Beyblade GT: What happened to Free and Lui and why do other bladers have their bey?

So i heard Fumiya just named his bey after fafnir because he looked up to Free, but I couldn't find a reason for why lodin had Longinus, which is Lui's bey.

I watched gt on 9anime and some of the episodes are missing and some are put in the wrong order and repeated so there could have been something I missed.
I honestly have no idea
To answer your question, its Beyblade. Beyblades come from stores, Amazons, eBay, etc. Beyblades are not a one-of-a-kind legendary objects that are meant for ONE person

If that were the case, the toys wouldnt be popular in-universe, because there can only be one Bey with that name. Beyblades come from stores, not a god who tells you that Bahamut was made just for you, and only you. And since they come from stores, there are bound to be similar copies. I walk into stores and can find like, three Longinus-es!
That makes no sense, they won't give another person in the show the same beyblade as someone else without any storyline. There can be three longinuses but realistically there aren't going to be three different people in the show with three different longinuses because that wouldn't make sense. But there are two people in the show with longinus, so now I'm just confused on why the second guy has it too.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
(Aug. 15, 2019  9:34 PM)freshking Wrote: That makes no sense, they won't give another person in the show the same beyblade as someone else without any storyline. There can be three longinuses but realistically there aren't going to be three different people in the show with three different longinuses because that wouldn't make sense. But there are two people in the show with longinus, so now I'm just confused on why the second guy has it too.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Because the writers don’t care. This happened before with Ken
Beyblades are products and need to be marketable. Animes, commercials and other media are used to promote the product to be bought. Longinus has been very marketable over the years, Lui helped that. Lui and his voice actor are not in GT. High likelihood that Takara Tomy makes a new version of a popular Beyblade line (Longinus) for GT. The writers for GT need a way to make the new Longinus marketable. They introduce a new character (Lodon) to make Longinus look cool and get people to stay on the Longinus hype train.

Blame the writers.
(Aug. 15, 2019  9:34 PM)freshking Wrote: That makes no sense, they won't give another person in the show the same beyblade as someone else without any storyline. There can be three longinuses but realistically there aren't going to be three different people in the show with three different longinuses because that wouldn't make sense. But there are two people in the show with longinus, so now I'm just confused on why the second guy has it too.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Im guessing that youre assuming that two Longinuses mean theyre the same? Beys can have the same layers, but different parts are what makes it unique and special. Theres no evidence of characters stealing the others’ Beys unless stated

Come on, Lui having Longinus will inspire other people like fans and Bladers to get their OWN Longinus. You sound like you have no clue what inspiration and marketing is
(Aug. 15, 2019  9:54 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Im guessing that youre assuming that two Longinuses mean theyre the same? Beys can have the same layers, but different parts are what makes it unique and special. Theres no evidence of characters stealing the others’ Beys unless stated

Kinda like how Drum had Air Knight and Delta had Hell Salamander as placeholders before they had their own beys.  Copies of beys can exist and the writers have flexibility on how they handle the story and owners; new owners can happen also.
Yeah, people have Beys of the same names. The world of Beyblade wouldnt exist if theres the one-Bey rule. And wouldnt it be awkward to accuse me of stealing Nemesis, when in reality I really like Norman’s Bey and wanted to own a similar one?
It's really not blasphemy for Burst have upgrades to beyblades not belong to the original owner. It's already established these beyblades were generally made by themselves, in cases like Aiga or Drum's new layer bases, and we could assume that Lodin and Fumiya were inspired by the success of Lui and Free and wanted a beyblade that had their features. I mean heck, Aiga was inspired by Valt to make his own bey, sure he didn't make his own Achilles but same process.

Unlike MFB, there's no legendary beast or special responsibility or role owning these beyblades, so some random guy owning Longinus isn't the same as some random guy owning L-Drago.

That does beg the question as to why they don't have Spriggan Requiem, Sieg Xcalibur, God Valkyrie, Drain Fafnir, Nightmare Longinus owned by random generic people in the anime, considering they're owned by some of the strongest bladers in the God series. And I mean during Cho Z as well, where God beys became fodder.
Let's be real. Even if someone tried to steal beys from Free and Lui, they'd get beaten up in a heartbeat. Or they beys would just heat up ala Spriggan Reqiuem.
(Aug. 15, 2019  10:49 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Let's be real. Even if someone tried to steal beys from Free and Lui, they'd get beaten up in a heartbeat. Or they beys would just heat up ala Spriggan Reqiuem.

Thank you for being real and having logic

Its also really funny to think about it to, I have to admit: Why take the hassle of stealing a Bey when youre going to be defeated by the main character? And oh boy, going very long distances too (Ex. Kyle would have to go to a different country, since Ken is from Japan). And it isnt like we see the “original” owners are coming after the battle and beat up the “thieves” (Id be laughing if Lui or Free beat up the thieves!) Smile
(Aug. 15, 2019  11:07 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2019  10:49 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Let's be real. Even if someone tried to steal beys from Free and Lui, they'd get beaten up in a heartbeat. Or they beys would just heat up ala Spriggan Reqiuem.

Thank you for being real and having logic

Its also really funny to think about it to, I have to admit: Why take the hassle of stealing a Bey when youre going to be defeated by the main character? And oh boy, going very long distances too (Ex. Kyle would have to go to a different country, since Ken is from Japan). And it isnt like we see the “original” owners are coming after the battle and beat up the “thieves” (Id be laughing if Lui or Free beat up the thieves!) Smile
NP. Lui'd just take the whip machine and swing it fast enough to hit them. Free'd just get his deer or go Super Free-an to scare them off.

It'd be even worse (and hilarious) if the bey they steal isn't compatible to their fighting style at all.
(Aug. 15, 2019  11:13 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2019  11:07 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Thank you for being real and having logic

NP. Lui'd just take the whip machine and swing it fast enough to hit them. Free'd just get his deer or go Super Free-an to scare them off.

It'd be even worse (and hilarious) if the bey they steal isn't compatible to their fighting style at all.

Heck, if Lui had a super duper strong bond with his Bey, Im sure Longinus wouldnt even RESPOND to his “new” owner at all. And you know, stop spinning right after a launch, haha (Dont treat this seriously. Im just goofing off)
(Aug. 15, 2019  11:15 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2019  11:13 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: NP. Lui'd just take the whip machine and swing it fast enough to hit them. Free'd just get his deer or go Super Free-an to scare them off.

Heck, if Lui had a super duper strong bond with his Bey, Im sure Longinus wouldnt even RESPOND to his “new” owner at all. And you know, stop spinning right after a launch, haha (Dont treat this seriously. Im just goofing off)

HAHAHAHA. I wish we'd see that though.
(Aug. 16, 2019  12:13 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2019  11:15 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Heck, if Lui had a super duper strong bond with his Bey, Im sure Longinus wouldnt even RESPOND to his “new” owner at all. And you know, stop spinning right after a launch, haha (Dont treat this seriously. Im just goofing off)

HAHAHAHA. I wish we'd see that though.

Almost off topic, but Id like to see a Burst episode featuring a bond between Blader and Bey. And a lesson of “The Bey you stole from X wont listen to you!” type of junk, haha

Either way, I highly doubt it because the main point here is that character DONT steal Beys from Bladers theyre replacing
(Aug. 16, 2019  12:18 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2019  12:13 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: HAHAHAHA. I wish we'd see that though.

Almost off topic, but Id like to see a Burst episode featuring a bond between Blader and Bey. And a lesson of “The Bey you stole from X wont listen to you!” type of junk, haha

Either way, I highly doubt it because the main point here is that character DONT steal Beys from Bladers theyre replacing

I could see an episode like that playing out...but how about an accidentally beyblade switcheroo. IDK, say like Rantaro and Wakiya (or a main character and one of the bigger rivals) are complaining cuz they think they're respect beys make them worse/nothing special, but they accidentally knock each other over and are forced to win a battle and making them respect each other's beyblades/beys.
(Aug. 15, 2019  9:00 PM)freshking Wrote: So i heard Fumiya just named his bey after fafnir because he looked up to Free, but I couldn't find a reason for why lodin had Longinus, which is Lui's bey.

I watched gt on 9anime and some of the episodes are missing and some are put in the wrong order and repeated so there could have been something I missed.
2 people had Xcalibur in Cho-Z, so multiple people can own say, a Kerbeus at the same time.
It's either:

1. Free's and Lui's voice actors are done.
2. Both characters quitted Beyblade and gave it to another similar bladers
3. Takara Tomy just wanted new characters for more exciting battle.
4. Free and Lui does not have anything to do with Fumiya and Lodin, just matched bey names.

If they are not in one of these, I don't know?
(Aug. 16, 2019  1:10 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: I hate how the Ace Base is now obsolete. It hasn't won in a while and the bey is an attack type!
3 and four, but not in a a negative light.
(Aug. 16, 2019  2:30 AM)Dash Driver Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2019  9:00 PM)freshking Wrote: So i heard Fumiya just named his bey after fafnir because he looked up to Free, but I couldn't find a reason for why lodin had Longinus, which is Lui's bey.

2 people had Xcalibur in Cho-Z, so multiple people can own say, a Kerbeus at the same time.

Yeah but the writers put a story line for why 2 people had Xcalibur. Maybe this will get addressed with Lodin and Longinus too later in the series, but yeah I get the whole marketing aspect. It just made it kind of odd seeing someone else with Longinus for no reason in the story line whatsoever.

(Aug. 16, 2019  2:49 AM)Ghostly Wrote: It's either:

1. Free's and Lui's voice actors are done.
2. Both characters quitted Beyblade and gave it to another similar bladers
3. Takara Tomy just wanted new characters for more exciting battle.
4. Free and Lui does not have anything to do with Fumiya and Lodin, just matched bey names.

If they are not in one of these, I don't know?

yeah i heard about the free and lui not being in GT either
Its confirmed from the manga and a clip from the anime the free didn't give Fafnir to Fumiya but was inspired to make a Fafnir
(Sep. 26, 2019  10:15 AM)ClearWing R34 Wrote: Its confirmed from the manga and a clip from the anime the free didn't give Fafnir to Fumiya but was inspired to make a Fafnir

Just like Xhan's Xcalibur with Xhaka.
(Aug. 15, 2019  11:15 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2019  11:13 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: NP. Lui'd just take the whip machine and swing it fast enough to hit them. Free'd just get his deer or go Super Free-an to scare them off.

lol imagine lodin launching his hardest and longinus doesn't even come off the launcher haha
i think individual beyblades are tailored to the user but have similar motifs, Zwei Longinus is just Lodin’s custom made bey that just so happens to have the same type of bit beast as Lui’s Longinus beys