Beyblade Burst GT Episode #5 (May 3, 2019)

05) Dragon vs. Fafnir!
ドラゴンVSファブニル!
Doragon vs. Fafnir!
May 3, 2019

Source: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3yB86UWsAIRJq2.jpg

Script: Yoshifumi Fukushima
Storyboard: Kazuki Kawagoe
Episode Director: Takayuki Yamamoto
Animation Supervisors: Chikako Noma, Yousuke Murata, Akihito Aoki
(Apr. 10, 2019  10:15 PM)lilphilyb Wrote: New fafnir confirmed

Ooooooooooo!!!!!!
So a new Fafnir blader sorta disappointing..
(Apr. 11, 2019  8:58 PM)DrumKoryu Wrote: So a new Fafnir blader sorta disappointing..

It is, we can't do anything tho.
Clash of Dragons, hmm. Giving me B-Daman Crossfire/fight flashbacks. Although the only thing that can beat Fafnirs are Sigurds. No one's going to get that joke.
I'll accept the new Fafnir though. I like Free, but I like Xhan too and he was just as fun as Xhaka, so if he's a good character, I've got no problems with that.
Grand Dragon vs Wizard Fafnir...hmm I see Fumiya winning this one course...if Drum turns out to be Aiga 2.0 by defeating someone powerful in the second go I quit GT.
(Apr. 28, 2019  5:44 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: Grand Dragon vs Wizard Fafnir...hmm I see Fumiya winning this one course...if Drum turns out to be Aiga 2.0 by defeating someone powerful in the second go I quit GT.

he probably is going to win he lost the first time. I dont really see him turning out to be like aiga he is more of a season 1 valt
(Apr. 28, 2019  2:29 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2019  5:44 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: Grand Dragon vs Wizard Fafnir...hmm I see Fumiya winning this one course...if Drum turns out to be Aiga 2.0 by defeating someone powerful in the second go I quit GT.

he probably is going to win he lost the first time. I dont really see him turning out to be like aiga he is more of a season 1 valt

Fumiya barely even did anything against Drum and Amane in his first appearance. He has some tricks in his sleeves for sure. I can see it. Just watch how Fumiya crushes Drum...if Fumiya goes all out and Drum still manages to beat him you tell me isn't Drum OP like Aiga?
(Apr. 28, 2019  5:07 PM)Legend Red Eye Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2019  2:29 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: he probably is going to win he lost the first time. I dont really see him turning out to be like aiga he is more of a season 1 valt

Fumiya barely even did anything against Drum and Amane in his first appearance. He has some tricks in his sleeves for sure. I can see it. Just watch how Fumiya crushes Drum...if Fumiya goes all out and Drum still manages to beat him you tell me isn't Drum OP like Aiga?

damn.. , if drum wins then its basically plot armour
(Apr. 28, 2019  5:31 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2019  5:07 PM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: Fumiya barely even did anything against Drum and Amane in his first appearance. He has some tricks in his sleeves for sure. I can see it. Just watch how Fumiya crushes Drum...if Fumiya goes all out and Drum still manages to beat him you tell me isn't Drum OP like Aiga?

damn.. , if drum wins then its basically plot armour
Technically no, he's training. If Drum barely wins, its a sign of him growing, using a bey style to counter Fumiya's he made himself, had to beat Amane to figure out, and ultimately struggled to win.
I don't understand how a main character beating a new rival after losing counts as plot amour as of late. Valt literally loses a pre round and battle to every opponent he faced in the Regional Tournament and the final Individual Nationals Tournament and finally beats them in official matches. And Aiga's lost or tied to every Cho-Z blader barring Evel (Toko beat him after he lost to Hearts, that counts). And like Drum, all three of them have had to train or struggle figuring out how to beat each opponent for better or destructive.

It's really getting weird how we're shifting to "the main character going to win=PLOT AMOUR, THIS SHOW IS BAD, when he's the damn main character"
Surely if it were plot armour, they wouldn't even be losing the first time around, right? ?

You literally see the progression of the protagonist each time they lose. Valt with training, and Drum here developing a new Base. It's not really plot armour if the main character is working for it and then winning, haha. 

Plot armour would be winning by some kind of miraculous fluke, which rarely happens in Burst (except y'know...Aiga...who had a lot of "BONDS WITH ACHILLES" somehow granting god powers).
I think another thing people are forgetting is that Drum beating Fumiya isn't exactly like Drum beating Free, which could be where the disbelief of Drum winning may stem from. Yes both Fumiya and Free are Fafnir owners, but that doesn't necessarily mean Fumiya is on par with Free, at least I'm not convinced yet.

Plus, given the amount of time we have in this season, they probably wanted to get things moving, after all, Fumiya is a main character it seems.
(Apr. 29, 2019  1:21 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Plot armour would be winning by some kind of miraculous fluke, which rarely happens in Burst (except y'know...Aiga...who had a lot of "BONDS WITH ACHILLES" somehow granting god powers).
Hey, hey trained half of the time.

The point still stands though.
How many headbands do these guys have?
I got to say, I like Fumiya's facial expressions. He seems very intimidating, and the animators showed that nicely. His voice too.
Oh, man! What a cool episode! That was easy one of the best episodes in Burst imo!
The animation was beautiful, I really love the animation quality in this series. :)
For some reason, I feel like Fumiya’s sister (I can never remember her name) should get Joker, although the blue and purple guy is likely to get it too.
(May. 03, 2019  2:20 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: For some reason, I feel like Fumiya’s sister (I can never remember her name) should get Joker, although the blue and purple guy is likely to get it too.

Her name is Ichiko.
Episode Review:

(May. 03, 2019  3:58 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Episode Review:

(May. 03, 2019  6:52 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(May. 03, 2019  3:58 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Episode Review:

I wish the episodes were longer