Beyblade Contest: Bey-Photography! (YC)

(Apr. 18, 2013  8:44 AM)DB Wrote: Oh mine is original without edits. Nice one orca

Thanks!
Yours is more awesome Tongue_out_wink

(Apr. 18, 2013  10:51 AM)Triforceblader Wrote: nice one orca

Man, thanks !
Your's too Wink
nice one orca

Ok I changed my entry to one entry, Sorry if I caused any trouble I was just still trying to find my best pic
Actually, your first one is the one with the writing. That is the one that will be judged. I have saved the image onto my iPad, same goes for diblee.

Note to anyone else entering: Only upload one picture; more than one will cause disqualification.
Diablo Nemesis, The Beast Incarnate, Covered In Ebony...
[Image: yxcnq6w0p]
I guess that image isn't working. I'm so bad with linking. Or there's some problem with postimage.org
try this link
http://postimg.org/image/yxcnq6w0p/

P.S- I tried to fix it on the first post. Tell me if the image can be seen on this thread. Thanks.
Can there be more than one beyblade in a photo? I know this is is a bit of a stupid question but I want to be sure.
Zeno, the pic's blocked for me. Ahahahahahahah
Here is my entry.The fish in the photo were confused about the beyblades.
Awesome pic. I love the water type beys in the aquarium! Well was the aquarium dry or there was water in it?
(Apr. 18, 2013  7:41 PM)Nemo Wrote: Awesome pic. I love the water type beys in the aquarium! Well was the aquarium dry or there was water in it?
There was water in the aquarium
(Apr. 18, 2013  7:44 PM)The Beymaster Wrote:
(Apr. 18, 2013  7:41 PM)Nemo Wrote: Awesome pic. I love the water type beys in the aquarium! Well was the aquarium dry or there was water in it?
There was water in the aquarium
hmm.. It would be hard to put and arrange the beys in the aquarium full of water.
I am totally going to enter!
I am going to be taking a picture of my favorite bey Cosmic Pisces!
I have a feeling I wont get a prize.......
Haha, ill be participating for this!
Would it be ok if I messed with the contrast to give the picture a different look?
Yeah I have the same question. I'd really love to color correct my photo, but I want to make sure it is okay first. I think he means like, you can't edit a bey on top of a waterfall and then add some cool lens flares and bursting light.

It would still be cool if Cannon or a judge could clarify if color correction classifies as changing original comp.
diblee123 stop SPAMMING.

I have stickied the thread, cheers !
(Apr. 18, 2013  6:21 PM)The Beymaster Wrote: Can there be more than one beyblade in a photo? I know this is is a bit of a stupid question but I want to be sure.

Yes, of course.

(Apr. 18, 2013  9:26 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: Would it be ok if I messed with the contrast to give the picture a different look?

(Apr. 18, 2013  9:43 PM)Meow! Wrote: Yeah I have the same question. I'd really love to color correct my photo, but I want to make sure it is okay first. I think he means like, you can't edit a bey on top of a waterfall and then add some cool lens flares and bursting light.

It would still be cool if Cannon or a judge could clarify if color correction classifies as changing original comp.

Contrast edits are fine. Major edits aren't allowed, somewhat like what Meow! described.
This thing is going to become very awesome !
Can't wait until May 30th.
If anything,I'm not doing this for the prize. I just wanna make people appreciate my (maybe) l33t skillz.
dont know if this counts as a photograph, but its sure a circus show
EDIT: just to know this bey is spinning on my finger, its very tough to do something like this with zero G syn-chromes.
Well, its easy to balance stuff on B: D, to be honest.
But as this Photography contest is not about a balancing act, I wouldn't discuss about that. I'd rather talk about the picture, haha!
I always love how people manage to pull off these sort of gimmicks using the stroboscopic effect. That looks as if the beyblade is not spinning at all. But well, it probably is. So well, that makes the picture really impressive, IMO.
The stroboscopic effect is a "trick" on the eye, moving in the opposite direction then what it is. I can't really explain it properly, but you should read about it.

If you record a Beyblade spinning while the sun is shining towards it, review it and you'll see it.

Also, that is just using the cameras shutter speed option, or using the flash effect.
Well, I know the stroboscopic effect and stuff.
I don't know how people manage to adjust the shutter speed of the camera so perfectly. The flash hardly has anything to do with it, IMO. I've always tried the "sun shining towards it" and the "use flash" methods, but I was never able to get it, haha!
The shutter speed is always the deciding factor, from what I know.
Still images can't define the stroboscopic effect properly, so his image has nothing to do about it.

But yeah, let's not get this thread derailed.