Beyblade Designs...

Hey Remember way back in like 2005 when there was that design contest and Slash Riger MS was the winner(I think), well I saved the designs of the 4 products I made.

Back then I think I knew a little bit more and less about blades, but I still like them!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/SilverV/WBMF.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/S...oxCore.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/S...ooter2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/S...alBall.jpg

I may create some more ones in the future, but for now post your own!
I made a Beyblade Design about a month before Metal Fight Beyblade was released in Japan.

I used Xeronix as a base for the design. It's a Smash Attacker (albeit with terrible recoil XD), a Balance Type. The Bottom is supposed to be a mix of Metal Change, only wide.

My Scanner is acting stupid, so I'll post a picture of the page instead (click on Thumbnail for full view):

[Image: picture002jl4.th.jpg]
Wheel: Xeronix (Spike Smash)
Track: Wide 135 (13.5 mm)
Bottom: Wide Change Base

Feel free to point out flaws.

NEW DESIGN:

Here's my design for an Upper-Attack MFB, with a Metal Ball at the end/top of the Upper Ramp, for more powerful Upper.

The Blue-Green is the background for the parts (used to show what parts of the drawing are a part of the Wheel/Track/Bottom).

[Image: picture015rw8.th.jpg]
Wheel: Lynx (Force Upper)
Track: 100 (10.0 mm)
Bottom: Semi-Wide Flat (Wider than Flat, Smaller than Wide)

I used HMS as a basis for the Wheel, so it sort of resembles an HMS AR. Ignore the different shadings, it's all metal for the Wheel.
Usage of proper drafting tools will make this much more professional looking!
(Aug. 20, 2008  5:05 PM)Nic Wrote: Usage of proper drafting tools will make this much more professional looking!

Oh? Such as...?

I try to make my Beyblade Designs as professional as possible, with the limited supplies I have.

Oh, and I should've explained this in my OP:
Force Upper is a combination of Smash Attack and Upper Attack. When the Upper Attack ramp begins lifting the opponent, it "carries" it (for lack of better wording) up the ramp until the opponent hits the Metal Ball towards the Head of the Wheel. This Ball adds to the Upper Attack, giving it more force; hence, Force Upper.

(...*can't really explain it*)
(Aug. 20, 2008  9:31 PM)Grey Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2008  5:05 PM)Nic Wrote: Usage of proper drafting tools will make this much more professional looking!

Oh? Such as...?

I try to make my Beyblade Designs as professional as possible, with the limited supplies I have.

Ruler, protractor, compass. You don't actually need the protractor, but it's useful. You can easily make amazingly detailed diagrams that resemble concept art or blueprints, depending on your preferences.
(Aug. 21, 2008  10:41 AM)Nic Wrote:

Oh? Such as...?

Ruler, protractor, compass. You don't actually need the protractor, but it's useful. You can easily make amazingly detailed diagrams that resemble concept art or blueprints, depending on your preferences.

Hmm...I have the ruler, and probably the protractor. My older bro should have a compass for me to use.
The compass would probably be the most helpful, I had to use random circular/cylinder-shaped objects to make the circles.
I think it looks good, very detailed drawings.
If the have a competition to "Create your own beyblade" like the one they had before (I think Slash Riger MS was the winner) are you going to submit the MFB design?
(Aug. 21, 2008  5:04 PM)Grey Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2008  10:41 AM)Nic Wrote:

Oh? Such as...?

Hmm...I have the ruler, and probably the protractor. My older bro should have a compass for me to use.
The compass would probably be the most helpful, I had to use random circular/cylinder-shaped objects to make the circles.

You need a bottom view of the wheel too. Try using graph paper it's wonderful stuff for designs. Perspective view might also be nice, but it's not really necessary. I love how you made the Xeronix wheel. It's even got the proper drafting symbol for a hole.

The winner of that contest was dual. They made Thunder Dragon MS and Sea Dragon MS. (Each winner of the Coro-Coro contest appeared in the manga and Daichi battles them in his bonus stories starting with Guardian Driger and Kennosuke Shishi).
Dude Nice topic. OP and Grey, cool designs.
Brings back memories. I wonder if I have stuff like that kicking around
Here's my design for a plastic generation blade. I just drew around circular objects, couldn't find protractors etc. If it's blurry, go here: Sharpened image
[Image: DSC00139.jpg]
Nice design Chozen, looks really useful, proffesional and like it would work well too.
Thanks Gigs =)
Anything I can do better?
Chozen, it's a great design, but too strong Wink
hmmm, sorry, lol
Didn't mean to make an overpowered blade

What would happen if I made this blade left-spin?

EDIT: hehe, just realised that this would be the only G blade with support parts. I suppose it should be a V2 gen blade then huh?
hms design.

fileUncertain//CUncertainDocuments%20and%20Settings/SHEILA%20SANDE/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/beyblade%20design%20002.jpg
(Aug. 30, 2008  5:12 AM)ROCKBLADE2012 Wrote: hms design.

fileUncertain//CUncertainDocuments%20and%20Settings/SHEILA%20SANDE/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/beyblade%20design%20002.jpg

In order to post pictures, you need to upload them onto a site such as www.imageshack.us , and then post the link they give you (I believe it's listed as "Link For Forums 1).
Hmm, I've been drafting since a freshman in High school. If you guys want I can make a CAD and possibly a 3d model using a RPM ( rapid Prototyping machine) would that be cool? It could take a few weeks though =/
(Aug. 31, 2008  1:18 AM)James Wrote: Hmm, I've been drafting since a freshman in High school. If you guys want I can make a CAD and possibly a 3d model using a RPM ( rapid Prototyping machine) would that be cool? It could take a few weeks though =/

If I still had access to my engineering program I could come up with 3D renders for all the parts and do a combination piece with all the parts fitted together. Though the hosting of all that might be a bit of an issue the files are quite massive.
Hmm I need to upload mine, I was bored and came up with Gekiryu Metal Serpent (HMS)
I never realised how much of a pain they were to draw up until now XD
Yeah, it takes time to do these things... too much time in some cases XD
carp DESIGNS ARE carp:
[Image: GShiven.jpg]
[Image: GDraciel.jpg]

I might want to remake mine since I can run photoshop better now lol
LOL, I remember those designs from the OTC forums!
Draciel GT's attack ring looks a bit like spike lizard.
(Sep. 07, 2008  4:01 AM)bladehoarder Wrote: LOL, I remember those designs from the OTC forums!
Draciel GT's attack ring looks a bit like spike lizard.

that, on crack though. It's not as round so it'd probably suck more lol
I like the first one (Shivan Dragon) The colour scheme etc works well. The AR seems like it has a good range too.