Beyblade Burst France Championships [04/13/18]

Hi, what do you think about the France Championships in Lyon? I live in Barcelona, I am pretty hyped and sure gonna go!
I spoke with you on YT do you remember me ?
We know that it will be for kids between 8 and 13. On the friday and saturday morning they will organize qualification rounds and the finals on the saturday afternoon
http://championnatbeybladeburst.fr/
Will there be something similar for the rest of europe?
(Feb. 22, 2018  10:39 PM)TL14 Wrote: Will there be something similar for the rest of europe?

Nothing was announced for the rest of the world, sorry
(Feb. 22, 2018  10:27 PM)Ryuk_Shinigami Wrote: I spoke with you on YT do you remember me ?
We know that it will be for kids between 8 and 13. On the friday and saturday morning they will organize qualification rounds and the finals on the saturday afternoon

Woah! Great to see that the website is finally live. Apparently the full rules will come March 7th (of this year), which I am interested to hear.
(Feb. 22, 2018  10:27 PM)Ryuk_Shinigami Wrote: I spoke with you on YT do you remember me ?

Yes, of course I remember you. So sad I can't participate, I'll see If we go go so my brother participates.
After watching a video by Storm Beyblade Espace, this tournament worries me.. these are the rules I got from the video from my translating, so excuse if any are incorrect (check spoiler for video);

During the build up to finals, the semis of whatever it is will be divided into groups of 16. It was consider of only one match, where any loss (Burst, outspin or knockout) will result in an elimination. Winner moves on.

This issue only becomes worse with the Beyblade Burst app tie-in. On the France championship page, scanning the code for a special Genesis Valtryek V3 gives players a chance to earn a ‘medal’. By leveling up this virtual Bey to either level 4 or 5, you will earn a silver or gold badge respectively. These badges have an extreme significance to the game, as they allow for ONE redo of a round during the tournament. The silver badge is limited to the preliminaries, why the gold is also in the preliminaries AND semi-finals.

There is also a format for those over 13 and TAKARA TOMY (which is still for those under 13, I believe..), but I don’t think those are for the actual championship, as I read on their Facebook that it’s in the free play area. Overall.. very concerned

Watch the entire video here! (Click to View)
(Feb. 26, 2018  1:09 AM)Hato Wrote: During the build up to finals, the semis of whatever it is will be divided into groups of 16. It was consider of only one match, where any loss (Burst, outspin or knockout) will result in an elimination. Winner moves on.

So a "match" is just one round? That's terrible ...

(Feb. 26, 2018  1:09 AM)Hato Wrote: This issue only becomes worse with the Beyblade Burst app tie-in. On the France championship page, scanning the code for a special Genesis Valtryek V3 gives players a chance to earn a ‘medal’. By leveling up this virtual Bey to either level 4 or 5, you will earn a silver or gold badge respectively. These badges have an extreme significance to the game, as they allow for ONE redo of a round during the tournament. The silver badge is limited to the preliminaries, why the gold is also in the preliminaries AND semi-finals.

Also terrible ... Cool idea especially considering the matches are just one round which doesn't ultimately prove much of anything, but I would be extremely upset to lose a battle because someone use their medal/badge to re-do the round.

Conceptually, it's almost necessary from a competitive perspective because winning one round can be so random (people can often come back to win a WBO match 3-1 or 3-2 after being down 0-1 or 0-2, for example), but allowing for the re-do under these circumstances is ultimately a flawed concept because in reality just makes the final result even more random.  It's almost like you're just enabling for a re-roll of the dice.

It seems to me that they are pushing for the app for promotional reasons rather than with any intention to actually make a competitive event. But then again, that's tragically how all Hasbro-run events seem to have been over the years. They're first and forement promotional events, not competitive events.

I really wish they'd take come inspiration from WBO events, or TAKARA-TOMY events. Even just having the matches be first to three points like TAKARA-TOMY's tournaments would be a massive improvement despite the other flaws with the set up.

(Feb. 26, 2018  1:09 AM)Hato Wrote: There is also a format for those over 13 and TAKARA TOMY (which is still for those under 13, I believe..), but I don’t think those are for the actual championship, as I read on their Facebook that it’s in the free play area. Overall.. very concerned

However, I will give them credit for this. It's not what the community wants (which is an actual championship with a proper competitive tournament structure for all ages), but it is nice to see them acknowledge not only older players, but also a format for TAKARA-TOMY, even if it is a side event.
So best of one matches basically?