Beyblade Podcast

Poll: Is a Beyblade Podcast a good idea?

Yeah, It's a great idea!
43.24%
I supose it could work...if done correctly.
37.84%
Quite simply, NO!
18.92%
Total: 100% 37 vote(s)
I'm not sure about this, it seems like it would be a bit unecessary. Podcasts can be boring and I don't think a beyblade podcast would be much better. 30min of constant talking and no visuals especially with something like beyblade does not seem very appealing. Most of the content would be on Beywiki (and other beyblade websites) as well as it being discussed on the forums. tbh unless it was something really unique and exciting, I think people would lose interest in this easily.

What exactly would you be including in the podcast?
I could understand a 30sec - 1min video which updates on the weeks beyblade news, or something like that. Similar to one of those gossip shows you see on the E! channel.
(Mar. 29, 2009  8:24 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote: I could understand a 30sec - 1min video which updates on the weeks beyblade news, or something like that. Similar to one of those gossip shows you see on the E! channel.

Now I actually like this idea. Putting out a video every month with quick Beyblade news and sticking it on Youtube.
(Mar. 29, 2009  8:31 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Now I actually like this idea. Putting out a video every month with quick Beyblade news and sticking it on Youtube.

I was actually planning to get something like that started around June. With news, updates, new releases, summary what of happened in the past week (s), etc.
Why June? The MFB Anime starts next month, that should provide sufficient data.
(Mar. 29, 2009  8:35 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote: Why June? The MFB Anime starts next month, that should provide sufficient data.

It would be less busy for me around then but I guess it could get started earlier.
(Mar. 29, 2009  8:24 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote: I could understand a 30sec - 1min video which updates on the weeks beyblade news, or something like that. Similar to one of those gossip shows you see on the E! channel.

Now this I would support; much more relevant to the game.
I agree as well. That would be something easier on everyone. It would have to be good quality, though.
I may do this in the next few days considering all the stuff that's come out this month.
That would be awesome! And would you consider creating a BBscript for embedding flash videos as well?
(Mar. 29, 2009  9:02 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote: That would be awesome! And would you consider creating a BBscript for embedding flash videos as well?

There are loads of these so I may get around to installing one.
(Mar. 29, 2009  9:03 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: There are loads of these so I may get around to installing one.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss. XD
Yeah I'd listen. It'd be hard but with many new products you could probably make it work......you'd have to pick the right frequency for your amount of subject matter though. Smile

WBO Video Updates sounds even better. Grin Similiar to ANN. Joyful_3
(Mar. 29, 2009  9:13 PM)Rocky Wrote: Grin Similiar to ANN. Joyful_3

I was thinking more like Hard News from screwattack
You could make a video podcast with images.
It wouldn't have to be like a talk show, it could just be pictures of the latest blade release, a combo of the week photo, upcoming blade information and photos.etc. It wouldn't necessarily have to involve everyone meeting at a place to create something.
Because slideshows only have a certain degree of professionalism.
(Mar. 29, 2009  9:18 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote: I was thinking more like Hard News from screwattack

I hope it's not like this. What actual information are they getting to you besides small facts that could be found within a quick wiki search?
But, it's not some long 30min podcast with two guys talking about spining tops. It's an update on the week and/or month's beyblade news.
(Mar. 29, 2009  9:44 PM)Commie Wrote: I hope it's not like this. What actual information are they getting to you besides small facts that could be found within a quick wiki search?

That's sort of the idea. It's supposed to be a summary to get people interested in the fuller story. It would draw more people to this website.
This is a good idea, I would watch it! Smile
i like the shorter video idea. I find myself spending alot of time watching video podcasts because theyre entertaining. Audio podcasts, to be frank, bore me to death, ESPECIALLY when theyre long, imo.

also, some of the episodes could be of tournaments when they are held, interviews with the bladers there, ect. (just to add some different content Grin)

and yea if this isn't apparent already, id watch a shorter video podcast that recaps the week in things like releases, reviews, tournaments, and strategy. o and maybe customization tips.

(should i still vote on the poll if i want wat i stated above and not for the 30 min audio podcast?)
(Mar. 30, 2009  1:37 AM)Limeguy64 Wrote: (should i still vote on the poll if i want wat i stated above and not for the 30 min audio podcast?)

You can just vote for the last option "Quite simply no" then :\
(Mar. 30, 2009  1:37 AM)Limeguy64 Wrote: \
also, some of the episodes could be of tournaments when they are held, interviews with the bladers there, ect. (just to add some different content Grin)

and yea if this isn't apparent already, id watch a shorter video podcast that recaps the week in things like releases, reviews, tournaments, and strategy. o and maybe customization tips.

My thoughts exactly. I would be into the tourney coverage too! I'm more than willing to have the first Tourney coverage be for MBS! (Shameless plug ends here)

Or WHATTHEBUCK
(Mar. 30, 2009  9:10 PM)fragbait Wrote: My thoughts exactly. I would be into the tourney coverage too! I'm more than willing to have the first Tourney coverage be for MBS! (Shameless plug ends here)

There was one for Beyblade's Not Dead and I think Annubis is working on the Frozen Garden Tournament video.
(Mar. 30, 2009  9:10 PM)fragbait Wrote: Or WHATTHEBUCK

I actually enjoy that show. Not an avid viewer, but he's funny.