causes movement. (Usually, it's lost to heat and friction, which is why LLD and right-spin beyblades don't just sit forever and eternally equalize until both die out at the same time.) That movement causes a sharp loss of stamina, especially when the tip (like RF and R2F) exerts a load of friction on the surface.

(TL;DR: This is kinda why if there were a such thing as an immovable object and an unstoppable force in Beyblade terms [meaning the heaviest possible attack type against the heaviest possible defense type, where the defense type has minimized recoil, and the attack type has insane points of contact], the defense type would probably win.)
Tis amazing how back in the Pre-HWS and metal fusion times that MF-H Libra GB145/ED145/C145WB defences seemed so OP but nowadays flash, attack synchromes, Diablo, variares, blitz and even hades etc. in attack and even some balance combos can beat it consistently.
Metal System, not Pre-HWS.

I haven't had much trouble against Libra, although I'm sure in a competitive situation if you were to have faced it back when many attack combos weren't as good as they are today then you would've had trouble.
Alot of people prefer calling them Pre-HWS...Metal System sounds to close to heavy metal system in my opinion.

*Cough* People used Bull F combos back then *cough*
I mean, if you prefer not calling it its official name, go right ahead LOL.
I don't really see why some people (not saying you, just the community in general) make such a big deal about it. I mean they are technically preceding the HWS system, so while it's not the official name, I don't see why calling it the pre-hws system is so bad.
(Feb. 13, 2014  4:29 AM)Dual Wrote: I don't really see why some people (not saying you, just the community in general) make such a big deal about it. I mean they are technically preceding the HWS system, so while it's not the official name, I don't see why calling it the pre-hws system is so bad.
this^

No one makes a big fuss about calling MFB tournament explosion (or whatever it's called in Japan.) Metal Masters...