Beyblade Burst GT Episode #20 (August 16, 2019)

(Aug. 16, 2019  5:49 PM)Achilles25 Wrote: One of the worst episodes I have ever seen.

Indeed, Gachi went downhill after the bey carnival. Next episode Drum wins, how original. I am only looking forward to Aiga, and hopefully Valt returns.
(Aug. 16, 2019  6:23 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2019  5:49 PM)Achilles25 Wrote: One of the worst episodes I have ever seen.

Indeed, Gachi went downhill after the bey carnival. Next episode Drum wins, how original. I am only looking forward to Aiga, and hopefully Valt returns.

Tbh I didn't think the episode was that bad, all that I really hated is that Drum wouldn't shut up at the beginning you know what scene I'm talking about. Though yeah there is always the obvious outcome when the protagonist battles someone whether it happens first time or second time they battle or whatever.
(Aug. 16, 2019  6:29 PM)MrBlade Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2019  6:23 PM)g2_ Wrote: Indeed, Gachi went downhill after the bey carnival. Next episode Drum wins, how original. I am only looking forward to Aiga, and hopefully Valt returns.

Tbh I didn't think the episode was that bad, all that I really hated is that Drum wouldn't shut up at the beginning you know what scene I'm talking about. Though yeah there is always the obvious outcome when the protagonist battles someone whether it happens first time or second time they battle or whatever.
Yeah unfortunately Drum is also too OP, I don't remember the last time he lost.
(Aug. 16, 2019  6:32 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2019  6:29 PM)MrBlade Wrote: Tbh I didn't think the episode was that bad, all that I really hated is that Drum wouldn't shut up at the beginning you know what scene I'm talking about. Though yeah there is always the obvious outcome when the protagonist battles someone whether it happens first time or second time they battle or whatever.
I believe the last person he lost to was Delta which was a while ago.
(Aug. 16, 2019  6:29 PM)MrBlade Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2019  6:23 PM)g2_ Wrote: Indeed, Gachi went downhill after the bey carnival. Next episode Drum wins, how original. I am only looking forward to Aiga, and hopefully Valt returns.

Aiga lost to Hearts three times in a row and it took Tyson four times to beat Ozuma.

(Aug. 16, 2019  6:29 PM)MrBlade Wrote: Tbh I didn't think the episode was that bad, all that I really hated is that Drum wouldn't shut up at the beginning you know what scene I'm talking about. Though yeah there is always the obvious outcome when the protagonist battles someone whether it happens first time or second time they battle or whatever.

Delta kicked his but 6 to 0 in his last match. Lodin would've ko'd him from the tournament if the finals weren't three points to win.
The result was actually pretty suprising to me, I definitely expected Drum to win or atleast tie the match when he used gold turbo. Well, I like Pot so I don't mind another focused on him. Also Amana was pretty hilarious this episode lol

The thing about that is I love Drum he’s the type to take it seriously and never loses yes it will make the battle predictable but it goes to show you that Drum is talented unlike Aiga who is still a trash protagonist in my opinion but it also goes to show that he’s truly becoming worthy of battling Valt and worthy of becoming a true Champion
(Aug. 16, 2019  7:41 PM)Limetka Wrote: The result was actually pretty suprising to me, I definitely expected Drum to win or atleast tie the match when he used gold turbo. Well, I like Pot so I don't mind another focused on him. Also Amana was pretty hilarious this episode lol

Well at least I'm not the only one who likes Pot.
I lie aiga for the opposite reason. Although aiga was never allowed to make smart move due to his first bey all containing garbage parts, he always found a way around his opponents bey. It was kind of like how valt had a move set for any scenario. However aiga being not only a balance type user, but also having more than one brain cell during the time he had xtend + and dimension, was able to out type the opponent. Drum can do that as well, but unlike aiger who was given time to develop, drum just fights one guy once and wings it. So i was pretty happy when i saw him lose, but it wont last as he is gonna battle next episode
(Aug. 16, 2019  7:57 PM)BoruGod Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2019  6:32 PM)g2_ Wrote: Yeah unfortunately Drum is also too OP, I don't remember the last time he lost.

The thing about that is I love Drum he’s the type to take it seriously and never loses yes it will make the battle predictable but it goes to show you that Drum is talented unlike Aiga who is still a trash protagonist in my opinion but it also goes to show that he’s truly becoming worthy of battling Valt and worthy of becoming a true Champion

If Drum becomes the champion it would be horrible. An exact copy of Cho-Z and a really chip move. Valt beats Aiga, Drum beats Delta. I'll be ok with Drum beating Valt though, maybe by a close spin finish. But since Valt is done in GT, it doesn't matter.
(Aug. 17, 2019  3:06 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2019  7:57 PM)BoruGod Wrote: The thing about that is I love Drum he’s the type to take it seriously and never loses yes it will make the battle predictable but it goes to show you that Drum is talented unlike Aiga who is still a trash protagonist in my opinion but it also goes to show that he’s truly becoming worthy of battling Valt and worthy of becoming a true Champion

If Drum becomes the champion it would be horrible. An exact copy of Cho-Z and a really chip move. Valt beats Aiga, Drum beats Delta. I'll be ok with Drum beating Valt though, maybe by a close spin finish. But since Valt is done in GT, it doesn't matter.

It would feel a bit anti climatic if Drum lost though. Isn't GT supposed to be the final season of Burst? It'd be good to see Valt's protege catch up to him one day.
(Aug. 17, 2019  3:08 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2019  3:06 AM)g2_ Wrote: If Drum becomes the champion it would be horrible. An exact copy of Cho-Z and a really chip move. Valt beats Aiga, Drum beats Delta. I'll be ok with Drum beating Valt though, maybe by a close spin finish. But since Valt is done in GT, it doesn't matter.

It would feel a bit anti climatic if Drum lost though. Isn't GT supposed to be the final season of Burst? It'd be good to see Valt's protege catch up to him one day.

It can be like Shu vs Valt in season 1, Valt doesn't beat him, but it's not the final battle.
(Aug. 17, 2019  3:09 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2019  3:08 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: It would feel a bit anti climatic if Drum lost though. Isn't GT supposed to be the final season of Burst? It'd be good to see Valt's protege catch up to him one day.

It can be like Shu vs Valt in season 1, Valt doesn't beat him, but it's not the final battle.

So they'd have to have at least 3 battles then. One where Drum loses, another one where he comes close but only gets a point off, then battles him near the end right?
(Aug. 17, 2019  1:14 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2019  3:09 AM)g2_ Wrote: It can be like Shu vs Valt in season 1, Valt doesn't beat him, but it's not the final battle.

So they'd have to have at least 3 battles then. One where Drum loses, another one where he comes close but only gets a point off, then battles him near the end right?
Not exactly they can have another battle where it's 2-2 and Drum losses by a close spin finish.
(Aug. 16, 2019  12:36 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2019  9:13 AM)g2_ Wrote: OK I'm done with Gachi, literally a battle as unimportant as this is taking place in 2 episodes. This season is way too slow. I'm done with Gachi. It's trash and it's unfair to wait for a fricking episode as underwhelming as this for a week.

Bro, did yoou think taking on the three strongest bladers in the world was gonna be easy?

In the end, they will be defeated anyway. Both Pot and Delta will lose. Drum will become champion let's just accept that even Aiga, and Valt will lose. Just accept it, and let the guy/gal move on if he/she insists. I'm losing interest in GT as well, it's not decently paced. Episodes are so short that previous characters don't even get the chance to be on screen. I had high expectations from both Fumiya and Lodin and yet they haven't re-appeared. I'm mainly keeping up because of Drum, Delta, and Aiga. The worst part about burst is that we can predict that what can/will happen instead of any plot-twists. Hiro Morita isn't that creative in my opinion where plot-twists go even fan creators of the show can make it interesting enough for the viewers to continue watching. 

Ranjiro had the potential to be a great blader but what happened? He is a kitty copy cat of his brother Rantaro. Even, Amane seems like a Rantaro sidekick type where he sticks with the main and just fights the tough blader, exposes their power, loses, main takes the fight and wins...really? You tell me how many times Rantaro, Ranjiro, and Amane have won officially? 

Dumping Free, Shu, and Lui were reasonable in GT. My question is why did Lui had to get out of GT very early? We had so many expectations from him as well. 
Phi vs Lui could be a great match! Both of these characters swap their roles. 

Shu vs Lui, Free vs Shu, Free vs Lui, Shu vs Valt. OR Morita could have mixed it up with Phi going against all the Big 5 members from God series including Aiga. It could replace that battle in the battleship cruise where Phi won against all the battleship bladers. You tell me wouldn't that make everyone watch that potential episode? 

We could have a fanmade match with Lui vs Lodin, Free vs Fumiya in GT both of these bladers could have gotten very strong similar case as Fubuki with Shu. Guess what? Morita wasn't that creative...oof. 

There are far better animes than Beyblade. I recommend you to watch them if you want to watch something besides beyblade.
(Aug. 17, 2019  3:57 PM)Legend Red Eye Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2019  12:36 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Bro, did yoou think taking on the three strongest bladers in the world was gonna be easy?

In the end, they will be defeated anyway. Both Pot and Delta will lose. Drum will become champion let's just accept that even Aiga, and Valt will lose. Just accept it, and let the guy/gal move on if he/she insists. I'm losing interest in GT as well, it's not decently paced. Episodes are so short that previous characters don't even get the chance to be on screen. I had high expectations from both Fumiya and Lodin and yet they haven't re-appeared. I'm mainly keeping up because of Drum, Delta, and Aiga. The worst part about burst is that we can predict that what can/will happen instead of any plot-twists. Hiro Morita isn't that creative in my opinion where plot-twists go even fan creators of the show can make it interesting enough for the viewers to continue watching. 

Ranjiro had the potential to be a great blader but what happened? He is a kitty copy cat of his brother Rantaro. Even, Amane seems like a Rantaro sidekick type where he sticks with the main and just fights the tough blader, exposes their power, loses, main takes the fight and wins...really? You tell me how many times Rantaro, Ranjiro, and Amane have won officially? 

Dumping Free, Shu, and Lui were reasonable in GT. My question is why did Lui had to get out of GT very early? We had so many expectations from him as well. 

Shu vs Lui, Free vs Shu, Free vs Lui, Shu vs Valt. OR Morita could have mixed it up with Phi going against all the Big 5 members from God series including Aiga. It could replace that battle in the battleship cruise where Phi won against all the battleship bladers. You tell me wouldn't that make everyone watch that potential episode? 

We could have a fanmade match with Lui vs Lodin, Free vs Fumiya in GT both of these bladers could have gotten very strong similar case as Fubuki with Shu. Guess what? Morita wasn't that creative...oof. 

There are far better animes than Beyblade. I recommend you to watch them if you want to watch something besides beyblade.

You’re right there. That’s fine. I wish they episodes weren’t so short either. By now this would be episode 10 in a full season. I want to see Fumiya and Lodin come back but we just started a new arc and they were gone for just 6 episodes so far. I didn’t mind back in Sword Flames Arc that Wakiya wasn’t around till it was over but it was just me.

Morita, he wrote the Burst manga but anime changes wise, I’m not sure if it was him.

Yeah there’s a good reason the Kiyamas are split down the middle. Rantaro has a 33% win record in God and a 50% win record in the original, Ranjiro has a 5-14 win/loss record. Yep, that is a problem. I’m hoping Amane is the one that gets to defeat Pot.

My major issue with Burst overall is that the characters are fairly likeable but their consistency in battle is all over the place. I judge a character based on their personality and bey prowess but I usually try to seperate them. Metal and Burst excelled really well at giving equal development to the main cast for the most part and I feel like Beyblade Burst needs to go back to the original roots of giving everyone a starting point. Season 1, only Valt, Shu, Wakiya, and maybe Ken got closure to their arcs while Rantaro and Daina were left behind, Season 2: Valt, Free, Shu, Wakiya, Sisco, Daina, and Cuza got closure and left Ranjiro behind. Season 3: Aiga, Fubuki, Suoh got some closure but the rest of the supporting characters got more than some of bladers who started from the first.

Admittedly I would prefer if the past bladers trained the new ones since Lodin and Lui feel like they would get along really well. I think you’re referring to ChoZ for Lui leaving earlier, yeah him vs Phi would be awesome. Apparently there was a mandate to make a hybrid of the old and next generation.

Phi vs the original and new Big 5 would be AWESOME. But half of them don’t have new beys. Normally that shouldn’t be a bother since Sisco and Kurtz showed up, but the Battleship Cruise wasn’t a bad arc. And Phi beat Shu, Free, Xhaka’s protege, could easily beat Joshua and Ruway. Though if I were to make a headcanon, Phi was mentioned to rise up the ranks so maybe he beat some of the God characters off screen. Then again, I do love battle royale. Yeah, Phi taking on all of them at once would be pretty rad. Though from the Battleship Cruise arc we got, power scaling got a bit wonky. Without Phi, I would like to see who would’ve won that amongst the eight. (Though the 6 baring Aiga and Fubuki didn’t think of using a single special move was a waste of an awesome idea).

Well Xhaka trained Xhan with Sieg Xcalibur so its possible Free and Lui could do the same. If it doesn’t happen, yeah, go on Morita for that.

I’m a casual anime fan. I’ve watched a fair number, at least around 70 out of the 35413. But its still pretty damn interesting all things considered. True, there are anime better than beyblade, there are anime worse than beyblade. But its still enjoyable enough.
(Aug. 17, 2019  3:57 PM)Legend Red Eye Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2019  12:36 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Bro, did yoou think taking on the three strongest bladers in the world was gonna be easy?

Looks like somebody is on FIRE !! ( I was and will be online , but won't come online ) *cough* Anime for beyblade is losing potential *cough*
Alright, subs are out. Thanks fansubbers, y'all the best.

Drum's so earnest, its so adorable.
Pot's just lonely at the top, I get that. Not a stupid reason. I wonder if Amane and Drum break through to him, if Pot would be able to unlock Gold Turbo.
Now that I think about it, I wonder why Valt's not considered in the top rankings, unless he only dedicated himself to being a mentor. He doesn't really need the title since he's basically a legend & celebrity I guess.
Damn, Pot's so bored he only considers getting one point off of him a challenge.
"I guess it was a bad idea to challenge one of the global top 3 so early". Well that depends on who you ask. I don't mind, the larger the skill gap, the quicker our heroes are going to try and shorten it.
Knew about the rematch, but awesome, Pot's got a third secret move in the previews.

Huh, decided not to skip the ending and they got everyone here, cool. Wasn't expecting to see Delta next to Victories. Maybe that's foreshadowing he might join Victories later but that's breaking the "every character's last name begins with K" rule for the team, or I'm just reading into it lol.

Fun episode all in all, a solid 3.5.
(Aug. 20, 2019  11:09 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Alright, subs are out. Thanks fansubbers, y'all the best.

Pot's just lonely at the top, I get that.  Not a stupid reason. I wonder if Amane and Drum break through to him, if Pot would be able to unlock Gold Turbo.
Now that I think about it, I wonder why Valt's not considered in the top rankings, unless he only dedicated himself to being a mentor. He doesn't really need the title since he's basically a legend & celebrity I guess.
Damn, Pot's so bored he only considers getting one point off of him a challenge.
"I guess it was a bad idea to challenge one of the global top 3 so early". Well that depends on who you ask. I don't mind, the larger the skill gap, the quicker our heroes are going to try and shorten it.
Knew about the rematch, but awesome, Pot's got a third secret move in the previews.

Huh, decided not to skip the ending and they got everyone here, cool. Wasn't expecting to see Delta next to Victories. Maybe that's foreshadowing he might join Victories later but that's breaking the "every character's last name begins with K" rule for the team, or I'm just reading into it lol.

Speaking of the "K" rule, will Fumiya join? or is he too sassy like his previous character trait as Wakiya? It would be cool to see him in Victories. I don't mind him coming over, and I don't think Delta is there to "join" Victories. He is there watching Pot. So one day he can annihilate him as well so Delta can be the #1 and the best GT 3 in the series. OR he is watching Drum face other GT 3 to see how strong he has gotten after his battle against Delta.
(Aug. 21, 2019  5:40 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2019  11:09 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Alright, subs are out. Thanks fansubbers, y'all the best.

Pot's just lonely at the top, I get that.  Not a stupid reason. I wonder if Amane and Drum break through to him, if Pot would be able to unlock Gold Turbo.

Speaking of the "K" rule, will Fumiya join? or is he too sassy like his previous character trait as Wakiya? It would be cool to see him in Victories. I don't mind him coming over, and I don't think Delta is there to "join" Victories. He is there watching Pot. So one day he can annihilate him as well so Delta can be the #1 and the best GT 3 in the series. OR he is watching Drum face other GT 3 to see how strong he has gotten after his battle against Delta.
I meant Delta in the outtro animation, not in the show. I could kinda see Fumiya joining in the future. Or Pot will battle Delta sometime in the future.