Beyblade Burst Sparking Episode #23 (August 28, 2020)

(Aug. 23, 2020  6:01 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  5:38 AM)Zeutron Wrote: That’s actually a good point. Maybe not stronger than, but I’m sure he is at least good enough to put up a decent fight uk? Otherwise he wouldn’t make it. Maybe it’ll be like the battleship cruise where he gets carried/loses just like Aiga sorta did and then later on he progressively gets better mid tournament.

He can hold his own. But I don't think he's surpassed any of the legends.

I agree. When Free went crazy, he withstood a couple of blows from him. And when he was battling Lui, he made Lui start trying.
Honestly Hyuga made more progress than Hikaru
Most Hikaru did: Get a point against Free
Most Hyuga did: Win a battle royale with Aiga, Valt, and Free.
(Aug. 23, 2020  6:29 AM)Achilles25 Wrote: Honestly Hyuga made more progress than Hikaru

In Hikaru's defense. Hikaru wasn't in that battle royale. Its not like they both battle Aiga, Valt, and Free. If Hikaru was in that Battle Royale. I'l argue that he would do better than Hyuga.
(Aug. 23, 2020  6:36 AM)rainy days Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  6:29 AM)Achilles25 Wrote: Honestly Hyuga made more progress than Hikaru

In Hikaru's defense. Hikaru wasn't in that battle royale. Its not like they both battle Aiga, Valt, and Free. If Hikaru was in that Battle Royale. I'l argue that he would do better than Hyuga.

But would he have won is the question
(Aug. 23, 2020  6:48 AM)Achilles25 Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  6:36 AM)rainy days Wrote: In Hikaru's defense. Hikaru wasn't in that battle royale. Its not like they both battle Aiga, Valt, and Free. If Hikaru was in that Battle Royale. I'l argue that he would do better than Hyuga.

But would he have won is the question

Yes. I believe he would of won in the same way Hyuga did.
(Aug. 23, 2020  6:58 AM)rainy days Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  6:48 AM)Achilles25 Wrote: But would he have won is the question

Yes. I believe he would of won in the same way Hyuga did.

No it would have been Aiga heres why. Hikaru had an average amount of battle stats through the series. From getting a sparking shoot in the 1st ep to beating Rantaro to getting a point from Free is exponential. But Hyuga's battle stats are below average. Before the Legend Festival he only beat Sisco that is all. So in conclusion they made Hyuga's growth reasonable in ep 22 with letting him win showing that this is the start of a dark path in Hyuga's story.
(Aug. 23, 2020  7:09 AM)Achilles25 Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  6:58 AM)rainy days Wrote: Yes. I believe he would of won in the same way Hyuga did.

No it would have been Aiga heres why. Hikaru had an average amount of battle stats through the series. From getting a sparking shoot in the 1st ep to beating Rantaro to getting a point from Free is exponential. But Hyuga's battle stats are below average. Before the Legend Festival he only beat Sisco that is all. So in conclusion they made Hyuga's growth reasonable in ep 22 with letting him win showing that this is the start of a dark path in Hyuga's story.
The primary reason why Hyuga only beats the legends a couple of times is simply because they can’t have him consistently win or lose, therefore they give him the win from time to time.
It's not necessarily the start of a dark path for Hyuga. Truth be told, I don't want them to go that route with his story, and I'm sick of dark power being used as an excuse to be op. As far as Hyuga and Hikaru are concerned, they're about level though I do think Hyuga might be a tad stronger considering how he tanked a direct hit from Raging Upper in his second battle with Lui, something Hikaru couldn't quite pull off. I don't consider that battle royale much of a feat though, it was very much a skin of the teeth victory. All in all id say they're about level in ability. Neither of them are stronger than the legends, they both can hold their own against them though.
(Aug. 23, 2020  7:09 AM)Achilles25 Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  6:58 AM)rainy days Wrote: Yes. I believe he would of won in the same way Hyuga did.

What you just said made no sense. He hit a Sparking shoot in the first episode, beat Rantaro with a young beyblade experience, and managed to outspin Free. Hyuga only beat Sisco. So how is his growth reasonable when he goes from beating a subpar legend, to beating a bunch of legends. How was this the start of a dark path, he was normally resonating with Hyperion. And the battle was kind of over complicated. He BARELY outspun them, so how are you going to say his strength is better than the legends just because of 1 second? And how would Aiga have won, you didn't specify that, you should explained why Hikaru wouldn't.
(Aug. 23, 2020  7:28 AM)rainy days Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  7:09 AM)Achilles25 Wrote: No it would have been Aiga heres why. Hikaru had an average amount of battle stats through the series. From getting a sparking shoot in the 1st ep to beating Rantaro to getting a point from Free is exponential. But Hyuga's battle stats are below average. Before the Legend Festival he only beat Sisco that is all. So in conclusion they made Hyuga's growth reasonable in ep 22 with letting him win showing that this is the start of a dark path in Hyuga's story.

What you just said made no sense. He hit a Sparking shoot in the first episode, beat Rantaro with a young beyblade experience, and managed to outspin Free. Hyuga only beat Sisco. So how is his growth reasonable when he goes from beating a subpar legend, to beating a bunch of legends. How was this the start of a dark path, he was normally resonating with Hyperion. And the battle was kind of over complicated. He BARELY outspun them, so how are you going to say his strength is better than the legends just because of 1 second? And how would Aiga have won, you didn't specify that, you should explained why Hikaru wouldn't.
What you have to understand is, Rantaro, Sisco and Drum (who Hyuga also beat) are not really sub par. They only appeared to be because of the points at which they were introduced. What I’m getting at here is that we shouldn’t use any battles that occur before the festival to actually determine how tough the brothers are because the wins the writers give them are going to be completely random based on blader appearance. The reason why Hyuga beats Sisco, loses to him right after, then never beats Lui, then beats Drum and then loses to him right after is simply just anime progression. If he loses to all the legends all the time then it’s stupid because it’s just Hyuga(and Hikaru) losing all the time but if he beats them all then it’s just as stupid since he keeps on taking down veterans, get what I’m saying? Based on that they just give them an occasional victory to balance things out.
(Aug. 23, 2020  7:28 AM)rainy days Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  7:09 AM)Achilles25 Wrote: No it would have been Aiga heres why. Hikaru had an average amount of battle stats through the series. From getting a sparking shoot in the 1st ep to beating Rantaro to getting a point from Free is exponential. But Hyuga's battle stats are below average. Before the Legend Festival he only beat Sisco that is all. So in conclusion they made Hyuga's growth reasonable in ep 22 with letting him win showing that this is the start of a dark path in Hyuga's story.

Ok it's most certain that Hyuga would lead a dark path because of the resonance Lean sees in him. It's kinda like Turbo when Phi saw Aiga's potential in resonance. I'm not saying the creators will redo this but I personally think next ep we might catch a glimpse on whats gonna happen.
(Aug. 23, 2020  7:59 AM)Achilles25 Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  7:28 AM)rainy days Wrote:  What you just said made no sense. He hit a Sparking shoot in the first episode, beat Rantaro with a young beyblade experience, and managed to outspin Free. Hyuga only beat Sisco. So how is his growth reasonable when he goes from beating a subpar legend, to beating a bunch of legends. How was this the start of a dark path, he was normally resonating with Hyperion. And the battle was kind of over complicated. He BARELY outspun them, so how are you going to say his strength is better than the legends just because of 1 second? And how would Aiga have won, you didn't specify that, you should explained why Hikaru wouldn't.

Ok it's most certain that Hyuga would lead a dark path because of the resonance Lean sees in him. It's kinda like Turbo when Phi saw Aiga's potential in resonance. I'm not saying the creators will redo this but I personally think next ep we might catch a glimpse on whats gonna happen.
It would certainly be a cool thing to have a good brother/evil brother dynamic. If they do proceed with this then I kinda want to have Lane see Hyuga as an ally as opposed to a toy or entertainment.
(Aug. 23, 2020  8:07 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  7:59 AM)Achilles25 Wrote: Ok it's most certain that Hyuga would lead a dark path because of the resonance Lean sees in him. It's kinda like Turbo when Phi saw Aiga's potential in resonance. I'm not saying the creators will redo this but I personally think next ep we might catch a glimpse on whats gonna happen.
It would certainly be a cool thing to have a good brother/evil brother dynamic. If they do proceed with this then I kinda want to have Lane see Hyuga as an ally as opposed to a toy or entertainment.

Exactumundo
(Aug. 23, 2020  7:59 AM)Achilles25 Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  7:28 AM)rainy days Wrote:  What you just said made no sense. He hit a Sparking shoot in the first episode, beat Rantaro with a young beyblade experience, and managed to outspin Free. Hyuga only beat Sisco. So how is his growth reasonable when he goes from beating a subpar legend, to beating a bunch of legends. How was this the start of a dark path, he was normally resonating with Hyperion. And the battle was kind of over complicated. He BARELY outspun them, so how are you going to say his strength is better than the legends just because of 1 second? And how would Aiga have won, you didn't specify that, you should explained why Hikaru wouldn't.

Let's be careful with our assumptions. It's not a certainty that Hyuga will turn to a dark path. Anything is possible but it's far from a foregone conclusion.

(Aug. 23, 2020  8:07 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  7:59 AM)Achilles25 Wrote: Ok it's most certain that Hyuga would lead a dark path because of the resonance Lean sees in him. It's kinda like Turbo when Phi saw Aiga's potential in resonance. I'm not saying the creators will redo this but I personally think next ep we might catch a glimpse on whats gonna happen.

I was thinking along those lines as well. That's the only way I see them actually doing something interesting with a corrupted resonance arc. If they do it and it ends up being a repeat of Aiga's fall, then that will be very disappointing.
Hikaru is a weak bladder. I would be happy if his bey shattered. I don’t know why he is a main protagonist anyways. Should have just been hyuga alone.
(Aug. 23, 2020  8:46 AM)Phengpegasus Wrote: Hikaru is a weak bladder. I would be happy if his bey shattered. I don’t know why he is a main protagonist anyways. Should have just been hyuga alone.

Hikaru's chance to shine hasn't happened yet.
I like how ppl think Hyuga is better than Hikaru. It's the other way around all Hyuga really did is get a fluke and pretty much unreasonably scream to win. Why would the match be even a stamina battle? It's cuz none of the leg. bladers were going full. Hyuga just got lucky in that battle. Hikaru on the other hand went against Lean and you know how strong Lean is cuz of plot armor that furry hedgehog is getting way too much attention than he needs.

But I mean if they really want to make Lean a Phi 2.0, and Hyuga Aiga 2.0 then go ahead I'm not stopping but I'm going to be honest let's be clear that without that fluke Hyuga is weaker than Hikaru it's obvious.

Hikaru showed so much more growth as a skilled blader than Hyuga after all Beyblade truly is about skill in the anime (well used to, cuz now you have ppl winning cuz of stronger BONDS with beys which is idiotic.)

Also, Hikaru has yet to show his power. As rainy-days said so I wouldn't underestimate him on that note, he is definitely better than that one character who screams to win, literally has no strategy but attack which is dumb. Looking at you Hyuga.

With all these reasons, I do think Hikaru and Aiga will win the 2v2, not only to show Hikaru's power but Aiga to avenge Ranjiro. Also didn't
Lean's first loss against Hikaru and Aiga could definitely make him mad and pretty much go beastmode against Hikaru the next time he battles and that happens like the manga. It makes sense because you know Lean just wants to win if he loses, he is gonna be pissed af and pull another one of those stunts.
(Aug. 23, 2020  4:03 PM)rainy days Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  8:46 AM)Phengpegasus Wrote: Hikaru is a weak bladder. I would be happy if his bey shattered. I don’t know why he is a main protagonist anyways. Should have just been hyuga alone.

Hikaru's chance to shine hasn't happened yet.

Yes, now do you see why that’s a problem? I can understand that hyuga is getting lucky with his battles and winning almost all the time, but why hasn’t Hikaru gotten a chance yet? Are the writers planning to make Hikaru a joke and Hyuga a hero? You might as well make lane break Helios so he can start from fresh, because at this rate, he hasn’t done that far at all.
(Aug. 23, 2020  4:58 PM)Phengpegasus Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  4:03 PM)rainy days Wrote: Hikaru's chance to shine hasn't happened yet.

Yes, now do you see why that’s a problem? I can understand that hyuga is getting lucky with his battles and winning almost all the time, but why hasn’t Hikaru gotten a chance yet? Are the writers planning to make Hikaru a joke and Hyuga a hero? You might as well make lane break Helios so he can start from fresh, because at this rate, he hasn’t done that far at all.
Hyuga really isn’t winning all the time to be honest. He beat Rantaro/Ranjiro in the 2v2 but he never beat Ranjiro after Ranjiro demolished him, he never got the chance to beat free until the royale, he beat Silas only to lose to him right after. He never beat Lui since the battle was interrupted and he only beat Dante once to lose to him after. He’s definitely doing better than Hikaru but not by far too long of a shot, and Hyuga is not really winning almost all the time. The part of what you said that I will agree with is that Hikaru really hasn’t done much at all. He never really engaged in any serious battle with Silas and Drum onscreen and he generally hasn’t had as many battle opportunities as Hyuga.
(Aug. 23, 2020  4:58 PM)Phengpegasus Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  4:03 PM)rainy days Wrote: Hikaru's chance to shine hasn't happened yet.

Bruh, Hikaru probably will be strong by the end of the season. You just have to give it time. All people learn and develop at a different pace. Maybe the writers want to experiment with two different character developments. Hyuga is kinda like Aiga, winning straight off the bat. But, Hikaru is probably taking the route of Valt, slowly getting stronger. Again, just give it some time. By the end of the season, if Hikaru is not stronger (which he’s probably gonna get stronger) then you can complain. Right now, it’s too early to tell.
(Aug. 23, 2020  5:22 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  4:58 PM)Phengpegasus Wrote: Yes, now do you see why that’s a problem? I can understand that hyuga is getting lucky with his battles and winning almost all the time, but why hasn’t Hikaru gotten a chance yet? Are the writers planning to make Hikaru a joke and Hyuga a hero? You might as well make lane break Helios so he can start from fresh, because at this rate, he hasn’t done that far at all.

Bruh, Hikaru probably will be strong by the end of the season. You just have to give it time. All people learn and develop at a different pace. Maybe the writers want to experiment with two different character developments. Hyuga is kinda like Aiga, winning straight off the bat. But, Hikaru is probably taking the route of Valt, slowly getting stronger. Again, just give it some time. By the end of the season, if Hikaru is not stronger (which he’s probably gonna get stronger) then you can complain. Right now, it’s too early to tell.
So Hikaru is suppose to pull an Amane and lose every battle and then win 1 tiny battle at the end? It’s already bad enough he easily lost to Lui (not like I was expecting him to win anyways) and barely shows his full strength. My concern is, if Hikaru and Hyuga are suppose to be the main protagonists of this series, why is Hikaru not getting anything? The only times he grew was probably battling rantaro and tag teaming with valt. Again, I would not even be suprised if the manga is true and Hikaru’s bey breaks in the next episode.
(Aug. 23, 2020  5:42 PM)Phengpegasus Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  5:22 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote: Bruh, Hikaru probably will be strong by the end of the season. You just have to give it time. All people learn and develop at a different pace. Maybe the writers want to experiment with two different character developments. Hyuga is kinda like Aiga, winning straight off the bat. But, Hikaru is probably taking the route of Valt, slowly getting stronger. Again, just give it some time. By the end of the season, if Hikaru is not stronger (which he’s probably gonna get stronger) then you can complain. Right now, it’s too early to tell.
So Hikaru is suppose to pull an Amane and lose every battle and then win 1 tiny battle at the end? It’s already bad enough he easily lost to Lui (not like I was expecting him to win anyways) and barely shows his full strength. My concern is, if Hikaru and Hyuga are suppose to be the main protagonists of this series, why is Hikaru not getting anything? The only times he grew was probably battling rantaro and tag teaming with valt. Again, I would not even be suprised if the manga is true and Hikaru’s bey breaks in the next episode.
Please read what I said before again.
(Aug. 23, 2020  5:42 PM)Phengpegasus Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  5:22 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote: Bruh, Hikaru probably will be strong by the end of the season. You just have to give it time. All people learn and develop at a different pace. Maybe the writers want to experiment with two different character developments. Hyuga is kinda like Aiga, winning straight off the bat. But, Hikaru is probably taking the route of Valt, slowly getting stronger. Again, just give it some time. By the end of the season, if Hikaru is not stronger (which he’s probably gonna get stronger) then you can complain. Right now, it’s too early to tell.

He didn't easily lose to Lui. He ate an upper attack, and then Lui hit a combo on him. And Phengpegasus has a point. The characters could progress in different ways. Hyuga could just be like Aiga, catching on quickly and get stronger every battle. But Hikaru is more like Valt, which took time to grew and became really strong over time. For all we know, Hikaru could put up a good fight with Aiga and beat Lane. And Helios won't break next episode, we don't even know what kind of evolution the beys are getting, so a beyblade breaking 4 months before the release of the evolution is unreal.
(Aug. 23, 2020  7:24 PM)rainy days Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  5:42 PM)Phengpegasus Wrote: So Hikaru is suppose to pull an Amane and lose every battle and then win 1 tiny battle at the end? It’s already bad enough he easily lost to Lui (not like I was expecting him to win anyways) and barely shows his full strength. My concern is, if Hikaru and Hyuga are suppose to be the main protagonists of this series, why is Hikaru not getting anything? The only times he grew was probably battling rantaro and tag teaming with valt. Again, I would not even be suprised if the manga is true and Hikaru’s bey breaks in the next episode.

He didn't easily lose to Lui. He ate an upper attack, and then Lui hit a combo on him. And Phengpegasus has a point. The characters could progress in different ways. Hyuga could just be like Aiga, catching on quickly and get stronger every battle. But Hikaru is more like Valt, which took time to grew and became really strong over time. For all we know, Hikaru could put up a good fight with Aiga and beat Lane. And Helios won't break next episode, we don't even know what kind of evolution the beys are getting, so a beyblade breaking 4 months before the release of the evolution is unreal.

I argue with that considering that Devolos broke in the manga long before it’s evolution got even a silhouette

(Aug. 23, 2020  7:24 PM)rainy days Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  5:42 PM)Phengpegasus Wrote: So Hikaru is suppose to pull an Amane and lose every battle and then win 1 tiny battle at the end? It’s already bad enough he easily lost to Lui (not like I was expecting him to win anyways) and barely shows his full strength. My concern is, if Hikaru and Hyuga are suppose to be the main protagonists of this series, why is Hikaru not getting anything? The only times he grew was probably battling rantaro and tag teaming with valt. Again, I would not even be suprised if the manga is true and Hikaru’s bey breaks in the next episode.

I argue with that considering that Devolos broke in the manga long before it’s evolution got even a silhouette
(Aug. 23, 2020  9:09 PM)TitanDragon Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  7:24 PM)rainy days Wrote: He didn't easily lose to Lui. He ate an upper attack, and then Lui hit a combo on him. And Phengpegasus has a point. The characters could progress in different ways. Hyuga could just be like Aiga, catching on quickly and get stronger every battle. But Hikaru is more like Valt, which took time to grew and became really strong over time. For all we know, Hikaru could put up a good fight with Aiga and beat Lane. And Helios won't break next episode, we don't even know what kind of evolution the beys are getting, so a beyblade breaking 4 months before the release of the evolution is unreal.

(Aug. 23, 2020  7:24 PM)rainy days Wrote: He didn't easily lose to Lui. He ate an upper attack, and then Lui hit a combo on him. And Phengpegasus has a point. The characters could progress in different ways. Hyuga could just be like Aiga, catching on quickly and get stronger every battle. But Hikaru is more like Valt, which took time to grew and became really strong over time. For all we know, Hikaru could put up a good fight with Aiga and beat Lane. And Helios won't break next episode, we don't even know what kind of evolution the beys are getting, so a beyblade breaking 4 months before the release of the evolution is unreal.

Thats the manga. The manga has a storyline similar but different than the anime. An example is when in the anime, Aiga never beat Free, but Aiga did beat Free in the manga.