Beyblade Burst SlingShock Format

(Aug. 27, 2019  12:09 AM)Chessmaster Chi Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2019  3:36 AM)Dash Driver Wrote: I realize that Hasbro nerfed Turbo beys terribly, but they’re easiest to access outside of Japan. I think it would be cool for a format dedicated to SlingShock beys. They deserve to have some use, just like the single and dual layer beys get to be used. This format would be good for people who can easily buy Beyblade Burst Turbo beys. But what do you think? Should this be a format? Or am I just crazy for even suggesting this?

Oh dude, thats genius
Thanks!
Did anyone played with these rules? I really like this idea. One of the most enjoyable things in games with a high collectable focus are the random purchases when you see something new or interesting in the stores. Not a fan of ordering everything online and wait for 4 weeks to get it (although if you waited 4 weeks and you forgot what you ordered it's a delightful surprise :'D)

But back to topic. Even though i like the idea of this format i can imagine that the SlingShock mode wouldn't be used very often. In my experience (Videos i saw) the SlingShock gimmick seems to weaken the bey overall. A Bey with SlingShock deactivated seem to have a better winning chance so why should anyone use the SlingShock gimmick? How about a little variation Between the Standard Rules and the SlingShock rules? Don't let the end of a match be determinate by mere Points, i have something in my mind like: A match goes 3 rounds, the winner of the match is the blader with the most points after these 3 round, should it be a draw an additional round is played as long as the match has a winner. Every blader need to activate the SlingShock mode at least for one round, the blader can decide in wich round he or she will use the Slingshock mode.

Or to make the SlingShock gimmick more interesting. Every point done with the Slingshock mode activated brings an additional point. But before changing the rules we need valid experience for the effectivity between SlingShock mode activated and deactivated since all these changes only make sense if my assumption are correct.

Sincerly
Tristan alias Sir_Tantris
(Aug. 28, 2019  10:11 PM)Sir_Tantris Wrote: Did anyone played with these rules? I really like this idea. One of the most enjoyable things in games with a high collectable focus are the random purchases when you see something new or interesting in the stores. Not a fan of ordering everything online and wait for 4 weeks to get it (although if you waited 4 weeks and you forgot what you ordered it's a delightful surprise :'D)

But back to topic. Even though i like the idea of this format i can imagine that the SlingShock mode wouldn't be used very often. In my experience (Videos i saw) the SlingShock gimmick seems to weaken the bey overall. A Bey with SlingShock deactivated seem to have a better winning chance so why should anyone use the SlingShock gimmick? How about a little variation Between the Standard Rules and the SlingShock rules?  Don't let the end of a match be determinate by mere Points, i have something in my mind like: A match goes 3 rounds, the winner of the match is the blader with the most points after these 3 round, should it be a draw an additional round is played as long as the match has a winner. Every blader need to activate the SlingShock mode at least for one round, the blader can decide in wich round he or she will use the Slingshock mode.

Or to make the SlingShock gimmick more interesting. Every point done with the Slingshock mode activated brings an additional point. But before changing the rules we need valid experience for the effectivity between SlingShock mode activated and deactivated since all these changes only make sense if my assumption are correct.

Sincerly
Tristan alias Sir_Tantris
Good point. Maybe after some experimental tournaments with this we can decide how to incorporate SlingShock mode. Also, is anyone willing to try a tournament with this format?
I would love that, yall pls do it!
(Aug. 28, 2019  11:43 PM)Siccle_Bladez Wrote: I would love that, yall pls do it!
We’d need an organizer, they’d need to get permission to host a tournament with an experimental format. Maybe BoogietheBlader could think about it?
i would do it but 1 i dont think im qualified and 2 no bladers live in my area and nobody knows of my county
dtu
(Aug. 28, 2019  11:46 PM)Dash Driver Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2019  11:43 PM)Siccle_Bladez Wrote: I would love that, yall pls do it!
We’d need an organizer, they’d need to get permission to host a tournament with an experimental format. Maybe BoogietheBlader could think about it?
Yeah! But last tournament took so long we didn't get to run our 2v2. But I'll see about it for next year.
(Aug. 29, 2019  3:13 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2019  11:46 PM)Dash Driver Wrote: We’d need an organizer, they’d need to get permission to host a tournament with an experimental format. Maybe BoogietheBlader could think about it?
Yeah! But last tournament took so long we didn't get to run our 2v2. But I'll see about it for next year.
Oh well. At least you agreed.
(Aug. 29, 2019  3:14 AM)Dash Driver Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2019  3:13 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: Yeah! But last tournament took so long we didn't get to run our 2v2. But I'll see about it for next year.
Oh well. At least you agreed.

I'm always down for new/fun formats. People are too competive sometimes and it's fun to do these smaller formats.
(Aug. 29, 2019  3:37 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2019  3:14 AM)Dash Driver Wrote: Oh well. At least you agreed.

I'm always down for new/fun formats. People are too competive sometimes and it's fun to do these smaller formats.
Yeah.
(Aug. 29, 2019  3:13 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: dtu
(Aug. 28, 2019  11:46 PM)Dash Driver Wrote: We’d need an organizer, they’d need to get permission to host a tournament with an experimental format. Maybe BoogietheBlader could think about it?

Do 2v2 again!
I’m in PA, and I might have time to host an experimental tournament.
(Aug. 29, 2019  2:46 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2019  3:13 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: dtuYeah! But last tournament took so long we didn't get to run our 2v2. But I'll see about it for next year.

Do 2v2 again!

That's the plan for next time. First I need more stadiums and judges to make it run faster.
(Aug. 29, 2019  3:18 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: I’m in PA, and I might have time to host an experimental tournament.
Oh cool.
(Aug. 29, 2019  8:35 PM)Dash Driver Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2019  3:18 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: I’m in PA, and I might have time to host an experimental tournament.
Oh cool.
Oh yeah, my time to shine
(Aug. 30, 2019  1:02 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2019  8:35 PM)Dash Driver Wrote: Oh cool.
Oh yeah, my time to shine
Definitely. You’re like a big Hasbro player.
I like the idea of this format.

I do not think scoring should change based on the drivers mode, and with my limited experience, the driver modes can both be effective or drawbacks - that variability does add more strategy and flavor I think though.

This is pretty good because these beys and stadiums are widely available in the U.S.
(Sep. 07, 2019  6:30 PM)Dannabeys Wrote: I like the idea of this format.

I do not think scoring should change based on the drivers mode, and with my limited experience, the driver modes can both be effective or drawbacks - that variability does add more strategy and flavor I think though.

This is pretty good because these beys and stadiums are widely available in the U.S.
Oh ok I made the Slingshock scoring rule because almost everybody would use Battle Ring mode.
Well, I don’t think this format would actually happen, as nobody has shown 100% interest in hosting or attending a tournament with this format.
(Sep. 28, 2019  1:55 AM)Dash Driver Wrote: Well, I don’t think this format would actually happen, as nobody has shown 100% interest in hosting or attending a tournament with this format.

You do realize that a lot of work needs to put in for a new format to come up, don't you? In the point of view of organizers, it isn't ideal to put all that effort in when:
a) it may not be worth if the format becomes a failure ( I don't think it will fail btw) or,
b) they could use a popularly used format, which will require lesser work.
First, there needs to be a ruleset (including bans if needed, what stadium to use etc.)
Then, you have to be sure that people will come (I see a few people every time on a slingshock video, complaining about the lack of SS beys in their local area).
You gotta make sure it picks up, by using it in not just 1 place, but use in other tourneys as well.
(Sep. 28, 2019  8:38 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2019  1:55 AM)Dash Driver Wrote: Well, I don’t think this format would actually happen, as nobody has shown 100% interest in hosting or attending a tournament with this format.

You do realize that a lot of work needs to put in for a new format to come up, don't you? In the point of view of organizers, it isn't ideal to put all that effort in when:
a) it may not be worth if the format becomes a failure ( I don't think it will fail btw) or,
b) they could use a popularly used format, which will require lesser work.
First, there needs to be a ruleset (including bans if needed, what stadium to use etc.)
Then, you have to be sure that people will come (I see a few people every time on a slingshock video, complaining about the lack of SS beys in their local area).
You gotta make sure it picks up, by using it in not just 1 place, but use in other tourneys as well.
True, but given the state of this thread, this might not become a format.
(Sep. 28, 2019  2:27 PM)Dash Driver Wrote: True, but given the state of this thread, this might not become a format.
As I have said, organizers might be reluctant to start this, only to potentially watch it fail or simply because it will take a looooooot of time as you need to construct the basics of the format (because it doesn't exist) like the rulesets etc.
(Sep. 28, 2019  3:22 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2019  2:27 PM)Dash Driver Wrote: True, but given the state of this thread, this might not become a format.
As I have said, organizers might be reluctant to start this, only to potentially watch it fail or simply because it will take a looooooot of time as you need to construct the basics of the format (because it doesn't exist) like the rulesets etc.
Yeah, but how would I make the ruleset(I'm a dumb kid)?
(Sep. 28, 2019  3:33 PM)Dash Driver Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2019  3:22 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: As I have said, organizers might be reluctant to start this, only to potentially watch it fail or simply because it will take a looooooot of time as you need to construct the basics of the format (because it doesn't exist) like the rulesets etc.
Yeah, but how would I make the ruleset(I'm a dumb kid)?
I could make it… 

Also, I’d be down to host a mini tournament for this.
(Sep. 28, 2019  3:37 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2019  3:33 PM)Dash Driver Wrote: Yeah, but how would I make the ruleset(I'm a dumb kid)?
I could make it… 

Also, I’d be down to host a mini tournament for this.
Once you(hopefully) become an organizer.