Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Sep. 22, 2012  12:06 PM)th!nk Wrote: Okay so yesterday I finally got around to sitting down to go through my plastic launchers and separate the skipping ones from the working ones. But when I started, I wasn't finding any skip. Then I retested with a different ripcord, and they all skipped.

And then it struck me: skipping for plastic launchers seems to be related a lot more to the ripcord than the launcher. I mean sure, I did have 5 dodgy launchers, all of which I fixed, as well as cobbling together 3 from parts (including the first left spin launcher I ever owned, something I've been trying to do for years), but it really was just two bad ripcords - and these are easy to spot, the main factor being the teeth of the winder being chipped.

Seems fairly easy to chip sonokong dragoon g ones, but much harder to chip MFB Light Launcher 1 Ripcords - and I'll take one less tooth as a sacrifice for that any day (I also find them more comfortable).

Of course, some launchers do handle skipping ripcords better than others, and gear damage to the launchers does cause it too, but for standard EZ Shooters that's quite rare.

All in all, came out of it with 7 or so more launchers, so I'm pretty happy with that!

I also found a working beylauncher, so now I do have a right spin MFB launcher finally, though right now I'm much more focussed on plastics what with beywiki and all. Tongue_out

You know, this is something I've noticed before as well. Not to the point of completely realizing it, but close, lol. In my Gyro Gears (Hasbro) some ripcords skip, others don't. Usually my Dragon Winders skip, due to their prolonged use, but regular ripcords which have hardly ever been used, almost never skip. I thought it was a problem within the actual gear, but it's good to realize finally that it might not be.

On the topic of Gyro Gears, they're really cool. I love the tricks you can do with them, kinda like how you could balance it on your finger or something.
I have both of the Hasbro Gyro Gear beys (forget their names atm) and I've only ever purchased two, but for some reason I have one that's literally been pulled from the base, and I have no clue where I got it. Chocked_2
(Sep. 22, 2012  8:25 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: You know, this is something I've noticed before as well. Not to the point of completely realizing it, but close, lol. In my Gyro Gears (Hasbro) some ripcords skip, others don't. Usually my Dragon Winders skip, due to their prolonged use, but regular ripcords which have hardly ever been used, almost never skip. I thought it was a problem within the actual gear, but it's good to realize finally that it might not be.

On the topic of Gyro Gears, they're really cool. I love the tricks you can do with them, kinda like how you could balance it on your finger or something.
I have both of the Hasbro Gyro Gear beys (forget their names atm) and I've only ever purchased two, but for some reason I have one that's literally been pulled from the base, and I have no clue where I got it. Chocked_2

Torch Pegasus (Flame/Thunder Pegasus being the Takara versions) and Capricorn Strike G.

What do you mean pulled from the base? The gyro part comes loose after a while but it's easy to fix, you just adjust the spacer inside the Gyro EG, making sure it has a little room to move so the spacer doesn't scrape against the inside of the casings, but no more.

I wish it were legal to swap both the bearings in gyro gear to NSK bearings and use it in gyro mode. Would make for some wild battles.

But yeah, despite the complaints it caused, reusing the ripcord design from plastics for the LL1's was a really good move by Takara in my books Tongue_out

Also, I never realised just how severely basalt beat scythe at stamina... And how violent those battles were.

I finally found my missing MG Core in my MFB box lol. It was too late though, needing one more made me take one out of a Driger S combo, decide I wanted a Driger S for collection, and then be sad because all of my tiger defensers are worn. Settled for the most mint one I had, but still :c
Mainly, I'm using my Samurai Ifraid Synchrom - WB defense bottom.. So far it hasn't been beaten, but I haven't tested it in official matches yet. Holding off from using Big Bang (Cosmic) Pegasus tho.
what is the best bays name
(Sep. 23, 2012  9:47 PM)Tenshi89 Wrote: Mainly, I'm using my Samurai Ifraid Synchrom - WB defense bottom.. So far it hasn't been beaten, but I haven't tested it in official matches yet. Holding off from using Big Bang (Cosmic) Pegasus tho.

i bet my upgraded burn fireblaze could beat your samurai
(Sep. 25, 2012  2:05 AM)voowens Wrote: what is the best bays name
(Sep. 23, 2012  9:47 PM)Tenshi89 Wrote: Mainly, I'm using my Samurai Ifraid Synchrom - WB defense bottom.. So far it hasn't been beaten, but I haven't tested it in official matches yet. Holding off from using Big Bang (Cosmic) Pegasus tho.

That's the wrong place to post that

dose anybody know when the next event for oklahoma is
(Sep. 25, 2012  2:22 AM)voowens Wrote: dose anybody know when the next event for oklahoma is
1.That's the wrong place to post that
2.The WBO doesn't send people WorldWide to host tournaments,people in that area host a tournament there selves

First of all, there is no "best bey". Check the build me a combo #2 thread. And burn is highly outclassed. Also check the build me a combo thread.

Anyways, I have been using MB with 230/E230 in Hasbro stadiums and it does well with off balance MW's such as Ifraid Saramnada or Basalt. I like the wobbly effect it gives it when battling. Not new news or anything, just a random thought...
(Sep. 25, 2012  2:11 AM)Bobmcdoogal Wrote:

That's the wrong place to post that

sorry

(Sep. 22, 2012  11:56 AM)Ginga Blader Wrote: Hey, guys. So I have a hard time explaining to my friends that beyblades are more than spinning tops, and that they are awesome. What should I tell them?

tell them that beyblade was meant for older pepol becaues if u read the old manga it uses curse words.
Beyblade is not just meant for older people. It's appealing to all age groups it seems.

Just because it uses bad words doesn't make it an adult manga, most manga use the words "Hell" or "Damn"
(Sep. 25, 2012  2:54 AM)Tri Wrote: Beyblade is not just meant for older people. It's appealing to all age groups it seems.

That would explain the varying ages from toddlers to even mom and dads playing... Mystery Solved

Although, there are those people who feel like Beyblade is too "immature", just wait until they find out about the 20+ to parents playing, hah.
(Sep. 23, 2012  5:50 AM)th!nk Wrote: What do you mean pulled from the base? The gyro part comes loose after a while but it's easy to fix, you just adjust the spacer inside the Gyro EG, making sure it has a little room to move so the spacer doesn't scrape against the inside of the casings, but no more.

Like, the entire metal piece is pulled from the base. (sorry, don't know the technical term for the part :\)
And I can't find that missing base. LOL
Probably lost it over the years, but I don't ever recall having a third Gyro EG bey... Maybe it was a spare part that came with one of the two?
I really dont know why people think that beyblade is for adults. Its a fun game for everyone to experience. Most kids who play beyblade dont even read the manga. Every manga has its own way to do things, if there are curse words... Look at other manga, theres lots of it.

Cool, Beyblade is still selling absolutely well in France, so hopefully TAKARA-TOMY does not despair even if it does not do so well back in Japan.

http://www.toynews-online.biz/news/37240...-in-France
We should try to get another store to collaborate with us for a massive french tournament and then legitimately send in results and new members.

It looks like it's a pretty active community, so...

But either way, that's great to hear!
The problem was that the store was too shy in getting Members to register ... Basically, they did not want to get in any trouble by recording private information about players without their consent. It is true, but it should have been made much clearer that you need an account on the World Beyblade Organization before participating ...
Hm, I did some high quality scans of the instruction sheet that comes with the Attack Stadium. I don't know if they're of any interest to anyone, but here:

I won 3rd place in a Video Response contest. I got a Pirates Orojya, which i have... If i got 2nd, i would've got the Synchrom set, and First prize- Was 3 Metal Fury beys...
Why are the worst prizes for the first place, hah.
I would've been shooting for second place, lol. Not everyday I say that...
(Sep. 27, 2012  4:08 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Why are the worst prizes for the first place, hah.

Guess some people just like to troll, and so I guess they know that we hate Hasbro pretty badly for them to do that
Was that by any chance one of Zankye's contests/giveaways? I would go for second place too, haha.
(Sep. 28, 2012  3:10 PM)Anchor Wrote: Was that by any chance one of Zankye's contests/giveaways? I would go for second place too, haha.

Yes, it was.

EDIT: I actually like the first-place prize .. given that I haven't seen any Metal Fury around here, and already have the other prizes, haha.
The kid with the really annoying voice right? I always mute his videos. Since he actually does the differences I would have thought he'd choose the Hasbro beys for 2nd or third place.