Beyblade Burst trying to be like Dragon ball Z/Super?

I feel like the new beyblade burst series is trying to be like dragon ball, it's literally called Beyblade burst super Z, and then there's dbz and db super. The new protagonist in Super Z (I forgot the name), has a power up where their hair turns red, which seems like a rip off of super saiyan god. A lot of beytubers have jokingly made comparisons with super z to dragonball super, and probably a lot of kids in Japan who play beyblade and watch dragon ball have as well. I think beyblade super z is trying to grab more attention seeing how popular dragon ball super is in Japan. What do you guys think?
i think the only thing they have in common is the word "super"
I think people are just quick to call "rip off". When I was in school, the kids were saying, "Digimon ripped off of Pokémon! They both use 'mon' and evolve and fight! But they both stole from Monster Rancher, because they had monsters as friends, too."

Dragon Ball has left a big imprint on Japanese culture. It's fair to say it might have had some influence, but Dragon Ball does not have ownership of Chō (超) nor the letter Z, which the Beyblade folks have used to have a fun way to spell out the word Chōzetsu (超絶), which means to transcend, superiority, and excellence. Because they had to find something that is above a series named God, of all things, and how do you that? Well, just transcend beyond that to something really superior and excellent! Makes me think of some of the beliefs of Japan, which would allow there to be a way to rise above even the gods by becoming enlightened.

I mean, how many shows have X in the name to sound cool? Oh no, X-Files must've stole from X-Men. Hahaha, funny thought, isn't it?

People accuse other things from stealing from Dragon Ball as well. Anything with a dragon with a pearl/ball? The name "Son Goku"? Toriyama didn't come up with those ideas, he took them from other stories. Dragons have long had a pearl as their source of power in some Asian legends, and Sun Wukong is the Monkey King from the Chinese classic Journey to the West, whose name in Japan is...Son Goku.

But does that make Dragon Ball a rip off of those things? No, it doesn't. Influenced at best, but it's not trying to be those other stories, it's its own thing.

Going by the name alone, you can't say the Beyblade folks stole and are trying to be like Dragon Ball. And from one snippet alone, you can't say that either. Else Dragon Ball is just a rip off of Journey to the West, but it's not.
(Mar. 22, 2018  5:51 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I think people are just quick to call "rip off". When I was in school, the kids were saying, "Digimon ripped off of Pokémon! They both use 'mon' and evolve and fight! But they both stole from Monster Rancher, because they had monsters as friends, too."

Dragon Ball has left a big imprint on Japanese culture. It's fair to say it might have had some influence, but Dragon Ball does not have ownership of Chō (超) nor the letter Z, which the Beyblade folks have used to have a fun way to spell out the word Chōzetsu (超絶), which means to transcend, superiority, and excellence. Because they had to find something that is above a series named God, of all things, and how do you that? Well, just transcend beyond that to something really superior and excellent! Makes me think of some of the beliefs of Japan, which would allow there to be a way to rise above even the gods by becoming enlightened.

I mean, how many shows have X in the name to sound cool? Oh no, X-Files must've stole from X-Men. Hahaha, funny thought, isn't it?

People accuse other things from stealing from Dragon Ball as well. Anything with a dragon with a pearl/ball? The name "Son Goku"? Toriyama didn't come up with those ideas, he took them from other stories. Dragons have long had a pearl as their source of power in some Asian legends, and Sun Wukong is the Monkey King from the Chinese classic Journey to the West, whose name in Japan is...Son Goku.

But does that make Dragon Ball a rip off of those things? No, it doesn't. Influenced at best, but it's not trying to be those other stories, it's its own thing.

Going by the name alone, you can't say the Beyblade folks stole and are trying to be like Dragon Ball. And from one snippet alone, you can't say that either. Else Dragon Ball is just a rip off of Journey to the West, but it's not.

I'm not necessarily saying they shouldn't be allowed to call it super z, I think it's a awesome name for the series. I agree with you now, dragon ball was influenced by journey to the west. The red hair thing is just an influence and beyblade burst chouzetsu is its own thing. I just feel like they could've been a little bit more subtle, and the thing where the zet achielies dude's hair turns red doesn't make any sense to me, if they ever do take more inspiration from dragon ball hopefully they do it right.
(Mar. 22, 2018  6:52 AM)Stingray Wrote: I'm not necessarily saying they shouldn't be allowed to call it super z, I think it's a awesome name for the series. I agree with you now, dragon ball was influenced by journey to the west. The red hair thing is just an influence and beyblade burst chouzetsu is its own thing. I just feel like they could've been a little bit more subtle, and the thing where the zet achielies dude's hair turns red doesn't make any sense to me, if they ever do take more inspiration from dragon ball hopefully they do it right.

for the thing when aiga's hair get reddish and he has a red aura is like them animating the power of his blader spirit & connection to his bey kind of. the same thing happens to Lui, (his hair glows more blue and moves around on his head like it turned into blue flames) Valt, (he has a glowing blue aura when he's using his special moves with god valkyrie) Free, (he has a glowing yellow aura when his veins start popping out) & Shu (he has a burning red aura that other people around him can feel, like when daina & kensuke felt it in the latest episode) so beyblade is just showing the more fantasy aspect of the series and how the main characters sort of have powers when they have a connection with their beys
(Mar. 22, 2018  6:52 AM)Stingray Wrote: I'm not necessarily saying they shouldn't be allowed to call it super z, I think it's a awesome name for the series. I agree with you now, dragon ball was influenced by journey to the west. The red hair thing is just an influence and beyblade burst chouzetsu is its own thing. I just feel like they could've been a little bit more subtle, and the thing where the zet achielies dude's hair turns red doesn't make any sense to me, if they ever do take more inspiration from dragon ball hopefully they do it right.

First, do know that I'm not specifically aiming everything at you. :) That was aimed at the argument being put forth, as presented.

Second, I think you're missing what I'm saying. This will be more in your direction, to help clarify.

I'm not saying Beyblade is purposely taking from Dragon Ball with these things. There is not enough information at this point and time to prove it.

I am doubtful any of this is just taken from Dragon Ball. I think we're just seeing them trying to use words that seem cool. And given Lui's hair, I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a build up after that. Where does the idea of powering up involving hair and auras come from?

This is what I'm getting at. There are influences, and there is trying to figure out where someone's idea came from (and what influences, if any, there were). There is no clear connection at this point. It's the same as saying Digimon took from Pokémon because of X, Y, and Z when there are no clear actual connections between the two. Or again, X-Files from X-Men.

If actual proof comes up, I will change my mind, but I don't count what we're seeing. It's a game of stretching coincidences at this point, in my opinion. The human mind loves to see patterns, even when there aren't any.

Also, I think it's worth noting that Aiga's last name, Akaba, contains the kanji for red in Japanese. Many Burst characters have such a naming scheme for their last name. (Valt has blue, Rantaro has yellow, Shu has crimson, and so on.) So it's red for a reason, as that's his color, and it's the color of his bey on top of that.
(Mar. 22, 2018  8:08 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:

First, do know that I'm not specifically aiming everything at you. Smile That was aimed at the argument being put forth, as presented.

Second, I think you're missing what I'm saying. This will be more in your direction, to help clarify.

I'm not saying Beyblade is purposely taking from Dragon Ball with these things. There is not enough information at this point and time to prove it.

I am doubtful any of this is just taken from Dragon Ball. I think we're just seeing them trying to use words that seem cool. And given Lui's hair, I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a build up after that. Where does the idea of powering up involving hair and auras come from?

This is what I'm getting at. There are influences, and there is trying to figure out where someone's idea came from (and what influences, if any, there were). There is no clear connection at this point. It's the same as saying Digimon took from Pokémon because of X, Y, and Z when there are no clear actual connections between the two. Or again, X-Files from X-Men.

If actual proof comes up, I will change my mind, but I don't count what we're seeing. It's a game of stretching coincidences at this point, in my opinion. The human mind loves to see patterns, even when there aren't any.

Also, I think it's worth noting that Aiga's last name, Akaba, contains the kanji for red in Japanese. Many Burst characters have such a naming scheme for their last name. (Valt has blue, Rantaro has yellow, Shu has crimson, and so on.) So it's red for a reason, as that's his color, and it's the color of his bey on top of that.

I see.
(Mar. 22, 2018  4:51 AM)Stingray Wrote: I feel like the new beyblade burst series is trying to be like dragon ball, it's literally called Beyblade burst super Z, and then there's dbz and db super. The new protagonist in Super Z (I forgot the name), has a power up where their hair turns red, which seems like a rip off of super saiyan god. A lot of beytubers have jokingly made comparisons with super z to dragonball super, and probably a lot of kids in Japan who play beyblade and watch dragon ball have as well. I think beyblade super z is trying to grab more attention seeing how popular dragon ball super is in Japan. What do you guys think?

I think not and everyone who made the comparison probably did it as a joke. I don't see much reason beyblade would try to copy some weird show.
The thing I find most scary now is GT. We have Dragon Ball GT as well. And guess what? Now the beys can go SUPER SAIYAN
(Nov. 02, 2019  6:16 PM)Armor Wrote: The thing I find most scary now is GT. We have Dragon Ball GT as well. And guess what? Now the beys can go SUPER SAIYAN

Dragon Ball and Beyblade crossover Confirmed in 2020
(Nov. 02, 2019  6:18 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Nov. 02, 2019  6:16 PM)Armor Wrote: The thing I find most scary now is GT. We have Dragon Ball GT as well. And guess what? Now the beys can go SUPER SAIYAN

Dragon Ball and Beyblade crossover Confirmed in 2020

Burst ends in 2020, but Beyblade doesn't Wink
(Nov. 02, 2019  7:27 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 02, 2019  6:18 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Dragon Ball and Beyblade crossover Confirmed in 2020

Burst ends in 2020, but Beyblade doesn't Wink

I haven't heard burst ends in 2020. The Dragon Ball and Beyblade crossover thing was a joke btw.
(Nov. 02, 2019  7:53 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Nov. 02, 2019  7:27 PM)Armor Wrote: Burst ends in 2020, but Beyblade doesn't Wink

I haven't heard burst ends in 2020. The Dragon Ball and Beyblade crossover thing was a joke btw.

Yeah I know. I'm hearing about burst ending, so I'm not sure.